• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tulsa exodus

Started by OPoraquê, July 23, 2014, 07:39:12 am

Previous topic - Next topic

OPoraquê

July 23, 2014, 07:39:12 am Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 07:59:35 am by OPoraquê
Today, it was announced that Har-Ber has hired the seven-year Tulsa Union soccer coach for its program.

Earlier this summer, Har-Ber also hired the baseball coach at Rogers State (Claremore, OK, Helen Walton's old town and also a T-town suburb) for its baseball program.  Also, Springdale High hired the wrestling coach from Bixby, OK (you guessed it, Tulsa suburb) this summer for its own program.

And this comes three years after Bennie hired the director of bands at Broken Arrow High School (which vies with Union for the title of biggest high school in Tulsa and Oklahoma) for its own band program after the previous band directors (a married couple) retired.

Do I see a pattern here?

Now, probably a very little known fact in northwest Arkansas (especially in Benton County) is that Benton County has essentially been the City of Tulsa's (and metro Tulsa's as the latter has grown) primary water source for 87 years.  I've seen the pooled spring which is the headwaters of the Spavinaw many times while visiting my daughter's alma mater New Heights Christian School, the current grounds on which the spring exists.  There are pictures of it on their web site.  The school is the equivalent of two blocks east of the western Bentonville School District boundary, about 1 - 1/2 miles west/northwest of where the new Bentonville West High School will be.

Maybe all these new coaches and teachers are a trade-off for all that H20?  ;)

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas