• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lsu Vs Alabama

Started by pioneers, November 02, 2015, 09:25:34 am

Previous topic - Next topic

pioneers

If Lsu wins the sec will get a team into the playoffs if Alabama wins this is the year the sec gets left out because there will be 4 unbeatens at the end of the year.

My prediction Alabama holds fournette to 93 yards and picks off Brandon Harris twice to win 17-6

WPWells

Guaranteed that only three other power 5 conferences will have an undefeated. So, in the words of Lee Corso, "Not so fast my friend"

Redwolves8526

Just not too impressed with Bama this year. Im taking LSU with the upset in Bryant Denny. LSU-28 Bama-24

VHSCoach2

Hoping LSU wins, but I have a feeling Alabama will use the home advantage to their, well... advantage.

Valleysports

Quote from: VHSCoach2 on November 03, 2015, 12:38:08 pm
Hoping LSU wins, but I have a feeling Alabama will use the home advantage to their, well... advantage.

They'll use their defense to their advantage.  What if Bama defense shuts down the LSU running game?  Can LSU throw the ball?  In reality this is about #3 vs #4. 

bdubyab60

I didn't expect to see both of these teams in the top 4 of the playoff. Committee with a little bit of bias in this first poll.

Legend

SECISM strikes again with the first poll. Putting Bama at 4. Im pretty sure ND 1 loss is more significant than Bama 1 loss. It will all play out Saturday and im really hoping LSU wins. If Bama wins LSU could sneak back in and there be a debate for 2 SEC teams in the playoff.

pioneers

Lsu has lost 4 straight times to bama now it becomes a mental game.
For lsu to win fournette must have 100+ yards rushing and 2 td 'so
And Brandon Harris has to make some first downs on his own. I would like to see lsu run some read option with Harris to free him up and let him make some plays because he is capable of doing that.

Valleysports

beach bum

Bama wins this weekend and Notre Dame gets upset by Pitt....

Legend

SECISM- Definition.... Making sure that an SEC team gets in the final 4 no matter what becuse they would lose money if there wasnt an SEC team in the final 4

ricepig

Quote from: Legend on November 04, 2015, 02:14:27 pm
SECISM- Definition.... Making sure that an SEC team gets in the final 4 no matter what becuse they would lose money if there wasnt an SEC team in the final 4

I guess two can out vote 10 others.

http://www.collegefootballplayoff.com/selection-committee

Valleysports

It just surprised me after you wrote all those post claiming you don't whine about SEC favoritism.  Okay to be honest it didn't, I was just pointing it out to you again.  After every new ranking, discussion of playoffs, or strength of schedule, we can always count on you to not whine.  LOL   

bdubyab60

Quote from: ricepig on November 04, 2015, 02:20:12 pm

Just becasue the other 10 arent SEC guys doesnt mean they dont know where the bread is buttered.

Only one I was curious about was Bama. I saw them close but not in just yet becasue of the loss to Ole Miss and depsite the one loss there have been a couple games where they really havent looked that great. I mean Memphis straight up handled Ole Miss.

ricepig

Quote from: bdubyab60 on November 04, 2015, 04:42:26 pm

Just becasue the other 10 arent SEC guys doesnt mean they dont know where the bread is buttered.

Only one I was curious about was Bama. I saw them close but not in just yet becasue of the loss to Ole Miss and depsite the one loss there have been a couple games where they really havent looked that great. I mean Memphis straight up handled Ole Miss.

Well, I figure ACC, Big 1G, Big 12, and others wouldn't be so adamant for a SEC team to be in it.

Legend

Im not saying that LSU doesnt belong because they are one of the top teams but Bama lost to OLE Miss @ home and ND loss to us @ Clemson by 2. To me ND is ahead of Bama.

bdubyab60

Quote from: ricepig on November 04, 2015, 06:33:17 pm
Quote from: bdubyab60 on November 04, 2015, 04:42:26 pm

Well, I figure ACC, Big 1G, Big 12, and others wouldn't be so adamant for a SEC team to be in it.
The big boys stick together. Thats why they are called the Power 5 right.

Longfellow

Quote from: Legend on November 05, 2015, 05:34:18 am
Im not saying that LSU doesnt belong because they are one of the top teams but Bama lost to OLE Miss @ home and ND loss to us @ Clemson by 2. To me ND is ahead of Bama.
I agree with you. I don't think Bama ends up in the SEC championship game let alone the playoffs

Legend

Id rather play LSU than Bama anyways

pioneers

Quote from: Legend on November 05, 2015, 09:02:39 am
Id rather play LSU than Bama anyways
Why's that? Do you think bama is a better team?

Valleysports

Legend

No I think LSU is better than Bama. I would love to see our D up against their RB.

Longfellow

If it happens, which I hope it does, LSU/Clemson should be one of the best games of the year

Legend

Im holding my tongue til after this game against FSU. We have something special in Clemson SC this year and I hope we take care of business and take out FSU.

BrianfromCarlisle

So apparently Legend played for Clemson. With all the "we" references.

Legend

Just a fan sorry. Ill start using "they"

BrianfromCarlisle

Legend

I have to be agood boy from here on out!

BrianfromCarlisle

pioneers

Idk if lsu offensive line is playing that bad or alabamas front 7 are that good. Either way Alabama has got this game in the bag.

bdubyab60

Bamas defense is the real deal. Just cost fournette the heisman

HorseFeathers

31 yards on 19 carries...ouch....Didn't watch teh game, but does LSU not have a passing game again this year?

nuttinbuthogs

Bama's front is just that good.  They were incredibly motivated today and showed it by shutting down a great back.  I'd say after today Derrick Henry is in the drivers seat for the Heisman.  Guy is a Beast.

Legend

Harris had one good pass but they cant rely on it. I wonder how legendary #7 is now. He got plane whipped!

Proud Buckaroo

I've known all along that if you hold LSU #1 player under 100 yards. You will beat LSU.

AirWarren

Arkansas needs to key in on him. Lsu's stinks to high heaven. Gotta tackle this weekend. But I think if we play like we did this week, we can get to 6-4.

pioneers

Quote from: Legend on November 08, 2015, 06:12:27 am
Harris had one good pass but they cant rely on it. I wonder how legendary #7 is now. He got plane whipped!
Did he get whipped or did his offensive line? Hard to be successful when you get hit in the backfield every play.

pioneers

November 08, 2015, 09:16:48 am #37 Last Edit: November 08, 2015, 09:19:19 am by pioneers
Quote from: AirWarren on November 08, 2015, 08:33:07 am
Arkansas needs to key in on him. Lsu's stinks to high heaven. Gotta tackle this weekend. But I think if we play like we did this week, we can get to 6-4.
Idk if Arkansas secondary is good enough to load the box like Alabama did and still stop the pass Harris is iffy on his passes but Arkansas secondary is terrible at covering and tackling both.

You said Arkansas played good giving up 50+ points isn't playing very good to me. Arkansas was very lucky to come away last night with a win. Not taking anything away from the win but they are very fortunate and lucky.

AirWarren

The offense did play good. Defense no. But that's been an all year long problem. 

ricepig

Quote from: AirWarren on November 08, 2015, 09:22:14 am
The offense did play good. Defense no. But that's been an all year long problem.

Yeah, he was probably complaining all last year and earlier this year about the offense. I'll take a win anyway we can get it. I don't care if Fournette runs for 325 next Saturday, as long as we win. Having said that, we better tackle a lot better, lol.

Legend

They hit him couple times early and take his legs away from him Arkansas will do just fine

ricepig

Quote from: Legend on November 08, 2015, 10:48:22 am
They hit him couple times early and take his legs away from him Arkansas will do just fine

I think that's the problem, hitting him. Everyone complained about our lack of rush yards against Bama, their front 7 is the best, especially against pro-sets.

Legend

Arkansas has plenty of time to go over some film and prepare for that. They showed they are weak if they cant run.

AirWarren

Yup. We need the biggest game of the year from the defense.

Valleysports

Quote from: ricepig on November 08, 2015, 02:24:49 pm
Quote from: Legend on November 08, 2015, 10:48:22 am

I think that's the problem, hitting him. Everyone complained about our lack of rush yards against Bama, their front 7 is the best, especially against pro-sets.

That's why I want Bama in the playoffs, representing the SEC.  Defense wins Championships.  As for Bama shutting down #7, I thought there was stupid play calling.  He was being wrapped up during the hand off.  Just keep running him into a wall over and over.  Legend I know you're disappointed about not getting to play LSU, but maybe Alabama will be a worthy opponent.  LOL

Valleysports

Quote from: ricepig on November 08, 2015, 10:26:12 am
Quote from: AirWarren on November 08, 2015, 09:22:14 am

Yeah, he was probably complaining all last year and earlier this year about the offense. I'll take a win anyway we can get it. I don't care if Fournette runs for 325 next Saturday, as long as we win. Having said that, we better tackle a lot better, lol.

I think it's going to be a tall order ricepig.  I figure LSU will slow Arkansas Offense down more than Arkansas will slow Fournette down.  However Arkansas plays well against LSU, which is worth mentioning. 

Legend

The thing is we can actually pass better than we run. We can hang with anyone in the Nation. Only thing I will say is that we give Henry 138 yards in the first qt Bama will run away with the game unlike FSu

Lions84

Bama just owned LSU Saturday  :o :o :o :o :o

Legend

Bama wouldnt own Clemson. They might beat them but it be a one possesion game

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas