• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dierks Coaching Search Begins

Started by Big Boy, May 16, 2017, 03:42:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Katdaddy

Marblehog

Dierks is losing a pretty athletic senior class.  They should be down in all sports next year.  Better be glad the Fox kid transferred there from Kirby a few years ago

Bosshog34

The football team definitely lost a lot of seniors and big time contributors on offense and defense.  But from looking at their basketball roster on maxpreps, they only lose 3 seniors and return some really good players.  They are always good at baseball so I am assuming they will reload and still win that district and region next year.  But for sure going to be a down year for the football team.

Marblehog

Quote from: Bosshog34 on May 23, 2017, 11:46:52 pm
The football team definitely lost a lot of seniors and big time contributors on offense and defense.  But from looking at their basketball roster on maxpreps, they only lose 3 seniors and return some really good players.  They are always good at baseball so I am assuming they will reload and still win that district and region next year.  But for sure going to be a down year for the football team.
Losing 3 starters is a lot in basketball

Bosshog34

Never said 3 starters.  I said 3 seniors.  Looking at their stats it looks like only one of the three really contributed any points.  They return 4 of top 5 scorers according to stats on maxpreps.

AirItOut21

Fox is a load in the post and he will carry them next season. Bradshaw has some size and is a solid player as well.

HOGS1976

Head football coach and head baseball coach jobs filled #bleedblue

BigBob

HOGS1976

Jonathan Bates football Jarrod Fannin baseball

stuck in between

Quote from: HOGS1976 on May 31, 2017, 10:51:01 am

Does Bates have experience as a head coach? If so where did he coach at last? If not what programs has he been associated with in the past?

stuck in between

Quote from: stuck in between on May 31, 2017, 01:39:47 pm
Quote from: HOGS1976 on May 31, 2017, 10:51:01 am

Does Bates have experience as a head coach? If so where did he coach at last? If not what programs has he been associated with in the past?

Never mind. Google is a fascinating tool.

COACH-Mike

M.I. D

Bates was an assistant under White at Mount Ida for a few years. Good guy and coach. Have a little patience and he will have the Outlaws contending.

Katdaddy

I have heard nothing but good things about Coach Bates from the people that I have talked to. Glad that he and Coach Fannin are on board!!

lionsdad

Told my son, who played for Bates for a couple of years, that he was hired at Dierks. This is his response.....😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂. No love lost here. Good luck.

Look A Here

Quote from: lionsdad on May 31, 2017, 08:01:57 pm
Told my son, who played for Bates for a couple of years, that he was hired at Dierks. This is his response.....😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂. No love lost here. Good luck.
Ouch...Well hopefully he does well for Dierks

BlueNGold52

Y'all have gotten yourself a good coach, great strength coach, and solid discipline guy he will make fine young men and solid players out of your boys if they buy in. Jonathan is a super nice guy and will take no bull. My son played for him for 3yrs in Jr. High

Big Boy

Now we just have to find a couple more assistants I would think if my math is correct.  Bissell also quit, and I have heard Tipton plans to only teach.  That leaves Bates, Fannin, and Alexander.  I'm assuming newly hired girls coach Whisenhunt won't be an assistant FB coach. 

Katdaddy

I read where Bates is also the Head Track Coach, so they may not replace Coach Tipton. If that is the case, then that will leave Bates, Fannin, Alexander and new assistant.

HOGS1976

All Outlaw sr football players team meeting Tuesday at 5 at the field house pass the word

whoknows

I missed the meeting...how'd it go

Marblehog

Quote from: Big Boy on June 01, 2017, 01:50:47 pm
Now we just have to find a couple more assistants I would think if my math is correct.  Bissell also quit, and I have heard Tipton plans to only teach.  That leaves Bates, Fannin, and Alexander.  I'm assuming newly hired girls coach Whisenhunt won't be an assistant FB coach.
where did Bissell go?

Big Boy

Quote from: Marblehog on June 07, 2017, 03:48:54 pm
where did Bissell go?
Quit to go back to school to further his education is what I was told.

Big Boy

Quote from: whoknows on June 06, 2017, 09:04:48 pm
I missed the meeting...how'd it go
Whoknows, I thought you were out of eligibility?  Good question, I was wandering the same thing...

panther07

Quote from: HOGS1976 on June 04, 2017, 11:58:57 am
All Outlaw sr football players team meeting Tuesday at 5 at the field house pass the word

Thanks Bryan! Think the new coach blood has turned blue yet? One can only hope.

HOGS1976

BlueNGold52

HOGS1976

Didn't Jessieville have a chance to hire him last year?

BLUEBLOOD

Coaching staff solidified
Head coach:  Jonathan Bates
Asst:  Jarrod Fannin, Jacob Garrick, Kevin Alexander

Maybe some more help with other staff members also

HOGS1976

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas