• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1-4A District Tournament

Started by Ole Legend, February 07, 2017, 11:57:15 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Team with the best chance of winning tournament?

Gravette
1 (5.9%)
Huntsville
6 (35.3%)
Pea Ridge
8 (47.1%)
Gentry
1 (5.9%)
Prairie Grove
1 (5.9%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Voting closed: February 14, 2017, 11:53:37 am

beach bum

Quote from: BVCAT on February 15, 2017, 05:33:19 pm
Girls
Gravette 48
Prairie Grove 35
Final

*Close game until late

The wheels came off the PG girls this year compared to the near decade and more of success.

beach bum

Thank you for the updates on games.... I think people here are really interesting in both boys games matchups tonight for sure!

BVCAT

beach bum

BVCAT

Boys
Gravette 53
Gentry 42
Final

*Another game closer than the score indicates

Ole Legend

Pea Ridge girls win by 16 over Gentry, they earn their first trip to regionals in 8 years!

Baller91

Wendell Robinson

Regional teams are set on both sides.

Boys: Huntsville, Pea Ridge, Gravette, Shiloh

Girls: Huntsville, Berryville, Gravette, Pea Ridge

Also of note, 4A/3A NW conference member West Fork qualified for regionals in both boys and girls action.

BVCAT

Wendell Robinson

Final was 60-56 Shiloh. PG hit a 3 as time expired.

StevenGlen

Quote from: Wendell Robinson on February 15, 2017, 09:59:56 pm
Regional teams are set on both sides.

Boys: Huntsville, Pea Ridge, Gravette, Shiloh

Girls: Huntsville, Berryville, Gravette, Pea Ridge

Also of note, 4A/3A NW conference member West Fork qualified for regionals in both boys and girls action.

Not only have both the Tigers and the Lady Tigers qualified for the regional event, they will be the host school.  It will make for some long nights for this computer guy/broadcaster but it will be fun. 

Gray lizard

The way the lady tigers shoot the 3, playing at home, could be a hard to beat.

(((Subi2Sweet)))

4-4A teams that qualified for Regional in West Fork:

Girls:
Ozark, Pottsville, Dardanelle, West Fork

Boys:
Subiaco, Pottsville, Dardanelle, West Fork

Wendell Robinson

Quote from: Wendell Robinson on February 15, 2017, 11:16:32 am
If anyone wants to watch the Gravette/Prairie Grove girls game at 4:00 and/or the Gravette/Gentry boys game at 5:30 here is the link where you can watch it. It is completely free.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCweql1JcO7jp4GfxRxvOtwA

If for some reason that doesn't work go to lionlettermen.com and click on the drop down box in the top right hand corner and click on the "livestream" link.

Gravette's games can be found at the same links as before. Gravette girls play at 7 against Berryville. Boys play immediately after against Pea Ridge. Pea Ridge is also carrying their games though I have been told they are charging $5.

I'll have the call and hope to have a few interviews at halftime of Gravette coaches and players, time permitting.

StevenGlen

Because of the staggered schedule between the 1-4A and the 4-4A District Tournaments I saw several coaches from the 1-4A last night as I worked in Subiaco.  As a working member of the media I am allowed access to the courtesy facilities at these events.  Last night I did much listening and no talking about the re-seeding discussion for the 1-4A.  After much thought, I've formed my own opinion of the changes.  It is my belief that the AAA was so willing to "force" seeding changes because they do not want to admit publicly that any of the games in this combined 3A/4A "conference" are meaningless.  They want to turn a blind eye to the fact that this mixed league debacle makes any game have no meaning, even though it obviously does. 
I also heard from two different coaches, at different times what I believe would be a better schedule if staying with the 3A/4A combined conference is a must.  Rather than a double round robin in the "conference" allow each 4A and 3A school a "non conference" game with each of the same sized schools they will see in the post season.  In other words allow West Fork a non-conference game against Pottsville in the regular season.  Not a home and home, but a single game so teams at least have seen each other since seeding in post season is based on voting. 

Wendell Robinson

Huntsville girls beat Pea Ridge by 5.
Shiloh Huntulle boys game just underway

Wendell Robinson

Huntsville leads Shiloh 22-20 at halftime.

Eagles have struggled with the press at times. Shiloh also taking some chances by jumping into the passing lanes. High risk, high reward.

$aintMaximu$

Is there a way to stream the Shiloh game?

Wendell Robinson

Razorback Red

Wendell Robinson

Huntsville up by 9, 3:00 left to go. Shiloh got it to within 1. Huntsville on an 8-0 run

Razorback Red

Razorback Red

Early 2Q, Pea Ridge up on Gravette 14-2

HHSeagle

Berryville girls beat gravette. Will play Huntsville in championship tomorrow.

Razorback Red

February 17, 2017, 09:09:09 pm #124 Last Edit: February 17, 2017, 09:14:38 pm by Razorback Red
At half, Pea Ridge up 21-9 on Gravette. 

Gravette not attacking the basket, and PR is, getting easier looks and been to the line more. 

Razorback Red

Razorback Red

Just shut down the live feed with Pea Ridge up 46-25 with under 3 to play. 

prHOG13

have seen two final scores reported on the Pea Ridge/Gravette game. One of them 53-27 and another 51-25

Ready for that matchup against Huntsville

Razorback Red

I haven't watched a 4A game in person this season, so thinking I should make the drive to Berryville tonight for PR and Huntsville and go pull for our neighbors from the Ridge. 

Ole Legend

Should be a good game tonight! Both teams have really good guard play. Both coaches put their players in the best position to win.

beach bum

February 18, 2017, 12:41:28 pm #130 Last Edit: February 18, 2017, 12:49:44 pm by beach bum
If the teams that should win do win in regionals it will set up some great semifinal matchups in regionals..... Don't want to look too far ahead, but if Subiaco, Pottsville, Pea Ridge, and Huntsville take care of business it will be a treat seeing the 1 vs 2 matchup from each league. I have seen a 3 and 4 win too many times and been apart of a 4 thrashing a 1 seed by 20 so I can't count all the chickens until they all hatch, but I plan on catching regionals next Friday and Saturday so I am selfishly rooting for the top 2 in each league to advance and see the best macthups. Tonight may also not be the last time we see Pea Ridge vs. Huntsville this year. I really see Gravette & West Fork only because the Tigers host with a shot to advance with an upset if everything fell right for them. A team at home in big games somehow always manages to get a hot hand it seems. Not picking those two to win, but just saying out of the 3 and 4 seeds I would give those two the most likely chances to pull an upset. I see Dardanelle and Shiloh really fighting uphill battles.

HorseFeathers

I don't follow 4a but had a friend hit me up for the final seeds for this district headed to region...Can someone help me out?

Ole Legend

Quote from: HorseFeathers on February 18, 2017, 03:14:26 pm
I don't follow 4a but had a friend hit me up for the final seeds for this district headed to region...Can someone help me out?
Boys
Pea Ridge
Huntsville
Shiloh
Gravette

Girls
Pea Ridge
Huntsville
Gravette
Berryville

HorseFeathers

Ole Legend

Pea Ridge girls lose 52-49 to Gravette.

Wendell Robinson

Girls seeds for regionals set
1. Berryville
2. Huntsville
3. Gravette
4. Pea Ridge

prHOG13

Boys district championship:
Pea Ridge 46
Huntsville 39

Huntsville is a great team. Fun game to watch, congrats to the Blackhawks on their conference championship

Ole Legend

Boys seeds

Pea Ridge
Huntsville
Shiloh
Gravette

Razorback Red

Quote from: prHOG13 on February 18, 2017, 11:52:33 pm
Boys district championship:
Pea Ridge 46
Huntsville 39

Huntsville is a great team. Fun game to watch, congrats to the Blackhawks on their conference championship

Really enjoyed the game last night.  Berryville has a great gym and both student sections were into the game.  Pea Ridge just had too much size and inside scoring for Huntsville and Huntsville is very reliant on 1-2 players.  They do have solid G play, but if anyone has size, they will give Huntsville trouble.  If Pea Ridge can keep their bigs out of foul trouble, IMO they have  a shot to make some noise. 

springdalesmitty

I didn't have a dog in the fight last night but the officiating in the two championship games was as bad as I've ever seen it. It's sad how bad officiating has become.

Razorback Red

Quote from: springdalesmitty on February 19, 2017, 11:02:22 am
I didn't have a dog in the fight last night but the officiating in the two championship games was as bad as I've ever seen it. It's sad how bad officiating has become.

Funny, I also had no dog in the fight, but had a very different reaction to the officiating last night.  I only saw the last few minutes of the girls game, but in the boys game I thought it was refreshing that the officials let the kids play and didn't call every hand check.  That crew calls a lot of 7A games and they typically turn the game into a FT-shooting fest.  I actually thought they were solid last night. Yes, they missed a walk or two, but overall I though they were fair to both sides.   

RZback

Fair to both sides, as in equally bad?

beach bum

Quote from: Razorback Red on February 19, 2017, 02:10:07 pm
and didn't call every hand check. 

That means you aren't athletic enough to play good clean defense if you have to hand check all the time to stay with a guy.... Or not in good enough shape compared to the guy you are guarding to chase a guy all game to stick on them. Refs letting that go is rewarding non elite defense that will get exposed deep in the playoffs.

RZback

Like not calling every travel or carry is rewarding kids who cannot handle the ball adequately.  Or every time an offensive lineman graps jersey, and so on.

springdalesmitty

I feel like Beach Bum may be cheap shotting a team but no idea which one it would be.

RZback

Its competitive athletics, there is going to be contact.  It's just part of it.  You learn to play your way around it.

springdalesmitty

Quote from: RZback on February 19, 2017, 09:38:15 pm
Its competitive athletics, there is going to be contact.  It's just part of it.  You learn to play your way around it.
I was stating the officiating was bad, not really that fouls were not called or were called. Just inconsistent and I agree you better learn to play around it because you can bet your sweet butt that in the State Tournament in Nashville, the teams not from South Arkansas are going to get the business...

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas