• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas vs. Mississippi State

Started by WPWells, November 17, 2015, 10:47:21 am

Previous topic - Next topic

bdubyab60

That wasn't on hedlund. 46 got smoked and missed a block

beach bum

Quote from: 7AFBFAN on November 21, 2015, 09:51:49 pm
Wow. BA should have been given the game there. Crazy to hand it off and let one of our field goal kickers decide the game.

Yea cause blocked field goals just happen all the time...... if we throw and a pick is thrown some people would be calling for BA and BB's head.

WPWells

I would've liked to throw it on third down

7AFBFAN

Quote from: beach bum on November 21, 2015, 09:53:46 pm
Wow. BA should have been given the game there. Crazy to hand it off and let one of our field goal kickers decide the game.

Yea cause blocked field goals just happen all the time...... if we throw and a pick is thrown some people would be calling for BA and BB's head.

Did I say pass?

beach bum

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on November 21, 2015, 09:54:22 pm

That I can agree with on 3rd... BA is the best at throwing it away if needed so I agree there.

pioneers

Quote from: beach bum on November 21, 2015, 09:53:46 pm

The play action pass inside the red zone had been there all night. I would've like for us to have tried to get a td.

7AFBFAN

Quote from: beach bum on November 21, 2015, 09:55:51 pm
Quote from: 12th Man CHS on November 21, 2015, 09:54:22 pm

That I can agree with on 3rd... BA is the best at throwing it away if needed so I agree there.

I meant on 3rd. No way we don't try the field goal on 4th.

bdubyab60

They played it by the numbers. We didn't block on the play all there is to it.

Romeo

You have an offense that's rolling. BA is playing the game of his life and is picking apart Miss State's secondary. I wouldn't leave the game to a unreliable kicker and shaky special teams without trying for the endzone first.

Jack1990

4th and 1 on the 21 and you try a TD pass in the 3rd quarter?!? We get no points when a single yard would have extended the drive. Broke all momentum we had going after three turnovers.

WPWells

7AFBFAN

The Arkansas announcers said he kicked it low. Oh well. Great job by BA and his receivers. Too bad our defense is not SEC caliber this year.

zebradynasty

I would have liked to try for the TD our kicker kicks too low (all season) and really not much of a leg. This one wasn't on him it appeared #46 didn't hear the snap and barely got out of his stance and then for some reason acted as if he was to block outside by the time he recovered...Despite his woes BA play lately earned him the right to attempt the TD.

pioneers

Quote from: Jack1990 on November 21, 2015, 09:58:33 pm
4th and 1 on the 21 and you try a TD pass in the 3rd quarter?!? We get no points when a single yard would have extended the drive. Broke all momentum we had going after three turnovers.
+1 agree completely

7AFBFAN

Win or lose it's still great to be a Razorback fan. The kids fought hard and did their best. That was obvious. Hopefully they will rebound next week and win a decent bowl game.

pioneers

I knows it's a lower tier bowl but the birmingham bowl vs Memphis would be intriguing.

WPWells

Not really. Memphis isn't that good.

Hornet4ever

Well boys, this was a tough one to swallow. I was there tonight, and this one should've been ours. I don't understand us going conservative in the end? They couldn't stop our offense. We wasted 3 downs when we could've scored and won the game. Also... The 4th and 1 in the red zone? Why throw it deep when we can get the 1 yard and have a fresh set of downs to get another score. Smh, I don't understand this.

CathywithaC

AirWarren

Man. That sucks. Looking like 8 wins.

BrianfromCarlisle

If Brandon Allen isn't 1st team all SEC no one is.  Tremendous job!!!!  The defense let him down. The coaches calling a ridiculous 4th and 1 play when he could've snuck for the first. Too conservative at the end. Hedlund can't kick. And dear lord in heaven, why can we not kick a ball into the end zone

ricepig

Quote from: 7AFBFAN on November 21, 2015, 09:59:48 pm
The Arkansas announcers said he kicked it low. Oh well. Great job by BA and his receivers. Too bad our defense is not SEC caliber this year.

The kick wasn't too low, Voelztke hardly put a hand on his guy, he could have beat the ball there if he wanted to. The defense can't stop the pass for anything, I'm not sure we would have stopped them if we had made the FG. I might have had a rollout with BA on third and told him to eat it if someone wasn't wide open. It's like Bielema said after the game, if you can't make a 29yd FG, you don't deserve to win.

ricepig

Quote from: BrianfromCarlisle on November 21, 2015, 11:58:01 pm
If Brandon Allen isn't 1st team all SEC no one is.  Tremendous job!!!!  The defense let him down. The coaches calling a ridiculous 4th and 1 play when he could've snuck for the first. Too conservative at the end. Hedlund can't kick. And dear lord in heaven, why can we not kick a ball into the end zone
Snuck for first?? We couldn't get a yard with a FB, TB, and TE leading, I doubt we would have run a QB sneak for it. He did the textbook play calling, make them use all the TO's and Mick the FG. The FG wasn't low, the blocking was inept, he almost beat the ball back there.

BrianfromCarlisle

I'm talking about the play earlier RP. When they threw the long bomb.  When they could've went up 18. Sorry for not clarifying.

ricepig

Quote from: BrianfromCarlisle on November 22, 2015, 12:08:40 am
I'm talking about the play earlier RP. When they threw the long bomb.  When they could've went up 18. Sorry for not clarifying.

Oh, ok, yeah I didn't like the 4th and 1 call, but I was there, no one was open. And as far as 1st team QB, it will be Dak, BA could win it, but they'll give it to the guy with more wins.

BrianfromCarlisle

So badly need a kicker. People always discount the kicker. Until games like tonight. There is no confidence there. And to be honest , they should've went for the td. Take your chances with getting a good pass rush. Make Prescott beat you. Instead they lost on a fg miss.

Hornet4ever

Moral of the story of our season however is our defensive struggles. Offense has performed great, championship great. Defense? Not so much. Such a lack of coverage skill and down hill pursuit. Sure our offense has made some dumb mistakes, but when you're up 12 you have to keep building and create stops. Our defense was lucky to get the turnovers it did, or it would have been a long an even longer night.

BrianfromCarlisle

Lionheart88

Quote from: BrianfromCarlisle on November 22, 2015, 12:18:44 am
So badly need a kicker. People always discount the kicker. Until games like tonight. There is no confidence there. And to be honest , they should've went for the td. Take your chances with getting a good pass rush. Make Prescott beat you. Instead they lost on a fg miss.
No kicker in the country could've kicked it through that guy that was practically unblocked.

BrianfromCarlisle

That is true. But... I think if they have a kicker that they think is money, that lapse doesn't happen. I truly think those guys don't think he can make anything.

But that Absolutley didn't put them in that situation. The secondary sucking something awful did that. Lol

And once again, BA should be 1st team all sec. I know it'll go to Dak. But man!!!!! The dude finally stepped up. And he singlehandedly had the hogs in position to win. He has since auburn. He will next week when they dismantle auburn. 

And I'm feeling more hopeful that Collins comes back.   That is for hunger purposes!!  LOL

Longfellow

BrianfromCarlisle

Valleysports

Quote from: BrianfromCarlisle on November 22, 2015, 12:18:44 am

It's a shame that the one announcer popped off that the kick was low, even though the other announcer immediately pointed out that the offensive line had caved in.  Some fans can't objectively interpret football on their own.  A punter couldn't have gotten the ball over that rush. BrianfromCarlisle think about the trajectory - to get over the untouched defender, what would the rise have to be from where the football left the ground to clearing an 8 ft wall, 3-6 ft in front of it.  I know - someone has to be blamed.   ::)

HorseFeathers

Defense gives up 500+ yards passing, couldn't tackle a pee wee back up running back...yep must beb the offenses fault....

Breitontime

BrianfromCarlisle

I'm talking about the kicking game in general. For the entire year. They can't make it to the 5. Let alone the end zone on a kickoff.  If there is a guy that they believe can kick, I think the mind set is different on the fg attempts.  I'm not blaming the kicker on that. It was meant for the entire season

ricepig

Quote from: BrianfromCarlisle on November 22, 2015, 07:34:40 am
I'm talking about the kicking game in general. For the entire year. They can't make it to the 5. Let alone the end zone on a kickoff.  If there is a guy that they believe can kick, I think the mind set is different on the fg attempts.  I'm not blaming the kicker on that. It was meant for the entire season

There kickoffs weren't any better/worse than ours. I think both teams got one touch back each.

Texarkana_Piggie

BrianfromCarlisle

Ok?   For the entire season, the kicking game has been atrocious. That needs to be addressed. The secondary absolutely needs to be addressed. The running game wasn't there today, but that happens, and was addressed by BA losing his mind in the passing game.

I just think that if they go on the field with a strong kicker that they believe in, the protection is completely different. And, again, I mean the entire year

ricepig

Quote from: BrianfromCarlisle on November 22, 2015, 07:42:13 am
Ok?   For the entire season, the kicking game has been atrocious. That needs to be addressed. The secondary absolutely needs to be addressed. The running game wasn't there today, but that happens, and was addressed by BA losing his mind in the passing game.

I just think that if they go on the field with a strong kicker that they believe in, the protection is completely different. And, again, I mean the entire year

So, you think the guys said, well......he's not going to make it, no need to block my guy? I agree that our H.S AA kicker has been somewhat less than advertised, but you still have to do your job on every play and see if he hooks, pushes, or nails itm

fastdrop

BrianfromCarlisle

I agree. I'm just saying, if confidence is wavering, the protection can be lax.  I'm not saying they purposely give up.

BrianfromCarlisle

The kicking game as a whole is bad. That's really my point here. 

ricepig

Quote from: BrianfromCarlisle on November 22, 2015, 07:50:41 am

Worse than the defense against spread teams?

fastdrop

Quote from: ricepig on November 22, 2015, 08:25:00 am

Prescott was 38-of-50 passing for 508 yards and five touchdowns with one interception plus 46 rushing yards and two touchdowns on the ground.

Prescott is a man among boys.

bobcat81

On the kick, I think as someone noted unfortunately #46 didn't move until the defender moved and at that point it was too late.  Had he moved at the actual snap and blocked to the inside that player would not have blocked the kick.  I'm also convinced, after watching the various replays several times, that the ball would have had enough trajectory to get past the other two leaping defenders who would have had any chance of blocking it, but who were 6-7 yards away rather than the three for the player who blocked it. 

I do agree that there is a lack of confidence in the kicking game, by we fans, and why we question and have uncertainty about the coach(s) deciding to go by the book in that situation. 

fastdrop

Quote from: bobcat81 on November 22, 2015, 08:38:38 am
On the kick, I think as someone noted unfortunately #46 didn't move until the defender moved and at that point it was too late.  Had he moved at the actual snap and blocked to the inside that player would not have blocked the kick.  I'm also convinced, after watching the various replays several times, that the ball would have had enough trajectory to get past the other two leaping defenders who would have had any chance of blocking it, but who were 6-7 yards away rather than the three for the player who blocked it. 

I do agree that there is a lack of confidence in the kicking game, by we fans, and why we question and have uncertainty about the coach(s) deciding to go by the book in that situation. 
The coach did the right thing. Guess away. Michigan State ---- missed one in the first half. Did the exact thing Arkansas did at the end of the game and won. Yep, alot of teams miss field goals. I think State missed an extra point.

ricepig

Quote from: fastdrop on November 22, 2015, 08:30:29 am
Quote from: ricepig on November 22, 2015, 08:25:00 am

Prescott was 38-of-50 passing for 508 yards and five touchdowns with one interception plus 46 rushing yards and two touchdowns on the ground.

Prescott is a man among boys.

Yeah, I was there and the view from my seats had his stats posted all night long, thanks for bringing it up again, haha.

BrianfromCarlisle

I've already said our secondary is bad. Lol.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas