• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Goblin Boys Are Conference Champions !!!!

Started by Elvis Hoggoblin, February 08, 2017, 08:50:50 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Elvis Hoggoblin

Mathematically clinched...now to stay undefeated.

Marblehog

Goblins are good but man that conference is weak this year. 

Elvis Hoggoblin

Quote from: Marblehog on February 08, 2017, 11:49:46 am
Goblins are good but man that conference is weak this year. 

Agreed but they have dominated every team in the conference except for the OT win at Clarksville (I predict a 20 point win against them at home Friday)

You can only play who they put in front of you.

I expect a Goblin/Maumelle Championship Game in the 5A West tournament in 2 weeks and that should be a classic.

TNT_15

Quote from: Elvis Hoggoblin on February 08, 2017, 03:33:32 pm
Agreed but they have dominated every team in the conference except for the OT win at Clarksville (I predict a 20 point win against them at home Friday)

I expect a Goblin/Maumelle Championship Game in the 5A West tournament in 2 weeks and that should be a classic.
I think Maumelle will dominate that game. It's not good to go this long without playing a good team. Another first round exist?

mijally

I don't think either team should look past the first game.  Doing so will get you eliminated.  That would be brutal.

Central Ark

Correct me if I'm wrong, but there is no conference champ during the regular season. That comes after the conference tourney

Ponca

Quote from: Central Ark on February 08, 2017, 07:25:08 pm
Correct me if I'm wrong, but there is no conference champ during the regular season. That comes after the conference tourney

this is correct. no one will be hanging banners for 5A/6A 1, 5A/6A 2, 5A/6A 3, ...

ZoneBuster

Why hang banners for a conference championship anyway??

Elvis Hoggoblin

Quote from: Ponca on February 09, 2017, 06:16:51 am
this is correct. no one will be hanging banners for 5A/6A 1, 5A/6A 2, 5A/6A 3, ...

I don't know about banners....but....you are not correct.  They are all playing in conferences for championships. (Info in on AAA website)

Then the 5AWest tournament Championship

AT

These are still conferences and whoever finishes on top is the conference champion. That's just a fact.

As for the importance of it, I guess that just depends on who you are.

Marblehog

I would like to see that game

sevenof400

Quote from: Elvis Hoggoblin on February 09, 2017, 07:38:15 am
I don't know about banners....but....you are not correct.  They are all playing in conferences for championships. (Info in on AAA website)

Then the 5AWest tournament Championship

Not trying to stir up darn here, but therein lies the problem, Elvis - the 5A and 6A teams are not playing in conferences this year rather combined classification districts.

The 'conference' champion will be the team that wins the conference tournament - which as we all know has little to do with the regular combined classification district season results. 

Teams are playing in combined classification districts for regular season play.  Using Harrison as an example, could they/would they hang a banner as the 2017 5A/6A Combined Classification District #1 champion?  Certainly, they have earned that right but it sure would look strange in the rafters.  I can just see a few years down the road when a young Goblin asks their elders "What is a combined classification district?" and everyone will stare at each other in a perplexed manner. 

To extend this question, let's say the Vilonia boys win the 5A West Conference Tournament.  That would earn them the right to hang a banner but let's hope it would say 5A West Conference Tournament Champions so that it does not imply they won anything more than that. 

To be sure, this whole CCD situation is a mess and I hope it ends soon.   

Go Postal

I always liked Alma's banner when they play Van Buren.

Ponca

Quote from: ZoneBuster on February 09, 2017, 06:37:28 am
Why hang banners for a conference championship anyway??

THIS.

Goblins reaching. They've been on the verge of being conference champs for years. But there was always one team better in 5A West. I don't think they've won 5A West since '99. Would have easily won 5A West during Alex Rose years but Clarksville got dropped in their lap from 4A. Got screwed 2 seasons ago and left home. Then the 4 OT game last year.

Being a Goblin fan is kinda like being a Razorback fan. Right there, but never close the deal.

I think the main issue here is this Gobs team is really good and got dealt a bad hand of a conference. Yeah Farmington is ranked in Demozette 5A Big 6 but if you've seen Farmington play, they'd likely finish dead last in that 6A/5A 4 conference. I think they put Farmington in there to sell papers or the guy that does the rankings lives in NW Arkansas.

So now that Harrison will easily go undefeated in this pee poor 6A/5A 1 league, they are desperate for a banner. I think what chaps their hide the most is this team is really good and would like to be challenged. So that's what sucks. You win the round robin but don't really feel good about it because every team you played in non-conference was better.

One thing is sure. I bet a 6A/5A 1 conference champs banner hangs in that expensive arena next season that will never be more than 1/4 full.

Ponca

Quote from: sevenof400 on February 09, 2017, 01:05:15 pm
To be sure, this whole CCD situation is a mess and I hope it ends soon.   

THIS

Elvis Hoggoblin

Ponca = Doc H, I would have never guessed it.......

Ponca

Quote from: Elvis Hoggoblin on February 10, 2017, 10:18:04 am
Ponca = Doc H, I would have never guessed it.......

what in the world you talking about Willis?

So we are awarding banners for blended conference championships? I didn't get the memo.

Blended conferences need to go away ASAP. It's stupid and confusing everyone.

That said. I do like conference tournaments. It's been too long. Gotta win 1st round or you're done. Love that.

Go Postal

Now that the Boys have sealed the CCD-1 Boys Championship, they just need to go undefeated.  The Girls have a chance to get the CCD-1 Girls Championship.  Since we have this combined stupid stuff, I would like to see these banners hang in the new arena to commemorate this move by the AAA...

Now everyone says that the only reason that Harrison is doing so good is because we were put in a weak CCD.  Well I guess we could hang this banner in the new arena for appreciation for the AAA's thoughtful decision. ;D

Ponca

Quote from: Go Postal on February 10, 2017, 11:46:34 pm
Now that the Boys have sealed the CCD-1 Boys Championship, they just need to go undefeated.  The Girls have a chance to get the CCD-1 Girls Championship.  Since we have this combined stupid stuff, I would like to see these banners hang in the new arena to commemorate this move by the AAA...

Now everyone says that the only reason that Harrison is doing so good is because we were put in a weak CCD.  Well I guess we could hang this banner in the new arena for appreciation for the AAA's thoughtful decision. ;D

I applaud your sarcasm.

MDXPHD

February 11, 2017, 07:44:41 am #19 Last Edit: February 11, 2017, 09:28:17 am by MDXPHD
Quote from: Ponca on February 10, 2017, 12:12:31 am

Being a Goblin fan is kinda like being a Razorback fan. Right there, but never close the deal.

Lol. Arkansas is never right there. Not any recent years anyway.

Go Postal

February 11, 2017, 09:26:29 am #20 Last Edit: February 11, 2017, 09:29:08 am by Go Postal
Quote from: Ponca on February 10, 2017, 12:12:31 am

Goblins reaching. They've been on the verge of being conference champs for years. But there was always one team better in 5A West. I don't think they've won 5A West since '99. Would have easily won 5A West during Alex Rose years but Clarksville got dropped in their lap from 4A. Got screwed 2 seasons ago and left home. Then the 4 OT game last year.

Never knowing what to expect season to season or game to game in any sport but that makes it exciting to still be a fan.

Elvis Hoggoblin

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas