• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Carlisle

Started by Sonofasonofasailor, September 03, 2017, 06:53:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Risonwildcat212

Sad days for a historic program. Keep the faith Bison fans. Hopefully good times will come back in the future.

Wonderdog

Quote from: big E on October 11, 2017, 11:43:04 am
Nah they'll probably beat us by 10 or so.
That's just a big spread. Carlisle must have fallen on hard times and PW must really be improving. I have not bee able to see any delta teams play in quite a while unless its in the playoffs.

big E

Anybody that has any since takes Hootens with a grain of salt. PW has the advantage in speed. But the kicker to this is we have never beaten Carlisle in a Sr. Football game. NEVER so why would those kids from Carlisle think that PW will not just pee down there legs like they have always done. On paper we have the advantage in numbers and speed. But games are not played on paper it's played on that 100 by 50 piece of dirt . So my feelings are that we can win this game, now whether it happens is up to the football gods.

Wonderdog

Quote from: big E on October 11, 2017, 06:34:38 pm
Anybody that has any since takes Hootens with a grain of salt. PW has the advantage in speed. But the kicker to this is we have never beaten Carlisle in a Sr. Football game. NEVER so why would those kids from Carlisle think that PW will not just pee down there legs like they have always done. On paper we have the advantage in numbers and speed. But games are not played on paper it's played on that 100 by 50 piece of dirt . So my feelings are that we can win this game, now whether it happens is up to the football gods.
I agree in reference to Hootens, which is exactly why I asked in this thread if that was a sensible pick or nonsense. I hope PW wins. I have a friend that works there, so I often root for the patriots from afar.

big E

We appreciate all the support we can get. We are not a football powerhouse. But we have a decent team this year .

BisonFan1

Quote from: big E on October 11, 2017, 06:34:38 pm

I'm definitely not writing this down as a win.  P/W is not bad.  Like Big E said, they have depth and some pretty good athletes/speed, which has been Carlisle's Achilles heel all season.  If the Bison that played DA show up, I like our chances.  If the Bison from the Hazen game show up, well it may get ugly. 

Goose0

Can the PW D-Line stand defending power football for 4qt. and still be able to block offensively or do O-Line and D-Line only play one way?

big E

3 of them go 1 way the other 2 get subbed for as needed. The other question is can Carlilse line chase the spread for 4 quarters and still be able to block?

Goose0

Seeing film on both Carlisle and PW i would say Carlisle will be wore out before PW come 4qt, being able to catch wilson and jordan will be a chore.

big E

Quote from: Goose0 on October 12, 2017, 04:57:13 pm
Seeing film on both Carlisle and PW i would say Carlisle will be wore out before PW come 4qt, being able to catch wilson and jordan will be a chore.
Tony Bonds will be a big factor on both sides of the ball.

Goose0

If he gets the ball in his hands yes he will be tough to bring down.  Could we see a new QB this week at PW or a to be continued?

eagle1

Saw someone mention 4 wins per year were not acceptable. That is absolutely not acceptable at Carlisle. There will be cyclical years but on average anything less than 7 wins a year should be closely examined. With that said this team is very young and depth is lacking but they gave Des Arc all they wanted  a few weeks ago. Just need to figure out how to play like that every week.

big E

Well Swinney broke his foot against McCrory on a 15 yard scamper so it's Milton.

BisonFan1

Quote from: eagle1 on October 13, 2017, 01:21:50 pm
Saw someone mention 4 wins per year were not acceptable. That is absolutely not acceptable at Carlisle. There will be cyclical years but on average anything less than 7 wins a year should be closely examined. With that said this team is very young and depth is lacking but they gave Des Arc all they wanted  a few weeks ago. Just need to figure out how to play like that every week.

I think Uhiren knows that better than anyone, since he, himself, played for the Bison.  Overall, I think it goes without saying that 2A schools are much more impacted by lack of talent than bigger schools.  Carlisle has a couple of "decent" athletes, but nobody that just stands out from the rest.  So far, they have lost to two 4A teams and (IMO) two top 10 2A teams and beat a team they were supposed to (Marvell 42-0).  I think it's just the margin of defeat has made all of those losses look worse, even though Carlisle was picked to lose in all of them.  Let's see how they do tonight against P/W, as that will tell a lot. 

HoopKing

PW with their first ever senior high win over Carlisle.

big E

It wasn't pretty nothing seems to be with this bunch but they kept their heads and put some good plays together. Good win guys.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas