• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sheridan HC open again (filled - Lance Parker)

Started by goldoline, November 15, 2016, 04:20:58 am

Previous topic - Next topic

GotInfo?

Parker was OC at Bryant for several years before leaving for Russellville when Buck James took the Bryant job.  Coach James wanted his own guy, which is normal.  1st year at Russellville, Parker was a position coach, but got moved up to Co-OC this past year. 

He is a young coach, coming from a football family.  He knows offense.  Big, BIG question will be, Is he truly ready to be a HC?  Especially at a school that has struggled in many areas as Sheridan has.  He has worked under some good HC in Paul Calley and recently Billy Dawson.  Time will tell.

Most important thing is if he is the new HC, All of Sheridan needs to get behind him and SUPPORT the program.

Fullbacktrap75

Young energy may be what is needed at Sheridan.

Pat Swilling

Quote from: GotInfo? on January 31, 2017, 08:40:57 am
Parker was OC at Bryant for several years before leaving for Russellville when Buck James took the Bryant job.  Coach James wanted his own guy, which is normal.  1st year at Russellville, Parker was a position coach, but got moved up to Co-OC this past year. 

He is a young coach, coming from a football family.  He knows offense.  Big, BIG question will be, Is he truly ready to be a HC?  Especially at a school that has struggled in many areas as Sheridan has.  He has worked under some good HC in Paul Calley and recently Billy Dawson.  Time will tell.

Most important thing is if he is the new HC, All of Sheridan needs to get behind him and SUPPORT the program.

I think its a logical hire.  Especially if no big name guys put in. 

IAFLAR7

Quote from: GotInfo? on January 31, 2017, 08:40:57 am

Also don't forget he played under coach Patton and is probably still close to him. He has plenty of people to lean on for advice.

hogalum05

I give Sheridan an F for the way they handled all of this and knowing some of the inside story can tell you there is 1 coach that got screwed in all this. Unfortunately Campbell's lack of success and a schools lack of loyalty robbed him of the opportunity. Other than that this might be good for Sheridan. I will say they managed to hire a good coach. He's smart and although not much, has good experience. As Co-Coord at RHS and an OC at Bryant in which Calley pretty much ran the Offense it will be interesting to see how he does when he is completely in charge. Especially of an entire program. Time will tell!

Wildcat Football

I believe Lance Parker is a good hire for Sheridan.  He knows how to run a good offense, but it will take a few years to turn program into a competitor due to apathy with football mindset, baseball rules here. If I were him, I would scour the halls and find all able-bodied players and motivate.  He has the pedigree and mentors, so IMO good hire for the Yellow Jackets.

zebradynasty

Some young enthusiasm might be what is needed. Certainly could help generate some interest in the early grades. Him not having HC experience isn't a major concern...it will be a tough gig though no doubt about it. Young man stay positive its not like he can mess anything up! Young hungry coach with something to prove good match!

Razorbacks48

what offense does Parker run?

RiverRunner02

Wildcat Football

Well, I don't really know but from watching bryant and russellville it will be a balanced offense but leans more passing depending on personnel.  If he has a bruiser back, he won't shy from handing the ball off more.  If he can get into a lot of 7 on 7 camps this summer, it will help players develop pass, catch, run....and defense pass coverage skills get enhanced in this format.  It is a must nowadays to play 7 on 7 in summer.

zebradynasty

Quote from: Wildcat Football on January 31, 2017, 01:25:20 pm
Well, I don't really know but from watching bryant and russellville it will be a balanced offense but leans more passing depending on personnel.  If he has a bruiser back, he won't shy from handing the ball off more.  If he can get into a lot of 7 on 7 camps this summer, it will help players develop pass, catch, run....and defense pass coverage skills get enhanced in this format.  It is a must nowadays to play 7 on 7 in summer.

7 on 7 helps with the timing and keeps kids in condition but it's not a must have.

Wildcat Football

It is at Sheridan due to the demographic.  :)

RiverRunner02

Quote from: Wildcat Football on January 31, 2017, 01:25:20 pm
They'll rely heavily on RPO's. Whatever the defense gives them. It'll be up to the QB to make the right read.

AHS_Laserbacks

Quote from: zebradynasty on January 31, 2017, 01:39:06 pm
7 on 7 helps with the timing and keeps kids in condition but it's not a must have.

Agreed. It helps some, but it needs to be emphasis and repitition in fall practice with the pads on

maxswine

Quote from: GotInfo? on January 31, 2017, 08:40:57 am1st year at Russellville, Parker was a position coach, but got moved up to Co-OC this past year. 

I may be misreading this, but this makes it seem like he was at Russellville 2 years.  He was only at Russellville for one year. 

Iknewthemwhen

Quote from: IAFLAR7 on January 31, 2017, 09:15:44 am
Also don't forget he played under coach Patton and is probably still close to him. He has plenty of people to lean on for advice.

LOL!  I'd be careful of what advice I got from Patton. 

Iknewthemwhen

Young energy, young enthusiasm,  stays positive.  Not mocking but he's going to need all those things for what will likely be a tough row to hoe.  Sheridan could prove to be too much to turn around and on the other hand if he can he will make himself a name based on his own ability and not his "pedigree". 

GotInfo?

Quote from: maxswine on January 31, 2017, 10:18:27 pm
I may be misreading this, but this makes it seem like he was at Russellville 2 years.  He was only at Russellville for one year. 
You are correct.  Miss typed.  Thanks for catching it.

IAFLAR7

Quote from: Iknewthemwhen on January 31, 2017, 10:22:31 pm
LOL!  I'd be careful of what advice I got from Patton. 
I know you're being facetious. But from a football standpoint, Patton is a great coach.

Mike Love

As an old alumni and former player, I like the fiery, young coach aspect...he has some help to lean on a little, a couple of my former team mates are around and good coaches

Iknewthemwhen

Quote from: IAFLAR7 on February 01, 2017, 11:38:00 am
I know you're being facetious. But from a football standpoint, Patton is a great coach.

Yes, the man is a good football coach with an excellent resume.  As a role model or as a man I would want my child to emulate, well, that's another story.

RZback

Is Patton back at Bauxite after his surgery, and is he going to be there again next season?

hogalum05

Any news out of Sheridan?? Parker started work and mixing things up yet?

WonderWartHawg

Quote from: hogalum05 on February 13, 2017, 09:56:14 pm
Any news out of Sheridan?? Parker started work and mixing things up yet?

Wants to throw the ball more, but not go totally passing team.
Likes what the defense was doing basically, but wants to add a little more pressure.

AHS2005

How is this job still open? Todd Ledford would fit nicely for you guys. Great dude and a solid coach.

Oldbadger

Mike Love

Met Coach Lance Parker last night, was very impressed. I think he may change some things. Especially attitudes. Can't gauge if he will "win" yet, but I would say he is a winner.

ghostoffootballpast

GuvHog

Quote from: Mike Love on February 22, 2017, 07:27:34 pm
Met Coach Lance Parker last night, was very impressed. I think he may change some things. Especially attitudes. Can't gauge if he will "win" yet, but I would say he is a winner.

I've always wondered what happened to Sheridan's football program. Back in the late 60's they were a dominant winning program and then it seemed as if they just dropped off of the map. What in the world happened to cause that??

nuttinbuthogs

That would be nearly 60 years and it was short lived I believe.  Coach left and program went down hill. Never have done much since. 

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: GuvHog on April 01, 2017, 02:57:39 pm
I've always wondered what happened to Sheridan's football program. Back in the late 60's they were a dominant winning program and then it seemed as if they just dropped off of the map. What in the world happened to cause that??
School integration for $1000 please

AirWarren

Quote from: Oldman on April 06, 2017, 02:41:20 pm
School integration for $1000 please
"The white parents became upset and called another vote the next night. At that vote, the board voted unanimously to keep the local school segregated. Community members in the area, still not happy, petitioned and forced four school board members to step down. Next, the largest employer of African-Americans in the area offered to move the black families outside of Grant County to Malvern, at the employer's own expense, or to burn their houses down. After the departure of the last African-American student from the city limits, the city bulldozed the African-American school; the remnants of the school were buried and the city no longer had a duty to integrate their schools"

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sheridan,_Arkansas

GuvHog

Quote from: AirWarren on April 06, 2017, 03:07:28 pm
"The white parents became upset and called another vote the next night. At that vote, the board voted unanimously to keep the local school segregated. Community members in the area, still not happy, petitioned and forced four school board members to step down. Next, the largest employer of African-Americans in the area offered to move the black families outside of Grant County to Malvern, at the employer's own expense, or to burn their houses down. After the departure of the last African-American student from the city limits, the city bulldozed the African-American school; the remnants of the school were buried and the city no longer had a duty to integrate their schools"

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sheridan,_Arkansas

Good Lord, what a mess. I'm glad my family didn't have to deal with crap like that. For the first part of my school years I went to school in the Watson Chapel district. In the fall of 70, the Feds came in and the forced desegregation talk started along with the threats of violence and walkouts. Our parents didn't want us Involved in that mess so we moved to Mountain Pine where the school system was already integrated. It was the first time in my life that my younger brother and I went to school with African American students and we had no problems at all with it. I really liked living there.

WonderWartHawg

Quote from: GuvHog on April 21, 2017, 04:37:30 pm
Good Lord, what a mess. I'm glad my family didn't have to deal with crap like that. For the first part of my school years I went to school in the Watson Chapel district. In the fall of 70, the Feds came in and the forced desegregation talk started along with the threats of violence and walkouts. Our parents didn't want us Involved in that mess so we moved to Mountain Pine where the school system was already integrated. It was the first time in my life that my younger brother and I went to school with African American students and we had no problems at all with it. I really liked living there.

We had a whole mess of kids transfer to Rison from Watson Chapel during that time.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas