• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Top 1a players

Started by CrispyLips, January 21, 2017, 08:40:08 am

Previous topic - Next topic

no mascot

Congratulations to that young fellow! That's filling it up! Did he play senior high ball as a freshman? I am in no way meaning to demean that accomplishment btw, even if he did that's still a ton of points! I'm just curious.

Oldref

Quote from: no mascot on January 29, 2017, 09:00:34 pm
Congratulations to that young fellow! That's filling it up! Did he play senior high ball as a freshman? I am in no way meaning to demean that accomplishment btw, even if he did that's still a ton of points! I'm just curious.

Yes he and Dustin Utley have started all four years for Bay. I would guess they probably have about as many minutes on the floor together in those four years as anyone around. 

Boone

Marleigh Dodson  and Kelcie Acklin  of Norfork.

BannerChaser95

Quote from: Oldref on January 29, 2017, 08:57:29 pm
According to the Jonesboro Sun today Taylor Layne went past the 2000 point mark in his career last week. The article went on to say he has 2068 points to date.
Thats awesome for him!!

BoxNOne

Great job by Taylor Layne and the fact that his team has won two state championships makes it even greater!

Woodrow1

Quote from: Boone on January 29, 2017, 10:28:49 pm
Marleigh Dodson  and Kelcie Acklin  of Norfork.

I remember when Boone "the ball bearing" Carter was one of the top players around back in the day at Norfork.

Batman44

Quote from: Daddy eagle on January 29, 2017, 09:08:20 pm
Not as good as Carlton but good job hehe
Not sure if that comment is meant to be for real, or in jest. Either way, and I have never seen Carlton play, and he must be a good player, BUT, no way he is better than Layne.

Thechosen1

You sure are high on Carlton man.. better than the reigning 1a finals MVP.. great accomplishment from Taylor Layne, especially being young playing behind the players he did. He's a hard worker and deserves it just as much as anyone.

Batman44

Quote from: Daddy eagle on January 30, 2017, 06:42:55 pm
Never scene him play but know he's not better. Hmm. Makes since to me
Don't want to take anything away from the young man, but don't need to see him play to know he isn't as good as Layne. If he was as good as you make him out to be, he, AND the team, would get more recognition. Re your spelling, keep working toward your GED.

Thechosen1

We'll see what Carlton does in the state tournament this year... if he makes district

Hero of Twin Groves

I think all teams make district

SackAttack

Quote from: Hero of Twin Groves on January 30, 2017, 10:12:52 pm
I think all teams make district
But the high seeds get first round byes!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D High seeds get it Hero??

Thechosen1

HOGS1976

Dierks has a post boy #21 that is hard to handle.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: HOGS1976 on February 02, 2017, 11:37:58 am
Dierks has a post boy #21 that is hard to handle.
i always loved Dierks Bentley thanks for reminding me

Boomer1

Quote from: LHHC on January 22, 2017, 01:31:55 pm
Is lane even the best player on his team?
Layne is easily the best player In Bay...

StateChamps09

... smh, first off hey all it's been awhile! Haha second, Ballard is an elite athlete, hands down, Ealy and Ballard are pretty even in different ways if we're just being honest, however that teams does nothing without their forward; not saying their forward is one of the best in 1a but a forward grabbing the most rebounds in EVERY game makes him stand out pretty well. Still got to give the edge to Ballard as far as pure scoring, but Ealy isn't to far off.

SackAttack

Quote from: StateChamps09 on February 03, 2017, 02:12:18 pm
... smh, first off hey all it's been awhile! Haha second, Ballard is an elite athlete, hands down, Ealy and Ballard are pretty even in different ways if we're just being honest, however that teams does nothing without their forward; not saying their forward is one of the best in 1a but a forward grabbing the most rebounds in EVERY game makes him stand out pretty well. Still got to give the edge to Ballard as far as pure scoring, but Ealy isn't to far off.
They sure miss Timmy though! Hows his college career coming along?? I have nt been able to keep up with him much!

StateChamps09

He is supposedly playing for some semi-pro team in New Orleans, don't ask me how cause it doesn't make sense to me either. Just what's been said threw the wood work.

Gcmoney22

What about Travis Lewis from Norfork? Great shooter and defender. Score off the dribble or spot up. Really a great all around player. I have watched Ballsrd play 3 times now and he hasnt impressed me at all. Just a good athlete.

Basketball2017

Quote from: Gcmoney22 on March 04, 2017, 02:34:26 pm
What about Travis Lewis from Norfork? Great shooter and defender. Score off the dribble or spot up. Really a great all around player. I have watched Ballsrd play 3 times now and he hasnt impressed me at all. Just a good athlete.

I agree! Also Reynolds and Cooper( A Freshman) from ICC. Cooper is number 5 in his class for the state of Arkansas.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Basketball2017 on March 04, 2017, 03:50:38 pm
I agree! Also Reynolds and Cooper( A Freshman) from ICC. Cooper is number 5 in his class for the state of Arkansas.

Link for that last one?

Basketball2017

HorseFeathers

How are those made? I'm watching Cooper tonight at Mt Ida....I seen him at Norfork in district finals, and he's good for a freshman....Not built like one either...

J.D.

JimmyChitwood

The freshman from ICC deserves some talk. He played like a senior and gave ICC a chance to beat Shirley.

Catfish

Motownsportsfan

The freshman from ICC was very impressive. I watched him make 2 moves yesterday that were big time   A bright future for that young man. I thought the announcer said 6 ft 4. Is that accurate?

Motownsportsfan

#5 from WV on the girls side. When Beyers went to the bench in 3rd against Norfork WV had a huge lead. By the time she came back in the game Norfork was on a huge run. She is the ultimate team player and the one that makes WV go. I thought her Mahan from Nemo girl from Norfork bout the best I saw in 1 A girls.

Thechosen1

Quote from: Motownsportsfan on March 05, 2017, 12:15:02 pm
#5 from WV on the girls side. When Beyers went to the bench in 3rd against Norfork WV had a huge lead. By the time she came back in the game Norfork was on a huge run. She is the ultimate team player and the one that makes WV go. I thought her Mahan from Nemo girl from Norfork bout the best I saw in 1 A girls.
Better than Zimmerman? Lol

BannerMountainMan

JimmyChitwood

Agree. Byers is the floor general and sets up the offense and plays good defense and rebounds well for a guard.

Moonshiner

Which one from Norfork?  They have two that are really good.  Acklin shoots 47% from behind the line.  Dodson kept them alive yesterday.

Catfish

Quote from: Moonshiner on March 05, 2017, 02:02:23 pm
Which one from Norfork?  They have two that are really good.  Acklin shoots 47% from behind the line.  Dodson kept them alive yesterday.

How old are the girls from Norfork? I know the PG is a sophomore, and 35 is a senior but that's all I remember.

Moonshiner

#10 Dillard is a sophomore.   #25 The left handed guard is a junior.  #30 Dodson, tall one, is a junior. Stowers off the bench is a sophomore.  They moved up a 6'1" freshman and will have a 6'4" freshman next year.
They won't be as deadly from the three point line but might control the paint pretty well.

Catfish

Quote from: Moonshiner on March 05, 2017, 02:56:24 pm
#10 Dillard is a sophomore.   #25 The left handed guard is a junior.  #30 Dodson, tall one, is a junior. Stowers off the bench is a sophomore.  They moved up a 6'1" freshman and will have a 6'4" freshman next year.
They won't be as deadly from the three point line but might control the paint pretty well.

Wow. They will be good again then. They all shot pretty well against Concord when I seen them 😅 Haha

Moonshiner

They lose a lot with Acklin and Scalf graduating.  But should be back and a top 5 team. Bay returns everyone from that region as well. 

Catfish

Quote from: Moonshiner on March 05, 2017, 03:09:35 pm
They lose a lot with Acklin and Scalf graduating.  But should be back and a top 5 team. Bay returns everyone from that region as well.

I thought Bay was young. Doesn't Wonderview bring back most of theirs as well? Guy (depending of the offseason) and Shirley will be nonexistent next year. Shirley loses EVERYONE! Those boys have played together forever and deserve it.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: Catfish on March 05, 2017, 03:14:48 pm
I thought Bay was young. Doesn't Wonderview bring back most of theirs as well? Guy (depending of the offseason) and Shirley will be nonexistent next year. Shirley loses EVERYONE! Those boys have played together forever and deserve it.
Shirley will make state tourney again but no chance at a win in it

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Moonshiner on March 05, 2017, 02:56:24 pm

McGowan?

Moonshiner

March 05, 2017, 03:54:20 pm #90 Last Edit: March 05, 2017, 03:57:30 pm by Moonshiner
Quote from: HorseFeathers on March 05, 2017, 03:36:17 pm
McGowan?

Sorry, she's the left handed guard.  I think she's #25.  She's a junior

Catfish

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on March 05, 2017, 03:33:16 pm
Shirley will make state tourney again but no chance at a win in it

What?? They play about 7 maybe 8 players. Aren't they all seniors?

J.D.

Quote from: Catfish on March 05, 2017, 03:55:00 pm

Once you think about it though, who will be good from our Region next year? (Boys)

Just being somewhat below average might get you into the state tournament next year.

Motownsportsfan

Quote from: Catfish on March 05, 2017, 03:14:48 pm
Wonderview returns top 7 players

Catfish

Quote from: J.D. on March 05, 2017, 03:58:04 pm
Once you think about it though, who will be good from our Region next year? (Boys)

Just being somewhat below average might get you into the state tournament next year.

Well yeah that's true. I'm not saying this as just a homer answer but concord has the tools to win region next year I think. Doesn't mean they will, but I definitely think they can. Will be better than they were this year.

Catfish

Quote from: Motownsportsfan on March 05, 2017, 04:06:52 pm

Oh wow 😳 They will be back 100% positive about that

Catfish

JD what does MVE bring back?

BannerMountainMan

March 05, 2017, 04:11:58 pm #97 Last Edit: March 05, 2017, 04:14:41 pm by BannerMountainMan
Quote from: Catfish on March 05, 2017, 03:55:00 pm
look at the conf next year.. Concord will be good and maybe Southside and #3 is a junior and #2 is also which plays a pretty good amount and can take #30's role and can prolly shoot a little better..don't count em out yet. And the 8 through 12 players would start on a team like Sacred Heart I believe they are not  good but they can play just not top 15 team caliber like the top 5 from Shirley

J.D.

Quote from: Catfish on March 05, 2017, 04:09:23 pm
JD what does MVE bring back?

Their best. I imagine they will be good, but they have a lot to improve on. 

MVE will need to find someone to step up and take the pressure of the PG an PF.

J.D.

Quote from: Motownsportsfan on March 05, 2017, 04:06:52 pm

I've already thought about next year in girl's hoops and think the semi's will look quite similar to this year's

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas