• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

bauxite football

Started by beaverfan007, May 08, 2017, 04:29:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

beaverfan007

Year 2 of the darryl patton era is starting how well will bauxite do this year i know their freshman class is talented???

Sports Guru

Quote from: beaverfan007 on May 08, 2017, 04:29:36 pm
Year 2 of the darryl patton era is starting how well will bauxite do this year i know their freshman class is talented???
Tough schedule that Bauxite plays this year 1-9 or 2-8??

Iknewthemwhen

I'd say the bigger question that will shape Bauxite future is, how long before Patton is moving?

Look A Here

Quote from: CrossettEagles14 on May 08, 2017, 04:43:36 pm
Tough schedule that Bauxite plays this year 1-9 or 2-8??
Who would those wins or win be against?

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Iknewthemwhen on May 08, 2017, 07:22:08 pm
I'd say the bigger question that will shape Bauxite future is, how long before Patton is moving?

My guess would be just as soon as some other school offers.

Sports Guru

Quote from: Look A Here on May 09, 2017, 12:14:21 pm
Who would those wins or win be against?

Harmony Grove and Fountain Lake in close games

Da Truff

Bauxite can't and won't beat Fountain Lake, especially if they keep trying to run the spread.

nomorewhining

So I guess Fountain Lake will immediately be great in the spread?

Da Truff

Sorry I meant if Bauxite keeps trying to run the spread.  Fountain Lake is pretty dang good in the wing T.

game on

fountain Lake still running Wing T?  I thought they got a new HC?

HorseFeathers

Quote from: game on on May 10, 2017, 04:37:31 pm
fountain Lake still running Wing T?  I thought they got a new HC?

They did... Gilleran moved south to hot springs I think

Lumberjackfan1978

Might be another tough year for Bauxite

nomorewhining

That's what I was getting at....Fountain Lake is in the spread

GuvHog

Quote from: HorseFeathers on May 10, 2017, 04:44:05 pm
They did... Gilleran moved south to hot springs I think

He's at Lake Hamilton.

BM22

May 11, 2017, 08:43:22 pm #14 Last Edit: May 12, 2017, 07:52:42 am by BM22
Quote from: beaverfan007 on May 08, 2017, 04:29:36 pm
Year 2 is gonna be another tough one. Incoming sophomore class about like what they had in 2013-15 minus a standout like Madison. Don't know what their jr high record was (maybe 6-3) but i do know they got thumped by Nashville (along with alot of teams) something like 45-0. I see them going 0-10 this year again.

BM22

Quote from: CrossettEagles14 on May 10, 2017, 03:36:45 am
Harmony Grove and Fountain Lake in close games
Both HG and FL are more talented and have more speed than the Miners. May be close in the first half of these 2 games, but Cobras and Cards should pull away in the 2nd half.

Lumberjackfan1978

Quote from: BM22 on May 11, 2017, 08:47:21 pm
Both HG and FL are more talented and have more speed than the Miners. May be close in the first half of these 2 games, but Cobras and Cards should pull away in the 2nd half.
any move ins coming this year

BM22

Quote from: Lumberjackfan1978 on May 12, 2017, 04:57:39 pm
any move ins coming this year
None that my son is aware of. As long as Benton and Bryant are doing well and succeeding, local move ins may be few and far between. A limited turnaround will depend on how long DP is there, if they can get and keep numbers at 40+ and have successful and productive offseasons.

game on

Whats the outlook for the 2017 season?

BM22

Quote from: game on on June 05, 2017, 01:51:46 pm
Whats the outlook for the 2017 season?
Hope I'm wrong, but this year looks to be just as brutal as last year. Maybe they can sneak a win somewhere, but to be honest, I can see them going 0-10 again.

Lumberjackfan1978

Quote from: BM22 on June 07, 2017, 09:17:53 am
Hope I'm wrong, but this year looks to be just as brutal as last year. Maybe they can sneak a win somewhere, but to be honest, I can see them going 0-10 again.
yea I think it will be tough again this year might be able to get a win.If they could manage to get a win or two this year and if DP hangs around might be better next year.

whippersnapper

According to Hootens via twitter they're switching to dead T, is that correct?

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: whippersnapper on June 07, 2017, 02:43:01 pm

100% correct.

Patton is a good coach. I know he's a spread guy. But, you got to make changes that fits the kids in the system. This will benefit them substantially.

Lumberjackfan1978

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on June 07, 2017, 03:41:55 pm
100% correct.

Patton is a good coach. I know he's a spread guy. But, you got to make changes that fits the kids in the system. This will benefit them substantially.
agree got to play the kids in a system that is best for them

BM22

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on June 07, 2017, 03:41:55 pm
100% correct.

If I'm not mistaken, they may be starting a RB at QB. This will be their 5th offensive formation since 2009. Hope it works out for them.

beaverfan007

They may switch to dead t but there gonna still throw the ball around some

game on

STBruin

With Calley at Harmony Grove, all the kids can't start at Benton in 6A are going to HG...and Bauxite will continue to falter.

AirWarren

Quote from: STBruin on June 08, 2017, 04:23:01 pm
With Calley at Harmony Grove, all the kids can't start at Benton in 6A are going to HG...and Bauxite will continue to falter.

Patton has Bryant ties. And Bryant is exploding like no one's business in regards to new construction homes. And the school is also busting at the seams.   Don't be so sure that with the right storm, they won't be able to pull some kids from Bryant.

Iknewthemwhen

Winning breeds further success, they were not winning this past season.  I would expect Patton to be gone very shortly.

BM22

Quote from: AirWarren on June 08, 2017, 04:48:22 pm
Patton has Bryant ties. And Bryant is exploding like no one's business in regards to new construction homes. And the school is also busting at the seams.   Don't be so sure that with the right storm, they won't be able to pull some kids from Bryant.
Yep,  the Miners need all the help they can get. It all depends on whether or not DP is in it for the long haul. I was told that, based on the growth at the elementary and middle school level, Bauxite could move up to 5A in about 5 years.

AirWarren

Quote from: BM22 on June 09, 2017, 03:13:21 am
Yep,  the Miners need all the help they can get. It all depends on whether or not DP is in it for the long haul. I was told that, based on the growth at the elementary and middle school level, Bauxite could move up to 5A in about 5 years.

Easily. It's growing.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: BM22 on June 09, 2017, 03:13:21 am

70 more kids in k-3 than 2 years ago...

AirWarren

Quote from: HorseFeathers on June 09, 2017, 09:45:44 am

My wife graduated with MAYBE 60 kids in 2004. Their classes are around 140-160 now.

BM22

Quote from: HorseFeathers on June 09, 2017, 09:45:44 am
Wow! Looks like Bauxite may be in 5A in just a few years.

Dayton Kitchens

Quote from: whippersnapper on June 07, 2017, 02:43:01 pm

Without a well above average offensive line,   the Dead T will quickly become Dead Meat.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Dayton Kitchens on June 18, 2017, 12:40:02 pm
Without a well above average offensive line,   the Dead T will quickly become Dead Meat.

And without a very good offensive line, a kid who is well adapted to fast pace offense and multiple wide receivers... You go 0-10.

Dayton Kitchens

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on June 18, 2017, 12:45:45 pm
And without a very good offensive line, a kid who is well adapted to fast pace offense and multiple wide receivers... You go 0-10.

No doubt.   Which is one reason I've always been skeptical about the viability of Spread Offenses in the short term because beyond the development of the QB, backs and receivers you need solid, consistent offensive line play.

Especially given you generally lack a fullback which in a pinch can serve as a valuable "second line of blocking"

RZback

Oh, the spread is good all the time.  If you don't have a good QB or no receivers you can always just run the ball after you spread the offensive across the field and the defense must spread out with you.  Then just run at those big DL gaps and 1 or 2 linebackers.  Easy pickings!!!

RZback

And if you believe that like some spread advocates seem too, I have some ocean front property I'd like to sell ya.

Dayton Kitchens

Quote from: RZback on June 18, 2017, 02:32:55 pm
And if you believe that like some spread advocates seem too, I have some ocean front property I'd like to sell ya.

I wish most coaches who want to run a Spread offense in high school would simply admit why they wish to:

It dangles the prospect of ripping up and down the field with lots of different players scoring lots of points,   potentially making lots of players,  parents, and boosters really happy.

Lumberjackfan1978

If you have the QB good receivers and a good running Back and decent line the spread works

RZback

Quote from: Lumberjackfan1978 on June 18, 2017, 09:19:26 pm
If you have the QB good receivers and a good running Back and decent line the spread works

If you have real good players at all those positions any offense works.

BM22

With the limited amount of talent the Miners have, the T formation will be their best bet for sure. Need to work on fundamentals, timing, discipine and footwork. Still gonna be a tough go.

I talked to a Miner dad and he said Bauxite will go between 6-4 and 8-2 this year. Sad part is he was dead serious. Ain't happenning! Lol.  Also over heard some oldtimers, last year,  telling one of the studs from the '06-'07 teams that this current group of sophomores and juniors are the best and toughest group he has ever seen come thru Bauxite. All that former player said was "oh really".  I know that blew him away. They do have some good koolaid down there in the Pit, I guess. Another reality check is coming very soon. Lol

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: BM22 on June 19, 2017, 03:25:44 am
With the limited amount of talent the Miners have, the T formation will be their best bet for sure. Need to work on fundamentals, timing, discipine and footwork. Still gonna be a tough go.

I talked to a Miner dad and he said Bauxite will go between 6-4 and 8-2 this year. Sad part is he was dead serious. Ain't happenning! Lol.  Also over heard some oldtimers, last year,  telling one of the studs from the '06-'07 teams that this current group of sophomores and juniors are the best and toughest group he has ever seen come thru Bauxite. All that former player said was "oh really".  I know that blew him away. They do have some good koolaid down there in the Pit, I guess. Another reality check is coming very soon. Lol

If Patton can stick around. He will get the program into that direction.

BM22

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on June 19, 2017, 09:22:27 am
If Patton can stick around. He will get the program into that direction.
Yeah, that is what a turnaround hinges upon. Just depends on how long DP stays.

Lumberjackfan1978

Quote from: RZback on June 18, 2017, 10:58:37 pm
If you have real good players at all those positions any offense works.
true if you have the right coach.The spread is a exciting offense to watch

Lumberjackfan1978

Quote from: BM22 on June 19, 2017, 10:33:06 am
Yeah, that is what a turnaround hinges upon. Just depends on how long DP stays.
I really hope DP hangs around a few years.I think if he does he will turn the program around.

Iknewthemwhen

Don't count on that.  I bet he is gone as soon as he can find a job at a bigger school.

Lumberjackfan1978

Quote from: Iknewthemwhen on June 20, 2017, 10:57:15 am
Don't count on that.  I bet he is gone as soon as he can find a job at a bigger school.
oh yeah I believe if he gets a offer at a bigger school he will be gone

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas