• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2015-16 NFL Season

Started by VHSCoach2, August 09, 2015, 06:44:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Lumberjackfan1978

Yea more like cold garbage

VHSCoach2

Ben Roethlisberger left the game with a shoulder injury and all the momentum has switched to Cincinnati.

VHSCoach2

January 09, 2016, 10:58:51 pm #502 Last Edit: January 09, 2016, 11:06:37 pm by VHSCoach2
Big Ben came back into the game on the final drive, and Burfict and Adam Jones had two completely stupid 15 yard penalties that gave the Steelers field goal range. Steelers win 18-16.

Kansas City at New England
Pittsburgh at Denver

Next weekend.

Lumberjackfan1978

Lumberjackfan1978

Was pulling for the bengals

mtindian42

That bengals team was clearly out of control...Lewis had absolutely no control of his players... None...

WPWells

Burfict penalty was deserved. No reason to throw the flag on Jones. The Steelers coach was on the field instigating that while his player was down.

VHSCoach2

Quote from: Fred Bird on January 09, 2016, 11:25:00 pm
Burfict penalty was deserved. No reason to throw the flag on Jones. The Steelers coach was on the field instigating that while his player was down.

Burfict played all season as a head-hunter. He needs to be banned.

VHSCoach2

January 10, 2016, 12:34:06 pm #508 Last Edit: January 10, 2016, 07:12:38 pm by VHSCoach2
Wild Card Playoff Scores:

Kansas City Chiefs: 30
Houston Texans: 0
Final

Pittsburgh Steelers: 18

Cincinnati Bengals: 16
Final

Seattle Seahawks: 10
Minnesota Vikings: 9
Final

Green Bay Packers: 35
Washington Redskins: 18
Final

WPWells

VHSCoach2

Divisional round is set.

Kansas City at New England
Green Bay at Arizona
Seattle at Carolina
Pittsburgh at Denver

Redwolves8526

How does Walsh miss that field goal? The Vikings outplayed the Seahawks the entire game. Goodness gracious....

Picks for this upcoming weekend? Ill take Denver, Kansas City, Carolina, and Arizona

dc24

Quote from: Redwolves8526 on January 11, 2016, 10:13:35 am
How does Walsh miss that field goal? The Vikings outplayed the Seahawks the entire game. Goodness gracious....

Picks for this upcoming weekend? Ill take Denver, Kansas City, Carolina, and Arizona

I'd say it was a pretty even game and Seattle won the fourth quarter for sure.  Would have been 0-0 at halftime without the bad punt snap by the Seahawks.  Minnesota played tough though and I knew it would be a battle with their team healthy, along with the cold.

Also, I don't think any field goal in -degree weather is automatic.  Sure he made his first three, but still, that's hard to do.  I bet if you had told most Vikings' fans he was 3-for-4 in FG's before the game, they would have taken it.  I sure would have from Hauschka.

That said, the game could have gone either way, and I'm just glad it went Seattle's way.

MDXPHD

Quote from: dc24 on January 11, 2016, 11:05:49 am

I'd say it was a pretty even game and Seattle won the fourth quarter for sure. Would have been 0-0 at halftime without the bad punt snap by the Seahawks.  Minnesota played tough though and I knew it would be a battle with their team healthy, along with the cold.

Also, I don't think any field goal in -degree weather is automatic.  Sure he made his first three, but still, that's hard to do.  I bet if you had told most Vikings' fans he was 3-for-4 in FG's before the game, they would have taken it.  I sure would have from Hauschka.

That said, the game could have gone either way, and I'm just glad it went Seattle's way.

Won the fourth quarter with a busted play on a bad snap by their center and also a turnover by AP. Vikings had the game and shut Seattle down. Vikings are relatively young, so they will be good for a few years with Zimmer.

BigLion10

Looks like the Rams are headed back to Los Angeles. The Chargers are looking into moving there as well now

WPWells

Glad this happened. STL needs to be a three-sport city, but the Rams weren't cutting it under the current ownership

dc24

Quote from: MDXPHD on January 12, 2016, 05:20:24 pm
Quote from: dc24 on January 11, 2016, 11:05:49 am

I'd say it was a pretty even game and Seattle won the fourth quarter for sure. Would have been 0-0 at halftime without the bad punt snap by the Seahawks.  Minnesota played tough though and I knew it would be a battle with their team healthy, along with the cold.

Won the fourth quarter with a busted play on a bad snap by their center and also a turnover by AP. Vikings had the game and shut Seattle down. Vikings are relatively young, so they will be good for a few years with Zimmer.

Looking at the stats right now. Minnesota had 14 first downs to Seattle's 13.  Seattle outgained the Vikings 226 to 183.  Adrian Peterson had 45 yards on 23 carries.  Christine Michael ran for 70 yards on 21 carries.  Seattle was penalized 6 times for 65 yards and Minnesota only twice for 46 yards.

You can talk about the bad snap all you want, but that's Russell Wilson being Russell Wilson.  No other QB in the league makes the play, save maybe Aaron Rodgers.  We were driving on the drive as well, so it wouldn't be right to assume we wouldn't have scored anyway, but it is also no sure thing.  Yeah a forced turnover by Kam Chancellor, not a bad snap that was gifted to the Vikings on a punt like in the first quarter that gave the ball to Minnesota inside Seattle's 30 and they had to settle for a FG.  We can go back-and-forth like this all we want to, but it was an even ball game in terrible conditions and Seattle sneaked out a 10-9 win.  Main thing is Seattle scored a touchdown, Minnesota did not.  To say Minnesota shut Seattle down without acknowledging that Seattle also shut Minnesota down is omitting a big fact.

Should Seattle have won?  I don't know.  They had some luck at the end, but Minnesota had some gifts as well such as the bad punt snap and a questionable DPI call on their final drive.  It was a game that both teams could have won, I'll put it that way, but both teams can't win.  I do feel fortunate to be advancing.

That said, Minnesota has a heck of a defense and that's what kept them in the game, that and Blair Walsh.  You can say what you want about the final kick, but had someone told me he'd make 3-of-4 field goals in -degree weather, I would have said he had a heck of game.  But the first time they played they were missing two defensive starters and lost two more during the first quarter and you could tell they were difference makers.

Their offense though?  Yikes.  Peterson is great, but that's really about it.  Diggs had a nice year, but they need to let Teddy throw downfield more.  I think he has the potential to be a really dang QB in the league, but they aren't giving him the chance to be.  They have some other nice weapons, but maybe they will trust him more now.  He had a very nice game.

VHSCoach2

There were two close games that I was going to be able to watch my Falcons play next season: St. Louis and New Orleans. St. Louis is out now.  :-[

WPWells

I've got the Chiefs, Cardinals, Broncos, and Panthers this weekend

VHSCoach2

January 16, 2016, 07:13:35 pm #519 Last Edit: January 17, 2016, 06:47:18 pm by VHSCoach2
Divisional Playoff scores:

Kansas City Chiefs: 20
New England Patriots: 27
Final

Green Bay Packers: 20
Arizona Cardinals: 26
Final/OT

Seattle Seahawks: 24
Carolina Panthers: 31
Final

Pittsburgh Steelers: 16
Denver Broncos: 23
Final

VHSCoach2

Aaron Rodgers just launched a Hail Mary, which was caught by Jeff Janis, to force overtime in Arizona on the last play of the fourth quarter.

BigLion10

WPWells

1-Adam-12

Did I just see that?

I mean, ALL OF THAT??

Pinball, Hail Mary, Coin Flop, Hail Larry.

Take a bow Cards.  And Pack.  What a great show.

Romeo

Unbelievable game last night. The Cardinals coaches should be kissing Larry Fitzgerald's feet. He bailed them out after making some very questionable calls late in the game. Instead of running time off the clock, you throw an incomplete pass on second down essentially giving Aaron Rodgers an extra 40 seconds to work with. Then, you call an all out blitz on that last play leaving only four defensive backs to defend that hail mary.

Lionheart88

Did AZ have Paul Petrino calling plays down the stretch or something?  lol

VHSCoach2

Carolina with a 75-yard drive and a pick-six to go up 14-0 less than 4 minutes into the game.

VHSCoach2

The conference championship games are set...

New England at Denver

Arizona at Carolina

DerekOxford

Quote from: VHSCoach2 on January 17, 2016, 06:47:46 pm
The conference championship games are set...

New England at Denver

Arizona at Carolina

Rematch of Super Bowl XXXVIII awaits.

mtindian42

Congrats to Denver! Go home pats!!!😂 Se ya! Go bring it home for the afc Broncos...

mtindian42

January 24, 2016, 06:12:32 pm #530 Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 06:17:02 pm by mtindian42
How about Ted ginn aka former buckeye! B1G speed right there!

mtindian42

Buckeye city! Philly brown 10

mtindian42

Panthers 17 cardinals 0 2nd

bdubyab60

Carolina has a way of letting teams back in games

mtindian42

January 24, 2016, 07:12:05 pm #534 Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 08:12:06 pm by mtindian42
Panthers 34 cardinals 15 4th It will be manning vs Newton in the SB

bdubyab60

mtindian42

Yet another buckeye with the int... Coleman his 2nd of the night!

mtindian42

Panthers 42 cardinals 15 4th

mtindian42

Wow... Carson Palmer smh...

mtindian42

January 24, 2016, 08:42:07 pm #539 Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 08:57:54 pm by mtindian42
Panthers 49 cardinals 15 final

Redwolves8526

Who ya got in SB 50? I'll take my Broncos by 6. I think Manning scores just enough to allow the defense to win them the game. This will be a fantastic matchup in my opinion. Can't wait!

WPWells

I've got Cam running wild

dc24

Defense will have to win the Broncos the game.  Manning is a shell of himself, but their defense is so good, but problem is that Carolina's is very good as well and they have a better offense.  Turnovers could be the big deciding factor because it might be the only way Denver can score.

Not meant as any disrespect towards Manning because he is playing with a lot of guys, but I watched a whole lot more of the Denver/NE game that I was anticipating and he missed at least five throws an above average QB in the league can make.  He did make one or two that only really good QB's make, but he missed a few too many.

Newton is prone to mistakes though, he will have a couple of throws a game sail on him, just have to hope it's to one of your defenders and doesn't find the grass.

All that said, I'm leaning towards Panthers winning, but closer than many expect.

Redwolves8526

Quote from: dc24 on January 26, 2016, 11:22:06 pm
Defense will have to win the Broncos the game.  Manning is a shell of himself, but their defense is so good, but problem is that Carolina's is very good as well and they have a better offense.  Turnovers could be the big deciding factor because it might be the only way Denver can score.

Not meant as any disrespect towards Manning because he is playing with a lot of guys, but I watched a whole lot more of the Denver/NE game that I was anticipating and he missed at least five throws an above average QB in the league can make.  He did make one or two that only really good QB's make, but he missed a few too many.

Newton is prone to mistakes though, he will have a couple of throws a game sail on him, just have to hope it's to one of your defenders and doesn't find the grass.

All that said, I'm leaning towards Panthers winning, but closer than many expect.

Agree for the most part. I was satisfied with how much better he looked than during the regular season but he definitely missed at least 3 touchdowns. If he hits Latimer (who was wide open) in the back of the end zone with 5 minutes left in the game, it wouldn't have ever gotten close.

I think if Denver can put up at least 24 points with no turnovers, I think they win. If they give Cam a short field all night long, the Panthers probably take it home.

mtindian42

Colts owner Jim irsay said the colts will retire mannings jersey and build a statue of him in front of Lucas oil stadium.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas