• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

3-2A predictions

Started by playmaker04, August 01, 2017, 11:28:55 am

Previous topic - Next topic

playmaker04

Can anyone run the table in this conference? Who wins conference?

Proud Buckaroo

Proud Buckaroo

1. Earle.
2. Cross county.
3. EPC.
4. Marked Tree.
5. Salem.

Greyhound#1

No way salem finishes 5th

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Greyhound#1 on August 01, 2017, 09:07:57 pm
No way salem finishes 5th

You know what... you're probably right. But that is my preseason rankings. I could see them possibly a 3rd seed. 

Lumberjackfan1978

Bstep9

I would be shocked if cross county finishes 2nd. They have a stout offensive line but that means nothing if you don't run the ball down hill. They lack the speed in the backfield to run the offense the coach has them running. Could be a very upsetting season for my birds.

Legendhogan51

Cross country lack of speed lol kk boykin Dakota moore and a big man to knock off your head all over 1000 yards rushing but bakota Who I believe had over 600 in week 6 before he get hurt it will come down against cross country and Earle and Earle come to Cross County it will be a Close one but I think CC Will pull it off my  pics for the conference is cross country Earle Salem EPC marked tree

Butch_Cassidy

Cross County will not beat Earle this year... . Last year bohanon had a high ankle sprain and barely could play QB... and Bohanon didnt play any defense... This year I pick Earle by 3+ Scores

Legendhogan51

Excuses excuses what about the year before that he can't be the only quarterback you Count on Earle will not beat CC by 3 touchdowns I'm not saying y'all won't beat us but it's not going to be that bad if y'all do it might be by 2 touchdowns but I don't see that happening Earle Plays at the birdhouse you remember the last time y'all were there 38 to 14 but go ahead say we're not good enough it makes it more fun Beating yell

Mr. Trill

I predict Earle undefeated in Conference and Non Conference

Bstep9

If cc makes it to the Earle game and we're still in the conversation I will be pleased. Cc will be stout on the defensive side of the ball, but at the end of the day your only as good as what your coach pushes you to be. And we hired a basketball coach. Not much else to say.

Legendhogan51

Short on the defense side of the ball ??  We got everybody back from last year but like three And we did not get a basketball coach he was a football coach to  not counting the two new coaches on the offense and defense side of the Ball one coach came from a college and Earle will not beat mountain view they're not going to  undefeated in non conference but getting back on how are we short on defense kk boykin All state all conference Trevor vanhouten all conference  A defense of line all over 250 pounds and A backfield that had 26 interceptions last year thank what you want

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Legendhogan51 on August 03, 2017, 01:21:35 am
Short on the defense side of the ball ??  We got everybody back from last year but like three And we did not get a basketball coach he was a football coach to  not counting the two new coaches on the offense and defense side of the Ball one coach came from a college and Earle will not beat mountain view they're not going to  undefeated in non conference but getting back on how are we short on defense kk boykin All state all conference Trevor vanhouten all conference  A defense of line all over 250 pounds and A backfield that had 26 interceptions last year thank what you want

I know you didn't just say Earle won't beat Mountain View..... 😂😂😂

Dogg

CC trying to run the single wing with No Speed is a disaster waiting to happen.

Bigditchlion

From what I saw last year when Earle traveled to the lions den, their line is huge and they have bohannon to either burn you with his arm or legs. Earle is my early prediction to win the entire 2a not just the 3.

Bstep9

I said stout! Do you know what that means? Look it it up. And do your homework. Tommy was the head basketball coach at palestine-Wheatley. He took over the football team half way through the season. So yea, he was a basketball coach. I like your passion, that's great, but do some research before you start spouting off false stats. and we don't have any real speed. You will see. The wing t will point that out. Imo, cross county will have the best offensive line every time they step on the field. But it won't matter because the wing t isn't designed for a strong line. It's designed to create offense because of a lack of offensive line. It absolutely blows my mind!

Butch_Cassidy

Circle it on your Calendars.... earle goes to the bird cage and leaves no doubt about who wins conference... I just dont see a close game.  BOHANON is a grown man and he has help with those long receivers and 3 good running backs....And the dogs will beat mountain view

Pit Bull

Quote from: Dogg on August 03, 2017, 05:16:24 am
CC trying to run the single wing with No Speed is a disaster waiting to happen.

Single Wing?

bdubyab60

1 Earle- Bohannon puts it together this year and brings home the outright crown
2. CC- Coaching change is always hard. Let's see how everyone buys in. Some big shoes to fill as well.
3. Salem- Got a good coach and system. Wouldn't be surprised to see them at 2.
4. EPC- Graduated do all QB/LB. will be small from what I remember. We will see how it goes
5. MT- HAd a coach that was possibly starting something and then falls back to old ways.

Rector and Midland battle for 6

Dogg

Quote from: Bstep9 on August 03, 2017, 07:35:14 am
I said stout! Do you know what that means? Look it it up. And do your homework. Tommy was the head basketball coach at palestine-Wheatley. He took over the football team half way through the season. So yea, he was a basketball coach. I like your passion, that's great, but do some research before you start spouting off false stats. and we don't have any real speed. You will see. The wing t will point that out. Imo, cross county will have the best offensive line every time they step on the field. But it won't matter because the wing t isn't designed for a strong line. It's designed to create offense because of a lack of offensive line. It absolutely blows my mind!
CC does not have speed. It's not even open for debate. Earle has a soph. lineman that's 6-2 285lbs that anchored the jr. High 4x100 relay. He's faster than any skill player CC has and will be the most dominant offensive and defensive lineman every time he touches the field.

Bstep9

Quote from: Dogg on August 03, 2017, 05:52:30 pm
CC does not have speed. It's not even open for debate. Earle has a soph. lineman that's 6-2 285lbs that anchored the jr. High 4x100 relay. He's faster than any skill player CC has and will be the most dominant offensive and defensive lineman every time he touches the field.
Not going to argue about the speed. We will be slow. But we do have size. We have two guys at 6'2 or better and over 300 pounds. I don't believe cc will be in the conversation when it's all said and done. Although we will be fielding a very strong and tough team. If the coach lines up and goes through the a and b gaps we will be hard to stop by the 4 th quarter, but from what I'm hearing we are going to try and run around the competition. We both know how that will go.

Mr. Trill

This year will finally be the year Earle makes it to WMS. It's been 354years but finally!!!

Legendhogan51

Yes I did say Earle will not beat mountain view what was it last year 38 to 8 and yes he will a basketball coach but he still helped on football he knows what he's doing  Plus the two new coaches on offense and defense but you no what  even if we don't have the speed too run that offense even though all them teams at teams camps will disagree defense wins games and yes Earle is really good but they're doing the same thing cross county did with anfernee davis you can't rely on one quarterback  what if he goes down And let me say i'm not saying I hope he does he's a really good QB  and I hope the best for him but him playing offense and defense something could happen

birddawg1986

Earle then everyone else for the 2-5 spots. If Williams or Greenwell were still at CC I would give them a shot at Earle, but running the single wing with those big corn bread fed boys..that's not there cup of tea.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Legendhogan51 on August 04, 2017, 05:11:34 am
Yes I did say Earle will not beat mountain view what was it last year 38 to 8 and yes he will a basketball coach but he still helped on football he knows what he's doing  Plus the two new coaches on offense and defense but you no what  even if we don't have the speed too run that offense even though all them teams at teams camps will disagree defense wins games and yes Earle is really good but they're doing the same thing cross county did with anfernee davis you can't rely on one quarterback  what if he goes down And let me say i'm not saying I hope he does he's a really good QB  and I hope the best for him but him playing offense and defense something could happen

This is 2A ball, man. When you have one kid with the talent Gerry has. You win with him or you lose without him. It's that simple. In 2A ball. A kid as good as he is. He should never leave the field. Monta never left the field. Dixon never left the field. The one really good kid that played for the Bison never left the field. That's just what you do. Of course he's going to be on defense AND offense.

big E

Single wing is about deception not speed. So they'll just get 10 yards instead of 50.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: big E on August 04, 2017, 12:07:56 pm
Single wing is about deception not speed. So they'll just get 10 yards instead of 50.

And if it's successful wear down the defense...to where those slow backs rumble for 15-20 instead of those 5-10 yard runs...

Bstep9

Quote from: HorseFeathers on August 04, 2017, 04:09:43 pm
And if it's successful wear down the defense...to where those slow backs rumble for 15-20 instead of those 5-10 yard runs...
I hope your right. I dont see it though. Hughes ran it when I was playing and they were very successful because of there speed.

Dogg

August 04, 2017, 10:36:10 pm #29 Last Edit: August 04, 2017, 10:39:06 pm by Dogg
you cant deceive anybody if you have no speed. Earle has ran the single wing since 2005 and will use it this year. Lineman have to be quick enough to pull and trap and backs must have speed. Single Wing is the worst offense for CC skill set.

Dogg

We ran it doing the Moody era in Earle. It's deception mixed with speed

Pit Bull

Quote from: birddawg1986 on August 04, 2017, 10:33:46 am
Earle then everyone else for the 2-5 spots. If Williams or Greenwell were still at CC I would give them a shot at Earle, but running the single wing with those big corn bread fed boys..that's not there cup of tea.

Single Wing?

Pit Bull

Quote from: Bstep9 on August 04, 2017, 05:08:50 pm
I hope your right. I dont see it though. Hughes ran it when I was playing and they were very successful because of there speed.

It's all about deception with speed! If it develops slow then it is ineffective and inefficient. Hughes didn't even have big linemen at all, they had quick linemen with a speed demon backfield and they continuously ran the ball 🏈 down your throat.

Bstep9

Quote from: Pit Bull on August 05, 2017, 06:51:25 am
It's all about deception with speed! If it develops slow then it is ineffective and inefficient. Hughes didn't even have big linemen at all, they had quick linemen with a speed demon backfield and they continuously ran the ball 🏈 down your throat.
Trust me. I remember!

playmaker04

You do not have to be blazing fast to run the single wing. Get it through your heads. It's built for the fullback. Deception and blocking are the keys. CC has the same team basically as last year.. no speed then either. If you don't turn the ball over,the offense works. Quit making excuses for Bohannon. If he gets hurt that much,he might want to think about a different career😀

playmaker04

Quote from: Bstep9 on August 05, 2017, 09:09:31 pm
Trust me. I remember!
of course they did,Malzahn was the coach. He still runs variations of the single wing at Auburn. But the single wing is a "Ball control offense. You need a big QB who can block,Cross County has this. You need a big fullback. Cross County has this. An athletic Tailback,CC has this and a wingback that's can block or run,CC has this. They have quick and big linemen. People I think will be surprised at how effective this offense will be. I'll be surprised if we're not there in the hunt again. Tommy is a motivator. They hired an offensive coordinator who specializes in this offense and a defensive guy who played at Newport and coached at Lyons college. They will be fine

Dogg

I understand CC is your home town team but the single wing is a disaster waiting to happen in CC. Earle ran it and some years averaged over 40 points a game. CC is most dangerous when they line up and play smash mouth football.

playmaker04

Quote from: Dogg on August 09, 2017, 01:37:17 pm
I understand CC is your home town team but the single wing is a disaster waiting to happen in CC. Earle ran it and some years averaged over 40 points a game. CC is most dangerous when they line up and play smash mouth football.
Believe me,I loved our offense last year. But ever since I found out what we we're running this season I have been studying literature and videos on it religiously. It can be run with a bigger not as fast backfield. It was designed as a ball control offense,not a homerun hitter. But you are right it can be disastrous if not executed correctly. Marked Tree had great speed but had problems running their offense because they fumbled 150 times last year. We had 9 turnovers in 10 regular season games. It's simple if we don't execute and fumble we won't be successful so it could be a disaster as you say if that happens.

Pit Bull

Quote from: playmaker04 on August 09, 2017, 12:25:13 pm
You do not have to be blazing fast to run the single wing. Get it through your heads. It's built for the fullback. Deception and blocking are the keys. CC has the same team basically as last year.. no speed then either. If you don't turn the ball over,the offense works. Quit making excuses for Bohannon. If he gets hurt that much,he might want to think about a different career😀

Sounds like you're tired of hearing Bohanon's name or something! No one is making excuses for the kid, I'm sure he'll play where ever Coach ask him to play. You sounded a bit pathetic in your comments about a child...

Neckred

exactly.  Single wing is an offense a slow team should use

big E

If you got a qb that can make the fakes it can work pretty good .

Bstep9

Quote from: playmaker04 on August 09, 2017, 02:45:47 pm
Believe me,I loved our offense last year. But ever since I found out what we we're running this season I have been studying literature and videos on it religiously. It can be run with a bigger not as fast backfield. It was designed as a ball control offense,not a homerun hitter. But you are right it can be disastrous if not executed correctly. Marked Tree had great speed but had problems running their offense because they fumbled 150 times last year. We had 9 turnovers in 10 regular season games. It's simple if we don't execute and fumble we won't be successful so it could be a disaster as you say if that happens.
Your delusional. What scares me the most is the fumbles that will occur with this offense. Cross county has always been most effective running the ball down hill and having a qb that can make the throws when needed. Run the ball, play defense and don't turn the ball over. Those 3 keys are the only way cc can beat Earle.

Bstep9

if the kids believe in the coaching staff then great things can happen for cc. I'm just giving my opinion and I hope the players aren't looking at this. If they are, I hope they don't believe a thing I say.

playmaker04

Quote from: Pit Bull on August 09, 2017, 02:59:48 pm
Sounds like you're tired of hearing Bohanon's name or something! No one is making excuses for the kid, I'm sure he'll play where ever Coach ask him to play. You sounded a bit pathetic in your comments about a child...
come on dude,you saw the smiley face at the end. It was was supposed to be fecetious because of the excuses that were being made. Everybody knows how good Bohannon is.

playmaker04

Quote from: Bstep9 on August 09, 2017, 09:43:52 pm
Your delusional. What scares me the most is the fumbles that will occur with this offense. Cross county has always been most effective running the ball down hill and having a qb that can make the throws when needed. Run the ball, play defense and don't turn the ball over. Those 3 keys are the only way cc can beat Earle.
Explain to me newbie what part of what I said was "dilusional"?

Pit Bull

Quote from: playmaker04 on August 09, 2017, 10:02:15 pm
come on dude,you saw the smiley face at the end. It was was supposed to be fecetious because of the excuses that were being made. Everybody knows how good Bohannon is.

Ok, try not to leave room for interpretation

Bstep9

Quote from: playmaker04 on August 09, 2017, 10:04:19 pm
Explain to me newbie what part of what I said was "dilusional"?
I could have swore I brought your quote up to emphasize what you are delusional about. This new offense will not work. Maybe against rector but not against a quality defense.

playmaker04

You keep believing that friend,and keep watching Cross County win. If they execute,it will work.

playmaker04

Quote from: Bstep9 on August 03, 2017, 07:30:41 pm
Not going to argue about the speed. We will be slow. But we do have size. We have two guys at 6'2 or better and over 300 pounds. I don't believe cc will be in the conversation when it's all said and done. Although we will be fielding a very strong and tough team. If the coach lines up and goes through the a and b gaps we will be hard to stop by the 4 th quarter, but from what I'm hearing we are going to try and run around the competition. We both know how that will go.
Have you been to a practice to watch them run the offense? They are not running sweeps or end arounds all the time like you have been evidently misinformed about. There are more plays ran in the middle than around the ends I can promise you that. Before you down what they are doing come watch a practice bstep9. Come watch the intersquad game on August 18th.

MTINDIANFAN

Quote from: Bstep9 on August 09, 2017, 09:43:52 pm
This is exactly why I did not like our offense the past two years. Fumbles killed us.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas