• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

LRCA Open

Started by STBruin, February 16, 2017, 12:58:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

STBruin

Just saw on Twitter...Jeff Weaver HC at LRCA is heading to Russellville...the dominoes keep falling...

Katdaddy

What happened at LRCA for Weaver wanting to go to Russellville?

sevenof400

From afar, this appears to be a step up - why not seek a position at a higher classification school?

OB11

Quote from: Katdaddy on February 16, 2017, 01:04:46 pm
What happened at LRCA for Weaver wanting to go to Russellville?

Seems like an upward move to me. Especially with Russellville coming off a state championship.

Made

Quote from: OB11 on February 16, 2017, 01:06:27 pm
Seems like an upward move to me. Especially with Russellville coming off a state championship.
plus teacher retirement you don't receive in private schools.

TNT_15

February 16, 2017, 08:08:58 pm #5 Last Edit: February 20, 2017, 03:37:37 pm by TNT_15
 M

Mr. Mercer

Guy won a lot of games and every one hated him? Seems like some unrealistic expectations didn't help. Never good to be little brother to that other private school in LR, and then have them mercy rule you in your best season in a while. Be interested to see who they hire. Some good talent

ghostoffootballpast

Anybody on staff for this job?

TNT_15

February 16, 2017, 11:22:52 pm #8 Last Edit: February 20, 2017, 03:37:03 pm by TNT_15
 O

STBruin

mohawk

Anybody heard any names out there for this one??? I figured there'd be names flying left and right for this job.

OB11

Quote from: mohawk on February 22, 2017, 12:13:39 pm
Anybody heard any names out there for this one??? I figured there'd be names flying left and right for this job.

Getting coaches to pull out of the teacher retirement system and take a (probably) lower paying job is no easy feat.

Look A Here

I've been told that LRCA pays the Head coach pretty well. Is this not the case?

MDXPHD

Quote from: Look A Here on February 23, 2017, 09:14:08 am
I've been told that LRCA pays the Head coach pretty well. Is this not the case?

I'm sure they do. But they don't have to tell anyone what they pay them. They are protected from sharing that information. AAA should make them disclose it, I think. 

incogneto

Don't play cards with people from LRC.  You won't hear a whole bunch of the goings on at this school. 

STBruin

Really surprised to have not heard anything on this yet....

Red Devil Alum

Quote from: MDXPHD on February 23, 2017, 09:50:06 am
I'm sure they do. But they don't have to tell anyone what they pay them. They are protected from sharing that information. AAA should make them disclose it, I think.
Why should a private school have to provide how much it pays its coaches?

Rocket23

Middleton has been named interim from what I understand and Johnny Watson has been interviewing candidates (I think three to this point).  He isn't rushing and plans to have someone in place by late March.

I guess if someone knocks it out of the park, it could be sooner of course.

MDXPHD

Quote from: Red Devil Alum on March 03, 2017, 08:54:51 pm
Why should a private school have to provide how much it pays its coaches?

Because they participate against public schools and compete for the state championships under what is considered to be a government organization. Public schools must disclose this information and private schools should as well if they want to play under AAA. To compete under AAA, they should be forced to remove their protective shields regarding all aspects of their sports.

2fe

Quote from: MDXPHD on March 06, 2017, 10:43:38 am
Because they participate against public schools and compete for the state championships under what is considered to be a government organization. Public schools must disclose this information and private schools should as well if they want to play under AAA. To compete under AAA, they should be forced to remove their protective shields regarding all aspects of their sports.

AAA has nothing to do with publics disclosing salaries. So, why would you need to in order "to play under AAA"?  It's just the law that publicly funded organizations must disclose.  You think there should be a law that private organizations have to disclose salaries to the public?

Red Devil Alum

Quote from: MDXPHD on March 06, 2017, 10:43:38 am
The NCAA doesn't require this. Do you know what Vandy pays its coaches? No, you don't. It's a private school.

MDXPHD

March 11, 2017, 02:15:07 pm #21 Last Edit: March 11, 2017, 02:17:28 pm by MDXPHD
Quote from: 2fe on March 11, 2017, 12:01:07 am
AAA has nothing to do with publics disclosing salaries. So, why would you need to in order "to play under AAA"?  It's just the law that publicly funded organizations must disclose.  You think there should be a law that private organizations have to disclose salaries to the public?

Of course they don't. But AAA is a state actor because of the Nexus it has with public schools.. They should require it for schools to participate.

MDXPHD

Quote from: Red Devil Alum on March 11, 2017, 12:10:24 am
The NCAA doesn't require this. Do you know what Vandy pays its coaches? No, you don't. It's a private school.

NCAA is a private organization. They're not considered a state actor.

Red Devil Alum

Quote from: MDXPHD on March 11, 2017, 02:16:59 pm
So anyone that does business with a state actor has to disclose all their salaries? That's not the law.

MDXPHD

Quote from: Red Devil Alum on March 13, 2017, 10:18:10 am
So anyone that does business with a state actor has to disclose all their salaries? That's not the law.

That's painting the picture with pretty broad strokes. They aren't merely doing business with AAA, they are competing in their league and it's the only league  a they compete in.  AAA absolutely has the power to make this happen. Privates shouldn't mind. The state actors are subject to FOI requests to get this information, and it's required by public, but not private. You want to compete against public schools, have countless advantages, and not be subject to the same requirements. That is why Kelley is still at PA. He knows his system won't work anywhere else. That's why he hasn't taken any of the "numerous job offers" from colleges. You can argue all you want, which is understandable. Have to defend your school. But it doesn't change anything about the flawed system and the reason why private schools have had great success in sports not only in Arkansas but across the entire country.

MDXPHD

I've gotta take a break for a few months..Have a busy time coming up. So you can respond and make your silly excuses, flawed arguments, and pretend the success is based on something other than the crazy advantages y'all have, but I won't be able to respond until August or so. Until then, enjoy the boards! Don't miss me too much.

Red Devil Alum

Quote from: MDXPHD on March 13, 2017, 11:42:52 am
I've gotta take a break for a few months..Have a busy time coming up. So you can respond and make your silly excuses, flawed arguments, and pretend the success is based on something other than the crazy advantages y'all have, but I won't be able to respond until August or so. Until then, enjoy the boards! Don't miss me too much.
We will enjoy the peace and quiet. Maybe now there can be a single thread not hijacked into an anti-PA agenda.

Complete Biased PoV

Quote from: MDXPHD on March 11, 2017, 02:16:59 pm

The AAA has no ties to the state government.  I am pretty sure it is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization, but may be wrong on that.  How many times have you seen the executive director's salary and benefits posted? 

TNT_15

Quote from: Red Devil Alum on March 13, 2017, 12:02:43 pm
We will enjoy the peace and quiet. Maybe now there can be a single thread not hijacked into an anti-PA agenda.
Just because one goes does not mean another will not rise. No matter what it will always find a way to get to PA

DuckyDon

isnt that why most of your major college conferences have at least 1 private college in the conference so that they dont have to disclose information?

Mr. Mercer

Any news on this job?

Rocket23

May be down to two. Should hear something maybe this week.

Mr. Mercer

Any idea on names? Interim apply?

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Complete Biased PoV on March 13, 2017, 11:46:39 pm
The AAA has no ties to the state government.  I am pretty sure it is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization, but may be wrong on that.  How many times have you seen the executive director's salary and benefits posted? 

I've seen Lance Taylor's salary posted...Sort of. It's 2 years old but a quick Google search can find a lot of stuff...

STBruin

JohnBarleycorn

Rumor is Eric Cohu from Madison Academy in Alabama

RazorDad

Quote from: JohnBarleycorn on April 06, 2017, 11:09:35 am
Rumor is Eric Cohu from Madison Academy in Alabama

Confirmed, LRCA just sent out the announcement.

JohnBarleycorn

What's his resume' like?

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: JohnBarleycorn on April 06, 2017, 02:04:41 pm
What's his resume' like?

Jeremy Muck‏
@JeremyMuckADG

"Little Rock Christian has hired Eric Cohu as its new football coach. Won 3 Alabama state titles at Madison Academy in Huntsville."

Looks pretty good to me.

AirWarren

Cohu is a Harding graduate. And his son is currently a freshman on the Bison football team.

beach bum

Quote from: AirWarren on April 06, 2017, 03:57:26 pm
Cohu is a Harding graduate. And his son is currently a freshman on the Bison football team.

Great fit then to be back near his son.... and to be coaching at a great school to boot.

Red Devil Alum

Quote from: beach bum on April 06, 2017, 04:01:23 pm
Great fit then to be back near his son.... and to be coaching at a great school to boot.
1/2 right. :)

Rocket23

Madison is now 4A in Alabama (finished its first year) but it was 3A when Cohu was there and won state titles.  It is a Church of Christ based school.  They have a very good record of success and several athletes sign scholarship offers every year.  They had about eight this year, including a dback, who signed with Harding, and another player signed with Auburn. 

He resigned from Madison after the 2015 season to coach over in Israel.  In the past his offense of choice is a pro-style base.

The other candidate was an assistant at Jenks High School in Tulsa.  Middleton, the interim coach and offensive coordinator, did apply for the job. 

OfficerHightower

Interesting hire.. Hope him the best!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas