• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

JC-Westside Basketball

Started by AT, November 16, 2015, 08:35:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

AT

JC-Westside girls won the first three games of their season in their Lady Rebel classic, beating Lamar, Lavaca, and JA Fair.

The boys have had to postpone/cancel two games because of the football playoffs.

Both teams will play Paris tomorrow night at home. This game was originally scheduled for Friday, but the game was rescheduled on account of Paris's football playoff game against Danville.

The Paris girls almost beat the Lady Rebels last year, so this should be a real test for them. The boys lost 8 senior contributors last year and only return one starter. The boys will have only practiced about 40 minutes together before the play on Tuesday. I've heard Paris boys will have 3 starters out because of football? Just what I heard, not sure if true.

Hope everyone comes out to Coal Hill to watch high school basketball action tomorrow night (Tuesday, November 17th).

AT

The JC-Westside girls mercy ruled their 3 opponents in the classic, giving Coach McBee ample opportunity to give his bench playing time. Westside is a very experienced team with 4 seniors and a junior starting. They have 3 sophomores on the bench who had one of the best junior high seasons in the history of JC-Westside (I believe they went undefeated).

The boys return one starter as I said earlier. A quick point guard who just got done with football. The boys will have to gel quickly. They should have some good size.

AT

Girls

JC-Westside - 33
Paris - 31

Boys

Paris - 57
JC-Westside - 25

The girls game was a dandy. Both teams played some excellent defense. Neither team was hitting their three pointers either, so it made for a low scoring affair. Paris's big girl (#33) made it difficult for the Lady Rebels to score inside. Paris played a freshmen (#11) who's going to be a special ball player. She brought the Lady Eagles back into the game with her defense and scoring.

The Lady Rebels never trailed and had a 10 point lead at one point, but Paris tied it up at 22. Westside got back up 29-24, but then Paris was able to finally hit some shots including their only three pointer of the game to make it 33-31 Westside with about 38 seconds left. Westside dribbled around trying to run the clock out. Paris opted to go for the turnover instead of fouling, which worked out. They got the turnover and had the ball with about 15 seconds left to either tie or take the lead. #11 got a good look and was fouled (missed the shot). She missed her free throws and Westside got the ball out of bounds. The Lady Rebels passed it in and was able to run out the clock.

Paris can be a dangerous team if their shooters are hitting because teams will probably zone them up and pack it in so that #33 doesn't kill them. Their shooters weren't hitting tonight. Paris has also had very little practice time together because of doing so well in volleyball.

The Paris boys, who I believe are missing a few starters, did well and jumped on the Westside boys early, who have only had one day of practice. Paris looks like they will still be a good team.

BigMan15

Paris I believe has all of their starters
Hampton
Nehus
Robinson
Taylor
Atchinson
but they're missing some role players.

AT

Quote from: BigMan15 on November 17, 2015, 11:45:50 pm
Hampton
Nehus
Robinson
Taylor
Atchinson

If those are their starters, then they all played last night. Nehus and Hampton were great players.

BigMan15

AT

Quote from: BigMan15 on November 18, 2015, 07:01:26 am
do u got any stats

Boys? Not on me I don't. The Paris boys played their bench quite a bit so the scoring spread throughout the team.

AT

Next game for the Westside girls will be against Huntsville in the Van Buren tournament.

#EagleStrong

November 19, 2015, 05:12:37 pm #8 Last Edit: November 19, 2015, 05:16:14 pm by #EagleStrong
Quote from: Almatrackster on November 18, 2015, 06:24:56 am
Quote from: BigMan15 on November 17, 2015, 11:45:50 pm
Hampton
Nehus
Robinson
Taylor
Atchinson

If those are their starters, then they all played last night. Nehus and Hampton were great players.

Three football players will play significant minutes, and any of the three could work their way into the starting lineup depending on how things play out. Good chance their stud running back Nate Davidson, a freak athlete, could start at forward. Kris Graham is a good sophomore guard who can do a little of everything. Devin Rice is a really good athlete who started some his sophomore and junior years, he can really attack the basket well. Nehus and Hampton are the only ones really locked into starting spots.

AT

The Lady Rebels will play Huntsville in the Van Buren Tournament tomorrow at 4 PM. Huntsville looks to have another good team this year, beating Ozark in overtime already. This will be a very tough test for the Lady Rebels, but I think if they play well, they win.

The Rebels will be playing in the Decatur Tournament against West Fork the same day (I think 5:30 PM). This will be another very tough test for a Rebel team still trying to gel.

AT

Huntsville girls beat JC-Westside 41-40.

JC-Westside was down 32-20 going into the 4th and almost pulled off the comeback. Great 4th quarter.

AT

The Westside boys lost to West Fork last night in the Decatur tourmant 73-40.

Not sure who they play next in that one.

The Westside girls bounced back from the 1 point loss to Huntsville and beat Providence Academy 61-39.

The girls will play Little Rock Christian in the consolation final at Van Buren Saturday at 11 AM.

RATTLER43

Will you be working with athletes at Westside this spring?  If so, I'll be on the lookout.   

AT

Quote from: RATTLER43 on December 02, 2015, 09:13:56 pm
Will you be working with athletes at Westside this spring?  If so, I'll be on the lookout.

It's very possible. Have to jump through a few hoops still.

candy

candy

AT

Westside boys lost tonight to Decatur 55-31 in the Decatur tournament. Not counted as a conference game.

AT

Quote from: candy on December 02, 2015, 09:37:59 pm
Westside girls won 69-31

Quote from: candy on December 02, 2015, 09:40:32 pm
Beat Rogers Providence Acad.

This was the correct score by the way, not 61-39

candy

Westside girls beat Little rock Christian 65-40

AT

That win gave Westside fifth place in tournament. I really wish the girls could go back and play that Huntsville game over again, but they can't, so no point getting caught up with it.

I believe the next game is a conference game against Eureka Springs for both the Westside boys and girls.

AT

Just a bit of an update.

The girls have only played Eureka Springs since the last update. They won 80-29 to put them at (6-1) (1-0)

The boys have played 3 games in three days this week. They played Prairie Grove in the Green Forest tournament, Eureka Springs in a conference matchup, and Bruno-Pyatt in the Green Forest tournament and unfortunately lost all 3.

The scores were:

Prairie Grove - 55
JC-Westside - 33

Eureka Springs - 50
JC-Westside - 16

Bruno-Pyatt - 56
JC-Westside - 52

I don't know if the boys have another game in the Green Forest tournament or not, but the girls and boys will play Monday against Oark in a non conference matchup. Both teams will then play a road conference game against Decatur on Tuesday.

candy

candy

Westside girls are 7-1 1-0 in conf

candy

Beat Lamar, Lavaca, JA Fair,Paris,Rogers Providense, Little Rock Christian , E. Springs

AT

Oops forgot about the Little Rock Christian game.

AT

Westside basketball, and the Westside girls especially, will begin quite the road trip next week.

Both teams will start off with going to Oark on Monday. Tuesday, both teams will make the long trip to Decatur for their 2nd conference game.

On Friday, both teams will make the trip to Hartford for their 3rd conference matchup.

The 2nd Monday of Christmas break, the girls will play 3 games in the Russellville tournament starting off with maybe the toughest team they'll face this year in Benton. The other two games will be decided based off how the tournament goes.

On Tuesday of the new year (1/5), both teams will travel to Union Christian for a conference game. That Friday, the girls will travel to Mountainburg for another conference game.

Before finally returning home against Hackett the following Tuesday.

AT

That's going to be 8 games away from home in a row. By the time the girls play Decatur at home on 1/22/16, they will have played 14 out of 16 games on the road.

AT

Last night @ Oark, Westside girls won 68-17

The Westside boys got their first taste of victory this year with a 74-46 win over Oark.

Both teams travel tonight to Decatur for their 2nd conference game of the season.

AT

Finals from last night:

Girls

Westside - 66
Decatur - 3

I can't actually find the boys final right now but I know they lost by quite a bit.

BigLion10

Decatur really only scored 3 points?

Hornet4ever

BigLion10

Well I don't know anything about them so I guess it is they could have at least scored 10 lol

AT

The Westside Rebels and Lady Rebels went to Hartford on Friday and swept the Hustlers.

Scores:

Girls

JC-Westside - 53
Hartford - 17

Boys

JC-Westside - 65
Hartford - 60

This puts the boys at 2-7 and 1-2 in the conference.

The girls are 10-1 and 3-0 in the conference.

AT

At the Russellville tournament:

Girls

Johnson County Westside - 58
Benton - 29

Big, big win for the girls!

AT

The girls will play Little Rock Parkview tomorrow.

BigLion10

Big test for the Lady Rebels tomorrow

AT

Definitely. I thought today was a nice test for them myself, too.

SouthPa

Quote from: Almatrackster on December 28, 2015, 04:08:09 pm

Today wasn't a test.  Benton has lost 3 starters with ACL injuries this year, and their big post player who signed with Arkansas Tech quit about 2 weeks ago.  They are not even close to what they have been the last few years.  Benton won't win a game all year.  Tomorrow will be the test for JC Westside.  Parkview is athletic and one of the favorites to win the 6A South this year.

AT

Quote from: SouthPa on December 28, 2015, 07:49:34 pm
Quote from: Almatrackster on December 28, 2015, 04:08:09 pm

Today wasn't a test.  Benton has lost 3 starters with ACL injuries this year, and their big post player who signed with Arkansas Tech quit about 2 weeks ago.  They are not even close to what they have been the last few years.  Benton won't win a game all year.  Tomorrow will be the test for JC Westside.  Parkview is athletic and one of the favorites to win the 6A South this year.

JC-Westside - 50
LR Parkview - 35

Final

BigLion10

What a win for the Lady Rebels

AT

Lady Rebels play host Russellville in the finals of that tournament tonight at 7:00 PM.

AT

Russellville - 59
Lady Rebels - 45

AT

Another road conference game tonight @ Union Christian.

The girls beat Union by a score of 59 to 16. They improve to (13-2) (4-0).

The boys fell to Union by a score of 27 to 43. The fall to (2-8) (1-3)

Both teams travel to Mountainburg for another road conference game this coming Friday. @Mountainburg was JC-Westside Lady Rebel's only conference loss last year, so they are looking for some revenge.

candy

Westside beats Mt. Burg 58-32

AT

Girls' score:

Westside - 58
Mountainburg - 32

Boys' score:

Mountainburg - 66
Westside - 38

mudd puddle

I love watching these girls play!  Johnson County proud!

bighurt411

Quote from: mudd puddle on January 09, 2016, 08:28:18 pm
I love watching these girls play!  Johnson County proud!
We have a big conference game Tuesday against Hackett. They are undefeated in conference as well. Our first game at home in over a month. A huge crowd would be really awesome.

BigLion10

I'm ready to see y'all come to England next week should be a great game

Hornet4ever

Hackett girls are pumped and ready to go for tomorrow night. For sure our biggest game in conference. We'll see what happens.

rebelfootball

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas