• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4A STATE Local Flavor and Guide

Started by Brian G, February 26, 2017, 10:33:50 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian G

February 26, 2017, 10:33:50 am Last Edit: February 26, 2017, 10:36:35 am by B.G.
Post any info for fans here that might be useful.  That can be directions, hotels, food places and more.

Brian G

Also share website, facebook, twitter, live feed and broadcast links relevant to this event.

~WPS~

Scrapper Arena
Address:  1301 Mount Pleasant Drive, Nashville, AR.
Arena is next to the high school and football stadium.

Hotels
Southern Belle Inn is the only hotel in Nashville, it's nice. Hope and  Murfreesboro have options and are only 15-30 minutes away.

Food (In Nashville)
Fishermans Cove
Western Sizzlin
Starz
Rick's Hickory House
Papa Pablanos
Los Agaves
La Villa
Simple Simons Pizza
KFC
Sonic
McDonalds
Subway
China Buffet
Pizza Hut

There will be a baseball tournament going on Thursday-Saturday as well. If you get bored, you will because it's Nashville, check out some good high school baseball. Due to two tournaments going on, places may be more crowded than normal.

If anyone has any questions or needs directions just let me know. Hope everyone has a safe trip and enjoys their time in Nashville!

hasbeen03

In-laws live in Nashville and every time we visit we eat at 3 places: Simple Simon's, La Villa and Fisherman's Cove. I actually prefer Pablano's to La Villa because I like their yellow cheese dip better than the white stuff, but, the wife...... Haha.

If you're up for about a 45 min. drive you can go to Ashdown and get some GOOOOOOOOOD catfish/steak/chicken at the Fish Bowl.

~WPS~

February 28, 2017, 06:52:00 pm #4 Last Edit: February 28, 2017, 06:53:57 pm by ~WPS~
I agree about Pablanos lol. The Fish Bowl is a very good and popular place. It's just past Millwood Lake on Highway 32. Really only about 30 minutes from Nashville.

Coach DePriest, Sheridan

~WPS~

StevenGlen

Had a great lunch yesterday at Simple Simon's.  I really enjoy their calizones and or strombolis that go out on the buffet.  In fact while I did get the buffet, all I had was salad and calizone slices. 

I may leave early for my game broadcasts so that I have time to stop and try Fisherman's Cove. 

The good folks at Nashville are putting on a fine event.

Gray lizard

Steven you get lunch or dinner where ever you want.  I will pick up the tab.  Thanks for doing a great job on the broadcast for the Pottsville fans that can't make the games.

StevenGlen

Thank you for the kind offer.  I'd rather have a cup of coffee and talk hoops, or other sports.  The radio station, and the Pottsville Schools take very good care of me when I'm on the road.  It brings me joy to hear others enjoy my broadcasting of the games.  Thank you for listening!

Gray lizard

I am not going to be able to tune in Saturday.  I plan on watching both games live. When a school has two teams in the final four. You have to show them your support. Thanks for a great job.

StevenGlen

Thank you to everyone working the Tournament.  It was a my honor to call the Pottsville games from Scrapper Arena.  Nice event. 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas