• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Demozette 5A Rankings 2017-01-15

Started by Ponca, January 17, 2017, 02:28:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Ponca

BOYS

• Mills 17-1
  • LR Parkview 13-3
  • Maumelle 14-2
  • Harrison 11-3
  • Sylvan Hills 13-3
  • Farmington 13-3

GIRLS

• Nettleton 17-0
  • LR Parkview 12-2
  • Pulaski Academy 14-2
  • Watson Chapel 15-2
  • Greene County Tech 11-5
  • Hot Springs 12-4

croboostbusted

I think that Pulaski Academy is a better team than Parkview. I'm excited to see how it shakes out tonight.

Coachbanks12

Hot Springs has a team on here? Wow hopefully they get higher

TNT_15

Quote from: croboostbusted on January 24, 2017, 11:18:48 am
I think that Pulaski Academy is a better team than Parkview. I'm excited to see how it shakes out tonight.
Hahahahahahahhahahahaha

mijally

I think they are talking about girls.

Ponca

I think so too.

Harrison boys are just bored in this 5A/6A 1 conference. Just no competition at all. Can't prove their worth vs these inferior teams. Miss the days of 5A West where Maumelle and Morrilton would be worthy adversaries.

Ponca

whoever had Farmington as 6th best team at 5A at the Democrat-Gazette needs to be fired. One man team that was easily shut down. I've seen better teams from 3A who were average at best.

ZoneBuster

Ponca

Quote from: ZoneBuster on January 24, 2017, 10:28:25 pm
Maybe Wynne should take their place ;)

No crap. The LAST place team in 5A/6A 3 is likely better than the SECOND place team in 5A/6A 1. Harrison is on cruise control right now.

Steve Perry 2.11

Quote from: Ponca on January 24, 2017, 10:16:55 pm
I think so too.

Harrison boys are just bored in this 5A/6A 1 conference. Just no competition at all. Can't prove their worth vs these inferior teams. Miss the days of 5A West where Maumelle and Morrilton would be worthy adversaries.

Cmon Ponca Toy...Alma and Harrison used to have some epic battles.

Ponca

Quote from: Steve Perry 2.11 on January 24, 2017, 10:45:20 pm

Cmon Ponca Toy...Alma and Harrison used to have some epic battles.

McCoy and Rose are long gone. Miss those days.

Steve Perry 2.11

"Rose"....I can still see those 3 fingers in the air after a 3 pointer.

He was a confidant one.  Good times.

Ponca

Quote from: Steve Perry 2.11 on January 24, 2017, 10:50:36 pm
"Rose"....I can still see those 3 fingers in the air after a 3 pointer.

He was a confidant one.  Good times.

I was told this kid from Farmington was next coming of Rose. Not even close. The closest thing I've seen of Rose in high school ball was Reeves kid from Cedar Ridge last year who's at Wichita St right now. A player like Rose only comes along every 20 years or so.

ZoneBuster

Quote from: Ponca on January 24, 2017, 10:36:26 pm
No crap. The LAST place team in 5A/6A 3 is likely better than the SECOND place team in 5A/6A 1. Harrison is on cruise control right now.

Just a little ribbing. I'll agree this is an awful conference with these 6A teams 

theflash10

Quote from: Ponca on January 24, 2017, 10:54:06 pm
I was told this kid from Farmington was next coming of Rose. Not even close. The closest thing I've seen of Rose in high school ball was Reeves kid from Cedar Ridge last year who's at Wichita St right now. A player like Rose only comes along every 20 years or so.
Harrison is pretty solid defensively which will definitely disrupt a team who has to be carried. Rose was a pretty good player, one of the best out of this area in several years. The Wilson kid is really good also. Rose also had nights that he didn't put up 20 but he also had more around him on those teams.

Marblehog

Reaves was close to Rose?  Who is this Rose guy?  If he wasnt playing and scoring a lot in major D1 ball then he wasnt better than Reaves. 

woopork

Alex Rose from Harrison. He went D2 I believe but didn't make it very long. Maybe transferred to a smaller school to play after that. Not 100% sure about details.

theflash10

Quote from: woopork on January 25, 2017, 12:26:58 pm
Alex Rose from Harrison. He went D2 I believe but didn't make it very long. Maybe transferred to a smaller school to play after that. Not 100% sure about details.
He went to Ouchita for a couple weeks. Married now but wouldn't be be surprised if he still had an interest in playing.

theflash10

Quote from: Marblehog on January 25, 2017, 12:10:34 pm
Reaves was close to Rose?  Who is this Rose guy?  If he wasnt playing and scoring a lot in major D1 ball then he wasnt better than Reaves.
He was athletic and could score with about anyone. But Reeves was/is a step or two ahead of him.

Go Postal

January 25, 2017, 02:47:47 pm #19 Last Edit: January 25, 2017, 02:50:55 pm by Go Postal
Alma fans use to say that Harrison's Alex Rose could hit a 3 from the parking lot.  This was pretty close to the truth.  Excellent ball player.  One of the reasons I started watching Goblin basketball and not just football or soccer.

Steve Perry 2.11

Quote from: Go Postal on January 25, 2017, 02:47:47 pm
Alma fans use to say that Harrison's Alex Rose could hit a 3 from the parking lot.

↑ ↑ ↑ yes..

I remember when he was a sophomore and Harrison played at Alma. He hit a fade away 3 pointer from about 7-10 feet behind the arc and, I swear to you as I'm sitting here with my hand in the air, landed out of bounds.....nothing but the bottom of the net...

And then he did the three finger salute to the crowd and I hated him. Kid was scorer.

croboostbusted

Quote from: TNT_15 on January 24, 2017, 07:32:10 pm
Hahahahahahahhahahahaha

Yeah, my mistake, I really only follow girls basketball. I didn't understand why you were laughing.
LOL

Ponca

North Little Rock tearing up the 7A. And I was questioned why Harrison should be Top 5 Overall? Harrison owned North Little Rock in Fayetteville tournament.

Ponca

Quote from: theflash10 on January 25, 2017, 01:07:26 pm
He was athletic and could score with about anyone. But Reeves was/is a step or two ahead of him.

Reaves is a work of art. Big miss by Coach Anderson. I was wrong in saying Austin Reaves is better player than Malik Monk, but he's not too far behind.

Marblehog

Quote from: Coachbanks12 on January 24, 2017, 01:05:19 pm
Hot Springs has a team on here? Wow hopefully they get higher
Seen them play a few times.   The short guard should learn to ball hawg more.  Passes around the perimeter way too much.  I would tell her to penetrate every possession. 

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: Steve Perry 2.11 on January 26, 2017, 09:08:42 am
                         ↑ ↑ ↑ yes..

I remember when he was a sophomore and Harrison played at Alma. He hit a fade away 3 pointer from about 7-10 feet behind the arc and, I swear to you as I'm sitting here with my hand in the air, landed out of bounds.....nothing but the bottom of the net...

And then he did the three finger salute to the crowd and I hated him. Kid was scorer.

Haha sounds like he had a little Marshall Henderson in his game.  That guy was fun to watch.

This picture has so much good stuff going on:

Go Postal

Quote from: Steve Perry 2.11 on January 26, 2017, 09:08:42 am
                         ↑ ↑ ↑ yes..

Steve, I found this.  Enjoy...

ZoneBuster

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on February 02, 2017, 12:50:01 pm
Haha sounds like he had a little Marshall Henderson in his game.  That guy was fun to watch.

This picture has so much good stuff going on:

Very good comparison in nearly every way.

TNT_15

Quote from: croboostbusted on January 26, 2017, 09:43:20 am
Yeah, my mistake, I really only follow girls basketball. I didn't understand why you were laughing.
LOL
No my bad I thought it was a joke. Pa girls team is very impressive though

TNT_15

Quote from: Ponca on January 29, 2017, 01:07:30 am
North Little Rock tearing up the 7A. And I was questioned why Harrison should be Top 5 Overall? Harrison owned North Little Rock in Fayetteville tournament.
I worry that Harrisom not playing a competitive game all conference season will come back to bite them. Not their fault they did their best to play quality teams in non conference

Marblehog

Quote from: Go Postal on February 02, 2017, 06:30:31 pm
Steve, I found this.  Enjoy...

I hated him immediately after the fake high five

Marblehog

Quote from: Ponca on January 29, 2017, 01:07:30 am
7a is very weak

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas