• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Marked tree boys tuseday night the 24

Started by Chelsey 21, November 21, 2015, 01:09:38 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Chelsey 21

DeAngelo Griffin is a good athlete I'm proud to be a Indian'

pioneers

You really should learn how to start a thread....

bdubyab60

Yeah 3 threads now with nothing in them. No real talk, that's because no one cares about MT basketball. Then no updates or anything. Luckily Box puts the scores up the day after so we know these things. Usually when I start a thread there's gonna be at least an update on the quarter

bdubyab60

By the way EPC wins this one by double digits.

leedog95

Bdubb I doubt EPC wins by double digits.... This will be a close game MT might even win this game.

bdubyab60

Nope. We are definitely better than we were last year. You guys don't get us 2days after football this year either like last few years. I told y'all last year right after u guys beat us the first time what would happen the next game. Will be no different this time. EPC is more talented than MT

leedog95

Yea I heard EPC done a little recruiting this year😆

bdubyab60

Chelsey 21

Chelsey 21

BoxNOne

November 22, 2015, 08:25:10 am #10 Last Edit: November 22, 2015, 08:28:53 am by BoxNOne
Quote from: bdubyab60 on November 21, 2015, 12:41:49 pm
Just keeping up the rest

Bdub, I agree with keeping up with the rest. You play by the rules that are in force at the time. Since there are basically no rules at this time, you do what you need to do to compete with others who are already taking advantage of the situation. Bringing in outside players used to bother me but not anymore. As for the EPC-MT game, I'll go with EPC by double digits also. EPC returns a good amount of talent and has added an impact player or two from what I've heard. They should compete for conference championship along with Earle.

Head Lion

Who really wants to win with someone else's kids? I want to win with Manila kids out working other schools kids. One reason our coach is enjoying success with less, loyalty to our kids!

ISU7

Quote from: Head Lion on November 22, 2015, 07:27:37 pm
Who really wants to win with someone else's kids? I want to win with Manila kids out working other schools kids. One reason our coach is enjoying success with less, loyalty to our kids!
Don't yall have 4 transfers HL.....lol  :-X

BoxNOne

HL, this is a novel concept these days. Loyalty is an unknown word to many these days. I would also like to see schools play with their own. However, with the lack of any kind of rule enforcement going on now, I have changed my view somewhat. Schools that are out of the "move in" business will not be able to compete with those that are constantly getting new outside talent. I say you either keep up or you will be left behind over the long run.

Head Lion

Quote from: ISU7 on November 23, 2015, 08:59:33 am
We have several new students, a bunch that do not play one sport. ISU7, that is just part of being a growing school district. I am not saying we would turn any student away, but WE ARE NOT ACTIVELY TARGETING KIDS TO RECRUIT JUST TO PLAY ATHLETICS.

luxora4life

Quote from: Head Lion on November 23, 2015, 11:42:56 am
We have several new students, a bunch that do not play one sport. ISU7, that is just part of being a growing school district. I am not saying we would turn any student away, but WE ARE NOT ACTIVELY TARGETING KIDS TO RECRUIT JUST TO PLAY ATHLETICS.

THAT YOU ARE AWARE OF.  I added that for you since you left it out of that last sentence.

Head Lion

Quote from: luxora4life on November 23, 2015, 12:44:29 pm
Quote from: Head Lion on November 23, 2015, 11:42:56 am

THAT YOU ARE AWARE OF.  I added that for you since you left it out of that last sentence.
Lux, it would be hard pressed for me to not know about it, possible but I usually have a nose in it all.

Oldref

Head Lion just think about what you just said.......don't you consider any student that moves/transfers into Manila district a Lion? Do they have to pass some kind of long term residency test to become a Lion? If so and how long does it take? In this day and time people move because of all kinds of reasons......I know of one family that came from a close neighbor district of Manila that had talked to every district within 40 miles of Manila and landed in Manila......do they not now qualify as Manila Lions? Get real.......you may not have talked or encouraged them yourself but someone did and probably not anyone actually associated with the manila school did. It happens now days because kids and parents know each other from summer utrip or aau and they chat about how good they could be if little Johnny came to school X to go with what we already have. It also happens because of coaching, or lack there of, at the former school and the opportunity to play for a better coach or in a better program. After some schools get the ball rolling and are successful they have student athletes every year thinking about moving into the district..... so the best get better at the expense of the district that lost a good player. That is reality......kids want to play for the best coaches in the best programs especially if they have some relationships with the players in the district they want to come to.

Manila is growing and is in a location that may help it grow. Nothing like Brookland or Valley View but better than say BIC or Riverside. As for transfers and move ins they are here to stay and have always been happening.
I doubt anyone is going to turn them down because every district is looking for new students and being a good player is a bonus......lots of transfers and move in never play sports as you said.

To say you only want students playing in your district that have lived there forever is not reasonable in todays world.......Just my humble opinion.

leaderofthepack10

Umm I'm pretty sure that your best Jr High player is a move in that was recruited during baseball season to come to Manila.

RedWolf275

Head Lion, looks like you have been called out!

bdubyab60

I bet just about every team has a move in or transfer now. I think the move out we had cant be replaced.

Oldref

Quote from: bdubyab60 on November 23, 2015, 06:24:38 pm
I bet just about every team has a move in or transfer now. I think the move out we had cant be replaced.

My point exactly about move ins and transfers.........the move out should come back home the last semester and finish where he and his family have all played. He has already signed now so why not? Bet he wouldn't get booed in Lepanto.  Wouldn't that be something:-)

bdubyab60

Quote from: Oldref on November 23, 2015, 06:43:09 pm
Quote from: bdubyab60 on November 23, 2015, 06:24:38 pm

My point exactly about move ins and transfers.........the move out should come back home the last semester and finish where he and his family have all played. He has already signed now so why not? Bet he wouldn't get booed in Lepanto.  Wouldn't that be something:-)
Welcomed back with open arms and cheered I bet. Folks around here hate what he's going through. I hate he chose Kentucky but it's his decision. I joke about it but seriously hope he does great things.

RedWolf275

I'm still trying to figure out why he went to Bentonville. If it was just to improve the competition level, he could have moved 30 miles to Jonesboro. They have had a better basketball program than Bentonville over the years and probably a better coach now. I would not want to play in NWA all season. Some folks up there take Hog sports VERY seriously!

BigLion10

Look at all the coverage he is getting at bentonville between the games on tv and all the out of state tournaments they are in he gets loads of exposure to put the monk brand out there

bdubyab60

I would argue he could have had that same exposure at Jonesboro

BigLion10

I don't know if Jonesboro would get the coverage bentonville has though they are playing a lot out of state this year

RedWolf275

He gets more exposure during the summer than he does during high school. They've all known about Malik Monk since probably eighth or ninth grade. He was doing things in the ninth grade at EPC that put him on everybody's radar. I would bet there are some very unhappy folks up there in Hogland!

bdubyab60

Quote from: BigLion10 on November 24, 2015, 11:51:00 am
I don't know if Jonesboro would get the coverage bentonville has though they are playing a lot out of state this year
Jonesboro would have done the same. Do yo ureally think Bentonville is going off and playing in those tournaments without him.

bdubyab60

In other words. Bentonville is getting th eexposure from hainvg malik. Not the other way around. What had Bentonville done before he got there. Nothing in basketball terms really that I know of.

RedWolf275

Still haven't won  a state championship.

bdubyab60

bdubyab60

bdubyab60

Both teams need to settle down. Griffin in the bench now 4 fouls, MT another player ejected.

MT 16 EPC 13 end one

bdubyab60

Refs controlling pace of the game. Free throw shooting killing EPC. Both teams really sloppy.

EPC 27 MT 23 halftime.

leedog95

MT hasn't played their two best players since the 1st Qtr and only down by 4 I'm really surprised about. If those were playing MT would be winning right now no doubt about it........

bdubyab60

I don't think they would be. EPC has missed enough free throws for both teams. As I say that another charge. Not either one of those guys were lighting it up.

bdubyab60

EPC can't throw it in the ocean either.

EPC 46 MT 37 headed to the fourth.

Heck I think Reed may have 7 points

leedog95

The Kid that got ejected had 8 of MT 16 when he left the game. He was the best player on the floor.

bdubyab60

Maybe he should keep his cool and not get ejected. JS

bdubyab60

Number 11 for EPC is the best player on the floor now

BigLion10

bdubyab60

bdubyab60

bdubyab60

EPC closes MT. 66-58.

I promise u it will be worse in Lepanto. We played well in spurts but not near what we can.

BigLion10

We'll contact with officials will get u tossed in a hurry

leedog95

Number 11 for EPC James he is a pretty slick little guy

BoxNOne

Bdub, did you know any of the refs? Sounds like a very entertaining game if not the best played by either team.

leedog95

Bdub EPC played MT tonight and 90% of the that game MT played without their two best players and only lost 8 that isn't too bad. I told you it wouldn't be a blowout tonight.... And it won't be a blowout in Lepanto either.

leedog95

EPC or MT can't hang with Earle I promise you that.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas