• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4-3A summer chatter

Started by beach bum, May 17, 2017, 09:42:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HorseFeathers

Quote from: RTF on August 08, 2017, 02:07:44 pm
" That's why I have circled the Hector game for us to figure out this 2017 Paris squad." lol

Wasn't for the monsoon last year, Hector would have lost that game....I think... we'll never know if Hectors oline would have adjusted to Paris's dline though...

beach bum

Quote from: RTF on August 08, 2017, 02:07:44 pm
" That's why I have circled the Hector game for us to figure out this 2017 Paris squad." lol

Is the Yellville Summit non conference game more like it for Paris? Are they going to be that bad or something in your eyes? Or are you just being a moron trying to argue for the sake of arguing like your usual self?

RTF

I have no idea about Paris. This statement just told me alot about yourself is all.

macadoshis

Quote from: beach bum on August 08, 2017, 12:23:23 am
So I have always said there is usually one game on each team's non conference schedule that gives us a good idea of the product each team is going to put on the field. Here is the game I believe for each school in the 4-3A that will tell us how good they will be and my reasoning behind it. Others can feel free who know these individual schools more to chime in on what they may think might be more important non conference games for their team.....

1)Atkins @ Dover- my reasoning here is Atkins should take care of business of Yellville Summit and Bigelow fairly easily if we expect them to fair well again in the 4-3A. If they can play Dover tight or win against the Pirates look for another solid year for the Red Devils

2)Cedarville vs. Mountainburg- two straight defeats to Mountainburg has been the start of rough 2-8 campaigns for Cedarville. Waldron should be a loss with them being one of the most improved teams in the state and a classification higher than the Pirates. Cedarville beat Pocola, OK last year and if they can do the same and beat Mountainburg then it may give them the confidence they need to get a playoff berth especially a win against their rival Mountainburg who has been a steady 2A program as of late.

3)Charleston @ Dardanelle- I think we'll know right out of the gate what we will see from the Tigers this coming year. I don't think Charleston will be quite as stout even as the obvious 4-3A favorite still though. However, I don't think the Sand Lizards will be quite as stout either. The Tigers should storm through Episcopal and an always good game with the rival Hillbillies week 3. I could have went with Ozark has the key non conference game, but Dardanelle is week 1 so I put it as the crucial non conference game for Charleston.

4)Lamar vs. Clarksville- I think Clarksville will win this game the coming year. The question is will it be a tight game or the 5A school actually wins big like they should. If Clarksville wins big look for Lamar to be scraping and clawing to even make the playoffs. Have a good showing here in week 1 and I think the Warriors will be ok in 2017. Mount Ida will be so tough and Lamar should beat Subiaco by default.

5)Mansfield vs. Greenland- these two schools are very similar in talent usually and have had some good battles throughout the years as either conference or non conference foes. If Mansfield can beat Greenland they could be a playoff team possibly. Lincoln will be tough for Mansfield and Waldron too.

6)Paris @ Hector- Although Hector loses a lot, I still think they'll be solid. Paris should handle Yellville easily, but Paris won't be expected to do much against Dardanelle. That's why I have circled the Hector game for us to figure out this 2017 Paris squad.

7)Perryville vs. Mayflower- The Mustangs don't exactly have the hardest non conference schedule. If they expect much of a season they should handle Bigelow and Poyen somewhat easily. But if they can beat Mayflower this coming year that might tell the rest of the 4-3A that Perryville is ready to jump up into the 3 or 4 seed in this conference.

8)Two Rivers vs. Danville- Gosh, is this an insanely tough non conference schedule for a program trying to pick up some wins wherever they can. Dover and Jessieville are really tough opponents too so I went with the rival Little Johns as the game to watch for the Gators simply cause of the Yell County rivalry.
I agree on the Lamar game.  Last year Clarksville man handled the Warriors.  We we out physicalled across the board.  And to hear Coach Buckner say this is the best O-line he has ever coached makes me worry that this game will be much of the same.  These dudes are huge.  They came out and hit us square in the mouth and we didn't know how to react.  I hope its a close game and the Warriors find a way to pull it out but I think they are a year away from being really good.  I hope I'm wrong but I can see Lamar being 1-2 going into conference play. 

BAMA#16

Quote from: MICHAELSPAPPY on June 03, 2017, 08:08:12 am
Charleston- They're going to certainly finish on top of the 4-3A again. I think the gap between them and #2 in the league could be even bigger than last year and we all know there was a pretty big gap between them and Atkins last year. I think they'll be on the door of a state title too. Will they be good enough to finish the deal? We will see.

How many starters did they lose from last year?
CHS lost 4 offensive lineman, QB, 1 receiver, and on D, the whole front seven and a corner. I really like what I saw out of the new signal caller for the Tigers, big athletic kid.

beach bum

Quote from: macadoshis on August 10, 2017, 05:44:50 am
I agree on the Lamar game.  Last year Clarksville man handled the Warriors.  We we out physicalled across the board.  And to hear Coach Buckner say this is the best O-line he has ever coached makes me worry that this game will be much of the same.  These dudes are huge.  They came out and hit us square in the mouth and we didn't know how to react.  I hope its a close game and the Warriors find a way to pull it out but I think they are a year away from being really good.  I hope I'm wrong but I can see Lamar being 1-2 going into conference play.

I definitely can see the 1-2 record too, but Mount Ida is defending 2A state champ and jumping up 2 classifications to play Clarksville is always a good test for a 3A program so that is no slouch of a non conference schedule for the Warriors. I am just surprised it took Clarksville this long to finally catch up to its smaller neighbor to the east. Goes to show you that was a pretty good run for the Lamar program for a few years.

TeeLee

I went to the Charleston scrimmage tonight.  Could not believe what I was seeing.  4-3A teams will probably
not be able to keep up with our speed. There were 14 officials on or around the field to keep up with our
players.  ::)   

YC

Quote from: TeeLee on August 12, 2017, 10:08:02 pm
I went to the Charleston scrimmage tonight.  Could not believe what I was seeing.  4-3A teams will probably
not be able to keep up with our speed. There were 14 officials on or around the field to keep up with our
players.  ::)   

Because of another commitment I was unable to attend the scrimmage. Coffey shop gossip is the Fisher kid who has never played football before is playing this year. Watching him play on the freshman basketball team last year it was obvious he is extremely quick and fast. Word around the water cooler is he can turn off the light switch, jump into bed and pull up the covers before it gets dark. Put him with Flanagan and Wisdom and that's some serious speed at the skilled positions. Again, its just coffey shop talk but they say he has already earned a starting position. 

MICHAELSPAPPY

Quote from: beach bum on August 12, 2017, 12:10:50 pm
I definitely can see the 1-2 record too

It could be a tough season, but Doc likes the attitude and work ethic of this team, and that can go a long way. He said we have good size up front.

macadoshis

Quote from: MICHAELSPAPPY on August 13, 2017, 07:13:46 pm
It could be a tough season, but Doc likes the attitude and work ethic of this team, and that can go a long way. He said we have good size up front.
Also like he said in the channel 5 news interview, last year's team lacked the discipline it took to have a winning season.  Therefore only winning five games.   This team seems to be better in that category.   I still think they are a year or two away but should be better than last year's team. 

TheTruth2010

Where can I find that interview?

macadoshis

MICHAELSPAPPY

Quote from: macadoshis on August 23, 2017, 09:51:03 pm
http://5newsonline.com/2017/08/09/lamar-warriors-refocused-for-2017-season/amp/

I always enjoy rooting for a team that is not one of the favorites and then watching them overachieve. Hopefully that will be the case this year. The elements are there: good attitude, veteran coach, young team.

macadoshis

August 24, 2017, 03:20:42 pm #63 Last Edit: August 30, 2017, 01:29:07 pm by macadoshis
Quote from: MICHAELSPAPPY on August 24, 2017, 11:37:04 am
I always enjoy rooting for a team that is not one of the favorites and then watching them overachieve. Hopefully that will be the case this year. The elements are there: good attitude, veteran coach, young team.
I agree. 

macadoshis

I saw there was a 50% chance of rain next Friday night.  Its harder to sit out there in the wet when you're kid isn't out there on the field.

macadoshis

August 26, 2017, 01:14:03 pm #65 Last Edit: August 30, 2017, 01:28:32 pm by macadoshis
I definitely will go watch week one vs Clarksville.  Should be a good test for this young Warrior team.   

macadoshis

Is it not game week ?  Where's everyone at?

RTF

I'm here Mac 1st week games who you got?

Chuck at Dardanelle
Mountainburg at Cedarville
Atkins at Dover
Clarksville at Lamar
Bigelow at Perryville
Danville at Two Rivers
Mansfield at Waldron
Paris at YSummit

macadoshis

August 28, 2017, 03:06:02 pm #68 Last Edit: August 30, 2017, 01:27:27 pm by macadoshis
Quote from: RTF on August 28, 2017, 02:21:00 pm
I'm here Mac 1st week games who you got?

Chuck at Dardanelle
Mountainburg at Cedarville
Atkins at Dover
Clarksville at Lamar
Bigelow at Perryville
Danville at Two Rivers
Mansfield at Waldron
Paris at YSummit

beach bum

August 28, 2017, 06:54:32 pm #69 Last Edit: August 28, 2017, 07:01:33 pm by beach bum
These week 1 games are super hard to pick going off somewhat guesses of what each team will bring for the coming year. Sometimes it takes a good 4 or 5 weeks to figure out teams. Especially in the smaller classifications where some coaches may make position changes after a week or two sample of actual game time with their limited roster numbers. I'll take a stab at the predictions and say this happens week 1 as followed.....

Cedarville by 13 (Mtburg lost a lot of key pieces, I'll take the Pirates)
Atkins by 7 (same for Dover losing some pieces, a solid Atkins team wins here)
Dardanelle by 6 (a really good Tiger side plays well but falls short to a solid 4A Sand Lizard side)
Paris by 40 (they should win big here, if not it could be a let down season for the Eagles)
Waldron by 35 (The Bulldogs take another small step forward this season)
Clarksville by 14 (Clarksville keeps improving, finally they win semi comfortable like they should against their 3A neighbor to the east)
Danville by 42 (The Little John's are so good they will be playing in December imo)
Perryville by 20 (always a hard fought game, if the Mustangs are going to have a good year imo they should win comfortably against a lately struggling Bigelow side)

macadoshis

August 28, 2017, 08:07:51 pm #70 Last Edit: August 30, 2017, 01:26:18 pm by macadoshis
I think you're pretty on the money BB.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: beach bum on August 28, 2017, 06:54:32 pm
These week 1 games are super hard to pick going off somewhat guesses of what each team will bring for the coming year. Sometimes it takes a good 4 or 5 weeks to figure out teams. Especially in the smaller classifications where some coaches may make position changes after a week or two sample of actual game time with their limited roster numbers. I'll take a stab at the predictions and say this happens week 1 as followed.....

Cedarville by 13 (Mtburg lost a lot of key pieces, I'll take the Pirates)
Atkins by 7 (same for Dover losing some pieces, a solid Atkins team wins here)
Dardanelle by 6 (a really good Tiger side plays well but falls short to a solid 4A Sand Lizard side)
Paris by 40 (they should win big here, if not it could be a let down season for the Eagles)
Waldron by 35 (The Bulldogs take another small step forward this season)
Clarksville by 14 (Clarksville keeps improving, finally they win semi comfortable like they should against their 3A neighbor to the east)
Danville by 42 (The Little John's are so good they will be playing in December imo)
Perryville by 20 (always a hard fought game, if the Mustangs are going to have a good year imo they should win comfortably against a lately struggling Bigelow side)

Side must be a soccer term

Lineman

Quote from: HorseFeathers on August 28, 2017, 08:24:03 pm
There's no fútbol in Chuck, so that could be a problem.

beach bum

Quote from: HorseFeathers on August 28, 2017, 08:24:03 pm

The season in Europe starts 3 weeks before our football season so the vocabulary has soaked into me a little bit too much since I do not watch baseball so its all I have had since early August. I am ready for football of all levels to get cranked up to balance out my sports watching for sure.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas