• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

3-2A Picks for Week 5

Started by NEark tigers, September 28, 2017, 10:04:26 am

Previous topic - Next topic

NEark tigers

Last Week: 2-1
Overall:  15-7

Should've finished 3-0 last week....

Winners in bold print.

EPC (-27) at Midland:   Easy win for EPC.

Salem  (-14) at Rector: After feeling the pain from Bulldog Nation last week, Salem gets Rector this week. This should be a win for the Greyhounds.

Cross County at Clarendon (-2): This is my upset special for the week. Last week, the Lions rolled past Brinkley, and CC finally got their first win at Midland. With CC's starting RB Henderson out for six weeks, KK Boykin will have to shoulder the load. I believe this game will be close, with the Lions pulling it out in the end.

Marked Tree at Earle (-12): This might be the last time that these two will play against each other, since Earle will be moving to the 6-2A as of next year. Since moving back to 2A in 2014, the Bulldogs are 3-0 against the Indians, including a 49-8 thrashing last season. Bohannon threw for five TDs and also running for one. MT is also 3-1, with a big victory over EPC. At least this year, there wont be any MT suspensions heading into this one. Over the last two games, Earle have outscored the opponents, 112-6, and they are hitting their stride. **For added inspiration, we might bring the 2017 State Basketball Championship Trophy**

bdubyab60

MT just got smacked in the face let's see if they respond

bdubyab60

Bad haze over the field from a field burnoff

bdubyab60

To many mistakes from MT to stay in this one. Doesn't help that Earle is good too

Greyhound#1

Salem had five starters out for the rector game.   At this point I'm  glad we came out with a W.  Hopefully we get everyone back for Cross county next week.

Pit Bull

I expected Marked Tree to be better, maybe those guys celebrated too long after the EPC win???

Mr. Trill

Well now it is for certain who the conference champs will be again.

Pit Bull

Well unfortunately for the Tree it was chess and not checkers. Our D-Line checkmated your run game early in which forced you to the air where it was Pic-City or batted down and it was all downhill from there. Say as you may because we will never know but even if we played this game again 2 weeks from now, the outcome would be the same or worst, good defense will make you make mistakes and that's just how it goes... What MT needs to do is work on sportsmanship and stoping their players from using the N-Bomb on the field of wherever else because that was totally unacceptable and that type of negativity only makes the Bulldogs play harder. Good luck the rest of the way...

Pit Bull

Dogg

Earle knocked MT out in the first quarter and they never regained consciousness

bdubyab60

At one point MT was down 22-6 and probably had more offensive yards than Earle. But special teams and defense are another part of the game and MTs was horrible last night.

My takeaways. Number 58 from Earle was the best player on the field last night. MT had to double and triple team him all night and didn't do a very good Jobe of it. Kid is an absolute beast and showed his speed on the scoop and score.

Bohannon and the AIR raid was underwhelming. Some dropped passes but they never really tried to stretch the field. Mostly 5-10 yard stop and crossing routes ran. He has to make better decisions, probably should have been picked off a couple times throwing late after he scrambled. He has the tools I wanted to see them and expected more. The talent is there just was expecting it to be unleashed more than what I saw.

Earle will win this conference as I thought they would. They have semifinal potential.

Marked Tree has a good chance to finish second if they can rebound from this. They are better than 61-6 but crap happens.

The rest
Salem
Cross County
EPC
Rector
Midland

That's how I see the finish

playmaker04

Quote from: Greyhound#1 on September 29, 2017, 10:32:14 pm
Salem had five starters out for the rector game.   At this point I'm  glad we came out with a W.  Hopefully we get everyone back for Cross county next week.
we're beat up too. Our top 2 backs are hurt. Not sure if either will be able to play against Salem

mtindian42

Quote from: Legitimate contender on September 30, 2017, 12:25:47 am
Pit bull, I'm no MT Indian lol. I just started going to their home games this season. Yeah if you beat them by 60 almost, I don't see any reason you couldn't beat them in 2 weeks. MT is clearly no match for Earle, I Stand corrected. I want speak on the n word part of your post, I wasn't their so i want comment. Good luck to you all as well.

playmaker04

September 30, 2017, 10:37:49 am #14 Last Edit: September 30, 2017, 10:40:06 am by playmaker04
Conference champ gets a first round bye this year. 2 and 3 seeds get first round home games. 2 seed  will most likely travel to mt ida for second round.. that's rough. 3rd seed most likely travel to Rison second round

mtindian42

Quote from: Legitimate contender on September 30, 2017, 12:25:47 am
Pity bull, I'm no MT Indian lol. I just started going to their home games this season. Yeah if you beat them by 60 almost, I don't see any reason you couldn't beat them in 2 weeks. MT is clearly no match for Earle, I Stand corrected. I want speak on the n word part of your post, I wasn't their so i want comment. Good luck to you all as well.
its all good my good man...

mtindian42

Quote from: Pit Bull on September 29, 2017, 11:50:30 pm
Well unfortunately for the Tree it was chess and not checkers. Our D-Line checkmated your run game early in which forced you to the air where it was Pic-City or batted down and it was all downhill from there. Say as you may because we will never know but even if we played this game again 2 weeks from now, the outcome would be the same or worst, good defense will make you make mistakes and that's just how it goes... What MT needs to do is work on sportsmanship and stoping their players from using the N-Bomb on the field of wherever else because that was totally unacceptable and that type of negativity only makes the Bulldogs play harder. Good luck the rest of the way...
hold up waite a minet let me put my 2 cents in it. you won the game man no need to bring this on here. besides I'm sure earle was angels and did nothing wrong lol or at least your rose colored glasses did not allow you to see it 1. 61-6 says your better then MT let that be it. congrats and good luck going forward. Now go win it all for the 3.

mtindian42

Quote from: Dogg on September 30, 2017, 06:19:18 am
Earle knocked MT out in the first quarter and they never regained consciousness
now if only yall can knock someone out in little rock. its win it all or BUST earle.

mtindian42

Quote from: Legitimate contender on September 29, 2017, 11:29:09 pm
Marked Tree has to learn to strap up every week, Can't play a good team and leave your max effort at home. Big Emotional win over your rival can drain you sometimes. Indians had what we use to call in southern Mississippi. "cotton mouth" meaning you may have beat your rival.But,It drained you in the process. A woodshed beat down is usually the result the next week. Cotton mouth is over MT, Earle give you that water. Now Drink and move on.
exatly LC spot on.

mtindian42

Quote from: Pit Bull on September 29, 2017, 10:32:50 pm
I expected Marked Tree to be better, maybe those guys celebrated too long after the EPC win???
earle has beat a lot of teams at home like that. cross county was loaded a few years back and got destroyed at earle. hard to beat Earmarwesmem in earle.

Dogg

That doesn't apply to MT, we beat the Indians at their house like we do at ours

mtindian42

as a talented area as that is yall have to pull from. you should beat everyone you play like that. just saying.

Dogg

Quote from: mtindian42 on September 30, 2017, 11:23:44 am
as a talented area as that is yall have to pull from. you should beat everyone you play like that. just saying.
4 game series 2014-2017
Earle 198
MT 28

mtindian42

Quote from: Legitimate contender on September 30, 2017, 02:05:25 pm
Wow, That's very one sided. Looking at that tells me there is way more talent at one school and not so much at the other. Bout like when it comes to education MT ranked 27th and Earle unranked, Some schools or just better then others at certain things.
Nice...

Pit Bull

September 30, 2017, 03:23:20 pm #24 Last Edit: September 30, 2017, 03:25:37 pm by Pit Bull
Well since you guys are in the National News right now I don't think this is a great time to brag on your 26 ranking in academics especially since the investigation has yet to uncover all the offered incentives Unlegit Cornball... And from your history you guys are really really good at destroying kids lives.... get out of here...

mtindian42

Quote from: Pit Bull on September 30, 2017, 03:23:20 pm
Well since you guys are in the National News right now I don't think this is a great time to brag on your 26 ranking in academics especially since the investigation has yet to uncover all the offered incentives Unlegit Cornball... And from your history you guys are really really good at destroying kids lives.... get out of here...
he that is perfect cast the first stone. lol MT 27TH earle unranked. now you... GET OUT OF HERE...

Pit Bull

I really don't believe Unlegit Cornball is aware of everything going on in his community and he probably should leave this thing alone...

Dogg

If an apple a day keeps the doctor away I wonder if it will do the same for a teacher

Pit Bull

I'm out, fixed that problem you guys got Tree... Game is over, there is really nothing else to talk about with sore losers...

Pit Bull

Bro, first of all this is fearlessfriday where we talk about sports but since you're especially upset about 61-6 you're turning this into an academic discussion comparing schools and I'm assuming that this is giving you a form of moral victory and our children only had $759,000 in scholarships I'm sure that MT is better but since you're from Turrel that doesn't even have a school because of fiscal and academic distress and total community dysfunction I really do think that you're an expert here and one to talk! Get out of here! Notice that real MT Indians took their thrashing and didn't trash talk much but you are just MADD 😡 and won't just let it go! Try using that old rocket 🚀 in front of the old Turrel High School to go to space and get the out of here....

Pit Bull

You're not stating facts about graduation rates doubling Earle because that is a factless lie that you have pulled from the air for the sack of this conversation and I'm trying not to embarrass you about you bragging on a school district with a long history of pedophile teachers and you're actually trying to convince me that Marked Tree is this great academic center of excellence! Dude just shut up. Earle has great students that are very well behaved and our teachers don't sleep with our students. Now I'll leave you with this, be very careful about talking about taking kids behind the woodshed in baseball because you might get indicted. Now get the out of here! 🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀

Pit Bull

And I just realized that I am wasting my time speaking with a High Functioning Retard. Bottom line you lied! You said that Marked Tree graduation rates doubled Earle's, you didn't mis-state, you flat out lied, phony I don't know which community to claim, whatever your beef is with Earle bring it, we don't run from none of y'all so dig that! Now you had the audacity to talk about my comprehension when you're mis-stating facts and stats, you're the worst type of person, scum to the earth that will lie on children. You lie, now be a man for once in your miserable life and admit it. Get the out of here! 🚀🚀🚀🚀🚀

Pit Bull

You lied about graduation rates on record and you won't admit it! Bye Scum...

mtindian42

ah...I believe he did correct his mistake. he plainly said he got graduation rates and test scores mixed up. that's called being a human.lieing would of been if he didn't correct his mistake out of pride.

Pit Bull

He only made the correction after I called him on it! He's scum and you are too for trying to defend him!

mtindian42

its called double checking at least he fixed it.a dishonest man is not going to admit fault. not only did he admit he was wrong he fixed his mistake.

Pit Bull

September 30, 2017, 05:57:21 pm #36 Last Edit: September 30, 2017, 07:43:00 pm by Pit Bull
lie
[lahy]
noun
a false statement made with deliberate intent to deceive; an intentional untruth; a falsehood.
synonyms: prevarication, falsification.
antonyms: truth.
something intended or serving to convey a false impression; imposture:

Even his statement about MT test scores is not double in comparison to Earle's so let's just all admit that he's a liar and you are currently a fool for trying to defend him in this... Get over the thumping and I was pulling for you guys to get second place but right now I hope that Salem mopp the floor with y'all corrupt school district. As a parent I'm very surprised that the community is still in support of this school district...

mtindian42

pitt you cant be unranked and exspect to be on the same level with the number 27th ranked school. come on now. 84 to 78 is not a huge gap. somewhere MT had to separate itself from earle. test scores makes perfect sense.

Pit Bull

6 points to not worry about a history and culture of pedophiles, sorry mtindian42 but Earle is a much better environment for children. Also it can't be private when it's on WREG Channel 3 News... Wow. Can't believe I've just wasted a beautiful evening with this....

mtindian42

how you going to call us scum and then make a comment like that pitt? not saying your scum cause I know better. but that comment was strait scum bro.

Pit Bull

Bro, just stop like 2 hours ago! Peace...

mtindian42

yall go win it all. its bout time the 3 brings one home. you got the best player in the state on your side. cash it in at little rock. later

Mr. Trill

Before the razorbacks season started I said that "this better be there chance". I said the same for Earle.... so I hope it so!!! It better be. Can't wait to attend and tailgate my 1st Bulldog game at Homecoming this season.

mtindian42

yall got to cash this in with a championchip...no excuses why yall should not atleast play for one.

birddawg1986

Earle looked like a 4A-5A school coming out that tunnel. Very good team every year. I heard several of my friends from Earle make the statement when it gets crutch time in the playoffs that Coleman doesn't know what buttons to push. Unlike Murray in hoops he knows how to get the horses rolling once postseason play starts.

Dogg

In previous seasons Earle had basketball players on the football team. This group only has one and that's Bohannon. That ball would start bouncing and off to the gym they go.

Butch_Cassidy

Quote from: birddawg1986 on October 01, 2017, 01:25:04 pm
Earle looked like a 4A-5A school coming out that tunnel. Very good team every year. I heard several of my friends from Earle make the statement when it gets crutch time in the playoffs that Coleman doesn't know what buttons to push. Unlike Murray in hoops he knows how to get the horses rolling once postseason play starts.

Seriously Doubt if Coleman doesnt know which buttons to push... and if you really have friends in Earle how many of them come out and watch practice to even know whats going on!!!... You keep and your friends keep watching from behind the fences while the coaches staff and players keep doing what they are doing

birddawg1986

Oh yeah buddy my sources are reliable. I don't see any state titles hanging in the gym for football like Murray puts them up.

Dogg

Coleman led Earle to state semi finals in 3A and 2A back to back years. He's done an excellent job. Last year was the first year he had a complete staff to help him. Your sources are unreliable.  Those are arm chair quarterbacks that don't have a clue of what's going on. Murray is a recipient of a tremendous amount of talent year in and year out. You have absolutely no idea the contributions that Coleman makes in the lives of those student athletes. When a man spends his own money, makes room for kids when they are put out of their own house or has no where to go. He and his wife buy clothes and shoes for kids who's parents won't or are just not able. He pays for the pregame meal out of his pocket and you're taking about pushing buttons. Your sources are not reliable slick. I see Coleman on it everyday. Your sources have not done one thing to help the program except to criticize the man that's has brought integrity, stability and pride to the program. Thr last time Earle played for a title was in 1984. So from 84 until now 3 semi final appearance and 2 of those were a result of Coleman. Coach is doing an excellent job!!

Pit Bull

Coleman knows what to do, he's been building this real football team since junior high, I say real because this group could care less about basketball other than being fans. I feel very confident in our head coach's ability to handle the road to War Memorial at this point and when that time comes  because if we want to get technical about it not many teams in NEA have had the playoff success to match his percentage wise, also unless who ever you believe is a better football coach in NEA that has actually won a State Championship that we can reference in this case then it's would be like comparing apples to oranges here since not many football championships have travel back down I-40 East to this area...

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas