• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lake Hamilton coach (filled - Tommy Gilleran)

Started by Trojan, January 08, 2017, 10:28:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Trojan

January 08, 2017, 10:28:19 pm Last Edit: February 21, 2017, 02:41:29 pm by Coach DePriest, Shiloh Christian
how come nobody wants to talk about coach Reed trying to get out of here after just seven months. rumor has it that he will coach next year at Yukon,Ok.

purpleswag

Wow! Another one and done Oklahoma coach

Lanny

Quote from: Trojan on January 08, 2017, 10:28:19 pm
how come nobody wants to talk about coach Reed trying to get out of here after just seven months. rumor has it that he will coach next year at Yukon,Ok.
Yukon, Ok school has a board meeting Monday night.

GotInfo?

Yeah, from what I hear, the school coach relationship got off to a rocky start and never got better.
This will be the 3rd job in 6A that has come open so far.  Could be a lot of turnover this year.

Razorbacks48

is Reed leaving even if he doesn't get the oklahoma job??

GotInfo?

Its a done deal. Just waiting board approval tonight. 

Pat Swilling

If this opens then there could be a major Coaching Turnover in the State of Arkansas.  Lotta guys want the LH gig.

FBFan92

They should have never hired this guy to begin with.

zebradynasty

Look A Here

So three new coaches in the 6A West?  This will be interesting

Razorbacks48

Quote from: FBFan92 on January 09, 2017, 10:31:51 am
They should have never hired this guy to begin with.
why do you say this?

FBFan92

January 09, 2017, 12:28:08 pm #11 Last Edit: January 09, 2017, 12:30:15 pm by FBFan92
Nothing against the guy. I just didn't think they should have hired a guy from out of state.  There were a lot of good candidates in state that wanted the job.  I'm definitely not saying he isn't a good coach. He has won everywhere he has been.

Iknewthemwhen

These guys need to be sure when they take the job that they plan to stay.  I do realize stuff happens.

nuttinbuthogs

6-5 and he's out.  What will LH take away from his one year?

Beaver Fever

Not to use a committee to hire a coach

coachsearch

Who were some of the finalists last year when it was open

Lanny

Quote from: nuttinbuthogs on January 10, 2017, 12:03:08 am
6-5 and he's out.  What will LH take away from his one year?
Played with a chance to win a co conference championship. 

mrknowitall

Vereen from Hot Springs was a finalist last year, and I think Gilleran from Ft. Lake.

Pat Swilling

LH had at least 5 or 6 really good names from in state guys last year. 

maroonwolf

I'm pretty sure Weaver and Coach Eldridge from Arkadelphia were the next candidates the committee liked from last year had Reed not been involved in the process.

Pat Swilling

Weaver is a GW guy.  Sure the next HC will be a spread guy.

Trojanball24

Jared Dutton- Watson Chapel

Razorbacks48

will Reed be bringing anyone from the LH staff with him?

Trojan

no and now LH is stuck with the two asst he brought with him . now it will be hard for the next coach to bring anyone . Reed told his team he was leaving by text, pretty lame I think. they had a chance to hire a coach that had won several state championships, but chose to go with Reed , Who appears to be a better salesman

Iknewthemwhen

Several names of coaches in the south named as possibly moving, Bolding, Vaughn, now Dutton.  Any truth to any of this, have these coaches interviewed.

Lanny

Quote from: Trojan on January 10, 2017, 01:11:59 pm
no and now LH is stuck with the two asst he brought with him . now it will be hard for the next coach to bring anyone . Reed told his team he was leaving by text, pretty lame I think. they had a chance to hire a coach that had won several state championships, but chose to go with Reed , Who appears to be a better salesman
Jeremy sent his team a text because Jeremy was in Nashville, Tn  speaking at the FCA breakfast.  Oklahoma Preps broke the news via twitter about the Yukon job.  Being a first class person Jeremy sent a message to this Lake Hamilton team until he could return.

Razorbacks48

heard he was taking the DC with him and bringing someone else as well. don't know if its another LH guy or not though

Rida4Life

Makes no sense that they passed on Gillerean the first time... they should crawl to his doorstep and offer him whatever he wants to take the job this go round.

sportsfan123

Don't think he is bringing anyone with him, two candidates turned down the Yukon job due to not being able to bring assistants with them.

RZback

Word is there was not a warm relationship between coach and some of administration and so this is why he looked to leave.  Any truth to this.

maroonwolf

The names I keep hearing are Greg Kendrick from Charleston, Jeff Weaver from LRCA and Cody McNabb from Morrilton. All are spread guys and all have had long term and/or recent success.

Lanny

Quote from: maroonwolf on January 12, 2017, 07:15:04 am
The names I keep hearing are Greg Kendrick from Charleston, Jeff Weaver from LRCA and Cody McNabb from Morrilton. All are spread guys and all have had long term and/or recent success.
Several have applied

maroonwolf

Quote from: Lanny on January 12, 2017, 07:33:39 am
Several have applied
interesting. Are you privy to the applicant list?

Razorbacks48

still hearing rumors of who he is taking with him...what is the pay at LH?

ghostoffootballpast

I bet the LH brass will ask the "how long do you promise to stay?" question several times.

game on

Any chance they will go out of state again.

STBruin

Would think a coach running the spread could be real successful at LH...3 yards and a cloud of dust style offense...don't see it being a good fit

purpleswag

Iknewthemwhen

nsuqb10

This is a big time job or at least has great facilities.

RZback

Any predictions about who gets this position? 

STBruin

Thought, until this year they had always run a more wide open offense...and have been more successful

Pat Swilling

Hire Tommy Gilleran and be done with it.

OverPrivileged

Looks like 5-2 is tied for the best conference record since 2011.  so it looks like they did a little better without the wide open offense.  At least in the last 5 years.

nuttinbuthogs

What offense does Gilleran run?

RiverRunner02

Quote from: nuttinbuthogs on January 17, 2017, 12:37:23 pm
What offense does Gilleran run?
[/quote/]
I believe he runs the Wing T unless he's changed it in the past couple of years.

Okieback

Quote from: vegasbobcat on January 17, 2017, 09:34:18 am
Looks like 5-2 is tied for the best conference record since 2011.  so it looks like they did a little better without the wide open offense.  At least in the last 5 years.

Hmmmm....

maroonwolf

I still think one of the aforementioned spread guys has an excellent chance at this job. Most teams still run the ball more percentage wise than throw it but it's the perception of a wide open attack when not under center that appeals to the fans.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas