• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Congrats to Coach Wood!

Started by PA Dad, December 19, 2016, 08:22:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PA Dad

I just saw that Varsity.com named Coach Wood, the D.C. at PA, as defensive coach of the year.

Coach Kelley gets most of the attention at PA, but Coach Wood is an outstanding D.C., and he deserves the honor.

Congrats Coach Wood.

UncleRico

PA Dad

Quote from: UncleRico on December 20, 2016, 12:06:07 am
How long has he been at PA?

I don't know the number of years, but he's been there a long time.

STBruin

FD4

Dad, would he be the same Coach Wood that had Shiloh after Malzon left?  If so, no wonder yall were able to shut our outside game down as well as you did.  Danged ole Anthony Lucus, I hope he gets drafted by a college before next year.  Yall killed us with the deep ball.

PA Dad

Quote from: FD4 on December 20, 2016, 12:19:37 pm
Dad, would he be the same Coach Wood that had Shiloh after Malzon left?  If so, no wonder yall were able to shut our outside game down as well as you did.  Danged ole Anthony Lucus, I hope he gets drafted by a college before next year.  Yall killed us with the deep ball.

I don't know his history.  Maybe Maynard or one of the other PA posters can answer.  Or, maybe Coach Wood can.  I know he visits the board occasionally.

And I hope Coach Lucas stats at PA a loooong time!

Maynard G Krebs

December 20, 2016, 01:03:49 pm #6 Last Edit: December 20, 2016, 01:06:02 pm by Maynard G Krebs
Not sure of the exact year Coach Wood came to PA,  but I think it was around 1994.  Also a great classroom teacher (history).  I don't think he has ever coached at Shiloh.  To my knowledge, he has always been in the central AR area.  Native of Pine Bluff.

Leadbelly

Quote from: FD4 on December 20, 2016, 12:19:37 pm
Not the same wood.....

Overdahill

Quote from: PA Dad on December 19, 2016, 08:22:57 pm
I just saw that Varsity.com named Coach Wood, the D.C. at PA, as defensive coach of the year.

Coach Kelley gets most of the attention at PA, but Coach Wood is an outstanding D.C., and he deserves the honor.

Congrats Coach Wood.

Proud of you Coach, very well deserved

Youngsta71701

I always tell people that PA's offense always get all the credit. But they have a dang good defense every year too and I didn't even know his name until this year.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas