• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

D1 prospect

Started by Bulldog4life, March 09, 2016, 05:56:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

NEA Razorback olfan

The CAC girl is a beast!!  Seen her in person , can't stop her!!

What AAU team does Scott play for?

NEark tigers

I believe Scott plays for the Arkansas Mavericks?.... I could be wrong.

BoxNOne

I think I also read that Scott plays for the Arkansas Maverick Elite squad.

Pit Bull

Quote from: ISU7 on March 15, 2016, 05:43:05 pm
Yep Eight World Championships, 1a-3 titles, 2a-3 titles, 3a- 2 titles = 8. Not bad considering LR Central has 18, LR Parkview, Pine Bluff, NLR, and Cabot has 13, Jonesboro has 11, LR Hall has 10, but all are High school Championships no world titles ... ;D 8)

Thanks for putting things into perspective! I'm glad for our success but we are far from the best. However take s look at some of those schools like Central, most of theirs came back when they were the largest school by far in Arkansas and I think the only school in Little Rock... Pine Bluff is the same.... Still no World Champions yet...

Bulldog4life

Time will tell. You never know though they could bump heads in aau.

Bildo

I have seen her play a number of times in person throughout the southern US against the best athletes out there. She even got invited to the Team USA tryouts last year and made it into the top 25. She is a beast and nothing against your girl from Earle, but she is no match for Christyn.

Bulldog4life

Time will tell... Just be patient her name is just getting out there be patient and watchful.. 

Bildo

Quote from: Bulldog4life on March 16, 2016, 01:31:01 pm
Time will tell... Just be patient her name is just getting out there be patient and watchful..
I've seen them both play... It will be different when the competition is better. She will hold her own, but she isn't there yet. Good luck to her, she has the talent

ISU7

Quote from: Pit Bull on March 16, 2016, 08:28:09 am
Thanks for putting things into perspective! I'm glad for our success but we are far from the best. However take s look at some of those schools like Central, most of theirs came back when they were the largest school by far in Arkansas and I think the only school in Little Rock... Pine Bluff is the same.... Still no World Champions yet...
Youre welcome Pit. Ya'll doing a heck of a job in E-Town with those kids, keep it rolling bro. 8)

Bulldog4life

Lol it's funny to me... Who really cares what we think about these student athletes?  Opinions don't make or brake these kids. There performance does in school and on the court does. Your opinion and my opinion is really irrelevant some of you live for this stuff.. I bet majority of you never played in a championship. Or ever won a championship.

PASS

What team does she play for in the spring/summer? I host a girls only tournament for club teams every April in NWA. We have most of the major scouting services there from across the nation, including multiple voters for girls McDonald's All American game. If she is as good as you say, her team needs to be playing at this event & she will get the exposure she needs. This is the tournament where Christyn Williams blew up last year & went from unranked to top 10 in her class. She was always a top 10 player, just needed the right environment to show out & be seen. Message me if you are interested.

Mr. Trill

Lol by 2025, Earle will have at least 6 more to catch up with the other schools.

MDXPHD

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on March 15, 2016, 08:55:40 pm
They most likely will not play each other,  so the next measuring stick would be offers, sounds like the CAC gurl has a pretty big leaf in that area.

They will play each other if the Earle girl is good enough to go to a big D1 program, because Williams should be at Uconn in a few years.

Silky Johnson

Lol you say you can't stop her but I guess Riverview didn't need to stop Williams to go 38-0 and when back to back state championships.

MDXPHD

Quote from: Silky Johnson on March 22, 2016, 04:49:43 pm
Lol you say you can't stop her but I guess Riverview didn't need to stop Williams to go 38-0 and when back to back state championships.

Williams had 35 of CAC's 58 points in the championship. You can't stop her. You don't have to win a championship to be a great player. I assure you that CAC will win one in the next two years though.

Bildo

Williams is one of the best out there, regardless of age and they will probably win it the next two years. There is no player in the state that gets as much attention on the court as her. She scores 30+ in the championship and they knew she was getting off the bus to play and they still can't stop her.

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: Silky Johnson on March 22, 2016, 04:49:43 pm

Obviously you have not seen this girl play to make such a dumb remark!!

Bildo

Quote from: NEA Razorback olfan on March 22, 2016, 10:50:34 pm
Obviously you have not seen this girl play to make such a dumb remark!!
I know.. Really?! I guess Magic, Jordan and Bird weren't very good either, since they didn't win the championship every year...

Alvin

Quote from: Mr. Trill on March 21, 2016, 02:42:08 pm
Lol by 2025, Earle will have at least 6 more to catch up with the other schools.

At the rate Earle is shrinking they'll be consolidated by 2025.

nightowl

Quote from: MDXPHD on March 22, 2016, 11:05:19 am
They will play each other if the Earle girl is good enough to go to a big D1 program, because Williams should be at Uconn in a few years.
they might be on the same team in a few years Earle has one player already playing at uconn

BigLion10

Whose from Earle on UCONN?

MDXPHD

Quote from: BigLion10 on March 23, 2016, 07:34:54 pm
Whose from Earle on UCONN?

None, according to the Uconn men and womens rosters. Maybe the person just doesn't claim Earle, can't blame them.

Bulldog4life

What's wrong with Earle

Bulldog4life

Nothing wrong with Earle @ all. But it's something going on with you for feeling the way you do about Earle

Pit Bull

March 25, 2016, 09:31:42 am #74 Last Edit: March 25, 2016, 09:50:53 am by Pit Bull
Quote from: Alvin on March 23, 2016, 11:45:54 am

Aaaaahhh, good point... But all small communities are shrinking away in Arkansas... It's by design....

NEark tigers

Quote from: Pit Bull on March 25, 2016, 09:31:42 am
Aaaaahhh, good point... But all small communities are shrinking away in Arkansas... It's by design....
Don't worry about that....Earle is not going anywhere, anytime soon!!!......

redrider30

You are right Earle is not going anywhere they will be good for years to come in every sport. Unless West Memphis and Marion fall in the Mississippi River.

Dogg

Quote from: Alvin on March 23, 2016, 11:45:54 am
Earle is not going anywhere except back to the SHIP on s consistent basis 
Probably will be back in 3A after the next cycle

2aball

The Earle girl is good. Haven't seen the CAC girl play, but heard she is spectacular. In my opinion, the Earle girl is ahead of where Jordan Madden was as a 9th grader. So if she continues to progress I don't doubt she will receive some big time offers by her sr season.

redrider30

Big difference being 5'2" and 6'2". That's the difference between Madden and Ro.

2aball

Quote from: redrider30 on May 23, 2016, 08:26:59 am
Big difference being 5'2" and 6'2". That's the difference between Madden and Ro.

She's only 5'2"? Wow, didn't remember that part. I just remember seeing her play for a few minutes and thinking she had an insane amount of skill.

Bulldog4life

Roshala is like 5 feet 8 she's not that short she's average for her size @ pg.

redrider30

You better get a new tape measure. If I used yours I'd be 6'10" and would be a retired millionaire from my NBA career.

redrider30

May 27, 2016, 08:52:48 am #83 Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 08:58:24 am by redrider30
I'm not saying that her size will keep from D-1. She's has the skills and is very talented for her age but she's not 5'8" and D-1 coaches won't take your school or your word for it. Trust me there is more and one tape measure in the world and all the BS you can put out of Earle won't stretch her to 5'8" at this point, she may grow a lot but I doubt it. That being said I do believe she has the talent and quickness to be a D-1 player someday. Trust me a lot of D-1 schools including ASU wouldn't even give Sidnee Bopp a look because she was not 5'8"(she is about 5'4") and she was as good as this area has ever seen. Good for Roe and other smaller players that there are D-1 schools like Western Kentucky and UT Martin who will recruit smaller players.

RedWolf275

Great little player but not 5'8" unless she has grown about four inches since early March.

Wahls

Quote from: Bulldog4life on March 09, 2016, 05:56:37 pm
Roshala Scott of Earle is the best not just freshman point Guard but best point Guard in the nation...

You should have to be able to pass a literacy test to register for this site.

Bulldog4life

God got Roshala lol.. Check back with you all on signing day Sydney bopp wouldn't stand a chance against Roshala she's way to slow.. not saying she's the best in the world. But coaches know greatness.  Lol & if any of you all seen her play you would to. She's going d1 no matter your opinion..

Missco

Raider/Rebel

I have watched the Scott girl play several times during school ball and AAU.  She is a very talented athlete but can be stopped with the right defense. Riverside jr girls held her to less then 10 point in the district championship a couple years ago.  I have seen the freshman guard mya love keep her contained and also kayla Mitchell from jhs. As far as going D-1 she definitely has the talent to be there but her attitude will stop a lot of coaches from looking at he .

Bulldog4life

A couple of years ago she was in 7th grade @ still averaged 20 a game. Her 9th grade year which is irrelevant but the truth remains she dropped 32 points and 16 rebs in the junior high championship game. Moved up and averaged 27 points a game numbers don't lie. She don't have a attitude were did you get that from? Lol she's a kid you counting her out already. Bottom line is she's going D1.. And I'm speaking it now can't to many girls stay in front of her especially her age... This is a fact

Bulldog4life

Lol then you from riverside you saw that game yourself I was there riverside refs will make you have a attitude the way they cheat.. and I'm sorry she was in 8th grader that year.

BoxNOne

Everybody knows if Earle lost that it had to be the refs that did it lol. I was also there. Scott was completely shut down and the rest of Earle's team wasn't good enough to take up the slack. They got outplayed and out coached badly. Her questionable attitude hurt her that day.

redrider30

Don't have an attitude, you've got to be kidding us. In 8th grade her team was undefeated going into the district championship and was ejected in the third quarter went to locker room got dressed and went outside the gym at Rector and someone had to go outside and get her to come back in for trophy presentation and all conference awards. She went out to get all conference with her back pack on and I have a pic of that and witnessed the whole thing myself. I also believe she was suspended for a game jr. high game this year. Doesn't matter what ref's do kids should be taught not to disrespect them, leave that up to coaches to take care of. Hey Bulldog4life remember this valuable information. You can't BS a BS'er. Lol.

Raider/Rebel

Quote from: Bulldog4life on June 14, 2016, 12:37:58 am
A couple of years ago she was in 7th grade @ still averaged 20 a game. Her 9th grade year which is irrelevant but the truth remains she dropped 32 points and 16 rebs in the junior high championship game. Moved up and averaged 27 points a game numbers don't lie. She don't have a attitude were did you get that from? Lol she's a kid you counting her out already. Bottom line is she's going D1.. And I'm speaking it now can't to many girls stay in front of her especially her age... This is a fact

I'm not saying she doesn't have D-1 talent. She is a very gifted player on the court no doubt but college coaches look at more then just talent. I watched her play in Chicago back in April and she had a bad attitude problem then just like when she was an eighth grader.  There were college coaches all over the place that watched her and a guard from annie camp pout and ignore the coach when he told them to go check in the game.  Then when he was trying to talk to them she was looking off at the crowd instead of give the coach her full attention. Thats what i call an attitude problem.  Im not counting her off because i truly hope that i see her playing in college but the fact remains that college coaches look at character just as much as talent.  Her Attitude will have to change to get looked at by big D-1 colleges.

bdubyab60

Quote from: redrider30 on June 14, 2016, 09:09:41 am
Don't have an attitude, you've got to be kidding us. In 8th grade her team was undefeated going into the district championship and was ejected in the third quarter went to locker room got dressed and went outside the gym at Rector and someone had to go outside and get her to come back in for trophy presentation and all conference awards. She went out to get all conference with her back pack on and I have a pic of that and witnessed the whole thing myself. I also believe she was suspended for a game jr. high game this year. Doesn't matter what ref's do kids should be taught not to disrespect them, leave that up to coaches to take care of. Hey Bulldog4life remember this valuable information. You can't BS a BS'er. Lol.
You do know that usually when youre ejected you have to leave the gym, you cant come back out and sit on the bench. She is a little overconfident sometimes could be said to be cocky.  But if I could break folks ankles like that I would be a little cocky too. I don't know a team in our conference that doesn't have at least one player with an attitude. To top all that she was like 13 years old or whatever in 8th grade. Shes a kid hopefully she grow and control herself better. Talk to her several times and she was always polite.

I do know that she moved up and took a leading roll on that team and carried them to a state title. Ive also never seen anyone lock her down. Its mainly when she is having a bad shooting night that it looks like someone has shut her down. Her man weakness is her freethrow shooting and 3 point shooting. She gets those cleaned up and she will be a very darn good player.

RedWolf275

I was also there. She fouled out on a double technical I believe. She scored 8 pts that game but Riverside ganged up on her. Box is right. She didnt have much help.

Raider/Rebel

Quote from: RedWolf275 on June 15, 2016, 09:26:16 pm
I was also there. She fouled out on a double technical I believe. She scored 8 pts that game but Riverside ganged up on her. Box is right. She didnt have much help.

You are correct it was a double technical that caused her to foul out.  Coach Womack put the right game plan  together and the players executed it well enough to come away with the win. 

Bulldog4life

What happened in Earle that year? Jr high and Senior high

Bulldog4life

If she was cocky she would shoot every time she touches the ball. She wouldn't pass she can score @ will not boasting on her. Just stating facts its no secret Ask anybody fROM matkedtree, Earle y'all can't beat us fair and square we always knew going we were playing 8 players

Raider/Rebel

Not sure what happened in Earle that year with the senior high but Riverside Jr high lost by 6 points at Earle and by 4 points to earle at lake city.  So it makes since that a coach could come up with a game plan to beat a team if the games were that close the first 2 times they played.  Anyway Like i said before i think she has all the talent to make it but hope her attitude doesn't hurt her.  I like seeing local talent make it to college to play ball.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas