• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hampton Coach

Started by SOUTHARK99, April 19, 2017, 12:09:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SOUTHARK99

Any news on the Hampton Coach John Kinley that was charged with forging the will of a deep water horizon guy. Is Hampton going to keep him next year

southarkdaddy

These rumors are about the basketball coach not the football coach

Delta_Bravo

THE TRIAL HAS BEEN MOVED TO SEPT. 11 SO IM SURE THERE WILL BE NO CHANGE IN THE COACHING STAFF.

NWA Hawg

Quote from: Delta_Bravo on April 19, 2017, 12:39:42 pm
THE TRIAL HAS BEEN MOVED TO SEPT. 11 SO IM SURE THERE WILL BE NO CHANGE IN THE COACHING STAFF.

Wow! Have not heard about this. It doesn't matter if the trail date had been changed or not to me. I don't see how you can keep a guy who is under federal investigation for wire fraud. A guy who was in on the purchasing and signing of a fake will in order for his family to gain profit is not someone I would want working with my kids.

OB11

Is this football or basketball?

NWA Hawg

Quote from: OB11 on April 19, 2017, 12:54:48 pm
Is this football or basketball?

Sounds like it's the basketball coach. Not a good look for the school either way.

SOUTHARK99

Wow! Great representative of the Hampton school.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: fann07 on April 19, 2017, 12:52:42 pm
Wow! Have not heard about this. It doesn't matter if the trail date had been changed or not to me. I don't see how you can keep a guy who is under federal investigation for wire fraud. A guy who was in on the purchasing and signing of a fake will in order for his family to gain profit is not someone I would want working with my kids.
Pretty sure you can't fire someone for being accused and before they go to trial.

HG Hornet

Quote from: Oldman on April 19, 2017, 02:27:34 pm
Pretty sure you can't fire someone for being accused and before they go to trial.
Innocent until proven guilty, but definitely a black eye to a high school coach and to the school.  I happen to know Coach John Kinley personally and although I have not spoken with him about these matters, I believe that his wife and her sister (sister-in-law) and her husband (brother-in-law) are at the roots of all of this. 

Honestly guys, how many times have you signed something that your wife gave you without reading it?  My opinions are that is what happened to him.  He is still a friend of mine.     

SOUTHARK99

Right he didn't know he signed a will for a family friend that got killed two days before he signed it. He sounds like a real winner

NWA Hawg

Quote from: SOUTHARK99 on April 19, 2017, 04:04:10 pm
Right he didn't know he signed a will for a family friend that got killed two days before he signed it. He sounds like a real winner

I agree. Not only did he sign it, he dated it for almost a year earlier. I guess he forgot what the month, day, and year was when he signed it too? He seems to be as deeply ROOTED in the problem as anyone. 

NWA Hawg

Quote from: Oldman on April 19, 2017, 02:27:34 pm

You may not can terminate them mid year but I don't believe a non renewal is out of the question. The Arkansas Fair Teachers Dismissal Act is very lenient when it comes to this kind of thing. There are teachers/coaches everyday that are fired or placed on administrative leave for just accusations let alone charges.       

Backwoods Bart

April 19, 2017, 08:57:33 pm #13 Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 11:47:28 am by Backwoods Bart
Not good for the team

dawgpound

I can assure this is being handled by the book and I bet you the schools lawyers are well aware of the situation and giving advice

southarkdaddy

They'd better hire him a qualified assistant coach, just in case.

dawgpound

Coach Mark Young just came on board as a              "football coach "👍🏼

NWA Hawg

Quote from: dawgpound on April 20, 2017, 09:17:15 am
Coach Mark Young just came on board as a              "football coach "👍🏼
Mark Young the former girls coach at Parkers Chapel? I thought he was retiring?

dawgpound

He is from coaching girls basketball

NWA Hawg

Quote from: dawgpound on April 20, 2017, 09:22:10 am
He is from coaching girls basketball

Ok wow. I have talked with Coach Young a many of times over the years and I never thought he would have any interest in coaching football or boys basketball.

southarkdaddy

Quote from: fann07 on April 20, 2017, 09:24:50 am
Ok wow. I have talked with Coach Young a many of times over the years and I never thought he would have any interest in coaching football or boys basketball.

He's coached football for several years. 

dawgpound

He helped with football up until a few years ago I guess he is just ready for a change of pace

idakid

The head football coach needs more help than a assistant can offer...

Dr. Defense

Quote from: dawgpound on April 20, 2017, 10:16:10 am
He helped with football up until a few years ago I guess he is just ready for a change of pace

Yea he coached it at PC for a while.....wasn't he at Hampton before? or at least lived there maybe? It seems like he told me something like that one time

dawgpound

Yea he coached here before moving to PC

Dr. Defense

Quote from: dawgpound on April 20, 2017, 02:54:56 pm
Yea he coached here before moving to PC

👍🏻 that's what I thought

big E

I had an assistant football coach back in the 80's at Palestine whose name was John kinly. Any chance this is the same guy?

Hgalum50

Quote from: big E on April 24, 2017, 05:28:02 am
I had an assistant football coach back in the 80's at Palestine whose name was John kinly. Any chance this is the same guy?
Not the same guy he was at HG for a long time!

WHITEchicken

If I'm not mistaken he was at Palestine for a year or two. I think I remember him saying that before.

big E

He was at Palestine for 1 year With Gary Waymon. 87/88 school year.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas