• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

8AA 2017

Started by SOUTHARK99, April 13, 2017, 05:58:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SOUTHARK99

The top four from this conference will all be good. I think preseason top pick has to go to CHG after that Bearden Rison and Hampton. It will be hard to go undefeated in this conference this year.

old.dole

I'll take Bearden on a game winning drive over the grove followed by ridin and Hampton as the 4 seed

HG Hornet

CHG, Bearden, Rison, and Hampton will be 1,2,3,4, but not necessarily in that order.  My personal opinion is that when CHG goes to Bearden in early October, it will most likely decide the conference championship.  But we're talking about a game in October and it's April now so I'm gonna just leave it at that and not stir the pot this early. LOTS of things can happen between now and then. 

SOUTHARK99

I hope Bearden can pull out the conference title. I bet the Hootens puts Rison as the preseason fav.

HG Hornet

I think it'll be Hampton as the pre-season #1, but I don't expect them to make the run that they made last year because this year........."He gone." 

SOUTHARK99

I just think Hootens loves Rison and they beat y'all last year. Hampton does have a lot of returning starters but they will miss Monta. I talked to the Bearden coach and he believes this is their year. I also talked to a Hampton guy and he said they should be in the running for state weight lifting championship.

HG Hornet

Bearden, Hampton, and Rison will all be good and CHG will be tough to stop offensively.  I believe this will be CHG's year, but whoever wins the conference this year will have three tough opponents to have to face. 

Backwoods Bart

April 17, 2017, 02:11:01 am #7 Last Edit: April 17, 2017, 02:52:12 pm by Backwoods Bart

2017 will finally be the year of the Bearden Bears! Look for the line to average close to 300# across the front, on certain packages, and that will aid Tyler Berry to do just about anything he wants to on the ground. In the air, the bears will have the ability to spread the defense as well.
Bearden should run the 8AA table seeking redemption for several years of near misses. The next two to finish are a toss up, but I will go with Rison, followed by CHG without their veteran QB, then maybe Hampton IMO. The 8 will be competitive!

Rida4Life

Talent-wise it should come down to Grove and Bearden.  but never count Rison out.  Hampton will be solid but I think everyone will have them circled on their calendars this year after all that went down last season.

SOUTHARK99

I agree Hampton is going to get knocked around this year.

bobthebuilder

I expect Hampton to still be competitive...there is still good talent there, but I don't expect anyone to run the table.  I agree that Bearden, HG, and Rison have outstanding talent and will all go far.  I'm already looking forward to the season.

HG Hornet

Quote from: bobthebuilder on April 19, 2017, 10:22:47 am
I expect Hampton to still be competitive...there is still good talent there, but I don't expect anyone to run the table.  I agree that Bearden, HG, and Rison have outstanding talent and will all go far.  I'm already looking forward to the season.
Me too. 

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: bobthebuilder on April 19, 2017, 10:22:47 am
Hermitage have anyone that can help you?

dawgpound

Quote from: Oldman on April 20, 2017, 07:52:02 am
we got a few on our radar

Dr. Defense

Here we go round 2! and I didn't even start it this time

dawgpound

Fun for all ages for years to come

bobthebuilder

Bearden this year, Pops.

bobthebuilder

Quote from: Dr. Defense on April 20, 2017, 10:22:50 am
Here we go round 2! and I didn't even start it this time
I guess it had to be done.

Backwoods Bart

Quote from: bobthebuilder on April 20, 2017, 11:57:48 am
Bearden this year, Pops.

Ahh, transfers. That's a hot topic now day's, isn't it.

Backwoods Bart

I still can't get over the fact that dawgpound made over 600 post in 1 year. He should have been in line for a FF award of some type!

Jimbo Morphis

bobthebuilder

Quote from: Backwoods Bart on April 20, 2017, 12:17:44 pm
Ahh, transfers. That's a hot topic now day's, isn't it.
Yessir....seems to be all some folks want to talk about.

Delta_Bravo

YEAH WE GOT ONE THIS WEEK. MY SON SAID HE STARTED FOR THEM LAST YEAR HE WILL BE A JR.

Dr. Defense

HAHAHA well I'll just sit back and enjoy the show

Backwoods Bart

Quote from: Delta_Bravo on April 20, 2017, 01:16:01 pm
YEAH WE GOT ONE THIS WEEK. MY SON SAID HE STARTED FOR THEM LAST YEAR HE WILL BE A JR.
Your caps lock is on there . Just saying

Backwoods Bart

Daybreak in Africa...
The Lion knows he must run faster than the slowest Gazelle to survive...
The Gazelle knows he has to run faster than the fastest Lion..
The point here is, when the sun comes up, you better be running! Lol
Sometimes thinning the heard is a good thing. Wink, wink!

Backwoods Bart

transfer 4 weeks before the end of the school term.  get out of here with that

dawgpound

Spring practice Bert

Backwoods Bart

Quote from: dawgpound on April 20, 2017, 08:14:11 pm
Spring practice Bert
Don't have time to bring in the translator for you Hamp guys, but did i tell you about who is about to

SOUTHARK99

Looks like the 8 will not be the same after this year CHG and Rison will move up to 3A

Backwoods Bart

Congrats to Bearden speedster Sontania Lawson. Won the 2AA 110H, on to the meet of champions.

dawgpound

Quote from: SOUTHARK99 on May 02, 2017, 10:26:54 pm
Looks like the 8 will not be the same after this year CHG and Rison will move up to 3A
Hate to see them leave the conference will definitely be weaker

SOUTHARK99

In one projection it has CHG staying in 2A.

NWA Hawg

Quote from: SOUTHARK99 on May 03, 2017, 12:36:03 pm

Thats for all sport outside of football.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: SOUTHARK99 on May 03, 2017, 12:36:03 pm

Official numbers are out, man.

CHG and Rison are going to 3A-6. lol.

The 2a-8 gains fordyce though.

SOUTHARK99

So who else will join the 8 other than Fordyce

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: SOUTHARK99 on May 03, 2017, 05:55:54 pm
So who else will join the 8 other than Fordyce

If I saw correctly... Geographically speaking... Gurdon is the only option to replace one of them.

dawgpound

That wouldn't be to bad

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on May 03, 2017, 05:57:50 pm
If I saw correctly... Geographically speaking... Gurdon is the only option to replace one of them.

All depends on what the AAA decides to do with yellville.....they could blow up some current conferences and shuffle everyone from there....or could completely give yellville football the shaft and put them on the road to hot springs or Jonesboro...

stuck in between

I figure Gurdon will go back to the 7 where they came from.

Rida4Life

Lafayette County would be the closest geographically.  They are already grouped in with the majority of this conference in winter and spring sports... so you would think that makes the most sense... but we ARE talking about the AAA so who knows.

Proud Buckaroo

Yeah, you're right. I forgot about LC. They used to play in that conference years ago when Smackover was still in 2A.

dawgpound

Word on the street is junction has or is protesting their move and trying to come back down

Backwoods Bart

Quote from: dawgpound on May 04, 2017, 09:18:31 pm
Word on the street is junction has or is protesting their move and trying to come

There is a direct correlation between purple shirt sales and winning ...or not!

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: dawgpound on May 04, 2017, 09:18:31 pm
Word on the street is junction has or is protesting their move and trying to come back down

No word on the street.

It's absolutely true. They are appealing the numbers because AAA doubled the LA kids number.

Which gives them 30 more students that they are supposed to have.

Rida4Life

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on May 04, 2017, 09:57:55 pm
No word on the street.

It's absolutely true. They are appealing the numbers because AAA doubled the LA kids number.

Which gives them 30 more students that they are supposed to have.

Which is totally fair if you ask me.  The charter they have for the Louisiana kids gives them an unfair advantage and should make them be treated more like a private school. 
I mean, can you imagine if PC got a charter to get 30 kids from Claiborne parish?  Go down to Haynesville and pluck 30 kids.... you can't tell me that would be fair... but it's basically what JC does.

NWA Hawg

Quote from: Rida4Life on May 05, 2017, 07:55:21 am
Which is totally fair if you ask me.  The charter they have for the Louisiana kids gives them an unfair advantage and should make them be treated more like a private school. 
I mean, can you imagine if PC got a charter to get 30 kids from Claiborne parish?  Go down to Haynesville and pluck 30 kids.... you can't tell me that would be fair... but it's basically what JC does.

I can guarantee they aren't plucking any football players from Haynesville. For all the winning tradition junction has Haynesville as 2 and 3 times as many.

Rida4Life

Quote from: fann07 on May 05, 2017, 09:30:34 am
I can guarantee they aren't plucking any football players from Haynesville. For all the winning tradition junction has Haynesville as 2 and 3 times as many.

You TOTALLY missed my point.  I know there is no reason on earth for Haynesville athletes to ever want to come to PC... just comparing that scenario to JC and the kids they get. 

dawgpound

How is any of it different than school of choice here in Arkansas it's not there are 4 different schools who run busses into Calhoun county to pick kids up

NWA Hawg

Quote from: dawgpound on May 05, 2017, 10:53:25 am
How is any of it different than school of choice here in Arkansas it's not there are 4 different schools who run busses into Calhoun county to pick kids up

It's not. People just need an excuse!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas