• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

HC Lonoke

Started by purpleswag, December 03, 2016, 01:00:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: PrivateLesson on March 07, 2017, 08:13:22 am
OR....They waited to long and valuable candidates withdrew their names???

Right, they withdrew their names because they weren't interested anymore.

LC sports

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on March 07, 2017, 06:34:44 am
There must not have been much interest if they hired a guy on staff this late in the year.
that is not the case. I know that they interviewed several good candidates, including head coaches from other schools and a coordinator from the largest HS in the state. If you are interested, you can ask the Lonoke School District for the names via the Freedom of Information Act.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: LC sports on March 07, 2017, 09:55:25 am
that is not the case. I know that they interviewed several good candidates, including head coaches from other schools and a coordinator from the largest HS in the state. If you are interested, you can ask the Lonoke School District for the names via the Freedom of Information Act.

Well then, something's going on there if the interviewed "several good candidates" and ended up going with the interim guy. Maybe those guys didn't like what they were hearing from the interviewees.

But hey, if they're happy with the hire, more power to them.  8)

Big Country

They did interview several, and Coach Moore has done well getting the numbers back and has done a lot during the offseason ...good luck to him and the team

PrivateLesson

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on March 07, 2017, 08:40:47 am
Right, they withdrew their names because they weren't interested anymore.

Wonder if they were offered what they asked for to help the program or not??I.E. Assistsnt Coaches, etc?   Sometimes that can be drawbacks for a HC.   

Rabhog

Quote from: Big Country on March 07, 2017, 10:31:12 am
They did interview several, and Coach Moore has done well getting the numbers back and has done a lot during the offseason ...good luck to him and the team
He also went 1 & 5

Big Country

Quote from: Rabhog on March 08, 2017, 01:38:29 pm
He also went 1 & 5
true he did, but it was with what was left of the previous system.......he and the current asst have the numbers back up and several kids that wouldn't play before are returning, thing appear to be looking up... hopefully things get better at Lonoke

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Rabhog on March 08, 2017, 01:38:29 pm
He also went 1 & 5

And that was the worst Lonoke team I have ever seen as well. No doubt they will be better, but I'm stymied as to why they didn't want an established head coach.

Rabhog

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on March 08, 2017, 02:03:57 pm
And that was the worst Lonoke team I have ever seen as well. No doubt they will be better, but I'm stymied as to why they didn't want an established head coach.
That's what I'm talkn bout

nuttinbuthogs

I know nothing for sure but here's what may have happened based on this site and stories floating around. Sounds like some coaching candidates may have pulled out? Why? If you got head coaches at other schools and a coordinator from the largest school in the state, not sure but that means NWA, they may not have wanted to teach classes all day or half day.  Also, I haven't heard anything about new staff, and not bringing in staff is a deal breaker for lots of coaches. 
Like I said I don't have any proof, just sounds like.
Good luck to Coach Moore.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas