• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Top Returners in 2A next year

Started by jrhall2, March 30, 2017, 10:59:43 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jrhall2

Ok guys what players around the state who really impressed you this year are returning to wreak more havoc on the court next year?

4real

From what I remember, Earle's girls return their nucleus.

Dogg

Earle girls loose 1 senior and the boys will 3peat

NEark tigers

The Bulldog Dynasty is here....

Last two years:

Girls: 57-14 (80.2%), one world championship

Boys: 63-9 (87.5%), two world championships

southarkdaddy

Bearden Boys will be very good again.

BigBob

Spring Hill girls return all 5 starters. 2 good district move ins. Best player was a sophomore.

Dogg

Earle started a freshman, 2 sophomores, 2 juniors

old.dole

Bearden returns everyone as well. I would consider them to be the top contender to take down the mighty Earle

Dogg

Not going to happen. Earle will be better next year!!

old.dole

Maybe so but the bears are still the top contender in my book

Dogg

They will be a contender but Earle will 3 Peat!! Bring on the Bears

NEark tigers

Quote from: old.dole on April 02, 2017, 09:52:28 pm
Maybe so but the bears are still the top contender in my book
Is this the same team that got rolled by MT.....yeah right

old.dole

Yep. Same one. I was there live and in person. It was a game until the coach got tossed. Then the wheels came flying off. Not saying the bears would have won the game but it def wouldn't have ended the way it did

Bigditchlion

Lighthouse if those 2 young guys stay.

MomaLion

Quote from: old.dole on April 04, 2017, 05:31:39 pm
Yep. Same one. I was there live and in person. It was a game until the coach got tossed. Then the wheels came flying off. Not saying the bears would have won the game but it def wouldn't have ended the way it did
If it's predominately the same team returning, I'd go with Earle every day of the week...if, however, y'all have some weapons moving up...who knows.

MomaLion

Clarendon graduates both post players so that will hurt, but return about everyone else...plus i'm hearing about some move ins but that's just hearsay at this point....we were young this past season, so I look for bigger things in 17/18.

old.dole

Earle is without a doubt the favorite I'm not questioning that at all. I just think Bearden has the best chance to beat them

gatecrasher

Do not count out CMS. Ryan Brown will be the new PG in place of Chris Babb. Brown made all conference as a freshman this year.
Right now it's tough to say they will make as deep a run as they did this year but they have a lot of guys tjat played extensively off the bench, and they can shoot.

NWA Hawg

Quote from: gatecrasher on May 06, 2017, 08:53:18 pm
Do not count out CMS. Ryan Brown will be the new PG in place of Chris Babb. Brown made all conference as a freshman this year.
Right now it's tough to say they will make as deep a run as they did this year but they have a lot of guys tjat played extensively off the bench, and they can shoot.

Who all did CMS lose? How many starters do they have coming back?

BasketballFan2A

they only have one starter coming back

AT

STATGUYQHS

Quote from: Almatrackster on May 08, 2017, 06:57:38 pm
No mention of Quitman?
Lost 3 starters,  Plenty of talent coming back next year. We have plenty girls who can step up and contribute.

Ctucker

WCC has 4 starters returning and the Finley kid came back home from Riverview! I would think this would make us a top 5 team.

da greatest bigbaby

Of course Clarendon you guys got 2 Arkansas top 40 players k Johnson an jr Malik Cartwright he is about 6'4 ro Richard Knox cousin off that state runner up squad 30-1  we return 3 starters from Last year team we lost 2 state champs Earle n the the tough east regionals in Carlisle close game til late loss by 9 an loss in the state to cutter ms/hot springs they were rank'd no.1 all year 2a they went 25-1

MomaLion

Don't forget about Nunn, he's been working this summer and has great ball handling skills and Bonner will be an asset.

bdubyab60

Earles biggest challenge will be complacency. Murray will keep them hungry though especially in post season time.

Dogg

Earle will have something it was missing last year. A true point guard with a mean handle that can shoot, drive and dish. Best PG to hit the floor in Earle since Willie Poo Loo Thomas. Dogs on a mission to 3peat.

old.dole

Anyone want to start a too early top 10?

BigBob

Not sure about boys, but my Girls top 10 would look something like this:

1. Earle
2. Camden Harmony Grove
3. Carlisle
4. Spring Hill
5. Marmaduke
6. Quitman
7. Pangburn
8. Blevins
9. Caddo Hills
10. Jc-Westside

Cheek

Quote from: BigBob on July 24, 2017, 04:16:31 pm
Not sure about boys, but my Girls top 10 would look something like this:

1. Earle
2. Camden Harmony Grove
3. Carlisle
4. Spring Hill
5. Marmaduke
6. Quitman
7. Pangburn
8. Blevins
9. Caddo Hills
10. Jc-Westside

1. Quitman
2.  Earle
3.  Marmaduke
4.  Carlisle
5.  Pangburn
6.  CHG
7. Spring Hill
8.  England
9 . Caddo Hills
10.  Blevins

BigMan15

Top 5 for Boys
1. Earle
2. Lighthouse
3. Bearden
4. EPC
5. Lavaca

PapaHog

Spring Hill girls at 4 may be too high. Blevins girls in the top 10 may be too high. No love for the south.

Ctucker

Boys 1 Earle 2 lighthouse 3 WCC 4 Bearden 5 EPC

bdubyab60

Thanks for the respect guys but unless we get some move ins EPC will be down this year. Brown, Reed and Barnes all graduated and not much coming in behind it.

Ctucker

Quote from: bdubyab60 on July 26, 2017, 07:05:01 pm
Thanks for the respect guys but unless we get some move ins EPC will be down this year. Brown, Reed and Barnes all graduated and not much coming in behind it.
I put y'all in because yalls always there in the end!

RATTLER43

Glad to see White County in there.  I think they bring back the core of a really fine group.
I also like what the young coach at Lavaca has built there.
But I agree that Earle and Lighthouse have the talent to put together a deep run.

Ctucker

WCC brings back 4 staters 3 juniors 1 senior and we lost big boy put we had a kid transfer back to our school from Riverview he lives in our district and he is a stud about 6-6 and can stroke it. Plus have a couple of really good 10 graders 1 of them played a lot in regionals and state last year.

Ctucker

We also have beat lighthouse every time we played them. But they do have a lot of talent but not real discipline.

RATTLER43

Understood. Hope it comes together for you guys at state tournament this year.

hogtastics

CMS has a sophomore guard, Ryan Brown. He was moved up as a freshman and named all-conference off of a 31-2 team. He's impressive and one to keep an eye on for sure.

Ctucker

trojanman

6'9" Josh Osborn from Parkers Chapel is one to watch for as well. Has a lot of skill around him making doubling him almost impossible

HoopKing

Quote from: Cheek on July 24, 2017, 07:10:44 pm
1. Quitman
2.  Earle
3.  Marmaduke
4.  Carlisle
5.  Pangburn
6.  CHG
7. Spring Hill
8.  England
9 . Caddo Hills
10.  Blevins

I would agree with most of that but I would put Carlisle ahead of Marmaduke this time. It is still the best 4 teams from last year

Ventman

Warren will be back for Carlisle, they should've good agin this year.

Bildo

Cheek's rankings look pretty good. Hopefully everyone stays healthy and plays to their potential. If that happens... look out! There will be some shoot outs!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas