• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Magnet Cove vs Hackett

Started by Bagheera, November 01, 2016, 01:54:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Bagheera

I know its a week away but what's the scoop on Hackett?  Stats look good but is that from lack of competition or are they that good?

Hornet4ever

Quote from: Bagheera on November 01, 2016, 01:54:03 pm
I know its a week away but what's the scoop on Hackett?  Stats look good but is that from lack of competition or are they that good?

If our team shows up to play like usual, it will be a mercy rule.

Hornet4ever

I've watched a couple of games of Magnet Cove. Their game against PC, and Conway Christian. Magnet Cove has some talent on offense, and has potential. Their pass defense though is really handicapped. Conway Christian tore them apart on a simple spread attack. Hackett has a good pass offense, haven't had a problem passing on any team this season. That spells trouble for Magnet Cove, our defense isn't a slouch either, if your QB makes those mistakes I saw (constant dropped snaps, buckle under pressure) it will be over quick. The QB for you guys wasn't bad when he had time, but if he got any pressure it was either a turnover, a sack, or a scramble or throw out of bounds.

bigworm

MC qb is a sophomore. He will be a good one as he gets older. They have struggled some this year but you better not count them out.

Hornet4ever

Quote from: bigworm on November 01, 2016, 08:35:03 pm
MC qb is a sophomore. He will be a good one as he gets older. They have struggled some this year but you better not count them out.

Not counting out anyone, Hackett got beat by a 5 seed back in 2012. We know what's it's like to choke. This team is miles better then that one, but still.

Mc30

November 02, 2016, 12:04:39 am #5 Last Edit: November 02, 2016, 12:23:58 am by Mc30
Qb is a senior at magnet. Sophomore qb played at poyen and quitman due to Sr qb being ejected about 3rd play of poyen game.

Hornet4ever

The running back #24 I believe is pretty good, when he had room or help he made some good plays.

N2DEEP

If MC plays as a team they should atleast put up a fight. Reality is MC has players out of position based upon necessity, but they have tried to make it work. On defense their issue is overall team speed. We have had issues on runs around the end and pass plays. If our linebackers can play well sideline to sideline then we have a chance, but if we get down by 14 or more they seem to lose focus and crumble.

Hornet4ever

Quote from: N2DEEP on November 02, 2016, 06:40:13 am
If MC plays as a team they should atleast put up a fight. Reality is MC has players out of position based upon necessity, but they have tried to make it work. On defense their issue is overall team speed. We have had issues on runs around the end and pass plays. If our linebackers can play well sideline to sideline then we have a chance, but if we get down by 14 or more they seem to lose focus and crumble.

That was another big thing I noticed in the CC game, Magnet Cove played well until Conway Christian went up a couple of scores, then the wheels fell off.

Classof08

Quote from: N2DEEP on November 02, 2016, 06:40:13 am
I agree with the team speed. That's what's got mc beat the past 4 years in the playoffs. Anytime we play some one with speed we get ran all over. But mc has the kids that can stop speed just not the know how (coaching).

Bagheera

Are you a former player Classof08? 

beach bum

Classof08

Hornet4ever

479sFinest

Quote from: Hornet4ever on November 01, 2016, 07:25:26 pm
I've watched a couple of games of Magnet Cove. Their game against PC, and Conway Christian. Magnet Cove has some talent on offense, and has potential. Their pass defense though is really handicapped. Conway Christian tore them apart on a simple spread attack. Hackett has a good pass offense, haven't had a problem passing on any team this season. That spells trouble for Magnet Cove, our defense isn't a slouch either, if your QB makes those mistakes I saw (constant dropped snaps, buckle under pressure) it will be over quick. The QB for you guys wasn't bad when he had time, but if he got any pressure it was either a turnover, a sack, or a scramble or throw out of bounds.
Just to add to this, Hackett has a run game that needs to be respected. That being said, if they pound it out like I've seen them do on the run, they can easily make some big plays on a play action.
I know they won't sleep on MC, but MC better not sleep on them.

blackcat23

Mc doesn't need to be looking ahead to the playoffs just yet. They should beat cutter but if they don't they will not be in the playoffs. Imo you should not take 5 teams out of each conference anyways but more money for the AAA

Hornet4ever

Magnet Cove's running back is pretty impressive. Haven't heard much about him this year, but after watching some film he looks great. Defense for Magnet Cove looks pretty rusty tho.

Hornet4ever

P.P.R.D.

Hackett is obviously playing in the weakest conference this year and Magnet is finally firing on all cylinders.  We are looking for another upset like we like the one we put on Earle last year. Magnet by 18.

big lefty

Hornet4ever

Quote from: P.P.R.D. on November 11, 2016, 12:45:23 pm
Hackett is obviously playing in the weakest conference this year and Magnet is finally firing on all cylinders.  We are looking for another upset like we like the one we put on Earle last year. Magnet by 18.

Ouch, you probably voted for Hillary.

Hornet4ever

Touchdown Hackett

Robert Collins 65 yard TD catch

8-0 Hackett

Hornet4ever

Hackett stuffs Magnet Cove on a 4th and 2.

Hornet4ever

Touchdown Hackett Brady Hester touchdown catch

Hackett 14

Magnet Cove 0

Hornet4ever

Hackett holds Magnet Cove to a punt. Hackett ball at the 20 yard line.

Hornet4ever

Refs rode down on the bus with Magnet Cove

Hornet4ever

Hackett turns the ball over, Magnet Cove ball at the 50 yard line

Hornet4ever

Magnet Cove punts it away, Hackett ball at the 14 yard line

Hornet4ever

Hackett holds Magnet Cove to a punt. Hornets driving now

Hornet4ever

Hackett runs for a 20 yard touchdown, ref says he stepped out

Hornet4ever

Hackett turns it over on downs in the red zone

Hornet4ever

These refs are a joke. I'm trying my hardest to be neutral, but the no call on intentional grounding wasn't ridiculous.

Hornet4ever

Hackett holds Magnet Cove on downs

Hornet4ever

bearbacker52

November 11, 2016, 08:00:17 pm #35 Last Edit: November 11, 2016, 08:11:30 pm by bearbacker52
half bearden 14
conway christian 0.....

sorry wrong number

Hornet4ever

Hornet4ever

Hackett stalls on offense again after holding Magnet Cove on their opening drive.

Hornet4ever

Our offense started off on fire, then has slowly gotten more and more quiet. Better step it up.

Hornet4ever

Finally, touchdown Hackett. Much better that drive. Touchdown pass to Robert Collins

Hackett 20

Magnet Cove 0

Hornet4ever

Robert Collins intercepts Magnet Cove first pass on their next drive. Hackett ball at their own 10 yard line

Hornet4ever

Hornet4ever

Scratch that, Hackett attempts a fake punt and the receiver drops it.

Hornet4ever

Hackett holds Magnet Cove on the 1 yard line. First down Hackett

Hornet4ever

Hackett punts it away. Magnet Cove ball on their own 5

panther_forever

The final hackett 20 magnet cove 8

JTHIGDON

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas