• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

7A State Tournament

Started by OB11, May 11, 2017, 01:37:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

OB11

Post scores and updates here.

piggy

Rogers Mounties  9

Conway Wampus Cats  5

Grizzlyfan

Bryant beat Springdale 1-0
LR Catholic beat Van Buren 3-1
HarBer beat Southside 10-7 (I think)

Grizzlyfan

Cabot beats Catholic. 3-1
Rogers & Fayetteville tied at 2 late.

Grizzlyfan

Fayetteville holds on to beat Rogers 6-4

piggy

May 12, 2017, 10:03:32 pm #5 Last Edit: May 13, 2017, 07:28:22 am by piggy
It was 6-2.

Shameful effort from the umpires.

The kids deserve better.

The newspaper this morning describes it pretty well.

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: piggy on May 12, 2017, 10:03:32 pm
It was 6-2.

Shameful effort from the umpires.

The kids deserve better.

The newspaper this morning describes it pretty well.
I was just following scores on Twitter.  Didn't hear any specifics.  Do you have a link to the newspaper article talking about the game?  OR the name of the paper?

Ar HS sport fan

piggy

The ejection of the Mountie Center Fielder, Grayson Lee, in the top of the third, changed the game.

Very marginal call on a head first slide into home.

The ejection caused a reshuffle in the outfield that led to a collision of the short stop and left fielder.

The short stop broke his right leg and had surgery saturday morning.

Rogers was leading 2-0 at the time of the ejection.

So, Rogers lost the starting short stop, and the Center Fielder who was 2-2 with a single and RBI double.

5 unearned runs later, FHS wins

Ar HS sport fan

ok, so its the umpires fault that mr. lee was ejected?  sounds like you're trying to lay blame on someone for his actions.  although I was not there, from the description given from the newspaper account, it sounds like a good call and ejection.  it is unfortunate that the SS was injured but again that is not the umpires fault.  sometimes there is an unfortunate series of events that happen that no one can predict or prevent.  that's the nature of the game.

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: Ar HS sport fan on May 16, 2017, 07:41:10 am
sometimes there is an unfortunate series of events that happen that no one can predict or prevent.

Was this the umpire in question:

Ar HS sport fan

possible, however as is said, I was not there, so I cannot say who the umpire was.

piggy

To eject a player, it must be determined that the intent was " malicious"

So, by reading the news articles the game, you are able to determine " malicious intent?"

I have great pictures of the play I would like to show, but I guess this site does not allow attachments.

There is a great picture of the home plate umpire with a huge smile on his face as he ejects Grayson Lee.

I was there, I saw it and yes we know who was behind the plate.  He is a regular in the 7-A West, unfortunately.

I do not think this issue is over yet.......

A Fayetteville graduate and a former teacher at FHS behind the plate for this game is very interesting.

Brian G

This site does allow pic and attachments.  People do it all the time.

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: B.G. on May 16, 2017, 03:50:58 pm
This site does allow pic and attachments.  People do it all the time.

Yeah I do it all the time. Can you actually attach an image from your computer or do you have to upload it to an image hosting site/pull it from the internet?

You'd think I would know after all the time I've spent on here.

Brian G

Multiple ways.  I'm unsure but the poster who complained might need to hit some kind of minimum post count to post a picture.  There are safeguards against spam but I think he can.

Ar HS sport fan

piggy, having a " Fayetteville graduate and a former teacher at FHS behind the plate" shows questionable judgement on the UIC.  however until the AOA starts having "state" umpires call the state tournaments and not just guys from the local area there will be a small pool to work teams from that area.  a friend of mine called the 5A at sylvan hills/jacksonville.  he told me they had guys from jonesboro and nashville area to go with the central arkansas guys. 

malicious contact is a judgement call and most umpires will rule on the side of protecting the player(s).  and as for the umpire "smiling" that sound like a biased rather than an unbiased observation. 

and lastly, pictures will not give an accurate representation of what happened.  video leading up to the contact, a\actual contact and after contact is made are the only way to fully and accurately determine what happened.

Rob Van Winkle

The 7A tourney had at least 2 and possibly 3 umpires from the central AR area.

Ar HS sport fan

ok, didnt know that either.  however having someone on the plate that is a grad and as ties to that school doesnt pass the smell test outside the umpire community.  its all about perception.  he may be a great umpire and have the utmost reputation and be above reproach but in a state tournament game shouldnt have been on the dish.

Brian G

I've seen the photo's and the call definitely could be made.

Brian G

It doesn't hold a candle to this trip down FF memory lane.....it occurred in a state championship game.

http://www.fearlessfriday.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=92583.0

OB11

Quote from: B.G. on May 17, 2017, 05:02:42 pm
It doesn't hold a candle to this trip down FF memory lane.....it occurred in a state championship game.

http://www.fearlessfriday.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=92583.0

I was at that game. To this day, it's still the worst call I've ever seen. Even worse that it was in a state championship game.

Brian G

piggy

Would love to attach pictures.

I know how to do it, Just don't see it allowed here

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: piggy on May 18, 2017, 07:56:30 am
Would love to attach pictures.

I know how to do it, Just don't see it allowed here

I think you can attach an image.  Start a new message, and then click the Preview button.  Then right below the bold button there is an attach image button.  Just copy and paste the picture within the bracketed image tabs.  Like this:

[ img]picture<dot>jpg[ /img]

Just remove the spaces on the IMG brackets and change the <dot> to a '.'

That should do it.

blue4hire

Quote from: Ar HS sport fan on May 17, 2017, 03:26:44 pm
piggy, having a " Fayetteville graduate and a former teacher at FHS behind the plate" shows questionable judgement on the UIC.  however until the AOA starts having "state" umpires call the state tournaments and not just guys from the local area there will be a small pool to work teams from that area.  a friend of mine called the 5A at sylvan hills/jacksonville.  he told me they had guys from jonesboro and nashville area to go with the central arkansas guys. 

malicious contact is a judgement call and most umpires will rule on the side of protecting the player(s).  and as for the umpire "smiling" that sound like a biased rather than an unbiased observation. 

and lastly, pictures will not give an accurate representation of what happened.  video leading up to the contact, a\actual contact and after contact is made are the only way to fully and accurately determine what happened.
4A in Lonoke had 7 guys:
2-Little Rock
2-Hot Springs Village
1-Russellville
1-Forrest City
1-Hope

piggy

After the fiasco he created in the Rogers/Fayetteville game, the umpire in question was removed from the 7-A tournament and reassigned to the 3-A tournament.

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: piggy on May 24, 2017, 09:28:07 am
After the fiasco he created in the Rogers/Fayetteville game, the umpire in question was removed from the 7-A tournament and reassigned to the 3-A tournament.
I guess that means it's ok to make bad calls in 3A?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas