• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Girls preseason top 10

Started by Moonshiner, August 19, 2017, 09:07:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Moonshiner

August 19, 2017, 09:07:19 pm Last Edit: August 20, 2017, 10:08:19 am by Moonshiner
Same as the guys.  List em how you see them starting the season.
Her are mine

1. Wonderview
2. Norfork
3. Bay
4. Jasper
5. Kingston
6. Mammoth Spring
7. Omaha
8. Alpena
9. Rooster Poot
10. Donkey Dung

hillbillyball

1.  Wonderview
2.  Norfork
3.  Mount Vernon/Enola
4.  Acorn
5.  Kirby
6.  Jasper
7.  Kingston
8.  Alpena
9.  Omaha
10. County Line

Eagles

1. norfork
2. wonderview
3. mve
4. acorn
5. jasper
6. omaha
7. kirby
8. kingston
9. alpena
10. mammoth springs

no mascot

Jasper Kingston Omaha alpena all coming out of the same conference and making a lot of your lists.

Moonshiner

Quote from: no mascot on August 20, 2017, 09:25:08 am
Jasper Kingston Omaha alpena all coming out of the same conference and making a lot of your lists.

I only made the list for fun and in no way is mine accurate. I'm familiar with that area so I just threw some teams in there.  You obviously are ok with Rooster Poot and Sack Attack High School?

PapaHog

Rooster Poot and Donkey Dung both look to be very strong this year. 😂

Moonshiner

Quote from: PapaHog on August 20, 2017, 10:41:18 am
Rooster Poot and Donkey Dung both look to be very strong this year. 😂

Better watch your step around Rooster Poot.

no mascot

Hillbilly and eagle both agreed w you.

Rooster is overrated but SAHS brings straight fire on the hardwood.

I've seen a few donkey ball teams over the years that were pretty feisty.

ballmember

Wonderview
MVE
Acorn
Concord
Norfork
Kirby
Mammoth Springs
Jasper
Rural Special
Bay

Oldref

Quote from: ballmember on August 20, 2017, 01:12:01 pm
Wonderview
MVE
Acorn
Concord
Norfork
Kirby
Mammoth Springs
Jasper
Rural Special
Bay

All of these are good teams and I think Omaha could be included in teams that have a chance also. Going to be another year like last year in my opinion and whoever gets hot at the end can win. I still think MVE has the most talent of anyone I saw last year and I think almost all of them are coming back. You could probably throw all of these teams in the hat and no telling who comes out on top. Norfork, Bay, Mammoth and Maynard are all in the same region so that is going to be another tough region this year. Bay finished third in that region last year and then won the state. Going to be another fun year. Twenty teams will make the state and probably a dozen have a decent shot at winning!! Unbelievable experience for whoever is lucky enough to win! Good luck everyone!!

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: ballmember on August 20, 2017, 01:12:01 pm
Wonderview
MVE
Acorn
Concord
Norfork
Kirby
Mammoth Springs
Jasper
Rural Special

Yes I was really surprised no one said Rural Special until you did
Bay

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Oldref on August 20, 2017, 05:03:10 pm
All of these are good teams and I think Omaha could be included in teams that have a chance also. Going to be another year like last year in my opinion and whoever gets hot at the end can win. I still think MVE has the most talent of anyone I saw last year and I think almost all of them are coming back. You could probably throw all of these teams in the hat and no telling who comes out on top. Norfork, Bay, Mammoth and Maynard are all in the same region so that is going to be another tough region this year. Bay finished third in that region last year and then won the state. Going to be another fun year. Twenty teams will make the state and probably a dozen have a decent shot at winning!! Unbelievable experience for whoever is lucky enough to win! Good luck everyone!!

I think MVE adds the another Raby, I think.....but I disagree on most talented team. I might have watched their two worst games of the year though

Oldref

Quote from: HorseFeathers on August 20, 2017, 08:39:32 pm
I think MVE adds the another Raby, I think.....but I disagree on most talented team. I might have watched their two worst games of the year though

Maybe I just saw their two best games LOL! Anyway they really impressed me with their overall size and outside shooting. Beating them was the toughest game Bay won at state.

SackAttack

Quote from: Moonshiner on August 20, 2017, 10:06:22 am

I only made the list for fun and in no way is mine accurate. I'm familiar with that area so I just threw some teams in there.  You obviously are ok with Rooster Poot and Sack Attack High School?
I for one am certainly ok with the Roosters and Sackers being included! haters gonna hate and only motivates the highly motivated for epic victories and ultimate championships of which none of you other posters know of which I speak but wish yall did on any given Sunday. Wait thats football my bad

Majorpain

Wonderview
Norfork
MVE
Jasper
Mammoth Springs
Bay
Kirby
County Line
Alpena
Omaha
I can't wait to watch all them!

LaFlamaBlanca55

Mammoth Spring has the best coach in the around, and are gonna fly below the radar and then they will roll their way into the state playoffs and do serious damage!

no mascot

Majorpain

I agree that Mammoth will be in the running this year they have four really good athletes and then picked up Layne . People don't realize Mammoth will definitely be in the running .

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Majorpain on August 24, 2017, 05:57:58 pm
I agree that Mammoth will be in the running this year they have four really good athletes and then picked up Layne . People don't realize Mammoth will definitely be in the running .

Sounds like region 2 is gonna be the toughest region by far this year....

Hef

Did Mammoth get any other transfers beside Layne? Looking at their schedule from last season they got absolutely wore out by good teams and lost to quite a few pretty average teams....

Majorpain

August 24, 2017, 10:43:46 pm #20 Last Edit: August 24, 2017, 10:51:27 pm by Majorpain
Not to my knowledge other than Layne . Mammoth had really good 9 th graders that whole group from 9 th to 11 th were split up. They will be a lot better than last year since they are back together. I'm not saying by any means Region two will be the toughest because I haven't seen any teams yet but I know from when that group was in junior ball together they will stand out this year. They would've made a run this year without Layne transferring. That just added fuel to that fire. What most people saw schedule wise last year can't even compare to this year it was a totally different team. The seniors probably won't play much on this team

LaFlamaBlanca55

Yeah It is nice when the state MVP shows up on your team thats already pretty good, nice job by coach and the staff to make that happen! game changer, bears all the way 

Real deal

Last year:  Wonderview, MVE, Nemo, Norfork and Bay were the best teams.  All really good, Bay kind of got lost in the shuffle in the best talk because they lost 9 games and lost to ICC in the regional semis.  They are also getting lost in the shuffle again early this year.  They lost higgins and of course they lost Layne but they still have 5 girls who played and contributed big time in the state championship game last year and they are as well coached as anyone.  They will be in the hunt.  In my opinion, its Wonderview, Norfork, MVE, Bay and everyone else at this point.  Mammoth is very talented and young.  They have 7 players and no seniors, all 7 can play so the good news is they have this year and next to make runs.  Good luck to all teams.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: LaFlamaBlanca55 on August 25, 2017, 08:07:16 am
Yeah It is nice when the state MVP shows up on your team thats already pretty good, nice job by coach and the staff to make that happen! game changer, bears all the way 

Believe her dad was hired as superintendent of the schook

Moonshiner

Mammoth will be much improved. Bay is the reigning state champs.  Norfork made the semis last year after being ranked #1 most of the year.  I.C.C. will be down, but yes, region 2 will be tough again.  Not sure that it's the toughest overall though

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Moonshiner on August 25, 2017, 11:53:57 am
Mammoth will be much improved. Bay is the reigning state champs.  Norfork made the semis last year after being ranked #1 most of the year.  I.C.C. will be down, but yes, region 2 will be tough again.  Not sure that it's the toughest overall though

Region 3 will have Wonderview and MVE....Region 4 Kirby and acorn?...Region 1...Jasper and Maybe Kingston?

ballmember

Will be interesting to see how Concord girls do as well as Rural Special girls.   both have new coaches and some talent. 

Majorpain

Well Concord didn't look good over summer they would have to improve drastically to be in the running with the above teams mentioned.

BasketballNeverStops

Quote from: ballmember on August 25, 2017, 02:15:15 pm
Will be interesting to see how Concord girls do as well as Rural Special girls.   both have new coaches and some talent.
Cornett will be coaching Sr. Girls this year.

SackAttack

Quote from: Majorpain on August 25, 2017, 02:23:20 pm
Well Concord didn't look good over summer they would have to improve drastically to be in the running with the above teams mentioned.
What camps did you see them at?? Just curious

Majorpain

August 25, 2017, 03:29:09 pm #30 Last Edit: August 25, 2017, 03:52:37 pm by Majorpain
Rosebud June 5 th 2017 . I'm not saying Concord won't be a solid team I'm just saying they didn't looks as good as some of the other teams people have as top ten. I hope hey do improve it'll make the basketball season more interesting.

NWA Hawg

SackAttack

Quote from: Majorpain on August 25, 2017, 03:29:09 pm
Rosebud June 5 th 2017 . I'm not saying Concord won't be a solid team I'm just saying they didn't looks as good as some of the other teams people have as top ten. I hope hey do improve it'll make the basketball season more interesting.
that must have been when Scrotcher was still coaching them. Corncob I think thats what they call him in the chair now so throw all that out

HorseFeathers

Quote from: SackAttack on August 25, 2017, 05:52:55 pm
that must have been when Scrotcher was still coaching them. Corncob I think thats what they call him in the chair now so throw all that out

Stallball coming to a girls game near you?

SackAttack

Quote from: HorseFeathers on August 25, 2017, 06:15:56 pm
Stallball coming to a girls game near you?
Quick answer to that is have a smoke during the girls game, visit with the locals, visit the trophy case, flirt with the concession stand ladies etc etc. Works every time for Sack! 100% success rate and the other half of the time I just sit and holler at the refs.

Majorpain

Stallball....well that's boring 🙄oh well I look forward to seeing the improvement from summer for these teams . I looked over the schedules and some of the best games are all on the same nights for different teams. I really want to catch mve and Wonderview and Nemo. Looks like I'm going to have to choose because Norfork and Mammoth will be conflicting. I will be at the Calico game watching Concord . The countdown has started!  Can't wait. All the teams are dedicated I'm sure. I did hear Norfork was going to the Mountain Home tourney in December so we will see how they do playing up to 6 A.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Majorpain on August 26, 2017, 10:24:28 am
Stallball....well that's boring 🙄oh well I look forward to seeing the improvement from summer for these teams . I looked over the schedules and some of the best games are all on the same nights for different teams. I really want to catch mve and Wonderview and Nemo. Looks like I'm going to have to choose because Norfork and Mammoth will be conflicting. I will be at the Calico game watching Concord . The countdown has started!  Can't wait. All the teams are dedicated I'm sure. I did hear Norfork was going to the Mountain Home tourney in December so we will see how they do playing up to 6 A.

I'd go norfork/mammoth I think....I don't expect Nemo to be close to even last year...

Eagle_Mom_2

August 28, 2017, 09:43:20 pm #37 Last Edit: August 28, 2017, 09:52:42 pm by Eagle_Mom_2
Quote from: SackAttack on August 25, 2017, 06:52:41 pm
Quick answer to that is have a smoke during the girls game, visit with the locals, visit the trophy case, flirt with the concession stand ladies etc etc. Works every time for Sack! 100% success rate and the other half of the time I just sit and holler at the refs.

For sure come flirt with the concession stand girls at West Side. I'll be there singing the fight song a serving warm dogs on a bun slathered in chili ooo lalala...
Here's some issues I have with some of these folks pickins though...
Moonshiner picks 4 teams out of a conference most people didn't even know still played basketball...and leaves out a team who won about 30 games and was a semi-finalist and returns a huge chunk of their core in Mt Vernon.
Anyways, I hate to spoil a good time so carry on.
Just letting you know and you heard it here first...watch out for the West Side Lady Eagles...might jist be a top 6-8 team by the time district gets here ladies and gents.

Moonshiner

August 28, 2017, 10:22:50 pm #38 Last Edit: August 28, 2017, 10:30:26 pm by Moonshiner
Quote from: Eagle_Mom_2 on August 28, 2017, 09:43:20 pm
For sure come flirt with the concession stand girls at West Side. I'll be there singing the fight song a serving warm dogs on a bun slathered in chili ooo lalala...
Moonshiner picks 4 teams out of a conference most people didn't even know still played basketball...and leaves out a team who won about 30 games and was a semi-finalist and returns a huge chunk of their core in Mt Vernon.
Just letting you know and you heard it here first...watch out for the West Side Lady Eagles...might jist be a top 6-8 team by the time district gets here ladies and gents.

So make a list of your own. Would love to see it.  And the reason I left MVE off is I'm pretty sure Norfork drilled them twice this summer. Might be wrong though

Mr. Pappagiorgio

Quote from: Eagle_Mom_2 on August 28, 2017, 09:43:20 pm

Why wait till district, they gonna be best team in the conference at the beginning, the middle, and the end! Eagles are gonna take flight.

Majorpain

Who are the eagles y'all are talking about ? Greers Ferry?

ballmember

EagleMom  ,  will need to be a lot of improvement for girls to be a top 6 to 8 team.   i know they have some talent.   but knowhow is lacking on the sideline unless they have made a change.   

SackAttack

Quote from: Moonshiner on August 28, 2017, 10:22:50 pm
So make a list of your own. Would love to see it.  And the reason I left MVE off is I'm pretty sure Norfork drilled them twice this summer. Might be wrong though
Do y'all want me to chime in here and tell ya what most people would agree with but some won't!! I will if y'all want me to.

Bigleague

Moonshiner

BasketballNeverStops

SackAttack

Quote from: Bigleague on August 29, 2017, 08:53:54 pm
Yes   Please
Thank you there for the invite big leaguer !! Summer basketball is a waste of time kids would be better off hauling hay and building fence. But Im sure those were epic victories that only parents and this younger generation of coaches count as important. i think them boys at Rosebud went something like 33-4 at camp this summer and Im sure the trophy is in the mail somewhere or maybe it got lost nd they sent out the Rambling search party for it along with clues which a lot of people on here need but I aint one of em! Summer camp games mean absolutely zilch nada and is as worthless as a 3 point record when February and March roll around. Whew Im glad I got that off my chest! Now I feel better and need a smoke!!

Majorpain

Thank you so much I am sure we all feel better after hear SA wise thoughts once again :)

Moonshiner

Quote from: Majorpain on August 30, 2017, 08:56:14 am
Thank you so much I am sure we all feel better after hear SA wise thoughts once again :)

Kinda like "Deep Thoughts, by Jack Handy"

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: SackAttack on August 29, 2017, 11:31:35 pm
Thank you there for the invite big leaguer !! Summer basketball is a waste of time kids would be better off hauling hay and building fence. But Im sure those were epic victories that only parents and this younger generation of coaches count as important. i think them boys at Rosebud went something like 33-4 at camp this summer and Im sure the trophy is in the mail somewhere or maybe it got lost nd they sent out the Rambling search party for it along with clues which a lot of people on here need but I aint one of em! Summer camp games mean absolutely zilch nada and is as worthless as a 3 point record when February and March roll around. Whew Im glad I got that off my chest! Now I feel better and need a smoke!!
i for one usually do agree with Sack but here I disagree, summer camps are huge part of team chemistry.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas