• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2016 Outlook

Started by DerekOxford, December 01, 2015, 01:14:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WPWells

I will not begrudge him anything. While I would have loved for him to stay, he gave us all he had for three years, and for that I am thankful

BrianfromCarlisle

Looks like I owe Ricepig a little BBQ

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Fred Bird on January 10, 2016, 11:49:47 am
I will not begrudge him anything. While I would have loved for him to stay, he gave us all he had for three years, and for that I am thankful

Can't blame him for going...top 5 rb in the draft...and rbs only have so many miles in them before they break down..

AirWarren

Jacketman65

ricepig

Quote from: Jacketman65 on January 11, 2016, 10:51:01 am
Quote from: AirWarren on January 10, 2016, 10:48:09 pm
Carmouche decommits.
What is up with that?

Reportedly says he wants to play RB, most think it's something else since he had few if any carries at at Manvel.

mack

Quote from: ricepig on January 11, 2016, 10:56:08 am
Carmouche decommits.
What is up with that?

Reportedly says he wants to play RB, most think it's something else since he had few if any carries at at Manvel.

Crud.... we really need linebackers.....................

AirWarren

Carmouche decommits.
What is up with that?

More indication that ole miss can kick our butts at recruiting. But barely can beat us on the field.

ricepig

Quote from: mack on January 11, 2016, 12:31:42 pm
Carmouche decommits.
What is up with that?

Crud.... we really need linebackers.....................

Yeah, and he was a solid 3* guy that has been on our list since he was a sophomore. He even was recently trying to recruit other guys for us. His RB teammate is an Ole Miss recruit and we supposedly had been trying to flip him, who knows.

Coach Venny Slocombe

We now only have one OLB recruit...

ricepig

Quote from: Coach Venny Slocombe on January 11, 2016, 11:39:31 pm
We now only have one OLB recruit...

We have several recruits, just one commit......... ;D

cuckoobird

beach bum

Quote from: cuckoobird on January 14, 2016, 01:56:59 pm
6-6

I see four automatic wins IMO.... Three non conference games and Missouri. Then I think Alabama will be a loss for sure. They're Alabama. That means we would have to go 2-5 in the other seven games we have a chance to win to finish 6-6. A few of those will be very tough to win but I'd say three of those seven we will be favored. 6-6 would be the worst case scenario with 10-2 as a best case.

cuckoobird

Quote from: beach bum on January 14, 2016, 03:13:30 pm
6-6

I see four automatic wins IMO.... Three non conference games and Missouri. Then I think Alabama will be a loss for sure. They're Alabama. That means we would have to go 2-5 in the other seven games we have a chance to win to finish 6-6. A few of those will be very tough to win but I'd say three of those seven we will be favored. 6-6 would be the worst case scenario with 10-2 as a best case.
See Toledo on the 4 automatic wins

DerekOxford

They are returning most of the defense, basically the entire WR corps and two starting OL. 6-6 would be a massive disappointment.

I think the only thing standing in the way of a 8-4 record is injuries or just really bad QB play, which I don't think will happen because Enos will have the guy that wins the battle ready to go.

WPWells

Quote from: cuckoobird on January 15, 2016, 09:02:48 am
6-6

See LSU and Ole Miss on the guaranteed losses. Weren't you the one who said 4-8?

fastdrop

I miss college football already. 2016 - lots of new faces for the Hogs. Should be a fun year.

fastdrop

ricepig

Quote from: fastdrop on January 15, 2016, 08:28:04 pm
I miss college football already. 2016 - lots of new faces for the Hogs. Should be a fun year.

I was sitting at the Liberty Bowl with my youngest, he said, "Dad, I'm sad" so I asked him why, he said, "because college football is over for this year."

fastdrop

Quote from: ricepig on January 15, 2016, 09:37:24 pm

I was sitting at the Liberty Bowl with my youngest, he said, "Dad, I'm sad" so I asked him why, he said, "because college football is over for this year."
over the last 3 years my son got me involved in his and his buddies fantasy football league. This year they all decided to put in a 100 and make a pot of 1,000 bucks. Of course the old man won it. =) 600 first - 300 second - 100 last. Big year for receivers and running backs that are receivers.

next year some of us old guys on here need to do one. Get you, valley, bait, BG etc to join one. Do it for the FF crown. 10 teams is interesting and a good number.

ricepig

Quote from: fastdrop on January 16, 2016, 04:48:49 am
Quote from: ricepig on January 15, 2016, 09:37:24 pm

over the last 3 years my son got me involved in his and his buddies fantasy football league. This year they all decided to put in a 100 and make a pot of 1,000 bucks. Of course the old man won it. =) 600 first - 300 second - 100 last. Big year for receivers and running backs that are receivers.

next year some of us old guys on here need to do one. Get you, valley, bait, BG etc to join one. Do it for the FF crown. 10 teams is interesting and a good number.

For college?? My oldest is in some leagues for pro football, pretty sure a couple of those considered "gambling" in some states. Sounds good to me, I love showing Valley how little he knows about football.

Valleysports

I'm reminded, pretty much every day, about how little I know about most things.

ricepig

Quote from: Valleysports on January 16, 2016, 07:59:24 pm
I'm reminded, pretty much every day, about how little I know about most things.

Now, don't give in that easy, or I'll have to leave you alone. Got many ducks?

Valleysports

Doing pretty good now, most hunters around here are not.  We're working our roosting holes in the afternoons - will slip in about 3pm and shoot small groups coming in.  We leave an hour before sunset, so we're gone when the majority come back in.  I only picked up 2 mallards this morning, where we saw a bunch yesterday morning.  We don't over hunt our good holes.

mack

6-6

What do you want to bet they go back to having 2 a days? 

ricepig

January 18, 2016, 01:11:46 pm #75 Last Edit: January 18, 2016, 01:21:20 pm by ricepig
Quote from: mack on January 18, 2016, 01:07:28 pm
6-6

How much you got? They practiced twice, they just used one of them as a walk through. You do know that the new rules prohibit two contact practices on the same day?

You do know that you can't have two contact practices on the same day, and that they are limited in both the amount of times you can have two a days, and the number of times you can have contact?

For days in which institutions schedule a two-a-day practice, live contact practices are only allowed in one practice.  A maximum four (4) live contact practices may occur in a given week, and a maximum of 12 total may occur in preseason.  Only three practices (scrimmages) would allow for live contact in greater than 50 percent of the practice schedule.

mack

Quote from: ricepig on January 18, 2016, 01:11:46 pm
6-6

How much you got? They practiced twice, they just used one of them as a walk through. You do know that the new rules prohibit two contact practices on the same day?

You do know that you can't have two contact practices on the same day, and that they are limited in both the amount of times you can have two a days, and the number of times you can have contact?

For days in which institutions schedule a two-a-day practice, live contact practices are only allowed in one practice.  A maximum four (4) live contact practices may occur in a given week, and a maximum of 12 total may occur in preseason.  Only three practices (scrimmages) would allow for live contact in greater than 50 percent of the practice schedule.

You can do a lot in non-contact practices.  I don't think any of us on here would disagree that we were not as advanced as we should have been early in the year, especially in light of our previous late season surge.  Tech and Toledo lit us up offensively.  we needed the extra work on defense if nothing else.

Just sayin"...

ricepig

Quote from: mack on January 20, 2016, 08:37:11 am
6-6

You can do a lot in non-contact practices.  I don't think any of us on here would disagree that we were not as advanced as we should have been early in the year, especially in light of our previous late season surge.  Tech and Toledo lit us up offensively.  we needed the extra work on defense if nothing else.

Just sayin"...

We had "two a days" we just used them as teaching/film/walk through sessions. The days of two a days are over, it's just the world we life in today. I think they probably put more "work" into our passing game in preseason, knowing we would need it in conference games to be successful. I suspect we will put more emphasis on the running game this preseason, than last year. I think they thought we could just line up and run it down the throats of Toledo and Tech, obviously it wasn't correct.

cuckoobird

Quote from: Fred Bird on January 15, 2016, 02:03:42 pm
6-6

See LSU and Ole Miss on the guaranteed losses. Weren't you the one who said 4-8?
Nope, I said 5-7 with 7-5 being the highest. hmmmmm looks like I hit the jackpot. weren't you the one who said 12-0?

WPWells

ricepig

Quote from: cuckoobird on January 21, 2016, 08:48:25 am
Quote from: Fred Bird on January 15, 2016, 02:03:42 pm
6-6

Nope, I said 5-7 with 7-5 being the highest. hmmmmm looks like I hit the jackpot. weren't you the one who said 12-0?

You said 5-7, do I need to pull up the quote from here?

http://www.fearlessfriday.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=142573.0

cuckoobird

January 21, 2016, 02:20:27 pm #81 Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 02:28:15 pm by cuckoobird
Quote from: Fred Bird on January 21, 2016, 09:18:27 am
Nope
my bad, 11-1 but you did say 12 wins so I guess you meant we would win either a bowl game or sec title game

@RP my posts were removed from the thread I said that in

ricepig

Quote from: cuckoobird on January 21, 2016, 02:20:27 pm
Nope
my bad, 11-1 but you did say 12 wins so I guess you meant we would win either a bowl game or sec title game

So, we're allowed a two game swing on our predictions, that makes them easier, haha.

Lumberjackfan1978

Quote from: ricepig on January 20, 2016, 12:10:26 pm
Quote from: mack on January 20, 2016, 08:37:11 am
6-6

Just sayin"...

We had "two a days" we just used them as teaching/film/walk through sessions. The days of two a days are over, it's just the world we life in today. I think they probably put more "work" into our passing game in preseason, knowing we would need it in conference games to be successful. I suspect we will put more emphasis on the running game this preseason, than last year. I think they thought we could just line up and run it down the throats of Toledo and Tech, obviously it wasn't correct.
yep you're right 2 a days are gone and a lot of the physical practices are to did it forever but things change sometimes not for the better though

cuckoobird

Quote from: ricepig on January 21, 2016, 03:21:03 pm
Nope

So, we're allowed a two game swing on our predictions, that makes them easier, haha.
well you have a prediction and then you have a realization that if everything goes right it's this and if everything goes wrong it's this. Everything went right

ricepig

Quote from: cuckoobird on January 25, 2016, 11:09:17 am
Nope

well you have a prediction and then you have a realization that if everything goes right it's this and if everything goes wrong it's this. Everything went right

Ok, so, I'm going with 0-12 and 15-0, that should cover it.......

cuckoobird

Quote from: ricepig on January 25, 2016, 11:30:35 am
Nope

wouldn't be any more unrealistic than your other predictions.

ricepig

Quote from: cuckoobird on January 25, 2016, 11:49:18 am
Nope

I picked 8-4, that was real unrealistic, and if I remember correctly, I owned you the year before, lol.

cuckoobird

Quote from: ricepig on January 25, 2016, 01:20:29 pm
Nope

I picked 8-4, that was real unrealistic, and if I remember correctly, I owned you the year before, lol.
It was unrealistic when the best was 7-5

ricepig

Quote from: cuckoobird on January 25, 2016, 01:24:21 pm
Nope

Well, then, your 5-7 was horrific in comparison.

cuckoobird

Quote from: ricepig on January 25, 2016, 01:27:47 pm
Nope

closest without going over

ricepig

Quote from: cuckoobird on January 25, 2016, 01:30:16 pm
Quote from: ricepig on January 25, 2016, 01:27:47 pm
Nope

closest without going over

This isn't Price is Right........

bdubyab60

3 guesses and pick the closest one.

AirWarren

I see they are seeking approval to a DWRRS renovation. A 160$ million dollar one.

AirWarren

For 160 million, I figured it would be bowled in. I'm not really impressed with that design.

ricepig

Quote from: AirWarren on January 25, 2016, 06:45:32 pm
For 160 million, I figured it would be bowled in. I'm not really impressed with that design.

The lower deck will be bowled in, they never had any plans to do the top deck. There will be standing room areas(cheap) on the top. Also, the east end will have a clear glass so you can look into the stadium like you can now from the north end of Stadium Dr. I was surprised at the price tag too, I believe when they put out the Master plan for improvements in 2013 it was estimated to cost $100m. This is for suites, club level, and loge seating. They are planning to lower the upper deck prices, from my understanding.

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: ricepig on January 25, 2016, 07:19:03 pm

The lower deck will be bowled in, they never had any plans to do the top deck. There will be standing room areas(cheap) on the top. Also, the east end will have a clear glass so you can look into the stadium like you can now from the north end of Stadium Dr. I was surprised at the price tag too, I believe when they put out the Master plan for improvements in 2013 it was estimated to cost $100m. This is for suites, club level, and loge seating. They are planning to lower the upper deck prices, from my understanding.

They can lower the upper deck prices all they want, they still won't be filled on a regular basis.

ricepig

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on January 26, 2016, 10:42:58 am

They can lower the upper deck prices all they want, they still won't be filled on a regular basis.

Because??

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: ricepig on January 26, 2016, 11:01:22 am
Quote from: SUGARTOWN on January 26, 2016, 10:42:58 am

Because??

They never have been, people don't want to sit in the corners of the upper deck unless it's Bama or maybe LSU. The tickets being $10 cheaper or whatever isn't going to fix that.

I'm all for cheaper tickets but I think it will have little effect on butts in the seats.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas