• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Watson Chapel Wildcats at Wynne YellowJackets --- Semifinals!!!

Started by MDXPHD, November 18, 2016, 09:37:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

MDXPHD

Thoughts and predictions. And friendly banter.

Wynne takes this one. 36-14

JacketDad

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 18, 2016, 09:37:04 pm
Thoughts and predictions. And friendly banter.

Wynne takes this one. 36-14
Hope you are right.  All East at WMS!!

MDXPHD

I don't think WC has seen a team like Wynne this season have they? Pine Bluff, of course. Does anyone in the South run an offense like Wynne?

Wynne made McClellan look like they hadn't played football. Didn't know how to move the ball to the endzone or stop the run. It was extremely lopsided.

sportsguy80

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 18, 2016, 10:45:33 pm
I don't think WC has seen a team like Wynne this season have they? Pine Bluff, of course. Does anyone in the South run an offense like Wynne?

Wynne made McClellan look like they hadn't played football. Didn't know how to move the ball to the endzone or stop the run. It was extremely lopsided.
Many didn't think LRM would go up to Batesville and win last year. Who knows maybe WC is this year's McClellan...

GuvHog

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 18, 2016, 10:45:33 pm

I'm not making any predictions but I will make an important point:

In the first round of the playoffs, WC scored 36 points and beat a Sylvan Hills team at Sylvan Hills that also beat McClellan. WC's defensive forte' is stopping or at least limiting the run. Don't believe it? Ask the Sylvan Hills and Alma coaches.

MDXPHD

Quote from: GuvHog on November 19, 2016, 07:52:39 am
I'm not making any predictions but I will make an important point:

In the first round of the playoffs, WC scored 36 points and beat a Sylvan Hills team at Sylvan Hills that also beat McClellan. WC's defensive forte' is stopping or at least limiting the run. Don't believe it? Ask the Sylvan Hills and Alma coaches.

That's a good position to be in. But....Wynne isn't Alma or SH. Wynne has, by far, the best rushing attack in 5A. It's not even close.

brown2010

wynnefootballfan

Prevent the big play and take care of the ball. Jackets by 19+.

GuvHog

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 19, 2016, 08:16:18 am
That's a good position to be in. But....Wynne isn't Alma or SH. Wynne has, by far, the best rushing attack in 5A. It's not even close.

That might be and I won't argue the point but Wynne is about to see speed and quickness like they have not seen thus far. Both Sylvan Hills and Alma had success running the ball all year but neither team could get their running game going against WC. Wynne is good, no doubt about it and I would not be at all surprised if they win next Friday. If that turns out to be the case I won't complain, I'll just be very proud the Cats made it that far after what they've gone through with players being removed from the team a few weeks back. Dutton had to basically rebuild the team after their first conference loss so I never expected them to make it this far.

Deuceswild

Havent seen much Chapel highlights this year but have seen enough of wynne to think they just wear down the opponents with brute strength. Props to both teams for stayin alive through all this but I just can't go with Chapel. Wynne is likely the team to beat for obvious reasons. I will take Wynne at home 42-21

justalionfan

Quote from: GuvHog on November 19, 2016, 09:34:44 am
Wynne is about to see speed and quickness like they have not seen thus far.

Here we go again. heard this story all season long.

Deuceswild

the voice

The complex simplicity of the option attack is what makes it difficult. You can run it with less talent and find success. When you add talent it's really effective. An option team doesn't care how you line up , they do what they do. If everyone on defense does their assignment the offense still gains 2-3 if run properly .  As a defense you can't blitz and use speed without getting burned. Sitting back and reading will have you watching the ball run by. The funny thing is I'm an old wishbone guy and CH and I used to argue about offensive philosophy as he was a spread guy. He got close to a ring with the spread, but his best chance is with this group and an option attack. It would be real interesting if he decided to slow down and play keep away

AIREDALE25

After some how maraciously beating Alma Watson Chapel is going to be all over there heads.
Wynne- 62
WC-3

sportsguy80

Quote from: AIREDALE25 on November 19, 2016, 10:45:30 am
After some how maraciously beating Alma Watson Chapel is going to be all over there heads.
Wynne- 62
WC-3
Sounds like sour grapes to me. Give them a little bit more credit than that. They did come into your backyard and win, right? Alma had a good season but Chapel ended it.

The Future

Wynne by 24
Get ready for a PA Wynne title rematch from 2014

#1jacketfan

Quote from: GuvHog on November 19, 2016, 09:34:44 am
That might be and I won't argue the point but Wynne is about to see speed and quickness like they have not seen thus far. Both Sylvan Hills and Alma had success running the ball all year but neither team could get their running game going against WC. Wynne is good, no doubt about it and I would not be at all surprised if they win next Friday. If that turns out to be the case I won't complain, I'll just be very proud the Cats made it that far after what they've gone through with players being removed from the team a few weeks back. Dutton had to basically rebuild the team after their first conference loss so I never expected them to make it this far.
Lol....I love it!

Absolut

This looks like the WC/Alma thread. Everybody is overlooking WC and expecting Wynne wake up, yawn, whip WC then get back in bed.

Rick Swines

Absolut

I can make an argment we don't know who wynne is. They have played the weakest schedule I've seen in class 5A. I'm struggling to even find tape of a quality opponent that wynne has played. So who can say wynne is truly championship material?

Pwil11

Quote from: Absolut on November 19, 2016, 02:44:50 pm
I can make an argment we don't know who wynne is. They have played the weakest schedule I've seen in class 5A. I'm struggling to even find tape of a quality opponent that wynne has played. So who can say wynne is truly championship material?
Please tell me I just didn't read this.

Absolut

Quote from: Pwil11 on November 19, 2016, 02:49:20 pm
Please tell me I just didn't read this.

You just did and you didn't make an argument to refute my point.

JacketDad

Quote from: Absolut on November 19, 2016, 02:58:23 pm
You just did and you didn't make an argument to refute my point.
This guy will disappear on Friday night just like Jimmy1995 did this weekend.

#1jacketfan

Quote from: JacketDad on November 19, 2016, 03:04:48 pm
This guy will disappear on Friday night just like Jimmy1995 did this weekend.
Don't take the bait Jacketdad....he's trying to reel u in with a crock of bull....besides they got beat by Magnolia and got whipped like a rented mule against Warren...so you can't put much into what he says.

MDXPHD

Quote from: Absolut on November 19, 2016, 02:44:50 pm

Cmon absolut! You watch football enough to know that Wynne is championship material this season. You have forgotten that your team was down by 21 in the first round. You will see Friday night what makes Wynne so good. They will have plenty of speed and match up better against wc than Alma did.

Absolut

And there you have it. My point has been made. No legitimate response to refute my point. Just a bunch of hogwash from homers.

Anyway this should be a very competitive game. wynne has some very talented players and they've took to the new scheme very well. WC offensive line played a very good game which is encouraging. I was proud that we finally started playing well at 7:00 pm when the game starts and we ran out to a big 21-0 lead to show for it. Defense played well for the most part, but Alma has more trick plays than any team I've ever seen, which lead to some points for them.

Absolut

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 19, 2016, 03:32:09 pm
Cmon absolut! You watch football enough to know that Wynne is championship material this season. You have forgotten that your team was down by 21 in the first round. You will see Friday night what makes Wynne so good. They will have plenty of speed and match up better against wc than Alma did.

MDX I didn't say wynne WASN"T championship material. I said we can't say DEFINITIVELY, because their schedule is so weak. But thanks for making some good points unlike some other posters. wynne does matchup better with WC.

#1jacketfan

Quote from: Absolut on November 19, 2016, 03:39:18 pm
MDX I didn't say wynne WASN"T championship material. I said we can't say DEFINITIVELY, because their schedule is so weak. But thanks for making some good points unlike some other posters. wynne does matchup better with WC.
Just don't go hide after the game...cause you're gonna eat those words!

The Green Arrow

I'd stick Wynne up against anyone in the entire state this year. They are just a different breed of animal. Wynne may not lose until after next years state title game. I see the train moving on this week and do not really think anyone in 5A will stop it. (Btw, not a Wynne homer)

Rick Swines

Quote from: Absolut on November 19, 2016, 03:35:32 pm
And there you have it. My point has been made. No legitimate response to refute my point. Just a bunch of hogwash from homers.

Anyway this should be a very competitive game. wynne has some very talented players and they've took to the new scheme very well. WC offensive line played a very good game which is encouraging. I was proud that we finally started playing well at 7:00 pm when the game starts and we ran out to a big 21-0 lead to show for it. Defense played well for the most part, but Alma has more trick plays than any team I've ever seen, which lead to some points for them.

I'll play along. Let's break down Wynnes schedule

Non conference
Marion W 41-17
Marion wasn't a great 6A school but very competitive against Jonesboro, pine bluff, and West memphis

Conference
Batesville W 63-21. It was 41-0 at the start of the second quarter. I realize Batesville has a bunch of injuries but they are in the semi's of the 5a state playoffs

Forrest city- W 62-28 not a huge test but a quarterfinal team that handled the west co champion 60-21

Morrilton- W 50-21 The west's best team. Wynne dominated

McClellan- played PA 22-18 and had a major injury but Wynne won 36-8 and held McClellan to 90 yards.

I'm not saying Wynne will beat pa as I think that game is truly 50-50 but they will absolutely kill Watson chapel.

I love Batesville but I don't think we will win. I'm just being honest. I hope we do.

So we can all agree that Wynne is championship material and have played a good schedule. Some would say great schedule including the playoffs.

#1jacketfan

Quote from: Rick Swines on November 19, 2016, 05:03:08 pm
I'll play along. Let's break down Wynnes schedule

Non conference
Marion W 41-17
Marion wasn't a great 6A school but very competitive against Jonesboro, pine bluff, and West memphis

Conference
Batesville W 63-21. It was 41-0 at the start of the second quarter. I realize Batesville has a bunch of injuries but they are in the semi's of the 5a state playoffs

Forrest city- W 62-28 not a huge test but a quarterfinal team that handled the west co champion 60-21

Morrilton- W 50-21 The west's best team. Wynne dominated

McClellan- played PA 22-18 and had a major injury but Wynne won 36-8 and held McClellan to 90 yards.

I'm not saying Wynne will beat pa as I think that game is truly 50-50 but they will absolutely kill Watson chapel.

I love Batesville but I don't think we will win. I'm just being honest. I hope we do.

So we can all agree that Wynne is championship material and have played a good schedule. Some would say great schedule including the playoffs.
Great post!

justalionfan

Quote from: #1jacketfan on November 19, 2016, 05:58:23 pm
Great post!
PA has played three common opponents as wynne and this Friday will be 4. PA is averaging 43 points per game and is allowing 19 points per game on those three opponents. Wynne is averaging 49.3 points per game and is allowing 14 points per game.

Redskin2015

Yellowcake

As I noted on other threads, it's too bad we can't all be like Wynne and basically get a bye to the championship game, then just show up and win. This "new breed" must be better than the Dallas Cowboys.

Throw in their humble fans and, wow, you see why everyone wishes they were from Wynne.

We will just try to get past Batesville this week and humbly appreciate the chance for a threepeat.

MDXPHD

Quote from: Yellowcake on November 19, 2016, 07:16:57 pm
As I noted on other threads, it's too bad we can't all be like Wynne and basically get a bye to the championship game, then just show up and win. This "new breed" must be better than the Dallas Cowboys.

Throw in their humble fans and, wow, you see why everyone wishes they were from Wynne.

We will just try to get past Batesville this week and humbly appreciate the chance for a threepeat.

Oh the irony.

I do think Wynne is focused on this weeks game. I think WC will have more success than Mccellan or morrilton, but I don't think they have what it takes to best Wynne. Wynne has had arguably the toughest road to the championship and has dismantled two quality teams on their way. It was close at half in both games but they wore the opponent down in the second half with their style of play. Looking forward to this weeks matchups on both sides of the bracket.

JacketDad

Quote from: Yellowcake on November 19, 2016, 07:16:57 pm

Come on, Yellowcake, aren't you even gonna wait till after the Batesville game before you start prodding us Wynne fans?

Rick Swines

The truth is Wynne will have had a much harder road than Pulaski Academy to the finals but let's get past Batesville first before we start planning for wynne yellow

oldjacketman

If wynne hasn't played anyone, who has? If I'm not mistaken they've beaten 3 top 5 teams, 5 top 10 teams. Who else has come close to playing a schedule like that?

Yellowcake

Quote from: JacketDad on November 19, 2016, 07:28:38 pm
Come on, Yellowcake, aren't you even gonna wait till after the Batesville game before you start prodding us Wynne fans?

Me? Never. :)

PA Dad

I've seen parts of Wynne games on live stream.  They are definitely a top notch team.  They probably have the best running game I've seen in a long time in any classification in Arkansas.  They actually remind me of Salt Lake City East, the team that beat PA this year.

I saw part of the WC/Alma game.  I have not seen any of their other games so I don't know much about WC.

I doubt that WC can hold Wynne to 35 points.  So the question is whether WC can score 35 or more.

From my limited observation of Wynne, I think the defense is stout against the run but may be more vulnerable to a good passing attack.  I don't know if WC has that, but I think it is WC's only chance to win.

I'll take Wynne by 10.

FD4

Well I say one more time, the YJ's are like Bruce Lee, whip a bus load of mugs with two bus loads on the way.

Everybody that gets this far is good. As for the weakest district being the East, if it is so darn weak, why are there two teams left from the East left in the hunt? Don't be shocked when Wynne and Batesville square off at WM for unfinished business, just like 1986 all over again.

PA Dad

Quote from: FD4 on November 19, 2016, 11:20:47 pm
Well I say one more time, the YJ's are like Bruce Lee, whip a bus load of mugs with two bus loads on the way.

Everybody that gets this far is good. As for the weakest district being the East, if it is so darn weak, why are there two teams left from the East left in the hunt? Don't be shocked when Wynne and Batesville square off at WM for unfinished business, just like 1986 all over again.

What am I missing?  I agreed in the "conferences " thread that the East is the best conference this year.  Who ever said that the East is the weakest conference?

Is your inferiority complex showing or are you just baiting?  If you're baiting, I don't think you will find anyone to argue that the East is the weakest conference.  Nice try.

FD4

You know my posts better than that Dad, Absolute made that statement again Wynne having the weakest schedule in 5A. But if you really want to start slinging crap, do you know the difference between "willful" and "wontent"? Be very careful what you say next, the rest of 5A has had about enough of your Academy and every thing it gets away with.

Overdahill

I dont understand why there are ONLY 3 threads on this game ???

FD4

Yellowcake

Quote from: FD4 on November 20, 2016, 07:41:15 am
You know my posts better than that Dad, Absolute made that statement again Wynne having the weakest schedule in 5A. But if you really want to start slinging crap, do you know the difference between "willful" and "wontent"? Be very careful what you say next, the rest of 5A has had about enough of your Academy and every thing it gets away with.

Gets away with? You mean state championships?

Be careful what someone says next? Why, you going to challenge them to brawl behind the Wynne Sonic?

Let's not start this again. Both teams have games this week. Or at least we do. Wynne may get a bye, though. If WC reads this, they may know they shouldn't even show up.

P.S. Wontent? Here's the distinction between that and "willful"..... One's a word and one isn't. Try again, but this time, use a dictionary. If you know the way to the library.

Maynard G Krebs

why do some posters find the need to be acerbic and bitter? 

walkingguy72396

#1jacketfan

Quote from: PA Dad on November 19, 2016, 11:27:10 pm
What am I missing?  I agreed in the "conferences " thread that the East is the best conference this year.  Who ever said that the East is the weakest conference?

Is your inferiority complex showing or are you just baiting?  If you're baiting, I don't think you will find anyone to argue that the East is the weakest conference.  Nice try.
I don't think he was really saying that to you...I think he was referring to another post...

PA Dad

Quote from: FD4 on November 20, 2016, 07:41:15 am

I do know your posts, or thought I did.  It's not like you to bait or make threats.  But claiming that posters on this board say that the East is the weakest conference is just wrong.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas