• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2015-16 NFL Season

Started by VHSCoach2, August 09, 2015, 06:44:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Longfellow

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on August 29, 2015, 11:34:05 am
My Cowboys have started poorly, but I'm remembering that it's just preseason.
At least you know who you're starting QB is

WPWells

I just hope he doesn't play like Arts and Crafts Tony Romo

HorseFeathers

Cowboys suck

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Longfellow on August 29, 2015, 02:13:50 pm

Aren't you a New England patriots fan? If so, I cracked a joke last night and told my co-worker I thought "fix-a-flat" would be a good sponsor for them. Lol.

Longfellow

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on August 29, 2015, 05:26:01 pm

Aren't you a New England patriots fan? If so, I cracked a joke last night and told my co-worker I thought "fix-a-flat" would be a good sponsor for them. Lol.
Hah! That's probably the best deflate-gate joke I've heard. And I've heard all of them. It does get annoying sometimes, that and being called a bandwagoner. By the way, I've been a patriots fan since I was 7 years old. I seriously started cheering for them because they are red, white, and blue. I'm a true Patriot

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Longfellow on August 29, 2015, 07:39:23 pm
Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on August 29, 2015, 05:26:01 pm

Hah! That's probably the best deflate-gate joke I've heard. And I've heard all of them. It does get annoying sometimes, that and being called a bandwagoner. By the way, I've been a patriots fan since I was 7 years old. I seriously started cheering for them because they are red, white, and blue. I'm a true Patriot

Bandwagon fan....they were winning their first super bowl when you were 7

Longfellow

Judge rules against NFL, nullifies Brady suspension

Lionheart88

Good to know you're allowed to cheat in the NFL.

beach bum

Quote from: Lionheart88 on September 03, 2015, 11:18:31 am

Its deflated footballs for goodness sake.... NFL recievers already nearly never drop passes. I am a Chiefs fan and can't stand the Patriots but this is a whole bunch of nothing. Nearly, every other player in the NFL thinks this way too. Taking steroids is cheating. Who cares about a ball that is barely under deflated to standard. Whether those balls were deflated or not the Patriots are the best team in the AFC by far.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: beach bum on September 03, 2015, 11:37:07 am

Its deflated footballs for goodness sake.... NFL recievers already nearly never drop passes. I am a Chiefs fan and can't stand the Patriots but this is a whole bunch of nothing. Nearly, every other player in the NFL thinks this way too. Taking steroids is cheating. Who cares about a ball that is barely under deflated to standard. Whether those balls were deflated or not the Patriots are the best team in the AFC by far.

I read an article that came out right after this broke that the Colts had some footballs with the wrong pressure too....but I guess when you lose 45-7 nobody cares what you do

Lionheart88

The rules are the rules.  If you're not going to enforce them why have them?  Besides, there's no way the Patriots would've gone to all the effort they did to ensure the PSI was where they wanted it unless they believed they were gaining some sort of competitive advantage out of it.

Longfellow

Quote from: Lionheart88 on September 03, 2015, 12:01:24 pm

The rules are the rules.  If you're not going to enforce them why have them?  Besides, there's no way the Patriots would've gone to all the effort they did to ensure the PSI was where they wanted it unless they believed they were gaining some sort of competitive advantage out of it.
My question is this: why does Leveon Bell get a smaller suspension for weed/dwi than Brady does for this. The patriots didn't threaten anyone's life. Bell drove under the influence of drug and alcohol. Greg Hardy beat his wife, and only got four games. Tell me what the NFL is really worried about.

Proud Buckaroo

I can understand having a slight advantage, but not a 38 point advantage...

Lionheart88

Quote from: Longfellow on September 03, 2015, 01:23:10 pm

My question is this: why does Leveon Bell get a smaller suspension for weed/dwi than Brady does for this. The patriots didn't threaten anyone's life. Bell drove under the influence of drug and alcohol. Greg Hardy beat his wife, and only got four games. Tell me what the NFL is really worried about.
Because the NFL sees cheating as a bigger issue than drugs and violence.  Whether or not they should feel that way is a completely different question as to whether or not those who break the rules of the game should be punished, though.

Longfellow

Quote from: Lionheart88 on September 03, 2015, 01:52:44 pm

Because the NFL sees cheating as a bigger issue than drugs and violence.  Whether or not they should feel that way is a completely different question as to whether or not those who break the rules of the game should be punished, though.
Wow do you raise your kids that way? It's ok to do drugs and drive and beat women, but we get a 8 month court battle because a guy in the Patriots organization deflated a football. To be generally aware is not proof of guilt. I'm generally aware of a lot of things, but I'm not responsible for them

HorseFeathers

Not sure how accurate the article was...but I read earlier that the cba doesn't allow suspensions for tampering with equipment, just a fine. Not to mention the Colts illegally checked the psi of a ball on the field....

Don't forget that the NFLs lawyers said in court we have no evidence proving that brady or the team knew that the balls had been tampered with

Lionheart88

Quote from: Longfellow on September 03, 2015, 02:31:50 pm

Wow do you raise your kids that way? It's ok to do drugs and drive and beat women, but we get a 8 month court battle because a guy in the Patriots organization deflated a football. To be generally aware is not proof of guilt. I'm generally aware of a lot of things, but I'm not responsible for them
Would I raise my theoretical future children to see cheating as a bigger deal than drugs and domestic violence?  No, but I'm also not a sports league whose existence depends on viewers and the integrity of the game.  Do you think that sports leagues shouldn't punish cheaters?

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Lionheart88 on September 03, 2015, 05:11:18 pm
Quote from: Longfellow on September 03, 2015, 02:31:50 pm

Would I raise my theoretical future children to see cheating as a bigger deal than drugs and domestic violence?  No, but I'm also not a sports league whose existence depends on viewers and the integrity of the game.  Do you think that sports leagues shouldn't punish cheaters?

They should...but they shouldn't agree to one set of punishments(Tampering with equipment is punishable by a fine not a suspension), then try to arbitrarily hand out a different one with no justification.

Before you scream he destroyed a cell phone, the NFL withheld stuff too...

BigLion10

bleudog

VHSCoach2

Not watching the season opener just yet, but following the score.  Looks like the Patriots are handling business, as per usual.

VHSCoach2

Pittsburgh Steelers: 21
New England Patriots: 28
Final

According to Mike Tomlin, "We were listening to the Patriots' radio broadcast on our headsets in the first half."

It's always something with the Patriots, haha.

VHSCoach2

I just called DirecTV to confirm, and I do, indeed, get NFL Sunday Ticket for free this season.  8)

VHSCoach2

First NFL Sunday of the season!

Watching all the pregame shows that I can.  Can't think of a better way to spend a Sunday morning.

WPWells

I'm about to head to church and then come back and watch football with maybe a little homework mixed in

VHSCoach2

September 13, 2015, 12:09:49 pm #75 Last Edit: September 13, 2015, 10:55:58 pm by VHSCoach2
Scores for 9/13/15, Week 1:

Kansas City Chiefs: 27
Houston Texans: 20
Final

Green Bay Packers: 31
Chicago Bears: 23
Final

Indianapolis Colts: 14
Buffalo Bills: 27
Final

Cleveland Browns: 10
New York Jets: 31
Final

Seattle Seahawks: 31
St. Louis Rams: 34
Final/OT

Miami Dolphins: 17
Washington Redskins: 10
Final

Carolina Panthers: 20
Jacksonville Jaguars: 9
Final

Detroit Lions: 28
San Diego Chargers: 33
Final

New Orleans Saints: 19
Arizona Cardinals: 31
Final

Baltimore Ravens: 13
Denver Broncos: 19
Final

Cincinnati Bengals: 33
Oakland Raiders: 13
Final

Tennessee Titans: 42
Tampa Bay Buccaneers: 14
Final

New York Giants: 26
Dallas Cowboys: 27
Final

VHSCoach2

September 13, 2015, 03:26:29 pm #76 Last Edit: September 13, 2015, 03:32:38 pm by VHSCoach2
Pete Carroll went for an onside kick for the opening kick of overtime against the Rams today.

Rams recovered, but the Seahawks held them to a field goal.

And then the Rams stuff Marshawn Lynch on 4th and 1 to get the win.

WPWells

How many fantasy teams does everyone have? I have two

HorseFeathers

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on September 13, 2015, 03:29:49 pm
How many fantasy teams does everyone have? I have two

I've got 1...first year I've done it though. Not giving a flip about the nfl may have helped me though... I was projected to win the league...

VHSCoach2

Mariota with 2 touchdowns already, while Winston has thrown a pick-six.

Titans lead Bucs, 21-0, halfway through the first quarter.

WPWells

VHSCoach2

Tough last two minutes of the half there for Dallas.  Looked to be driving down to go up 10-3 or 13-3, then two straight turnovers makes it easy for the Giants to take a 13-6 lead into halftime.

BigLion10

Lucky defense play for the Giants again come on cowboys

WPWells

HorseFeathers

Quote from: BigLion10 on September 13, 2015, 10:05:31 pm
Lucky defense play for the Giants again come on cowboys

I hate the cowboys but somehow had Romo fall into my lap for fantasy....so go....nope can't do it. Cowboys suck

VHSCoach2

What a drive by Romo and the 'Boys!

VHSCoach2

Now that the first Sunday of NFL is over, I can look forward to Monday Night Football. Hopefully my Falcons can beat the Eagles.

WPWells

I'm hoarse after that last drive. My Boys are 1-0 and it looks like both of my fantasy teams will be 1-0

BigLion10

VHSCoach2

Scores from last night's Monday Night Football contests:

Philadelphia Eagles 24
Atlanta Falcons 26
Final  8)

Minnesota Vikings 3
San Francisco 49ers 20
Final

WPWells

In one of my fantasy leagues I beat my opponent by 115 points. That team is loaded

Longfellow

I have gronkowski and Julio jones. Needless to say, I won this weekend

VHSCoach2

I can honestly say that I have never played fantasy football.

Am I really missing out as much as I have been told I am? 

WPWells

I beat a team that had both Brady and Gronk

phdefense

Quote from: VHSCoach2 on September 15, 2015, 11:02:29 am
I can honestly say that I have never played fantasy football.

Am I really missing out as much as I have been told I am?
Nah you are not missing out. It completely changes the way you view NFL games and not for the better. That being said I have been playing every year since 1998.

BigLion10

HorseFeathers

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on September 15, 2015, 10:41:36 am
In one of my fantasy leagues I beat my opponent by 115 points. That team is loaded

I beat the number 2 scoring team in my league by fiftyish this week...only flop I had was Odell beckham...

BigLion10

Blah Beckhams overrated imo. Only reason he got so popular was thay catch he made

HorseFeathers

Quote from: BigLion10 on September 15, 2015, 07:02:09 pm
Blah Beckhams overrated imo. Only reason he got so popular was thay catch he made

Whoever does the fantasy projections for nfl.com is in love with him

BigLion10

True but honestly other than that catch what made him so special

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas