• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Earle

Started by WPWells, November 10, 2015, 07:31:04 am

Previous topic - Next topic

WPWells

How many world championships do y'all have?

Ventman

WPWells

Is anyone going to answer my question?

Pit Bull

Pit Bull

74, 80, 85, 00, 08, 10, 12, current coach has the last 3....

ISU7

Quote from: Pit Bull on November 18, 2015, 08:24:59 am
The one in 80 was against us Luxora, in Beebe. I'm  thinking only  the last 3 are actually 3A. But they all count. 8)

RedWolf275

Has Earle played any games yet? They were done with football much earlier than usual.

Head Lion

Quote from: ISU7 on November 18, 2015, 08:32:39 am
Quote from: Pit Bull on November 18, 2015, 08:24:59 am
The one in 80 was against us Luxora, in Beebe. I'm  thinking only  the last 3 are actually 3A. But they all count. 8)
Randy Porter was on that 80s team wasn't he? Man he could play!

Pit Bull

80 I just think that Earle had Tony Moore, Tab Bergus and Terry Black, with several other role players plus Otis Barker...

Head Lion

Pit, Porter played for Luxora. I was a freshman & remember him dunking 6 times in Sr hi game.

Pit Bull

Those were the days when having a Big Man meant something.... We had Post Men, it's like a lost science... When I see a post player now that can feel a defender on his back, dip his shoulder and make a move I be like wow...

ISU7

Yup. My classmate and family. Randy Porter was our best player. He was a 6'2" Guard. Set a NEA tournament record with 7 dunks in a game vs Leachville Lions, with Kyle Roe and Tim Scott.

ISU7

Quote from: Pit Bull on November 18, 2015, 10:18:58 pm
Those were the days when having a Big Man meant something.... We had Post Men, it's like a lost science... When I see a post player now that can feel a defender on his back, dip his shoulder and make a move I be like wow...
Pit Earle had a player they called Bee bop,  I think his real name was Kenneth Thompson, he could leap out the gym.  He killed us. (Luxora)

Pit Bull

Bee Bop was from that 84-85 Team....

Paperman

So Pit Bull how good are the Bulldogs going to be this year! A lot of talent assembled, should win the 3!

Pit Bull

Well they are still missing a few key players, I think they need to separate the varsity and JV, they should still have a 12 man strong roster... EPC is loaded also but I things will be a little 2 much for most teams that they will see, after West Memphis I'll know more....

Head Lion

Quote from: Pit Bull on November 20, 2015, 03:37:53 pm
Bee Bop was from that 84-85 Team....
I coached Kenneth BEBOP Thompson at MCCC, great young man. Pit, best of luck to Coach Murray and the Doggs this year.

bdubyab60

Quote from: Pit Bull on November 21, 2015, 09:13:20 am
Well they are still missing a few key players, I think they need to separate the varsity and JV, they should still have a 12 man strong roster... EPC is loaded also but I things will be a little 2 much for most teams that they will see, after West Memphis I'll know more....
Should be some exciting games this year Pit. I'd expect someone from the 3 to make a run this year. May not win it but should be a tough out

Pit Bull

Yea we should have some really good battles this year in the conference...

Mr. Trill

2008 was 2A, 10 and 12 was 3A

Hornet4ever

Quote from: Mr. Trill on November 22, 2015, 11:22:08 pm
2008 was 2A, 10 and 12 was 3A

2008 you guys beat my Hornets in the final round before state......  :-X

Mr. Trill

Hornet4ever

Pit Bull

Marked Tree got the 30 piece mixed

BoxNOne

Earle basketball has benefited from the early end of the season for Earle football. The Bulldogs are usually just getting started in basketball and usually are struggling about now. Not this year, the Bulldogs are rolling big time and should be ranked #1 in 2A.

Head Lion

Bring on the Dogs!💪🏼💪🏼

Pit Bull

That was part of the problem with the Football Team post season let down, the BBall team played a game that week and our BBall players were on the Football Team caught a fever because they knew how loaded they would be on the hardwood. Next year the football coach needs to limit the group to as few BBall players as possible in key positions... Our last deep run in state when we entered the playoffs as a 5 seed was limited with BBall players, I remember being at one of their practices on a cold rainy night and inside the gym Earle and Hughes were about to square up, those football players had no concern about what was going on inside that gym because they were true gridiron workers... Anyway, this team is tough and they have been giving teams the blues in big numbers already...

NEark tigers

Quote from: Head Lion on December 02, 2015, 07:56:19 am
Bring on the Dogs!💪🏼💪🏼
Just schedule us!!!....

Head Lion

Quote from: NEark tigers on December 02, 2015, 09:42:45 am
Quote from: Head Lion on December 02, 2015, 07:56:19 am
Bring on the Dogs!💪🏼💪🏼
Just schedule us!!!....
Honestly spoke with Coach yesterday and are going to look at getting with Coach Murray and renewing the series. Maybe like a featured Saturday night game, we are young and have some talent in the pipeline and I know the Dogs have the Gun loaded for a while. It would be great to get it going again. Playing Earle has always made our kids better and tougher and that is what you need for postseason. NEArk best of luck to the Dogs, if my lil ones are not playing Saturday night in a tournament will try to make it to Monette to catch yall live and in person.

Dogg

December 02, 2015, 03:04:41 pm #29 Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 01:06:47 pm by Dogg
Cant wait to see  Murray unleash that press and turn that heat up to about 85 in the gym. Somebody is going to blow a gasket!

Head Lion

Saturday's game vs BIC is at Earle?

Dogg

biglion1985

I am gonna say dogs by 15

Pit Bull

Dropped a 14 piece on BIC 2nite

biglion1985

I almost had the point difference

neafan0653

That was a good game to watch. BIC made good runs but couldn't pull it out

Pit Bull

38 piece with sides at Riverside

Head Lion

Better not schedule the Lions, be lucky to get out with a snack pack. Don't want any of the Jr Cubs either!

NEark tigers

Quote from: Head Lion on December 09, 2015, 10:33:42 pm
Better not schedule the Lions, be lucky to get out with a snack pack. Don't want any of the Jr Cubs either!

We gave out a 26 piece stonecold state special in 2010.....72-46

biglion1985

The problem with that team was that each one of them wanted to be the hero and this team wants to play team ball you can't win a big game especially against an excellent team like earle with the players arguing all the time you gotta play as a team and I was at that game also :-D

Mr. Trill

Nice, shots fired!!! Lol good one NeArk

Pit Bull

How about we send our Jr. Bullpups Squad up to play Sr. Lions, that might turn into a even match... Popeyes 10 piece with Redbeans and Rice...

Head Lion

Quote from: Pit Bull on December 10, 2015, 05:31:39 am

How about we send our Jr. Bullpups Squad up to play Sr. Lions, that might turn into a even match... Popeyes 10 piece with Redbeans and Rice...
Pit, y'all dang sure don't want any of Jr Lions. Y'all would get your feelings hurt, the pipeline is loaded!

Mr. Trill

What Earle and riverside sr. Boys final score?

Pit Bull

48 piece up at Rivercrest tonight, they still got football legs tho...

ISU7

Quote from: Pit Bull on December 17, 2015, 11:01:22 pm
48 piece up at Rivercrest tonight, they still got football legs tho...
Still no excuse for the way they played Pit. Plus Earle has a lethal team full of thoroughbreds. 8)

Pit Bull

Yea and Bohanan will join the team soon, tough to beat for sure...

NEark tigers

A little word on the street is that Mr. Bohannon could make his season premiere tonight against EPC...

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas