• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2A girls 2015 - 2016

Started by bighurt411, October 24, 2015, 02:14:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bighurt411

BigLion10

MSHS FAn

Mineral Springs and Spring Hill will both be good

Basketballfan21

Carlisle girls should make some noise

Bildo

Carlisle girls will be better than last year, if they can stay healthy. No doubt England, I think, is the favorite. The season is long and anything can happen once the State Tournament comes around.

thabeast428

Junction city girls surprise a bunch of people this year, hadn't been able to say that in a very very long time

AT

I believe JC-Westside girls and England girls play an early non conference matchup.

BigLion10

They do in England on the 23rd I believe

groundgame

Westside girls vs England girls has been moved to December due to football playoffs.

BigLion10

JustaFan

When and where did the England vs. Westside game get moved to?

groundgame

Hasn't been moved yet, only will if either team gets to 3rd rd of playoffs, The new date would be Jan. 21st at England girls tipoff at 4:30. Again, only if needed to be moved.

bighurt411

Quote from: groundgame on October 27, 2015, 12:28:55 pm
Hasn't been moved yet, only will if either team gets to 3rd rd of playoffs, The new date would be Jan. 21st at England girls tipoff at 4:30. Again, only if needed to be moved.
Are you a rebel fan?

JJYahoo

Quote from: Basketballfan21 on October 24, 2015, 05:16:56 pm

Has Carlisle girls been relevant since they won the two state championships?  I have heard good things about that they might be on the verge of some kind of run in the next couple of years.  Any truth to this?

Bildo

October 29, 2015, 10:37:05 am #14 Last Edit: October 29, 2015, 01:01:39 pm by Bildo
Time will tell, but they have the potential to surprise some folks. Returning all starters from a year ago, having only one senior this year, and a very good Jr High program would lead me to believe that they should be much better. Of course I am some what biased due to the fact that I have a player on that team. With that said, I have seen MUCH improvement. Coach is doing a great job and the ladies are working very hard.

JJYahoo

sounds like a good thing going there....I don't even know who their coach is.  Does he/she do a solid job?

Bildo

Jonathon Buffalo, he has been there a few years now. Puts in a lot of time

JJYahoo

oh ok....usually if you put in a lot of time and effort then you do a good job.  The name sounds familiar.

Bildo

Their first two games will be a good indication as to where they stand.

bighurt411

Quote from: Almatrackster on October 25, 2015, 10:37:11 pm
I believe JC-Westside girls and England girls play an early non conference matchup.
Should be an outstanding game for early in the season. Two final four teams from last year with several starters returning.

BrianfromCarlisle

Quote from: JJYahoo on October 29, 2015, 10:11:51 am
Quote from: Basketballfan21 on October 24, 2015, 05:16:56 pm

Has Carlisle girls been relevant since they won the two state championships?  I have heard good things about that they might be on the verge of some kind of run in the next couple of years.  Any truth to this?
He didn't too good of a job with the 2014 class.  Those girls had a lot of talent that was squandered over their careers.  With that being said, I believe he may have realized that. Because he has been doing a much better job with the current group. Carlisle is poised for a nice run over the next several years. And that is in no small part to Buffalo.

hogfan32

Spring Hill And Mineral Springs will have good teams this year

groundgame

any girls scores yet from non football schools.

lionfan59

England is going to be strong again. Returning slot of starters both boys are girls.  Plus going to have a some nice sophomores that will have a chance to make a hughe impact.  Would not be surprised if both teams make it back to the summit.

BigLion10

The freshman girl will probably be the best player on the floor she is gonna be a real baller 59

Bildo

The Carlisle Lady Bison beat Jacksonville and lose to Stlvan Hills this morning at the JA Fair Jamboree

BigLion10

Congrats to the lady bison we have our benefit Tuesday against EPC at home

Yak

England is a front runner, both boys and girls. The 5AA is tough in girls, I think Mountain Pine returns everyone from a state tourney team last year, Magnet Cove has 4 returning starters that are seniors, and Poyen has tradition and a coach, and are big!

Bildo

Tough conference for sure. Carlisle gets to test the waters against Poyen this month

BigLion10

Is Carlisle in the robinson tournament bildo?

BigLion10

Looks like england and Carlisle both are in the lonoke tourney. Maybe we will meet up during that

Bildo

No. The only tournaments they play in is Conway Christian and the Goldfish Classic

BrianfromCarlisle

Goldfish classic is Lonoke Bildo

Bildo

November 08, 2015, 08:57:44 pm #33 Last Edit: November 08, 2015, 09:00:09 pm by Bildo
Sorry, I was replying to the Robinson tourney. Y'all are quicker to respond than I am

Bildo

Believe me. I'm not looking forward to a possible matchup against the Lady Lions in Lonoke or anywhere else. You all have a great squad. We're still a little wet behind the ears!

BigLion10

Thanks I expect to yall to make a lot of noise yourselves this year

Bildo

Looks like a bright future for our young basketball programs for Carlisle after watching them play England last night!!

keohog

Quote from: Bildo on November 13, 2015, 11:23:38 am
Looks like a bright future for our young basketball programs for Carlisle after watching them play England last night!!
It's funny how they will play our Jr. High Girls but won't play our Boys teams.

Bildo

I don't schedule the games, just watch them. I'm sure they aren't scared to play anyone, honestly.

BigLion10

Folks seem to forget out best junior high player is starting on the senior team as a freshman and scored 28 in her debut the other night

Bildo

I understand that, our best Jr high player played on the senior high team last year also.

keohog

Quote from: Bildo on November 13, 2015, 01:25:10 pm
I don't schedule the games, just watch them. I'm sure they aren't scared to play anyone, honestly.
I didn't say anything about being scared , but if they are not then they would play us.

BigLion10

I'm not too worried about it our Jr girls never really win district until they get on the Sr high level. They win plenty then

Bildo

Y'all have a great program, I think we are building one also.

BigLion10

Thanks, yall should be solid for the next year's coming

BrianfromCarlisle

Quote from: keohog on November 13, 2015, 12:14:27 pm
Why is it funny?  I don't really recall England and Carlisle boys playing each other much. I'm sure it has a lot to do with returning games from previous years.  Stuff like that.

Cheek

Quote from: BrianfromCarlisle on November 13, 2015, 03:30:30 pm
Quote from: keohog on November 13, 2015, 12:14:27 pm
Why is it funny?  I don't really recall England and Carlisle boys playing each other much. I'm sure it has a lot to do with returning games from previous years.  Stuff like that.

Brian, they would not schedule the boys basketball or boys football.   Both Coaches flat out stated they would not schedule England.  I know it stinks, and you want to believe everything but the truth, but deal with it.   

BrianfromCarlisle

There you go again Cheek!  Quit assuming you know a thing about what I'm thinking. I just made a statement. I don't care who they schedule or why. I don't think Lowery dodged England by any means. As you are so obviously inferring. I simply said it may due to previous obligations in basketball.

BrianfromCarlisle

And do not think for one second that the jr boys wouldn't be a good game. It would be great to watch

Basketballfan21

Carlisle Sr.girls will challenge England! Should be a good one.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas