• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Centerpoint

Started by Robot Chicken, February 21, 2017, 09:16:15 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Robot Chicken

I was at the district basketball tournament this past weekend and I noticed the Centerpoint fans are the most ridiculous people I have ever been around. They are unclassy, rude, idiotic, and just stupid. Some of the things they say to officials is just beyond mentioning. They even have people who sit by them roll their eyes when they say some of the stupidest things. Its sad because they have good coaching staff their kids play hard and the idiot fans ruin this for the kids and gives the Centerpoint School district a bad reputation. Admin needs to step up and get control of these. Best thing for someone to do is record them and show them how dumb they are and maybe they will realize it and shut up so they wont look so ignorant.

Wolfpack68

Someone finally came out and said it! Amen Robot Chicken

KOJACK

I was shocked honestly. I saw a grown man talking noise across the gym to a high school girl. I saw another group of people yelling and belittling a kid for fouling out. They were up 10 with like a minute left and they were going ham on an obvious call. I don't think I've ever seen anything like it. I'm kinda surprised because I know the majority of their coaches don't conduct business that way...

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Robot Chicken on February 21, 2017, 09:16:15 am
I was at the district basketball tournament this past weekend and I noticed the Centerpoint fans are the most ridiculous people I have ever been around. They are unclassy, rude, idiotic, and just stupid. Some of the things they say to officials is just beyond mentioning. They even have people who sit by them roll their eyes when they say some of the stupidest things. Its sad because they have good coaching staff their kids play hard and the idiot fans ruin this for the kids and gives the Centerpoint School district a bad reputation. Admin needs to step up and get control of these. Best thing for someone to do is record them and show them how dumb they are and maybe they will realize it and shut up so they wont look so ignorant.
What part of the administration would you suggest handle it and how would they do this?

Robot Chicken

Whoever is in charge of that at the school. When they start acting that way go tell them to leave or act right. Pretty simple

teachers pet

Who won the district tournament and what was the score?

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Robot Chicken on February 21, 2017, 09:53:27 am
Whoever is in charge of that at the school. When they start acting that way go tell them to leave or act right. Pretty simple
Pretty sure no one from a visiting school has the legal authority to throw an adult out of a gym. I'm in favor of shipping all stupid people to Louisiana but that's just me.

BoxNOne

Oldman, not sure Louisiana would hold all of them these days!

KOJACK

Quote from: teachers pet on February 21, 2017, 10:33:56 am
Who won the district tournament and what was the score?
Centerpoint by 10 ish

no mascot

I wonder if this thread would have been created if centerpoint had lost!

KOJACK

I would assume yes...if they act that way when they win, how do you think they act when they lose???

Sick Dog

NewRecruit

Quote from: no mascot on February 21, 2017, 08:43:03 pm
I wonder if this thread would have been created if centerpoint had lost!
No it would not have. It sounds to me like somebody is just a little but hurt because their beloved Prescott team did not get what they wanted.  I have a lot of friends in Prescott, but for them to be calling out somebody is beyond me.

NewRecruit

Since you started this let's just go there.  I have seen Centerpoint play, and from what I have seen they do yell at the officials, and when someone brings something on themselves (players, and coaches) they let them have it too (just like most schools). However, I have been told a few things happened over the past few weeks that may have stirred some things up between these 2 schools.  You see, the conference voted on the seeding for district because of the new AAA conference alignments and Centerpoint was voted as the number one seed (FAIRLY).  Well apparently, Prescott did not like it, and went to going behind Centerpoint's back trying to get that changed in the weeks following the vote so they could be the number one seed. (They had played earlier in the year and Centerpoint won)  I don't know about everybody else but that sounds pretty classless to me.  Also, when you have Prescott players standing behind Centerpoint's team while they are getting their picture taken after winning the district tournament making gestures, that don't sound very classy either.  When you have things being said on and off the court to players, fans, and coaches from Prescott players, fans, and coaches and you expect someone to stand back and let it happen. I don't think so.  Everyone in the conference knows the truth about what has been going on, so don't you go running down a few people and say that you are blameless.  Remember, you are in Arkansas, and if you go after one person you are probably going to have a whole community coming back at you.  That is the truth, and you can fact check me all you want!!!  I go to a lot of ballgames in Southwest Arkansas and support multiple teams and just thought everyone reading this needs to hear the whole story.

Robot Chicken

Sounds like your a Knight. I assure you Prescott isnt the only ones who thinks this of the Centerpoint fan base.

NewRecruit

February 22, 2017, 10:18:22 am #15 Last Edit: February 22, 2017, 10:25:24 am by NewRecruit
Quote from: Robot Chicken on February 22, 2017, 10:06:14 am
Sounds like your a Knight. I assure you Prescott isnt the only ones who thinks this of the Centerpoint fan base.
Like I said, I follow a lot of teams, including Prescott, and I can assure you that I am telling the truth about Prescott and what is going on between these two schools.  By the way, Robot Chicken? Sounds like your posts resembles your name.  A new account just to bash people?  Oh and by the way, I will be in Prescott all week to support every team from the conference, including Prescott!

KOJACK

Quote from: NewRecruit on February 22, 2017, 10:18:22 am
Like I said, I follow a lot of teams, including Prescott, and I can assure you that I am telling the truth about Prescott and what is going on between these two schools.  By the way, Robot Chicken? Sounds like your posts resembles your name.  A new account just to bash people?  Oh and by the way, I will be in Prescott all week to support every team from the conference, including Prescott!
I seriously doubt Prescott would have went behind their back...how is that possible anyway if the voting is done at the meeting with all coaches present? I saw a man talking crap to a high school girl. That's all I know.

NewRecruit

February 22, 2017, 10:53:38 am #17 Last Edit: February 22, 2017, 11:02:27 am by NewRecruit
Quote from: KOJACK on February 22, 2017, 10:30:14 am
I seriously doubt Prescott would have went behind their back...how is that possible anyway if the voting is done at the meeting with all coaches present? I saw a man talking crap to a high school girl. That's all I know.
Well your doubts are wrong!! After the meeting there was texts sent out to every coach in the district except Centerpoints and Gurdon's regarding the matter.  I didn't get one but it was done.  Many people saw them.  If you don't believe it call any other coach in the conference.  They might even send you a screen shot? Pretty sorry in my opinion. It was supposed to have been settled at the meeting.  As for the talking crap to a high school girl I have no clue what your talking about. I am just stating what I know is going on between the two schools.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: NewRecruit on February 22, 2017, 10:53:38 am
  Well your doubts are wrong!! After the meeting there was texts sent out to every coach in the district except Centerpoints and Gurdon's regarding the matter.  I didn't get one but it was done.  Many people saw them.  If you don't believe it call any other coach in the conference.  They might even send you a screen shot? Pretty sorry in my opinion. It was supposed to have been settled at the meeting.  As for the talking crap to a high school girl I have no clue what your talking about. I am just stating what I know is going on between the two schools.
Well I'm changing sides. If Prescott really did this your fans have every right to act like complete idiots at a high school basketball game.

NewRecruit

Quote from: Oldman on February 22, 2017, 11:09:15 am
Well I'm changing sides. If Prescott really did this your fans have every right to act like complete idiots at a high school basketball game.
In my opinion, fans have the right to support their team, holler at the refs, cheer on the kids, and stand up for their community, but the line should be drawn when adults start bashing minors.  Have I got excited and acted like an idiot at a ball game?  Some would say yes "I would even say yes at times".  This year more than ever I have been yelling at the refs (like most people have), but I keep it away from the kids.

KOJACK

Quote from: NewRecruit on February 22, 2017, 10:53:38 am
Seeding was already done and Prescott tried to get it changed...doesn't sound reasonable to me...js

Longfellow

No way Prescott did what you say they did

NewRecruit

Quote from: KOJACK on February 22, 2017, 12:04:45 pm
Seeding was already done and Prescott tried to get it changed...doesn't sound reasonable to me...js
It happened!!  I promise you that!  like I said, they sent a text out to all the coaches except Centerpoint and Gurdon wanting a revote after trying to persuade  coaches to change their mind.  Centerpoint and Gurdon were the only ones not allowed to play in that conference and I guess they thought they could persuade everyone else and leave them out.  Wish it wasn't so but it is.  If you are at Prescott tonight just ask one of the coaches from the conference.  Better yet, just ask your coach!!!

KOJACK

Quote from: NewRecruit on February 22, 2017, 12:58:33 pm
It happened!!  I promise you that!  like I said, they sent a text out to all the coaches except Centerpoint and Gurdon wanting a revote after trying to persuade  coaches to change their mind.  Centerpoint and Gurdon were the only ones not allowed to play in that conference and I guess they thought they could persuade everyone else and leave them out.  Wish it wasn't so but it is.
Why didn't they do all this before the vote. Who would think they deserved to be #1 in district if they got beat by the real #1???

NewRecruit

February 22, 2017, 01:05:24 pm #24 Last Edit: February 22, 2017, 01:12:23 pm by NewRecruit
Quote from: KOJACK on February 22, 2017, 01:01:03 pm
Why didn't they do all this before the vote. Who would think they deserved to be #1 in district if they got beat by the real #1???
I don't know Kojack but this is the way it went down.  Like I said, I wish it wasn't but it was.  It made no sense to me, but I guess they felt comfortable going into the vote, and when they lost apparently they didn't like the outcome and tried to get it changed.  They tried to claim the conference they played in was much tougher than the one Centerpoint and Gurdon played in. They claimed that because all their players wasn't there (Centerpoint's wasn't either) that they would have beat them.  Also, they claimed that it didn't count because it was in the holiday classic at Lake Hamilton. 

KOJACK

Quote from: NewRecruit on February 22, 2017, 01:05:24 pm
I don't know Kojack but this is the way it went down.  Like I said, I wish it wasn't but it was.  It made no sense to me, but I guess they felt comfortable going into the vote, and when they lost apparently they didn't like the outcome and tried to get it changed.  They tried to claim the conference they played in was much tougher than the one Centerpoint and Gurdon played in. They claimed that because all their players wasn't there (Centerpoint's wasn't either) that they would have beat them.  Also, they claimed that it didn't count because it was in the holiday classic at Lake Hamilton.
Sounds like you know a lot about it. Centerpoint deserves to be the #1 seed and the fans were ridiculous. ...anyway I'll move on

Wolfpack68

I can assure you that didn't happen

CHSKnightsFan

I thought our fans were well behaved tonight.  8)

But I've heard the same stuff about Prescott being unhappy about the District seeding. I'm not one to believe message board hype all of the time, but this one is true.

Robot Chicken

Yes I agree. I was so proud of Centerpoint fans last night. much improvement. They didnt get on the refs. cheered for their team. I thought maybe some of them listened but then I noticed it was Fouke. Not Centerpoint. LOL

WorkOrder

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Robot Chicken on February 21, 2017, 09:16:15 am
Talking to some Mcgehee fans this thread should be at 100 pages. A 66 year old who watches a ton of basketball games every year said "I've never seen anything like it." He said he sat by an old fat lady who was very nice until Cpoint took the floor and she turned into a complete idiot.

WHITEchicken

Mcgehee fans pot meet kettle.

cdelaney

Quote from: Oldman on February 27, 2017, 08:15:35 am
Talking to some Mcgehee fans this thread should be at 100 pages. A 66 year old who watches a ton of basketball games every year said "I've never seen anything like it." He said he sat by an old fat lady who was very nice until Cpoint took the floor and she turned into a complete idiot.
My question is why was he sitting by an old fat lady? Is that his "type"?  How old and how fat? I'm guessing she's over 66 if he called her old. Pictures? Buck Fever can help upload them if your friend isn't computer savvy, likely at age 66. And if Bucky starts uploading pics of his own wife again, we can reach 100 pages pretty quickly.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: cdelaney on February 27, 2017, 10:57:04 am
My question is why was he sitting by an old fat lady? Is that his "type"?  How old and how fat? I'm guessing she's over 66 if he called her old. Pictures? Buck Fever can help upload them if your friend isn't computer savvy, likely at age 66. And if Bucky starts uploading pics of his own wife again, we can reach 100 pages pretty quickly.
My question? Looked more like an exam.

KOJACK

We tried to tell y'all...the state will get to see it this week.

CHSKnightsFan

Really? What did our fans do at the mcgehee game??? ??? ???

I thought it was nothing like the District game against Prescott. I will admit the end of that game was getting out of hand.

cdelaney

Quote from: Oldman on February 27, 2017, 04:04:33 pm
My question? Looked more like an exam.
I can change the format. Do you prefer essay exams or multiple choice?

Jimbo Morphis

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: CHSKnightsFan on February 22, 2017, 08:17:04 pm
I thought our fans were well behaved tonight.  8)

But I've heard the same stuff about Prescott being unhappy about the District seeding. I'm not one to believe message board hype all of the time, but this one is true.
The fact that you don't know there is a problem speaks volumes. It just means y'all act like that all the time.

CHSKnightsFan

Please give one example from the regional of us acting crazy.

WorkOrder

Quote from: CHSKnightsFan on February 27, 2017, 06:17:59 pm
Please give one example from the regional of us acting crazy.

Pick a knight. Lol

knightpride

Didn't attend the tournament and I am a Knights fan---I can say as can every fan of any sport---there will always be those crazy out of control fans!  Its just easier to see them from the opposite side of the gym!  I don't like it for the kids because I would say at least 95% of the players over the years I have followed CP have been some of the best of character when they wear a uniform and represent CP.         

Lifetime OWL/Temp BADGER

There's no need to worry now. Thx Jessieville!!  Great win without your post player.

teachers pet

I was sitting close to one, complained about every call, loud and no basketball knowledge!

Sick Dog

that is a true Knight Fan that does that. Im sure it was the refs fault or other team played dirty or something to that sort. Thanks J'ville.

maytag

If cp fans are bad they must have learned it from playing Prescott all these years ,people typically try to out do others whether it's on the field,court or in the stands

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas