• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rumor Mill

Started by cellucor, March 23, 2016, 06:05:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

cellucor

March 23, 2016, 06:05:00 pm Last Edit: March 24, 2016, 03:54:14 pm by cellucor
So lets just toss it out there what jobs are on verge of opening or who is up for what jobs!

BOYS                                                    Girls

BIC                                                       VV Asst.
QUITMAN                                                MT
DEWITT
TEXARKANA
JACKSONVILLE
HIGHLAND
NEMO VISTA
CAVE CITY
BLYVEGAS
Texarkana

Missco

I also figure Gosnell could be open. Several jobs right across the state line are also open Senath, Kennett, Hayti, South Pem, etc. Both Nutt boys have resigned their coaching jobs. Logan Nutt did one heck of a job at Woodland.

Head Lion

Would Middlebrooks not be a great fit at Cave City?

Eagles14

Was told Nemo Vista was giving their job to the Jr high coach. This was several weeks ago though so things may have changed

Alvin

Quote from: Eagles14 on March 24, 2016, 10:36:25 am
Was told Nemo Vista was giving their job to the Jr high coach. This was several weeks ago though so things may have changed

Is that girls or boys opening up at nemo?

cellucor

bdog32

Quote from: Head Lion on March 24, 2016, 09:32:43 am
Would Middlebrooks not be a great fit at Cave City?
Or highland? 

cellucor

Have you seen him coach without studs?

Missco

Highland will have a tough time ever making Regionals in the district that they play in

Head Lion

Quote from: bdog32 on March 24, 2016, 03:54:50 pm
Or highland?
CC has had some talent through the years. He don't have anything close to a stud coming at CR.

pootnscoot

Quote from: cellucor on March 24, 2016, 04:15:57 pm
Have you seen him coach without studs?

Yes. Four seasons of player development and leadership.  I was always impressed with how he motivated his role players to execute their assigned offensive and defensive responsibilities. He also designed brilliant offensive sets  and defensive schemes  that maximized the talents of his skilled players. Those 3 rings were not won by talent alone.

cellucor

Any young guns you like around the area....

Mills
Deaton

Head Lion

Quote from: pootnscoot on March 25, 2016, 11:45:01 am

Yes. Four seasons of player development and leadership.  I was always impressed with how he motivated his role players to execute their assigned offensive and defensive responsibilities. He also designed brilliant offensive sets  and defensive schemes  that maximized the talents of his skilled players. Those 3 rings were not won by talent alone.
I agree, Coach Middlebrooks is a good coach & his kids play the right way. Anyone who doesn't think he can coach has a very limited knowledge of the game.

Head Lion

Quote from: cellucor on March 25, 2016, 12:09:47 pm
Any young guns you like around the area....

Mills
Deaton
Doubt either leaves their hometown, they are just hometown guys, who both are great assets to those towns, far beyond coaching basketball.

MDXPHD

Quote from: Head Lion on March 25, 2016, 08:19:20 pm
I agree, Coach Middlebrooks is a good coach & his kids play the right way. Anyone who doesn't think he can coach has a very limited knowledge of the game.

I don't think that's very accurate. I have plenty of knowledge of the game and I completely disagree with you. Maybe people have different opinions of what a coach should be.

Moonshiner

Quote from: MDXPHD on March 28, 2016, 10:53:04 am
I don't think that's very accurate. I have plenty of knowledge of the game and I completely disagree with you. Maybe people have different opinions of what a coach should be.

Just curious, do you have a problem with him personally or do you just think he's been blessed with that much talent?  Give us some examples of him being a poor coach.

bdog32

Coaches and refs have this in common.  Noone is ever going to agree with them 100 percent.  Middlebrook has had a lot of talent at cedar but so has bays coach Earles coach epc etc...  This topic is not about whether you like a coach or not it's about rumors as to where jobs are open and who is going there.  Let's get back k on topic. 
Who us going to cave city ? 

MDXPHD

March 28, 2016, 02:32:12 pm #17 Last Edit: March 28, 2016, 02:51:12 pm by MDXPHD
Quote from: Moonshiner on March 28, 2016, 11:42:34 am
Just curious, do you have a problem with him personally or do you just think he's been blessed with that much talent?  Give us some examples of him being a poor coach.

Both, actually. I won't give any specific personal examples, because this isn't the place. It's extremely obvious that he has been blessed with that much talent though. Coaching is more than just x's and o's, and I will leave it at that. Although I also question his x's and o's, because he has yet to prove what he can do without a couple of d-1 and a couple of naia players on the team. It will be interesting to see if he jumps ship, or if he sticks around for this program he is credited with building.

I won't comment about it anymore though, everyone can keep praising the guy. I wish him good luck wherever he goes.

Moonshiner

Quote from: MDXPHD on March 28, 2016, 02:32:12 pm
Both, actually. I won't give any specific personal examples, because this isn't the place. It's extremely obvious that he has been blessed with that much talent though. Coaching is more than just x's and o's, and I will leave it at that. Although I also question his x's and o's, because he has yet to prove what he can do without a couple of d-1 and a couple of naia players on the team. It will be interesting to see if he jumps ship, or if he sticks around for this program he is credited with building.

I won't comment about it anymore though, everyone can keep praising the guy. I wish him good luck wherever he goes.

I was just curious.  I'm not praising or criticizing .  I think I know what you mean.

Eagle20

Quote from: MDXPHD on March 28, 2016, 10:53:04 am
I would second that opinion.  Coach Middlebrooks has done a heckuva job.  To win 3 titles in 4 years is so hard to do no matter what talent you have.  Sometimes the hardest part of coaching is getting good, great, and average players to buy into a system and their individual roles.  He has done that! Do you think CR would have won it if you were coaching them?   You need to be thankful for what you have in Cedar Ridge. 

Missco

bluegrassboy75

I put this on the other thread.  CRA boys is open.

Oldref

Lots of openings keep hearing middlebrooks is probably out at BIC and probably going to highland or CAve city . Expect BIC girls will also be open . Lots of coaching changes there in basketball baseball golf . Should be interesting next few weeks to see how it shakes out everywhere. Dominoes should start to fall soon!

ACE DUECE

Anyone know what kind of Jr. High Cave City or Highland had last year.  That could make a big difference on which job is better!

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

Quote from: Oldref on March 29, 2016, 03:30:48 pm
Lots of openings keep hearing middlebrooks is probably out at BIC and probably going to highland or CAve city . Expect BIC girls will also be open . Lots of coaching changes there in basketball baseball golf . Should be interesting next few weeks to see how it shakes out everywhere. Dominoes should start to fall soon!

I heard BIC has some strong applicants interviewed last week for the boys job.  I also heard rumors of the girls Coach going elsewhere.   BIC may have a totally new staff for next season. 

bdog32

Who all has interviewed

Bergman1820

Rumor mill in Boone county is starting back up after being shut down for the season. I heard coach Halitzka from Bergman has applied for a job in Mt.Home. Probably just a rumor.

Moonshiner

Quote from: vstigerz on April 10, 2016, 07:51:21 pm
Rumor mill in Boone county is starting back up after being shut down for the season. I heard coach Halitzka from Bergman has applied for a job in Mt.Home. Probably just a rumor.

What's open in Mtn. Home?

bobcats

Quote from: Moonshiner on April 10, 2016, 11:01:29 pm
What's open in Mtn. Home?

More likely Mountain View girls.

Moonshiner

Quote from: bobcats on April 11, 2016, 08:46:40 am
More likely Mountain View girls.

Gotcha.  I've heard that Mtn. View will fill that from in house

Bergman1820

I heard he said it's a rumor so hopefully thats all it is.

Eagle20

Moonshiner

Quote from: Eagle20 on April 11, 2016, 05:02:58 pm
Boys head coaching job

I know they hired Greenhaw as an interim head coach, but surely they will retain him.

ACE DUECE

Any word on interviews being done and who it was at any of these jobs. I heard the coach from Salem interviewed at highland.

BigLion10

Pine bluff boys now open Finley headed to little rock Christian

Oldref

I was told yesterday that Bay has hired Andrea Gambil as girls assistant coach for the coming year. That is pending the outcome of the WNBA draft and if she elects to go to the WNBA if drafted. Was told she is excited to be coming to Bay and starting her coaching career. Should be a great addition to the Bay coaching staff.

Moonshiner

What's the word at BIC?

Rudehog

Gravette Boys will now be open. Coach Greg White is leaving for Bentonville West.

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

Quote from: Moonshiner on April 15, 2016, 10:16:53 am
What's the word at BIC?
[/quote
Still think Middlebrooks is interested & they in him as well.

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

Isaac Middlebrooks is the new BIC boys basketball coach.   

Moonshiner

Quote from: BICMUSTANG4LIFE on April 22, 2016, 08:19:19 am

Congrats to BIC and their new coach.  Will be interesting to see who gets the job at Cedar Ridge.  Not sure what's left down there talent wise. Considering the ride they've enjoyed that the Reeves/Crabtree families provided I would assume the expectation level is pretty high.

TheGovernor

Charles Barkley said they would be "turrible"

MDXPHD

Quote from: BICMUSTANG4LIFE on April 22, 2016, 08:19:19 am

Excellent move by Middlebrooks. staying at CR would have shown how good he developed his younger players. BIC, great paper hire. That's all that can be said though.

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

He wasn't there long enough for the ink to dry. Now he is heading to Viola to Coach girls at his home town.

Oldref

Pretty sure he will be coaching boys at viola. Don't think he ever really wanted BIC job. Just verbally accepted it while still looking for other positions. He never signed a contract so he was free to still look around. He came back to his home town.

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

I just saw on another thread it would be boys. The boys coach switched to the girls. 

Oldref

Yes coach Adams moving back to girls and coach Middlebrooks coaching boys.

Head Lion

Quote from: Oldref on May 03, 2016, 08:27:03 am
Pretty sure he will be coaching boys at viola. Don't think he ever really wanted BIC job. Just verbally accepted it while still looking for other positions. He never signed a contract so he was free to still look around. He came back to his home town.
Not a BIC fan in the least, but not very professional. JMO, you ask kids to be committed & then show exact opposite. It is his life & choice though, wish him the best. Just an unbiased opinion.

MDXPHD

Quote from: Head Lion on May 03, 2016, 07:38:05 pm
Not a BIC fan in the least, but not very professional. JMO, you ask kids to be committed & then show exact opposite. It is his life & choice though, wish him the best. Just an unbiased opinion.

Well, you have to go to a place that's low key after you leave CR with all that talent. Nobody will pay attention to his lack of success at Viola. It's a smart move.

TheGovernor

I'm pretty sure he is going back to his hometown. So the move makes all the sense in the world to me if he wants to be closer to his hometown and relatives. I think people are reading too much into it and have some hard feelings.. JMO though

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas