• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

WBC tourney boys

Started by NEAscout100, November 05, 2015, 05:53:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

NEAscout100

Ballfan1

The seeds and brackets are out on their website, I think they put them up yesterday afternoon.

NEAscout100

Thank you. What does everybody think about the seedlings in both sides?

RedWolf275

I thought Bay boys were in this last year?

NEAscout100

They were last year, but I guess not this year. I don't know why though.

HorseFeathers

HorseFeathers

Quote from: RedWolf275 on November 07, 2015, 12:17:01 pm
I thought Bay boys were in this last year?

They were...Colton Watson tied the mark for 3rd highest point total in WBC Tournament Single Game history with 41...he owns the record at 45 from the previous year

Silky Johnson

November 07, 2015, 11:52:40 pm #7 Last Edit: November 07, 2015, 11:59:31 pm by Silky Johnson
Bay opted out to play in the Barry Pruitt Classic @ Jonesboro high school. I think they may be matched up with Valley View in the first round. Also I heard that Pocahontas best shooter from last years team ,Corey Kasczmarski, had a shoulder injury over the summer and won't be playing for his senior year but things may have changed since this summer.

NEAscout100

Sloan killed Westside by 25 over the summer. Rico and 2 good Garuds were there for the Warriors. Not sure if they had everybody or not. But anything on Riverside? And Walnut Ridge is returning all 5 there gonna be good, but don't count out the Bulldogs or Rector at making a run into the semis

NeaBaller21

Riverside has a solid team. A lot of shooters and deep off the bench. One kid came of the bench and scored in the high 20s in a game so they are dangerous on the bench as well. And if you leave the Stone kid open you're gonna have a long night.

RedWolf275

This tournament kicks off today.

skins68

Quote from: Silky Johnson on November 07, 2015, 11:52:40 pm
Bay opted out to play in the Barry Pruitt Classic @ Jonesboro high school. I think they may be matched up with Valley View in the first round. Also I heard that Pocahontas best shooter from last years team ,Corey Kasczmarski, had a shoulder injury over the summer and won't be playing for his senior year but things may have changed since this summer.
yes! It could be a very long season with Corey out!! He was deadly from 3point range! They will probably have 3 football players in there starting lineup, which could be very ugly early in the season!! They probably should not be ranked 3rd in this tourney!!

NEAscout100

Sloan will play Riverside Monday night @8 any thoughts and predictions?

BoxNOne

Saturday scores 11-27

Boys
Sloan Hendrix 70 Hillcrest 42
Marmaduke 43 Viola 27
Corning 52 Rector 42

Girls
Maynard 71 Walnut Ridge 64
Tuckerman 66 Hillcrest 27
Corning 61 Westside 39
Sloan Hendrix 45 Viola 29

BoxNOne

November 30, 2015, 08:57:51 am #14 Last Edit: November 30, 2015, 09:05:03 am by BoxNOne
Quote from: NEAscout100 on November 28, 2015, 10:29:17 pm

Good matchup I would say. Sloan appears to be a top three team in 2a-2 while Riverside is probably a 3-6 team in 2a-3. Both have good guards and like to press so it should be an entertaining game.

NeaBaller21

Quote from: NEAscout100 on November 28, 2015, 10:29:17 pm
Should be a good game , but I think Riverside wins this one.

NeaBaller21

Westside up on Marmaduke 25-23 at half

Thechosen1

Riverside wins this one by 15 or more

Thechosen1

NeaBaller21

Riverside won 60-56. If Riverside hits free throws they win by 10 or 12. But nonetheless good game. Came down to the last 2 minutes.

NEAscout100

Reall good game, Sloan plays better defense and no turnovers, and Riverside hits free throws maybe be even one that goes into OT!

NeaBaller21

Any updates from lastnight?

BoxNOne

Boys
Tuckerman 55 Pocahontas 47
Walnut Ridge 69 Corning 62

Girls
Pocahontas 48 Batesville Southside 18

NeaBaller21

So Tuckerman vs Walnut Ridge
and Riverside vs Westside tonight. Any predictions?

Thechosen1

Walnut ridge and Westside both in class ones

Silky Johnson

Josh Bateman has already made Tuckerman a solid program in a few short years. Maybe they aren't an eye catching team but it is far cry from when the Bulldogs were getting drilled twice a week.

BICMUSTANG4LIFE

Quote from: Silky Johnson on December 03, 2015, 09:15:27 am
Josh Bateman has already made Tuckerman a solid program in a few short years. Maybe they aren't an eye catching team but it is far cry from when the Bulldogs were getting drilled twice a week.

He has the program heading in the right direction for sure. I saw them in the regional last year. they have a lot of fight in them.

Ballfan1

Tuckerman has gotten better and they are only losing 2 or 3 Seniors and from what I've seen they have a lot of talent on the bench.

RedWolf275

I'll go with Walnut Ridge and Westside to advance.

Thechosen1

Tuckerman is much improved and play with a lot of toughness. Bateman is a great coach and I think the game tonight goes down to who has the ball last and I think walnut ridge will pull away and win by 2

NEAscout100

I'm gonna go with Westside by 10 and idk about Tuckerman and WR it'll be a good game..

NeaBaller21

Walnut Ridge beat Tuckerman. And Westide beat Riverside by 15 or 16. Riverside dug their selves a big hole the first half down the 16 I believe. Then cut it down to 6 in the late 3rd early 4th quarter. And from there Riverside folded.

NEAscout100

Ridge beat Tuckerman by 3 I believe. Crisler went out the first quater with a shoulder injury and didn't return.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas