• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Farm Bureau Insurance award actual list

Started by Pick_DA_EAGLES, December 05, 2016, 02:06:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Pick_DA_EAGLES

I will go with

M. Thomas Hampton

I. Williams des arc

M. White mount ida

bobthebuilder

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on December 05, 2016, 02:08:27 pm
I will go with

M. Thomas Hampton

I. Williams des arc

M. White mount ida

sounds reasonable

Bigditchlion

Dr. Defense

Thomas on offense for sure

Defensively I haven't seen any of them play except Thompson

Coach would go to Chambers

Wonderdog

Pick, where did you find the list? I would be interested in seeing the list for all classes.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Wonderdog on December 05, 2016, 10:18:21 pm
Pick, where did you find the list? I would be interested in seeing the list for all classes.

I saw it on facebook. I will try to find it again

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Pick_DA_EAGLES

BrushyCreek

young_gun

Offense: Thomas- Dude is a machine and a game changer. Made a good England team look mediocre at best.

Defense: Madding- Played all year on a torn ACL. Will be playing safety at the next level but played MLB week 8 on. 2nd round of playoffs against Carlisle had 22 tackles, 1 INT, 1 FF, 1FR for a TD.

Coach: White- His offense is hard to prepare for and even harder to stop. Just when you think you have them bottled up and lull you to sleep with the run the TE slips out for a big gain. His kids are well coached and may not be the best athletes but they are in the State Championship for a reason.

Wonderdog

dawgpound

Yet all those coaches have a loss on thier record for the year

sickwillie

Regardless of how you all feel about the students that moved to Hampton, and how they helped the season at Hampton. Its crazy that Ables wasn't even considered.. Undefeated? No team last year? Playing Saturday for the first championship in school history? Bogus

fresh_prince

How do they determine who makes the short list?

FilmCrew

Wonderdog

Quote from: sickwillie on December 06, 2016, 02:09:45 pm
Regardless of how you all feel about the students that moved to Hampton, and how they helped the season at Hampton. Its crazy that Ables wasn't even considered.. Undefeated? No team last year? Playing Saturday for the first championship in school history? Bogus
I have not tooted the Ables horn one time all season. I do have to admit though. The guy has accomplished something special this season. No team to title (contending) team. Has that ever happened before?  Thomas and co. plays an immense roll in that obviously, but they don't come up with the gameplans every week, the staff does. They also have a lot to play for in Coach Mac.

bleudog

sickwillie

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Wonderdog on December 06, 2016, 04:14:07 pm
I have not tooted the Ables horn one time all season. I do have to admit though. The guy has accomplished something special this season. No team to title (contending) team. Has that ever happened before?  Thomas and co. plays an immense roll in that obviously, but they don't come up with the gameplans every week, the staff does. They also have a lot to play for in Coach Mac.

Seriously, how much game planning is there with monta on your team? Lol

AA Insider

Everyone keeps saying ables was handed the keys to the Porsche but the hermitage coach had those same keys last year and the year before. Gotta have a drivers liscense to drive

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: AA Insider on December 06, 2016, 05:00:51 pm
Everyone keeps saying ables was handed the keys to the Porsche but the hermitage coach had those same keys last year and the year before. Gotta have a drivers liscense to drive

The Hermitage coach didnt get to coach a sr monta, he is bigger, stronger and maybe faster than last year. Hampton has more depth, WITHOUT MONTA, THE HAMPTON TALK IS OVER 2 WEEKS AGO.

AA Insider

Wait, I thought it was already over? I watched FF Underground week 3 and England was declared the champs and rings were ordered it was a formality. Oh well like coach Dayton kitchens said Hampton will always be next years team.

dawgpound

Blew my mind he didn't even get the 8 2a coach of the year so the award is irrelevant to me

flawlessthoughts

I think everyone is mad about Hampton beating England. I'm surprised Monta made the list.

AirWarren

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on December 06, 2016, 05:22:04 pm
The Hermitage coach didnt get to coach a sr monta, he is bigger, stronger and maybe faster than last year. Hampton has more depth, WITHOUT MONTA, THE HAMPTON TALK IS OVER 2 WEEKS AGO.

That 10th grade class will have something to say about that.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: AirWarren on December 06, 2016, 06:37:04 pm
That 10th grade class will have something to say about that.

And if they back it up next year WITHOUT Monta, im sure wes will be the favorite to win.

Wonderdog

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on December 06, 2016, 04:46:11 pm
Seriously, how much game planning is there with monta on your team? Lol
I understand your point, I mentioned Monta Thomas and co. played an immense role in the success. I will put it this way, let 15-18 year old kids game plan for a 4 quarter high school football game vs Des Arc and England in the playoffs. See how that turns out. Ables called a good game vs England.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Wonderdog on December 06, 2016, 10:17:39 pm
I understand your point, I mentioned Monta Thomas and co. played an immense role in the success. I will put it this way, let 15-18 year old kids game plan for a 4 quarter high school football game vs Des Arc and England in the playoffs. See how that turns out. Ables called a good game vs England.

I didn't see but one hampton game, the des arc one, the plays that secured that game, not even nick saban could have coached. Lol.

All im saying is, without winning the football lottery with the move ins, nobody is still talking about hampton or ables. If he has another good year next season, then my hats off to him.

FootballFanatic12

CONGRATS TO ALL 6 PLAYERS AND 3 COACHES......ALL NOMINATED ARE VERY MUCH DESERVING AND HAD GREAT SEASONS AND CAREERS AND IT HAS BEEN A PLEASURE KEEPING UP WITH ALL THESE TREMENDOUS ATHLETES AND EXCELLENT COACHING STAFF.

flawlessthoughts

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on December 07, 2016, 06:04:41 am
I didn't see but one hampton game, the des arc one, the plays that secured that game, not even nick saban could have coached. Lol.

All im saying is, without winning the football lottery with the move ins, nobody is still talking about hampton or ables. If he has another good year next season, then my hats off to him.
They'll be pretty darn good in 2018. I believe they are a third to fourth seed come next season. Replacing 4,000 rushing yards is nearly impossible.

sickwillie

Quote from: FootballFanatic12 on December 07, 2016, 08:18:52 am
CONGRATS TO ALL 6 PLAYERS AND 3 COACHES......ALL NOMINATED ARE VERY MUCH DESERVING AND HAD GREAT SEASONS AND CAREERS AND IT HAS BEEN A PLEASURE KEEPING UP WITH ALL THESE TREMENDOUS ATHLETES AND EXCELLENT COACHING STAFF.

Why are you shouting? Lol

Pick_DA_EAGLES

purpleswag

Quote from: Wonderdog on December 06, 2016, 04:14:07 pm

Game plan meeting:

Ables- Sooooooooo snap the ball and let Monta go score???

(Asst. coaches look at each other and nod in approval)

Ables- lunch??

sickwillie

Quote from: purpleswag on December 07, 2016, 06:35:42 pm
Game plan meeting:

Ables- lunch??

Haha. Ignorant joke

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Wonderdog

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on December 07, 2016, 06:04:41 am

I agree with the bolded statement. I watched the England game online. He did not do a bad job calling that game.

Wonderdog

Quote from: purpleswag on December 07, 2016, 06:35:42 pm
Game plan meeting:

Ables- lunch??
LOL good one. +1

dawgpound

That easy huh so what does that say about yalls teams that have been beat by one player this year 

fresh_prince

Quote from: dawgpound on December 06, 2016, 05:41:26 pm
Blew my mind he didn't even get the 8 2a coach of the year so the award is irrelevant to me

Who won the 8 2A coach of the year?

purpleswag

Quote from: dawgpound on December 07, 2016, 10:02:56 pm
That easy huh so what does that say about yalls teams that have been beat by one player this year

Man you guys get y'all's feelings hurt way to easily. I personally had the opinion at the first of the season that your team was going to be really good just from what I had heard about Monta.

Now I can get on board with how good the team is but not with Ables being coach of the year and don't use the meshed a team together line. Losing teams want to win. The kids aren't stupid and know they will win with the move-ins. Instant success.

Im not out to get Ables but I feel that the award should go to someone doing more with less that's all.

baseball13

why is it more with less? I thought the best Coach should be crowned Coach of the year no matter what kind of team he has.
On a side note Nick Sabin won SEC coach of the year and he has the best in the country.

purpleswag

Quote from: baseball13 on December 08, 2016, 05:06:40 pm
why is it more with less? I thought the best Coach should be crowned Coach of the year no matter what kind of team he has.
On a side note Nick Sabin won SEC coach of the year and he has the best in the country.

Guess it depends on how you label "best coach." I feel that going the distance with less than freaks is a better sign of good coaching than just being able to get out of the studs way so to speak.

And what you're comparing is apples to oranges. Part of college coaching IS recruiting. So if they get the best in the nation it means they are the best at recruiting and can directly impact their coach of the year status.

In high school that's not part of the equation. If Ables had developed Monta then we might be having a different conversation

dawgpound

No one developed monta but I bet u he has gotten better since he has been in Hampton

fresh_prince

Quote from: purpleswag on December 08, 2016, 04:19:29 am
Man you guys get y'all's feelings hurt way to easily. I personally had the opinion at the first of the season that your team was going to be really good just from what I had heard about Monta.

Now I can get on board with how good the team is but not with Ables being coach of the year and don't use the meshed a team together line. Losing teams want to win. The kids aren't stupid and know they will win with the move-ins. Instant success.

Im not out to get Ables but I feel that the award should go to someone doing more with less that's all.

You believe Farmer did more with less with Brazeal and Thompson or Chambers did more with Garcia and Whitley?

purpleswag

Quote from: fresh_prince on December 08, 2016, 07:14:36 pm
You believe Farmer did more with less with Brazeal and Thompson or Chambers did more with Garcia and Whitley?

Absolutely not. I wouldn't want him to get it either but he makes a stronger case than Ables because he has been around there to develope them.

Brazeal and Thompson didn't just show up on his door step and all of a sudden they have more success than they have ever had.

Personally, I would vote for Carlisles coach or Foremans coach. 2 down teams that had no studs move in and competed at a high level.

flawlessthoughts

Quote from: dawgpound on December 08, 2016, 05:19:42 pm
No one developed monta but I bet u he has gotten better since he has been in Hampton
Honestly, you guys only witnessed half. I've seen better from Monta.

dawgpound

Really how many yards rushing did he have last year

Dr. Defense

Quote from: flawlessthoughts on December 09, 2016, 10:03:29 am
Honestly, you guys only witnessed half. I've seen better from Monta.

No you haven't I've seen him every year. This is by far the highest level Monta has played at

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas