• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

8-4A in 2017

Started by Sports Guru, December 11, 2016, 03:31:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Sports Guru

Ok, so how will conference be for everyone next season. 

Predictions ?

FBfan79

I saw a couple people list Dumas in the top 10.  Who do they have coming back?

LJ06

Warren will be good.
Monticello should be improved.
Dumas should be good again too.
Hamburg I think will be down a bit.
Star City has no where to go but up.
Crossett will be good again I think.
DeWitt is still DeWitt.
Dollarway won't be that good again.

ea cat

Dumas will have 7 offensive Starters and 6 defensive starters back next year.

beach bum

1.Warren
2.Dumas
3.Monticello
4.Crossett
5.Star City
6.Hamburg
7.Dollarway
8.Dewitt

-Warren at top
-Dollarway and Dewitt at the bottom
-the rest of the teams 3-6 there should be very little difference at all. Monticello at my 3 could finish all the way at 6 and Hamburg as my 6 could go all the way to 3. Those spots are hard to pick correctly right now

STUNNA

Sure wish sway could get it back together

Sports Guru

I believe this is the last year to Play Dollarway. Crossett will be about the same as this year got a good talent class coming in 2018 I do believe. Crossett may change up the schedule a bit, not official but Magnolia and McGehee may not be back on our schedule this year.

LJ06

Speaking of schedules I know Stuttgart plays at Warren in week 2, and Warren probably at Watson Chapel in week 3. Be interesting to see who we play in week 1.

FF Secretary of Defense Flap_Jack48

I'd like to see us play some new blood. Match-up with Wynne, Russellville, heck even a CAC.

Dream non-conference team would be Nashville. That should be a year-in, year-out game.  No reason Warren and Nashville shouldn't be played annually. Only thing it would affect is state rankings and fan base egos.

Make it happen guys!

-Kyle

Romeo

Warren vs. Greenwood. Make it happen Bo.

AirWarren

Quote from: FF Secretary of Defense Flap_Jack48 on December 11, 2016, 09:54:06 pm
I'd like to see us play some new blood. Match-up with Wynne, Russellville, heck even a CAC.

Dream non-conference team would be Nashville. That should be a year-in, year-out game.  No reason Warren and Nashville shouldn't be played annually. Only thing it would affect is state rankings and fan base egos.

Make it happen guys!

-Kyle

A north Louisiana team. Make it happen Kyle.

PA Dad

Quote from: AirWarren on December 11, 2016, 10:00:18 pm

Come on guys, come back to PA!

AirWarren

Quote from: PA Dad on December 11, 2016, 10:12:38 pm
Come on guys, come back to PA!

Get Kelley to call Bo. He would love that I bet ha

STUNNA

Every year they should have a kick off of of the previous years state champs!!!

MUFASA #2

We should be competitive again but probly make a run as #2 or #3 seed in conference again. Lost allot of starters.

Jimbo Morphis

Be careful what you wish for. Different brand of football.

SportsDad

Quote from: LJ06 on December 11, 2016, 09:07:25 pm
Speaking of schedules I know Stuttgart plays at Warren in week 2, and Warren probably at Watson Chapel in week 3. Be interesting to see who we play in week 1.
Warren plays LRCA at War Memorial in the Kickoff Classic again next August.... second year of a two year contract.

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: SportsDad on December 12, 2016, 09:13:00 am
Warren plays LRCA at War Memorial in the Kickoff Classic again next August.... second year of a two year contract.

Any idea what the other Kickoff Classic games are?

OLDSCHOOL82

Guess its looking like Dollarway could drop to 3A?

AirWarren

Quote from: OLDSCHOOL82 on December 12, 2016, 11:19:46 am
Guess its looking like Dollarway could drop to 3A?

That or shut down.

SportsDad

Quote from: $aintMaximu$ on December 12, 2016, 10:25:24 am
Any idea what the other Kickoff Classic games are?
Nope... but I will ask around...

Eaglemaniac

Quote from: Oldman on December 12, 2016, 08:42:11 am
Be careful what you wish for. Different brand of football.

I remember Dollarway scheduling Bastrop one year. Game was in ESPN. Didnt turn out too well for Dollarway. Crossett and El Dldorado have played West Monroe a few times. Not good for them either. Id like to see Warren and Neville play.

AirWarren

Quote from: Eaglemaniac on December 12, 2016, 12:12:30 pm
I remember Dollarway scheduling Bastrop one year. Game was in ESPN. Didnt turn out too well for Dollarway. Crossett and El Dldorado have played West Monroe a few times. Not good for them either. Id like to see Warren and Neville play.

I don't think we want Neville.

bulldoghistorian

Star City will be improved!

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: Eaglemaniac on December 12, 2016, 12:12:30 pm

It wasn't good for Shiloh either... Not only did we lose but got banged up very bad...

green-eagle

Warren....will not be quite as good as this year, but hey they are the defending 4A champions
Dumas...very impressive year, disappointed that they did not play Hamburg better. Their Jr high kids was VERY impressive this past year, strong!
Monticello...I see some improvement but not a lot.
Crossett...lost a lot of players on defense, but returning a lot of speed at RB. Defense will be unproven with two starters returning. No kicker this year.
Hamburg....losing their leadership this year....Coaching will keep them in games.
Star City....returning a lot of players that HAD played.
Dewitt.....get out of the cellar this year
D'way.....lots of talent

Sports Guru

Neville is a really good team we just lost to a talented Edna Karr team 34-21 in the State Championship. Neville was on a 39 game win streak, they still have a long game conference streak going. My Cousin is a Defensive Coach there. Neville will be good next year im sure with a possible trip back to State again.

AirWarren

Quote from: CrossettEagles14 on December 12, 2016, 03:47:42 pm
Neville is a really good team we just lost to a talented Edna Karr team 34-21 in the State Championship. Neville was on a 39 game win streak, they still have a long game conference streak going. My Cousin is a Defensive Coach there. Neville will be good next year im sure with a possible trip back to State again.

Yeah. Flap jack lives in north La. He says Neville is an absolute beast of a program. Overtaking WM.

2horsesANDmydog!

I second this motion! I would love to see Bo get in contact with Coach Marcus for a Bastrop, LA Rams vs Warren Lumberjacks shootout. Think both teams matches up very well. Warren - 4 state titles, 2 undefeated seasons. Bastrop 3 State titles, 3 undefeated season. And its only about one hours drive.

None the less, Congrats to the Lumberjacks on a outstanding season. I have said it before and I will say it again, Lassiter is one of the most overall outstanding Football competitors period. He is a pretty much on the money QB. With some added size, He will do outstanding at the next level. Hope he Comes to ULM. He will no doubt be a early starter. 

2horsesANDmydog!

Hamburg will be a 2 or 3 seed next year as usual. But by the time the Junior High crew make it to varsity ..... watch out. There is a kid by the name of Jayden (remember the name folks). He will be another Hayden if not better.

AirItOut21

Quote from: 2horsesANDmydog! on December 13, 2016, 04:03:33 pm
Hamburg will be a 2 or 3 seed next year as usual. But by the time the Junior High crew make it to varsity ..... watch out. There is a kid by the name of Jayden (remember the name folks). He will be another Hayden if not better.

Hamburg's junior high team had a terrible season this year. They were 2-6 with mercy rule losses to the top teams in the conference.

http://www.fearlessfriday.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=147981.50

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas