• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Spring Hill Boys Coach job opening

Started by BigBob, March 15, 2017, 10:28:03 am

Previous topic - Next topic

BigBob

Coach Whatley takes over all the girls teams, 7-12 and Leaves the boys open 7-12. Job should be posted soon. Next years 7th,10th,12th grade has a ton of potential. Hope they get someone who will put in good work with them. They have talent, just need someone to work with them the way Whatley Works with the girls team.

redbear90

I'd sure like to have that job. Filling out an application right now.

BigBob

March 16, 2017, 08:49:05 am #2 Last Edit: March 16, 2017, 08:55:31 am by BigBob
Get it in! There's some potential down there in south Hempstead county. They do need a culture change. Well the boys athletics does anyways. If those kids could get focused on bball, or even fball the way they do about deer, duck, turkey hunting etc.. they could win a lot

PapaHog

March 16, 2017, 05:25:17 pm #3 Last Edit: March 17, 2017, 03:46:06 pm by PapaHog

PapaHog

Heard they called a former employee that worked with the Poole boys to apply for the job.

NWA Hawg

Quote from: PapaHog on March 16, 2017, 07:51:11 pm
Heard they called a former employee that worked with the Poole boys to apply for the job.
Do you know the name?

BigBob

BigBob

March 17, 2017, 09:08:21 am #7 Last Edit: March 17, 2017, 09:14:34 am by BigBob
He's the only assnt.  Coach Poole really ever had that had any kinda  basketball knowledge, and he didn't have much.

BigBob

I'm hearing something about a marshal guy getting the job.. hand picked by McBride for football purposes. Booo!!!!

PapaHog

Yeah Marshall may be the guy. Proves how much they really care about the success of the program.

redbear90

Sounds about right. Nevermind on sending that application in.

BigBob

School board doesn't want Marshall, AD does. School board and COMMUNITY want a basketball guy through and through.

PapaHog

Well I know a young guy that's perfect for the job and says he wants it. 😎

BigBob

PapaHog

Any good names applied? Or do you know?

redbear90

23? Sure hope they get somebody good. Those boys deserve a good basketball coach.

bluebear

I've heard many of the applicants are young coachs. But one older more experienced from north ark should get an automatic interview! Not gonna give his name, but he would be a good get! Me, personally,  wish they'd give Coach Kelton from Blevins a blank check and get him to come to the Hill. Blevins boys are on the way down. SH Jr. Boys beat them by 19.

southarkdaddy

Generally speaking, basketball coaches love being at schools that don't play football.

BigBob

March 18, 2017, 04:41:58 pm #18 Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 11:16:58 pm by BigBob
They are wanting a assistant in football too. Doubt Kelton would go for that.  Need someone young, with energy that wants to put in the work with them. And Somone they can relate to on and off court. But make them walk the line on discipline issues as well. Since coach carter has left the discipline at that place has dropped. No accountability. As said before, Culture Change!!!!!

BasketballFan2A

Quote from: bluebear on March 18, 2017, 02:56:44 pm
I've heard many of the applicants are young coachs. But one older more experienced from north ark should get an automatic interview! Not gonna give his name, but he would be a good get! Me, personally,  wish they'd give Coach Kelton from Blevins a blank check and get him to come to the Hill. Blevins boys are on the way down. SH Jr. Boys beat them by 19.
You're kidding me lol

BigBob

Blevins boys beat days are behind them. Had a great team in '14 put couldn't get it done. I've watched their boy teams play from 5th-12th this season and just didn't see anything out of the ordinary. Kelton is a job jumper, always has been. SH needs someone to help with football, so he wouldn't be it. He is one of
The best coaches around tho. Blevins better enjoy him while they can.

redbear90

Someone don't have their facts straight. Kelton was at delight since like the early 90's. Believe he started in southeast early in his career. So no, never been a job jumper. Maybe you're thinking of the girls Coach. Hall has been numerous places only staying a few years before he moves on to another job. He wouldn't go to SH anyways, he's getting close to retirement so he's not leaving Blevins until he retires.

PapaHog

"Around" is a small distance if Kelton is one of the best around. Always average at best in Delight and when Emmet and Delight closed he lucked into all of that talent coming together. That doesn't make him the best around. He's not even the best coach at his own school for that matter.

BigBob

Around as in SW Arkansas. He is well respected around the state.

AirItOut21

Quote from: PapaHog on March 25, 2017, 02:58:51 pm
"Around" is a small distance if Kelton is one of the best around. Always average at best in Delight and when Emmet and Delight closed he lucked into all of that talent coming together. That doesn't make him the best around. He's not even the best coach at his own school for that matter.

It is hilarious to watch a head coach hide anonymously behind a screen name and talk bad about another head coach. You probably haven't had half of the success that Kelton has had but you get on here and degrade a very good coach as if you are the best in the state. Ha

PapaHog

None of that was said. The real coaching job at Blevins is what Hall has done with the girls. They were awful when he took over. No coach can win without talent, but y'all are talking him up to be the greatest thing since sliced bread, and I just think there are far better coaches in South Arkansas than Kelton. Some of y'all just don't venture outside of 1 and 2A basketball very much. Wins and losses don't make the coach.

AirItOut21

Quote from: PapaHog on March 25, 2017, 05:13:01 pm
None of that was said. The real coaching job at Blevins is what Hall has done with the girls. They were awful when he took over. No coach can win without talent, but y'all are talking him up to be the greatest thing since sliced bread, and I just think there are far better coaches in South Arkansas than Kelton. Some of y'all just don't venture outside of 1 and 2A basketball very much. Wins and losses don't make the coach.

Ok let's talk X's and O's. What does Kelton do or not do that you disagree with? Since we are throwing out wins and losses which Kelton has an outstanding record while at Blevins.

Also I am well versed in multiple classifications and have seen a lot of basketball around the state. I'm sure I have even seen your team play. So where do you coach at?

PapaHog

X's and O's don't matter either. Loved when he went flex with that group a couple of years ago. I never said I disagree with anything he does and I acknowledged that he's won at Blevins. I never said he was a bad coach. I'm simply saying that he's not "the best around" in my opinion.

AirItOut21

Quote from: PapaHog on March 25, 2017, 05:46:25 pm
X's and O's don't matter either. Loved when he went flex with that group a couple of years ago. I never said I disagree with anything he does and I acknowledged that he's won at Blevins. I never said he was a bad coach. I'm simply saying that he's not "the best around" in my opinion.

Who is better in southwest Arkansas? Where do you coach at?

southarkdaddy

Blevins has a good coach, but he also gets to start coaching in August whereas most coaches in his league start in late November.

PapaHog

Scottie Pennington is one of the best around, but he learned from one of the best. Smith down in Kirby is a good one. Derrick Harrell. If we want to jump over to women's basketball, Becky Brown is a good one. Henderson down at Chapel.

AirItOut21

Quote from: PapaHog on March 25, 2017, 06:41:21 pm
Scottie Pennington is one of the best around, but he learned from one of the best. Smith down in Kirby is a good one. Derrick Harrell. If we want to jump over to women's basketball, Becky Brown is a good one. Henderson down at Chapel.

Star City and Watson Chapel are in southwest Arkansas?

Derrick Harrell? The same guy who hasn't had a winning season at Camden Fairview? That guy is a better coach than Kelton? Lol

So where do you coach at? Would love to give you my opinion of how good you are as a coach. Still hiding anonymously behind a screen name

PapaHog

So wins and losses make you a good coach? Harrell is a great coach. But if you want go that route, it's also the same guy that has 2 state championships. Since only wins and losses matter.

AirItOut21

Quote from: PapaHog on March 25, 2017, 06:52:59 pm
So wins and losses make you a good coach? Harrell is a great coach. But if you want go that route, it's also the same guy that has 2 state championships. Since only wins and losses matter.

Na I have seen the guy coach and not being able to break .500 at Camden Fairview isn't very good.

So where do you coach at? Still hiding behind a screen name

PapaHog

We don't take into account that he was down 4 starters this year and contended for conference? Okay. I'm done

bluebear

Kelton wins games, his teams play hard and do the little things right.  (While at Blevins, I can't speak for other tenures) he beat the best team in 2A I '14, that being JC. And just fell short against England in the quarterfinals. Since this is the 2A board he is one of the best coaches in 2A.

PapaHog

He absolutely outcoached JC in 14 in the regional finals.

Ole Man River

Benny Harris at Bradley is a good coach in SW Arkansas

PapaHog

Benny has been around for years! I always wanted to sit in on one of his practices back in the late 2000's and see him get after those boys.

old.dole

Heard there is a couple young coaches being strongly considered. One of them would be a great hire. Hope that's who they go with

NWA Hawg

Quote from: old.dole on April 02, 2017, 12:38:10 pm
Heard there is a couple young coaches being strongly considered. One of them would be a great hire. Hope that's who they go with

Any names?

PapaHog

BigBob

They have their top 2. Young Coach from Camden or A coach From Gosnell. Interviews this week.

NWA Hawg

Quote from: BigBob on April 03, 2017, 11:18:41 am
They have their top 2. Young Coach from Camden or A coach From Gosnell. Interviews this week.

Camden Fairview?

PapaHog

BigBob

Yes, Camden Fairview. I beilve he is from emmet. Not far from SH. Good guy from what I've heard.

old.dole

That's the one I was referring too. I didn't want to put his name out there. His uncle was telling me about it. Class guy. Would be a great hire imo

Basketballfan13

The young coach from Camden is a great guy and would be an excellent hire for spring hill. He's also from the area and would probably be looking to stay for long term.

OB11

Quote from: BigBob on April 03, 2017, 11:18:41 am

It's not Gosnell's head coach is it??

BigBob

It's their Jr. High coach, I believe.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas