• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mark Tree decides to forfeit to Earle at 3:15pm, Earle finds out at game time.

Started by Pit Bull, September 15, 2016, 10:12:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Pit Bull

I think there is a better way to do business than this. We had refs that traveled in, hotdogs cooking, yard markers on a crispy new painted gridiron line but no Mark Tree Junior Indians to compete against. What's becoming of small school football, are these tell tell signs that the end might be near? Nope! The Indians just retreated back to camp...

beach bum

Quote from: Pit Bull on September 15, 2016, 10:12:45 pm
I think there is a better way to do business than this. We had refs that traveled in, hotdogs cooking, yard markers on a crispy new painted gridiron line but no Mark Tree Junior Indians to compete against. What's becoming of small school football, are these tell tell signs that the end might be near? Nope! The Indians just retreated back to camp...

I think this could make for a really good topic come offseason time because your 2nd to last sentence has some intrigue to me. I have pondered that myself. I am worried that in 7 or 8 years 2A will be down to 30-35 teams. I hope my thought is not doom and gloom, but I see it coming. Even a 3A school like Two Rivers I hear has 15 ish kids. I really hate seeing this happen to small town football. If that happens you would think they maybe shrink the classes playing football from 6 down to 5? Things will change though.

x14113

Quote from: beach bum on September 15, 2016, 11:23:29 pm
...I am worried that in 7 or 8 years 2A will be down to 30-35 teams...If that happens you would think they maybe shrink the classes playing football from 6 down to 5?

If Class 2A's football shrinks that much, you might as well. The short-term competitive benefits would become outweighed by the crazy travel.

However, the main benefit to the current Class 2A setup is that it can theoretically make it easier for a school to field a new team. Seriously, would you expect the Midland Mustangs to survive in the old 2A? How this plays out in future practice, though...

Still, Class 2A has its share of chaos. Let's see what develops from here.

Pit Bull

Regardless of your numbers, you have to honor your schedule as long as you've got 11 to field.. Great point bringing up Midland, they came to every game last year as a new program already know that the outcome wouldn't be pretty but I have so much respect for them because they played with heart despite their new beginnings... I spoke of the tell tell signs because I've simply never seen this happen before this way. We are strong in Earle on numbers, our Pee Wee 4th thru 6th has over 55 kids so the future is bright...

ISU7

Not long ago RiverCrest Jr high followed their schedule and drove down to play Earle. When we got there no one was at the field. Nobody called RC to let them no what was going on. Later we found out Earle had decided to go play West Helena instead. Yep it has happened before .😄

Pit Bull

Scheduling conflict on a non-conference game is not the same. Our junior high has opened up against West Helena for the past 10 years or more. You guys had some kinda miscommunication going on and you traveled without cooking hotdogs and nachos...

birddawg1986

I don't think MT forfeited the game. It will be up to AAA on who gets the win. The Earle administration knew in plenty time in advance that there would be no game so no food should have been wasted. The issues with Earle not following procedures & polices get Earle once again. You got bit by your own dog.

WPWells

Pit Bull

Quote from: birddawg1986 on September 16, 2016, 07:29:13 am
I don't think MT forfeited the game. It will be up to AAA on who gets the win. The Earle administration knew in plenty time in advance that there would be no game so no food should have been wasted. The issues with Earle not following procedures & polices get Earle once again. You got bit by your own dog.

Really, so you guys didn't show up to play and the AAA has to decide? Typical Mark Tree, who assigns the refs birddawg?

Dogg

MT forfeited the game. We know about the fight the suspensions etc. The real reason MT didn't show up was because EPC skull drug them last week and someone with decision making authority said if we go to Earle they are going to try and embarrass the kids and run up the score. Kevin Jumper is the conference assigner for the refs.  He made a mistake and didn't schedule any for the game. A crew out of little rock came to call the game and were present and on time. If it had not been for the fact that MT Supt. Birthday was yesterday and she was available she would have made them come and play. MT just didn't want to play because they cancelled the 7th grade game on Monday. Everybody knew MT was not coming before school dismissed except Earle. 

Sigmund Sauer

Quote from: Dogg on September 16, 2016, 12:35:47 pm
MT forfeited the game. We know about the fight the suspensions etc. The real reason MT didn't show up was because EPC skull drug them last week and someone with decision making authority said if we go to Earle they are going to try and embarrass the kids and run up the score. Kevin Jumper is the conference assigner for the refs.  He made a mistake and didn't schedule any for the game. A crew out of little rock came to call the game and were present and on time. If it had not been for the fact that MT Supt. Birthday was yesterday and she was available she would have made them come and play. MT just didn't want to play because they cancelled the 7th grade game on Monday. Everybody knew MT was not coming before school dismissed except Earle.

Amazing that there are still certified teachers, coaches and administrators this unprofessional in public schools, not my conference nor do I have ties to either district, but it makes our state look poorly. Keep it classy in the future MT.

Pit Bull

Another year of MT antics, good thing that we've got AAA members coming to the Senior High match up this year.... This foolishness has got to stop...

Sigmund Sauer

Pit Bull

Dogg

MT sent the kids home early while on the phone with Earle pretending not to know what's going on.

sevenof400

bdubyab60

I was going to say this wasn't a numbers thing or shouldn't have been. MT had plenty of kids when they played us. I know I saw a facebook post that said there were no refs but had a guy at work tell me MT just didn't show up.

If there was some miscommunication the game can be made up, I would think. If MT forfeited Earle gets the win.

beast

Somebody explain to me so did earle not have refs or mt not show up. I have heard both cases but idk which side is true either

athletic supporter

I guess my question would be: who really wants to go to Earle? I mean I never heard anybody say they are going to Earle on vacation. What's so good about Earle?

beach bum

Quote from: athletic supporter on October 01, 2016, 07:04:42 am
I guess my question would be: who really wants to go to Earle? I mean I never heard anybody say they are going to Earle on vacation. What's so good about Earle?

Now, that is funny! You never know... They might be trying to sell that "ocean side property" or that "cabin in the mountains" all the way out in eastern Arkansas these days??

Old Scrapper

Quote from: athletic supporter on October 01, 2016, 07:04:42 am
Bologna Sandwiches!!!!!

bdubyab60

Head Lion

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas