• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wynne vs Pulaski Academy 5A State Championship

Started by AIREDALE25, November 25, 2016, 08:51:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Who wins this?

Wynne
68 (64.8%)
Pulaski Academy
37 (35.2%)

Total Members Voted: 104

Voting closed: December 02, 2016, 10:43:25 am

Jimmy1995

oldjacketman

Several on the deep ball?? 3. Probably the most deep balls given up in a game all year. 3. 1 was a circus catch after the receiver and dback fell down. Perfect coverage by the dback. Ball bounces up in the air, receiver makes catch while lying on his back. 1 was when a safety or corner fell down. And there was 1 more. But they were beaten down field 3 times and one was a lucky bounce to a receiver lying on the ground. Amazing how uniformed people are.

deltahog66

IMO it comes down to Wynne's secondary.  I think Wynne's d-line will get some pressure but it may not matter with the qb getting the ball out quickly.  Wynne will score, pa will score. Comes down to which defense can get a few stops.

MDXPHD

Quote from: oldjacketman on November 26, 2016, 11:55:55 am
Several on the deep ball?? 3. Probably the most deep balls given up in a game all year. 3. 1 was a circus catch after the receiver and dback fell down. Perfect coverage by the dback. Ball bounces up in the air, receiver makes catch while lying on his back. 1 was when a safety or corner fell down. And there was 1 more. But they were beaten down field 3 times and one was a lucky bounce to a receiver lying on the ground. Amazing how uniformed people are.

You're confused about the meaning of this word.

oldjacketman

Well maybe "several" and "deep ball" have a different meaning in Batesville. Who knows. Deep ball to most means the qb throws the ball deep and in turn the receiver catches it. Several usually means several. What's not confusing is the number 3 or the fact that you have no clue of what you speak.

MDXPHD

Quote from: oldjacketman on November 26, 2016, 02:09:35 pm
Well maybe "several" and "deep ball" have a different meaning in Batesville. Who knows. Deep ball to most means the qb throws the ball deep and in turn the receiver catches it. Several usually means several. What's not confusing is the number 3 or the fact that you have no clue of what you speak.

Deep ball doesn't mean more than 40 yards to me. No need to debate this. You get your feelings hurt too easy. PA will eat up your secondary and you'll have success running the ball. Probably gonna be a good game.

oldjacketman

Let's make this easier then...they completed 3 down field over 15 yards. Simple enough? PA may very well do that. They are a great team. But your team didn't.  No feelings hurt here, we are playing for a championship next week. Since you have nothing else to do you should come watch.

oldjacketman

And a deep ball is a deep ball. If you're talking 20 yard throws, those would be the intermediate stuff I said they were bad at from the get go.

MDXPHD

Quote from: oldjacketman on November 26, 2016, 02:33:34 pm
Let's make this easier then...they completed 3 down field over 15 yards. Simple enough? PA may very well do that. They are a great team. But your team didn't.  No feelings hurt here, we are playing for a championship next week. Since you have nothing else to do you should come watch.

I'm not sure the exact stats, but those numbers don't seem to add up with what I was watching. Ill just agree so you don't keep on going. What I do know is that Wynne gave up 418 yards, 338 through the air and 171 to one wr on 8 catches.

I'll probably be there. Hopefully your team won't let you down, like they did two years ago. I'm pulling for Wynne I think. It would be a much easier decision who to cheer for if I wasn't reading the Wynne posts on here.

I say 20+ is a deep ball, but I'm "uninformed."

oldjacketman

November 26, 2016, 03:14:56 pm #59 Last Edit: November 26, 2016, 03:16:38 pm by oldjacketman
20 or less is not. You said you didn't mean 40 yard throws, now you're saying over 20. Is 40 more than 20?? Maybe they'll win, maybe they won't. They'll still have 4 state championships. How many do the pioneers have??? Were you let down 3 years in a row, or no?? That one receiver was great, hats off to him. And as I said before, they were eaten up on the short and intermediate stuff.

AT

I think the key here is that PA will get you with short or deep. Their timing routes are some of the best in the state, if not the best.

JacketDad

Quote from: oldjacketman on November 26, 2016, 03:14:56 pm
20 or less is not. You said you didn't mean 40 yard throws, now you're saying over 20. Is 40 more than 20?? Maybe they'll win, maybe they won't. They'll still have 4 state championships. How many do the pioneers have??? Were you let down 3 years in a row, or no?? That one receiver was great, hats off to him. And as I said before, they were eaten up on the short and intermediate stuff.
I know I get a little negative on here sometimes but oldjacketman you are pushing it a little too far.  MDXPHD wants to be a Jacket fan at least for this game and we should appreciate that. Beat up on the PA posters not friendly folk. We are going to need all the help we can get.

oldjacketman

Agree, almatrackster! Jacketdad, nothing being given to him that isn't in return to what's being given. Read. Wanna be a wynne fan, be one. Wanna take shots over and over, go sit on the PA side.

PA Dad

Quote from: JacketDad on November 26, 2016, 03:27:52 pm
I know I get a little negative on here sometimes but oldjacketman you are pushing it a little too far.  MDXPHD wants to be a Jacket fan at least for this game and we should appreciate that. Beat up on the PA posters not friendly folk. We are going to need all the help we can get.

Hey, PA posters ARE friendly folks!

JacketDad

Quote from: oldjacketman on November 26, 2016, 03:39:43 pm
Agree, almatrackster! Jacketdad, nothing being given to him that isn't in return to what's being given. Read. Wanna be a wynne fan, be one. Wanna take shots over and over, go sit on the PA side.
WOW!!  You are fired up. Hope you don't have a stroke before Saturday. Chill man!!

The_Pioneer

Wynne has a long storied history of posters that make it easy to root against them.  And added a few new ones this year.

MDXPHD

Quote from: PA Dad on November 26, 2016, 04:36:21 pm

You need to change that. You act like it's all inclusive!

PA Dad

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 26, 2016, 04:55:38 pm
You need to change that. You act like it's all inclusive!

Unfortunately, every school seems to have a bad apple.

oldjacketman

Jacketdad, not nearly as fired up as you were last night, insulting your own team. I guess you are defending him since you too were bashing the defense last night.

Grond

As I recall, in the 2015 PA-Wynne game, the flexbone gave PA some troubles (early on).

The Pulaski Academy offense is "gonna get theirs". It is not realistic to expect the Wynne defense to stop PA. The best way to deal with the PA offense is to keep it off the field.

So, some of the previous posts are correct: deal with the PA onside kicks; don't turn the ball over.

This game will come down to the struggle between the Wynne offense and the PA defense. Especially the Wynne offensive tackles vs. PA defensive ends.

Practicing for the Flexbone: No football
Talk to any D2 college in Arkansas, and they will give you opinions on how to deal with the flexbone offense, which is run by Harding University (who won the 2016 Great American Conference, and just beat Sioux Falls in the 2nd playoff game).

One of the difficulties in defending the flexbone is LB's and DB's getting mixed up trying to figure out where the ball is. The defense has to be disciplined, and react to where specific players go, rather than where the ball goes. Consequently, PA will likely practice against a scout team that is NOT using a football, in order to focus the defensive backs on the RB's and WR's.

I think PA will react well to the Wynne flexbone scheme.  Wynne must have its passing game working, and be ready to use some counter plays within the flexbone offense to deal with PA overreacting.

JessieP

This is tough for me. Having seen both teams take apart my Pioneers a few thoughts. PA is a class program, class fans and class players. Last night there was no taunting, no late hits and the atmosphere among the fans mingling at the snack bar was cordial, polite and one of mutual respect. Wynne can learn a lot from PA. Wynne players danced and taunted after a one yard gain. PA players went to a knee when a Batesville player got injured faster then the Pioneers did. The PA crowd applauded good plays by Batesville. It was my first trip there and I was blown away by the lack of arrogance by PA, class class class. Having said that, last night we played pretty bad. PA was awesome, no denying that, but we had too many unforced miscues early. You mess up against PA and they pounce on it. When we played Wynne we just looked outgunned. I can think of 7 plays where we had the PA QB and RB deep in the backfield and just didn't finish, sloppy tackling. Wynne will not make those mistakes. The one thing that could make it interesting is Wynne's DB's. Not only are they the weak link they are downright bad. PA could exploit that all night, if the o-line can keep Wynne off the QB (I doubt they will). I will be pulling for PA but I just think Wynne is too fast and too physical. I can see Wynne winning big. That means a long night of dancing, taunting and excessive celebrations. I just cannot say enough about PA, when they scored they lived the old Vince Lombardi adage, they acted like they had been there before.

The_Pioneer

Well, the Wynne attack dogs will be around soon.....

JacketDad

Quote from: oldjacketman on November 26, 2016, 05:20:54 pm
Jacketdad, not nearly as fired up as you were last night, insulting your own team. I guess you are defending him since you too were bashing the defense last night.
What defense?

oldjacketman

Exactly. I hope you aren't actually a dad to a kid on the team.

JacketDad

Quote from: oldjacketman on November 26, 2016, 07:26:52 pm
Exactly. I hope you aren't actually a dad to a kid on the team.
Not anymore.  But I will tell you this, even when I was we have never been able to defend the pass.  It's not just this team it has been this way all the way back to the Coach Campbell days.

oldjacketman

I think we are all in agreement that the team was bad against the pass last night. Not going to insult the kids though. They weren't recovering from thanksgiving meals. They had a bad night. This defense has been one of/if not the best scoring defense in 5A all season.

PA Dad

November 26, 2016, 08:46:27 pm #76 Last Edit: November 26, 2016, 08:56:35 pm by PA Dad
Quote from: JessieP on November 26, 2016, 06:58:32 pm
This is tough for me. Having seen both teams take apart my Pioneers a few thoughts. PA is a class program, class fans and class players. Last night there was no taunting, no late hits and the atmosphere among the fans mingling at the snack bar was cordial, polite and one of mutual respect. Wynne can learn a lot from PA. Wynne players danced and taunted after a one yard gain. PA players went to a knee when a Batesville player got injured faster then the Pioneers did. The PA crowd applauded good plays by Batesville. It was my first trip there and I was blown away by the lack of arrogance by PA, class class class. Having said that, last night we played pretty bad. PA was awesome, no denying that, but we had too many unforced miscues early. You mess up against PA and they pounce on it. When we played Wynne we just looked outgunned. I can think of 7 plays where we had the PA QB and RB deep in the backfield and just didn't finish, sloppy tackling. Wynne will not make those mistakes. The one thing that could make it interesting is Wynne's DB's. Not only are they the weak link they are downright bad. PA could exploit that all night, if the o-line can keep Wynne off the QB (I doubt they will). I will be pulling for PA but I just think Wynne is too fast and too physical. I can see Wynne winning big. That means a long night of dancing, taunting and excessive celebrations. I just cannot say enough about PA, when they scored they lived the old Vince Lombardi adage, they acted like they had been there before.

I sincerely appreciate your comments about PA. 

I think most PA fans know that we're perceived as rich, stuck up and snotty.  It's really not true, but we try extra hard to combat that image.  Reasonable folks realize that when they meet us.  But some folks hold that image regardless.

I hope I've learned that you can't judge a team, program or school based on the actions of a few.  Last year there were some posters on here that really turned me off on Hope until one Hope poster (a good one) asked that Hope not be judged based on a few posters.  I realized that he was right.  Every team/school has its bad apples.

I say that to say this:  don't judge Wynne based on the conduct of a few fans or players.  They have some bad apples like the rest of us but the majority of them are good folks.

If Wynne beats PA badly, they will earn the championship and earn the right to do some bragging.  I'll be the first to congratulate them.  And win or lose, there's no doubt they have a very talented team this year.

Edit:  After posting this, I tried to think of a Batesville poster who is just obnoxious.  I can't.  MDX is a big baiter, but he does it in fun and is not obnoxious about it (the only obnoxious thing about it is that he's reeled me in several times!).  The_Pioneer can exhibit a cutting wit, but I've never been offended by it - in fact I wish I had that trait.  So, kudos to Batesville posters.  But, I bet a bad apple shows up at some time - it's just inevitable.

MDXPHD

Quote from: JacketDad on November 26, 2016, 07:50:13 pm
Not anymore.  But I will tell you this, even when I was we have never been able to defend the pass.  It's not just this team it has been this way all the way back to the Coach Campbell days.

How dare you state something that's true about the defense when you have a kid on the team. Don't you know, you always tell them how great they are even if they play bad these days? Cmon man. Get with the program. Wynne played great last night on defense. You shouldn't say anything negative about them if you're a true fan.

JacketDad

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 26, 2016, 08:50:50 pm
How dare you state something that's true about the defense when you have a kid on the team. Don't you know, you always tell them how great they are even if they play bad these days? Cmon man. Get with the program. Wynne played great last night on defense. You shouldn't say anything negative about them if you're a true fan.
;D

MDXPHD

Quote from: PA Dad on November 26, 2016, 08:46:27 pm
I sincerely appreciate your comments about PA. 

I think most PA fans know that we're perceived as rich, stuck up and snotty.  It's really not true, but we try extra hard to combat that image.  Reasonable folks realize that when they meet us.  But some folks hold that image regardless.

I hope I've learned that you can't judge a team, program or school based on the actions of a few.  Last year there were some posters on here that really turned me off on Hope until one Hope poster (a good one) asked that Hope not be judged based on a few posters.  I realized that he was right.  Every team/school has its bad apples.

I say that to say this:  don't judge Wynne based on the conduct of a few fans or players.  They have some bad apples like the rest of us but the majority of them are good folks.

If Wynne beats PA badly, they will earn the championship and earn the right to do some bragging.  I'll be the first to congratulate them.  And win or lose, there's no doubt they have a very talented team this year.

Edit:  After posting this, I tried to think of a Batesville poster who is just obnoxious.  I can't.  MDX is a big baiter, but he does it in fun and is not obnoxious about it (the only obnoxious thing about it is that he's reeled me in several times!).  The_Pioneer can exhibit a cutting wit, but I've never been offended by it - in fact I wish I had that trait.  So, kudos to Batesville posters.  But, I bet a bad apple shows up at some time - it's just inevitable.

Batesville certainly has some. It's funny how some teams have one bad apple and others only have one respectable poster, if any.

I don't think Wynne will run away with this one. Even if they get up more than a couple of scores, PA is built to come back quick. One score and an onside kick is all it takes. It will be a good game.

Go Postal

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 26, 2016, 09:03:07 pm
Batesville certainly has some. It's funny how some teams have one bad apple and others only have one respectable poster, if any.

Just thank your lucky stars that the West just only got Alma back and not Greenwood also.  Yet.  LOL

PA Dad

Quote from: Go Postal on November 26, 2016, 09:13:59 pm
Just thank your lucky stars that the West just only got Alma back and not Greenwood also.  Yet.  LOL

Posty, you're one of the best!

I realize you are talking about posters, but I'm one of the few that wishes that GW would return to 5A.  I think the more good teams you have in a classification, the better.

PA Dad

Quote from: The_Pioneer on November 26, 2016, 04:41:06 pm
Wynne has a long storied history of posters that make it easy to root against them.  And added a few new ones this year.

Where's Ivan?

Wonderdog

In reference to the 2008 5A title game, it was a truly great game to watch. I am glad that I was in attendance. Neal Barlow made one of the best catches I have ever seen in a game to date in high school ball. If I am not mistaken I think the final score was 35-32 PA? Anyways...

This game like 99% of games in my opinion comes down to two categories. Turnovers and the big play. I once conducted some research and listened to some truly great coaches speak on the matter. The big play is powerful. I have found a "big play" to be 25+ yards. Through the air, on the ground, special teams, doesn't matter. The big play provides a special sense of momentum, especially for a quick paced offense. Rarely will you see a team lose the turnover margin and big play margin and still win the game. Over the course of 100+ games at the college level involved in the research I reviewed at the time, winning both categories was something like a 97% victory rate (maybe a tad higher).

Good luck to both teams, it should be a great game.

Complete Biased PoV

+1, Glad you got to see the PA "community" isn't as bad as some make it out to be.  Big reason the PA QB was scrambling so much was the coverage schemes called by Batesville coaches and the secondary staying disciplined in those schemes.  I have been watching PA for close to a decade and that may be the lowest passing yardage output in a game I have seen (if the official stats lineup with the newspaper's).  Game may have been different if the Batesville O could have gotten anything going, but Coach Wood has this PA defense playing lights out.  Hoping they can do it for one more week!

Yellowcake

My goodness this was a pleasure to read. We try hard to tell people reality doesn't line up
with the rumors. I am so glad you had this experience on the first trip to PA. it might have been on another thread, but I stated I spent the night on the Batesville sidelines. Class kids. Lots of comradarie. Great and vocal fans who rolled out to support their team. A few a little extra vocal towards the refs, but every school has those. And even at the height of their atatacks on the refs, not one curse word.

This is the game most folks thought would come about. I don't expect anyone who attends and isn't affiliated with PA to attend and root for PA. but win or lose, I hope the folks who do attend see the same things when they watch PA play and interact with their fans.

Safe travels for the Wynne faithful.

I know the kids are going to be stoked. On both sides. I can't wait.

Lumberjackfan1978

Quote from: PA Dad on November 26, 2016, 04:36:21 pm
i like the PA posters.And PA Dad you are a class act I'm pulling for y'all to win another state championship

PA Dad

Quote from: Grond on November 26, 2016, 05:36:45 pm
As I recall, in the 2015 PA-Wynne game, the flexbone gave PA some troubles (early on).

The Pulaski Academy offense is "gonna get theirs". It is not realistic to expect the Wynne defense to stop PA. The best way to deal with the PA offense is to keep it off the field.

So, some of the previous posts are correct: deal with the PA onside kicks; don't turn the ball over.

This game will come down to the struggle between the Wynne offense and the PA defense. Especially the Wynne offensive tackles vs. PA defensive ends.

Practicing for the Flexbone: No football
Talk to any D2 college in Arkansas, and they will give you opinions on how to deal with the flexbone offense, which is run by Harding University (who won the 2016 Great American Conference, and just beat Sioux Falls in the 2nd playoff game).

One of the difficulties in defending the flexbone is LB's and DB's getting mixed up trying to figure out where the ball is. The defense has to be disciplined, and react to where specific players go, rather than where the ball goes. Consequently, PA will likely practice against a scout team that is NOT using a football, in order to focus the defensive backs on the RB's and WR's.

I think PA will react well to the Wynne flexbone scheme.  Wynne must have its passing game working, and be ready to use some counter plays within the flexbone offense to deal with PA overreacting.

Great analysis.  I agree that this game comes down to the PA defense versus the Wynne offense.  PA will get their points, particularly if the Wynne DB's are as bad as some Wynne posters have indicated they are.  I don't doubt that Wynne will get it's stops against PA, but PA will score 35+ points.

But can PA stop the Wynne offense?

The PA defense is not big, but it is fast.  It is disciplined.  And, in my opinion,  Coach Wood is the best D.C. in the state. I just don't think either team will score at will like they are used to doing.

I'm betting on the PA defense.  I think PA wins 35-28.

walkingguy72396

2016 Wynne team is basically the same team that faced PA last year at Wynne.
In my opinion Wynne was one score away from taking that game.  Wynne did not score on that 2nd half first possesion and after that  PA's style of play dominated.

2016 PA has scored 97 points less than the 2015 team.  PA has one more game to make up the slack.
2016 Wynne has scored 285 points more  than the 2015 team.  2016 total includes 1 more game played than in 2015.
Wynne gave up 28 points less in 2016 than 2015.  Includes one more game

PA has allowed  20 points less than 2015 so far in 2016.
I think Wynnes numbers are more important.  285 points more.  That is impressive.
285 more points  21 points a game if averaged out.

Wynne with basically the same players

PA Dad

Quote from: walkingguy72396 on November 27, 2016, 12:17:16 am
2016 Wynne team is basically the same team that faced PA last year at Wynne.
In my opinion Wynne was one score away from taking that game.  Wynne did not score on that 2nd half first possesion and after that  PA's style of play dominated.

2016 PA has scored 97 points less than the 2015 team.  PA has one more game to make up the slack.
2016 Wynne has scored 285 points more  than the 2015 team.  2016 total includes 1 more game played than in 2015.
Wynne gave up 28 points less in 2016 than 2015.  Includes one more game

PA has allowed  20 points less than 2015 so far in 2016.
I think Wynnes numbers are more important.  285 points more.  That is impressive.
285 more points  21 points a game if averaged out.

Wynne with basically the same players

Wynne gave PA its biggest scare of the year last year.  At halftime I was convinced that Wynne would win that game.  And I realize that Wynne had a very young team last year.

Wynne is much better this year.   That's why I'm not real confident of my prediction that PA will win this game.

And I know most of the Wynne starters will be back next year.  I really hate to think about that.

Overdahill

I don't have a solid conviction other than it will be a 4 Qtr game. My heart says PA but my brain says Wynne.

My wife says I have a better heart than brain so hope that fares well for the Bruins ;D

JacketDad

What's up with this thread?  No post in over 24 hours for a Championship game?

Rick Swines

I'll go ahead and tell everyone how the game is going to go.  I was really impressed by mainly the PA defense on Friday night.  As you all know I've been on the wynne bandwagon ever since the batesville game and as much as I'm pulling for wynne to beat PA I don't think they can do it.  PA does so much on offense that it will confuse wynne and PA will score 42+.  Wynne will get off to a slow start on offense and it will cost them the championship. 

My prediction is
PA 48
Wynne 42

Chief_Osceola™

Both teams are very strong offensively, while being polar opposites as far as what they do.  I think PA's defense is a little ahead of Wynne's, but I think Wynne's power rushing attack can cause PA's defense some problems.  For Wynne to win, they're gonna have to sustain drives to keep PA's defense on the field and their offense off it.  They'll have to wear them down and hope to have them gassed in the 4th quarter.  On the other hand, to slow down PA I think Wynne will need to get them behind the chains on early downs and get them in to 3rd/4th and long situations, which means creative blitzes from all over the field, jamming receivers to disrupt timing, and guys up front holding and filling gaps and running lanes.  For PA to slow down Wynne, their defense will have to be even more disciplined with gap assignments and reads. 

One thing that hasn't been discussed much is the mental aspect.  Which team has more pressure on them?  PA is going for it's 3rd consecutive title, which is a tall task, while Wynne has been a favorite among many most of the year to dethrone the Bruins.  One other thing to consider - no one really talks about it but it's the elephant in the room - PA beats a lot of teams before the game begins because whether an opponent will admit it or not, the thought of having to recover onside kicks every single time, plus stopping them for 4 downs every possession, is in the back of their minds.  It's unconventional, and is not something special teams or defenses are accustomed to doing.

Anyway, I'll take PA in a close game.  I think both teams will get their points, but ultimately I think PA's defense will be the difference, provided they are not completely worn down in the 4th.

Grond

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on November 28, 2016, 10:50:41 am
Both teams are very strong offensively, while being polar opposites as far as what they do.  I think PA's defense is a little ahead of Wynne's, but I think Wynne's power rushing attack can cause PA's defense some problems.  For Wynne to win, they're gonna have to sustain drives to keep PA's defense on the field and their offense off it.  They'll have to wear them down and hope to have them gassed in the 4th quarter.  On the other hand, to slow down PA I think Wynne will need to get them behind the chains on early downs and get them in to 3rd/4th and long situations, which means creative blitzes from all over the field, jamming receivers to disrupt timing, and guys up front holding and filling gaps and running lanes.  For PA to slow down Wynne, their defense will have to be even more disciplined with gap assignments and reads. 

One thing that hasn't been discussed much is the mental aspect.  Which team has more pressure on them?  PA is going for it's 3rd consecutive title, which is a tall task, while Wynne has been a favorite among many most of the year to dethrone the Bruins.  One other thing to consider - no one really talks about it but it's the elephant in the room - PA beats a lot of teams before the game begins because whether an opponent will admit it or not, the thought of having to recover onside kicks every single time, plus stopping them for 4 downs every possession, is in the back of their minds.  It's unconventional, and is not something special teams or defenses are accustomed to doing.

Anyway, I'll take PA in a close game.  I think both teams will get their points, but ultimately I think PA's defense will be the difference, provided they are not completely worn down in the 4th.

Well said, Chief.

Has PA faced any other teams running the Flexbone offense this year? Or other strong running teams?

PA Dad

Quote from: Grond on November 28, 2016, 09:40:14 pm
Well said, Chief.

Has PA faced any other teams running the Flexbone offense this year? Or other strong running teams?

Yes.  Salt Lake City East.  They were outclassed.

the voice

I think the old tired and true belief of keeping the offense of the field doesn't apply here. Just my opinion. PA is unconventional and look to score quickly and often. Wynne employs a system that's typically a ball control offense but for the most part doesn't run it that way. To beat these teams you gotta score 50 and get your points with a stop or two sprinkled in. Both teams  thrive from scoring and allowing defense to pin ears back and rush. Out scoring and putting pressure on opponent to keep up leads to pressure put on opponent. I expect a shoot out. PA is great at finding the open guy , they're capable of matching the score. Don't see a lot of stops for either side but could be wrong.

Ventman

PercussionMan

Quote from: Go Postal on November 26, 2016, 09:13:59 pm

+1

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas