• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas State University Red Wolves Rugby Team

Started by True Believer, April 25, 2011, 09:19:32 am

Previous topic - Next topic

True Believer

All jokes aside (the Red Wolves beat the Razorbacks ), the Red Wolves just won the Mid South College Premier Division Champions!

They are ranked #3 in the nation.  If you have never been to a rugby match then you are truly missing out.  I don't care who you pull for, it's football without the helmets and pads. 

It's an Arkansas team so I'm proud of them.  The members are from South Africa, New Zealand, South America, England, USA and even one member is from West Memphis, Arkansas.   

I love rugby and I am still learning the rules but if you get the chance then go watch a match. 

Way to go Red Wolves!

True Believer

Chosen 1

They really are an impressive crew. Congrats on a great season and good luck in the tourney!

Uncle Ivan

It's a non-sanctioned sport, and like the joke of a football team there, can not draw fifty people there to watch.

Therefore, it does not matter.

Chosen 1

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on April 29, 2011, 10:05:45 am
It's a non-sanctioned sport, and like the joke of a football team there, can not draw fifty people there to watch.

Once again you blow smoke out of your butt out of disdain for a school.

There are usually several hundred people at Rugby matches.

Peety

Shouldn't you get banned for coming in and talking bad about a school? Especially one with a special thread? Seems to be like that in the Arkansas Football thread

fastdrop

Ivan is a closet Red Wolf fan .. Don't let him fool ya

Chosen 1

Quote from: Peety on April 29, 2011, 09:01:37 pm
Shouldn't you get banned for coming in and talking bad about a school? Especially one with a special thread? Seems to be like that in the Arkansas Football thread
Board heavy's don't get banned. Speaking out against the norm will get you banned. Ivan tries to play the funny guy, popularity contest.

MA

I got banned for saying an Auburn recruit was better than a Razorback recruit and Im an Arkansas fan lol They say dont bash this or that or keep on topic... But in reality they are all hypocrits lol. Congrats to the ASU Rugby team I really enjoy watching Rugby... I know nothing about it lol But I know the All Blacks dominate ;) my step mom is from New Zealand. haha I watch any time I get a chance. Its a great game.

True Believer

No.   I am special.  And no.  Not special ed.  :)

True Believer

Quote from: Chosen 1 on April 29, 2011, 09:51:52 pm
Board heavy's don't get banned. Speaking out against the norm will get you banned. Ivan tries to play the funny guy, popularity contest.

I just really try to get along with everyone.  I kid around on here with   Billyo, Earl, Bait, B.G., FD, Ricepig, the West Memphis goobers, the Cryant peeps and a few others.  Unless I'm super bored and just feel ornery.  I love Arkansas. and all Arkansas things.   Sometimes I get in an uproar but I try very hard to just keep my sense of humor and not too riled up over anything said on here.  Getting personal is wrong. 

I'm an alumni of Arkansas State University but I still love the Hogs.

I wasn't bashing anyone anyway.  I just know how most people love to bash on the Red Wolves so before they embarrassed themselves, I was telling them that the Red Wolves beat the Hog's rugby team.

And they are doing very well.   :)

True Believer

Quote from: fastdrop on April 29, 2011, 09:13:50 pm
Ivan is a closet Red Wolf fan .. Don't let him fool ya

Quote from: Chosen 1 on April 29, 2011, 11:05:56 am
Quote from: Uncle Ivan on April 29, 2011, 10:05:45 am

Once again you blow smoke out of your butt out of disdain for a school.

There are usually several hundred people at Rugby matches.

Ivan is such a sweet kid.  :)

True Believer

Red Wolves are in the final four playoffs. 

True Believer

The Arkansas State University Red Wolves beat the University of Arkansas Razorbacks 58 to zero.

Today.  In this freezing weather.

Peety

I was there. It was crazy! And ridiculously cold

True Believer

I thought about coming for a nano second.  I went to the Convo for the Sportsman Show instead.   Much warmer. 

Congrats.

fastdrop

Quote from: Peety on February 11, 2012, 07:29:18 pm
Did you see Smithian all painted up cheering on the Hogs with no shirt on calling dem Hawgs?

Smithian

Quote from: fastdrop on February 11, 2012, 08:44:14 pm
Did you see Smithian all painted up cheering on the Hogs with no shirt on calling dem Hawgs?
I stick to real sports.

Our Gymnastics team had a match with over 5,000 recently. That is how we roll in Arkansas. If we aren't watching a real sport, we are going to go and watch attractive girls in tight clothing. Not rugby.

Hoghead

Quote from: True Believer on February 11, 2012, 05:02:29 pm
The Arkansas State University Red Wolves beat the University of Arkansas Razorbacks 58 to zero.

Today.  In this freezing weather.
Frank Broyles is mad as heck !

fastdrop

Quote from: Smithian on February 12, 2012, 02:00:08 am
I stick to real sports.

Our Gymnastics team had a match with over 5,000 recently. That is how we roll in Arkansas. If we aren't watching a real sport, we are going to go and watch attractive girls in tight clothing. Not rugby.
pervert.... they are going to catch you lurking in the dark peeking through the cracks of the seniority houses and somebodies daddy is going to kick your tail.

yeah buddy

Quote from: fastdrop on February 12, 2012, 08:03:26 am
I stick to real sports.

pervert.... they are going to catch you lurking in the dark peeking through the cracks of the seniority houses and somebodies daddy is going to kick your tail.

I know what you meant to say, but all I could think about was someone peeking into a house of middle aged women instead of 18-22 year olds haha.

fastdrop

Quote from: yeah buddy on February 12, 2012, 08:17:43 am
Quote from: fastdrop on February 12, 2012, 08:03:26 am
I stick to real sports.

I know what you meant to say, but all I could think about was someone peeking into a house of middle aged women instead of 18-22 year olds haha.
I was really thinking that good old Smithian and his buddies take turns peeking in on each others sisters.....

True Believer

February 12, 2012, 08:26:35 am #22 Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 08:28:15 am by True Believer

I stick to real sports.

Those rugby guys wear some short shorts and I have to say that in this weather that is a very manly thing to do  Those gymnastics girls have thighs like big bumpy boulders.   :)  And they perform in a nice warm building. 

fastdrop

Quote from: True Believer on February 12, 2012, 08:26:35 am
I stick to real sports.

Those rugby guys wear some short shorts
TB

True Believer

You have all lost your minds ever since I mentioned the Beckham commercial.

Calm down.  :) 

True Believer

2/18/12

ASU 71

Texas a&m 20

Feb 25th at 1:00 pm, the Red Wolves play Notre Dame.   Go Wolves!!!

Link:

http://www.redwolvesrugby.com/the-program/schedule

True Believer

Today's game

Arkansas State Red Wolves 96
Oklahoma 7

True Believer

The Arkansas State University Red Wolves will play BYU next week for the National Championship in Rugby!!!

GO RED WOLVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fastdrop

Quote from: True Believer on March 10, 2012, 05:46:55 pm
Today's game

Oklahoma 7
The Hogs have contacted the ASU Rugby coach to be the next Head Hawg football coach.

Seriously - Why did ASU not score a hundred? and Why did we let OU score 7?

True Believer

Quote from: fastdrop on May 13, 2012, 07:47:28 am
Quote from: True Believer on March 10, 2012, 05:46:55 pm
Today's game

Oklahoma 7
The Hogs have contacted the ASU Rugby coach to be the next Head Hawg football coach.

Seriously - Why did ASU not score a hundred? and Why did we let OU score 7?

It was a very cold day and they wear those little shorty shorts. 

True Believer

Arkansas State University came in #2 in the nation.

They played BYU in the Championship game.

Here is a link to the game:

Congrats to these young gentlemen and hope for a HOWL of a year next year!

Go Red Wolves!!!

Hero

Just watched the game, granted don't know the rules but is exciting to watch. I get the when tackled put te ball through teammates legs and then toss it backwards, but why were some guys able to just get up and keep running. Guess I should google the rules

Nice to see stAte on a national platform though. Congrats to those guys an hope they have another great season next year.

Hoghead

Quote from: Chosen 1 on April 29, 2011, 09:51:52 pm
True.... LOL ! And whatever you do don't tell any PROSTATE JOKES. You'll get the banned quickly for those. Board Heavies, Ha Ha !!!

True Believer

I'm still learning the rules too!  I still don't understand all the rules but here are very very basic rules. 

http://en.rian.ru/infographics/20110919/166952393.html

True Believer

Besides the football team winning the Sun Belt today, the Rugby team just won the 2012 National Collegiate 7's Title today also.

Watch it here:

http://espn.go.com/watchespn/player/_/source/espn3/id/724742/size/condensed/

Way to go guys!

True Believer

Come out and join us next Thursday (3/7 at 6:30) at the Spring River Room in the Student Union on campus for Rugby 101. Learn about the rules of rugby and the National Championship winning ASU program.

Coach Houser and All Americans Shaun Potgeiter, Pat Sullivan, Zac Mizell and campus celebrity Harry Higgins will all be in attendance for anyone interested in learning more about rugby! The event is open to everyone in the community and we will be giving out FREE t-shirts!!

True Believer

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas