• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Marmaduke vs. England girls State Championship rematch

Started by redrider30, November 19, 2015, 02:04:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

redrider30

redrider30

Marmaduke could very well come into this game with an 8-0 record and a 39 game winning streak. Hard to say a team that's undefeated and has won 39 in a row is the underdog but I think most people will consider England as the favorite in this one on their home court but we'll see next week. It will be fun though.

bigworm

BigLion10

Championship rematch tonight should be a dandy I'm going with my lady lions by 6

redrider30

It is a rematch of schools but not teams. Marmaduke graduated all 5 starters and 9 seniors from last year's team while England has everybody back. It will be fun though and the new lady greyhounds are looking forward to the challenge.

BigLion10

There was a pretty big article in the paper about it. Also congrats to Coach Mackey on his 200th win last week against Caddo Hills

RedWolf275

MikelB

I think Smith's pack of Hounds is just too much for the Lionesses. . .Duke by 20

BigLion10

BigLion10

BigLion10

BigLion10

Basketball14

BoxNOne

Saw Marmaduke play the other night and they are not in the same league as last years Sidney Bopp led team. This result is not surprising to me.

WPWells

NEA Razorback olfan

MikelB

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on November 24, 2015, 09:04:00 pm
Where's Mr. "Marm by 20"?
I was at a ball game, actually watching the game not playing on my phone. But it doesn't matter to me if everybody beats Duke by 20+

WPWells

I was at my house with my family that hasn't been together in a couple months, not playing on my phone. I would make excuses too if I made a butt of myself by being really wrong. Bye

keohog

Quote from: MikelB on November 24, 2015, 12:17:32 pm
I think Smith's pack of Hounds is just too much for the Lionesses. . .Duke by 20
This pack of hounds is not that good.

hogfan32

Has Marmaduke droped off that much or is England just that much better?

lionfan59

After seeing last yearning this year. Two things I noticed. Marmaduke does not have that take charge player that they had in Bopp last year. They still got some solid shooters for sure. Englabd added another threat with their freshman guard. Their attitude also seemed more focused which seems to happen with age. This is England's year to Bring back the Championship

Cheek

Quote from: hogfan32 on November 28, 2015, 07:23:46 am

England is just that much better.  England put the running clock on them.   I do not see Marmaduke winning their conference this year.  We played EPC and it was a much tougher game. 

BoxNOne

England much better at this point for sure. Earle may be in that 2a-3 conversation as well. They have a really good 9th grader but I'm not sure they moved her up.

Cheek

Quote from: BoxNOne on November 28, 2015, 07:39:40 pm
England much better at this point for sure. Earle may be in that 2a-3 conversation as well. They have a really good 9th grader but I'm not sure they moved her up.

I heard Earle had some move ins and has a really good team.  I do not Marmaduke getting much better.  England will get better as the season progresses.  We are not shooting very good this early in the season.  When or shooters get on track, we will be hard to beat.

MikelB

Quote from: Cheek on November 28, 2015, 05:42:21 pm
Quote from: hogfan32 on November 28, 2015, 07:23:46 am

England is just that much better.  England put the running clock on them.   I do not see Marmaduke winning their conference this year.  We played EPC and it was a much tougher game.

EPC and Marmaduke play tonight, hope it's a barnburner!

RedWolf275

That should be a good game. I think if EPC can handle the press they will have a good shot. Vornes will be load on the inside.

MikelB

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas