• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

BIC @ Manila

Started by neafan0653, November 14, 2015, 05:21:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

neafan0653

bdubyab60

pioneers

If Manila eliminates transition buckets I think they will win. Manila will only have 2 practices with the full team so that is a disadvantage. Since its at Manila I give the lions a slight edge.

bdubyab60

Football is why BIC will have the edge. While football helps to make the players stronger the conditioning is completely different. If you have some depth it helps. BIC will have weeks of practice and at least 2 games under their belt.

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

biglion1985

It will be a tough one but I got my lions by 4

Mustangfans

RedWolf275

pioneers

Manila 56
Bic 41
End of 3rd

Manilas defense is just to much for bic

bdubyab60

Man I was wrong about this one unless BIC made a run.

pioneers

Manila got a little sloppy late but never felt like game was out of hand Manila won by 9 not for sure of final.

biglion1985

Final was MANILA 76 BIC 67

Head Lion

Quote from: bdubyab60 on November 14, 2015, 10:20:45 pm
Football is why BIC will have the edge. While football helps to make the players stronger the conditioning is completely different. If you have some depth it helps. BIC will have weeks of practice and at least 2 games under their belt.
Manila played 14 kids tonight, which has became of a trademark of Coach Lee, to just keep bringing waves of pressure man to man.

bdubyab60

Quote from: Head Lion on November 17, 2015, 09:18:46 pm
Manila played 14 kids tonight, which has became of a trademark of Coach Lee, to just keep bringing waves of pressure man to man.
We played 11 tonight as well. Looked really good when they share the ball. BIC is really gonna miss Pike this year looks like.

leaderofthepack10

Quote from: bdubyab60 on November 17, 2015, 09:26:47 pm
We played 11 tonight as well. Looked really good when they share the ball. BIC is really gonna miss Pike this year looks like.
Well who wouldn't miss the best player in the area from last year. We will be fine. Battled back to cut it to 4 from being down 21. Gotta remember that everyone is playing together for the first time. It will be a process for them I'm sure but they will figure it out.

biglion1985

It was a good game either way but we are young only gonna get better because we started 3 sophomores

bdubyab60

Quote from: leaderofthepack10 on November 18, 2015, 12:26:18 am
Well who wouldn't miss the best player in the area from last year. We will be fine. Battled back to cut it to 4 from being down 21. Gotta remember that everyone is playing together for the first time. It will be a process for them I'm sure but they will figure it out.
well with all the talk about the move in and the one kid still there from last year it didn't sound like BIC would drop off much. I know they will get better but they should have been able to handle a team that's only had a handful of practices with their full team is all I'm saying.

BoxNOne

Pike may have been the best player in 2a last year. I have heard BIC is down to 8-9 players. Don't know if that is true or not.

leaderofthepack10

Quote from: bdubyab60 on November 18, 2015, 06:30:28 am
Quote from: leaderofthepack10 on November 18, 2015, 12:26:18 am
well with all the talk about the move in and the one kid still there from last year it didn't sound like BIC would drop off much. I know they will get better but they should have been able to handle a team that's only had a handful of practices with their full team is all I'm saying.
Just remember how you guys started last year with the move ins and new coach. It's all a process

bdubyab60

Shouldnt be a process at a school that really only plays basketball is what Im saying. EPC usually has the slow start because of football and just jumping straight in to basketball.

RedWolf275

This depends on how many many key basketball players play football. A kid not playing football has no transition. I see Woodall was Manila's leading scorer. Does he play football?

Head Lion

Quote from: RedWolf275 on November 18, 2015, 11:23:37 am
This depends on how many many key basketball players play football. A kid not playing football has no transition. I see Woodall was Manila's leading scorer. Does he play football?
RW, do you ever have anything positive to say about the Lions? Yes, it affected us. Our starting 2 post players were FB players and probably our first guard sub off the bench. I think we gonna be ok though.

Missco

Doesn't look like FB hurt them winning their first game against a team that doesn't. Manila will be OK and succeed. They are stuck in the dark ages.

bdubyab60

When it hurts is when you don't have depth. If you 9 kids I the gym while football is going on like we did its not gonna bother you to much. Think we only have 3 that played football this year. Now if we had it the other way there is no way we would have looked as good as we did even against a team we over matched last night. Also helps if you got some talent to make up for the lack of depth of you don't have it.

I got asked a few times what was wrong with EPC while Madden was here. Crap we played football until thanksgiving and just about every kid played football. We would have literally two practices and play back to back games. Once those players got in shape we were tough to beat but we had the depth and talent to win those early games.

Seems Manila has some depth and talent this year. Guess I just expected a little more of BIC even defended them on another post after a close win.

RedWolf275

Quote from: Head Lion on November 18, 2015, 11:29:05 am
Quote from: RedWolf275 on November 18, 2015, 11:23:37 am
RW, do you ever have anything positive to say about the Lions? Yes, it affected us. Our starting 2 post players were FB players and probably our first guard sub off the bench. I think we gonna be ok though.

Now Lion, don't go getting all touchy on me. I was just stating that just because a school has football doesn't necessarily mean that there is a big transition to basketball. If all the key players don't play football then there is basically is no transition. Your post players do play football so that is definetely a transition. Sounds like Manila will be much better than BIC once these football guys play a while. As for nothing positive about Manila, you say plenty for both of us LOL. Good luck to you and the Lions!!

biglion1985

See HL he said something positive he wished us luck lol :-D

neafan0653

I feel like BIC was the better team but they didn't decide to play until the 4th quarter when they actually looked like they had some life in them.

Head Lion

What game were you watching? They literally couldnt score when we were allowed to guard them. I will admit, they are tons the best at flop acting I have ever seen.

bdubyab60

LA Clippers of high school basketball

RedWolf275

I was wondering if the flopping was still a part of the BIC game plan. From the few games I saw last year, the refs bought into it quite a bit.

leaderofthepack10

All I know is that these 2 play again later in the year and the game will be totally different. Not saying who is going to win it but there will be a much better flow and both teams will be better at that point.

bdubyab60

If its at BIC I bet it will be a lot different. Enough charges will be called in there to bankrupt a country.

Head Lion

Quote from: bdubyab60 on November 19, 2015, 11:23:16 am
If its at BIC I bet it will be a lot different. Enough charges will be called in there to bankrupt a country.
+1

MikelB

Quote from: Head Lion on November 18, 2015, 06:11:16 pm
What game were you watching? They literally couldnt score when we were allowed to guard them. I will admit, they are tons the best at flop acting I have ever seen.

+++  ;D

Neafan12

BIC looked rough last two games, don't expect it to last Taylor always has a squad expect this matchup to be very different in February! Cobb kid is one of the best in NEA when he's on!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas