• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

7-2a

Started by ghjoe, October 08, 2015, 10:00:38 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ghjoe

Who are the favorites this year for girls and boys?

anonymousbballviewer07

How is Blevins this season?

BigLion10

Mineral Springs are the favorites in both imo

#1Rattlerfan

We got a new coach this year and we have some good athletes. I think Murfreesboro has a good chance to win the conference this year.

fleaflicker24

Anyone know who may be some up and coming Sophomore's for this conference?

hawgfan15

Quote from: anonymousbballviewer07 on October 09, 2015, 08:08:44 am
How is Blevins this season?

Blevins will be very good this year. Better than last years team for sure. Two of thei better players tore their ACL's early last season and they are both back fully healthy this season. The best player on the team is 4th year starting PG Trevon Reed. The senior class as a whole is very strong. They have to be the favorites IMO with Mineral Springs a close 2nd.

Murfreesboro? lol No way...

bbfan89

Riverside girls and EPC boys will both be much improved. The ladies at Riverside will be better this year but 3A better look out next year as there will be a lot of great talent move up to SR high to go along with some very talented sophomore and juniors.  Nobody will out work Hoffman. He has the support of the community and throw in that he brought along two very talented daughters and there should be a bunch of wins in Riversides future.  EPC boys have two very good additions and improved depth to go along with X Reed and a number of other experienced players. It could be another big  year in LA. BIC will be good. Earle boys are crazy athletic, MT could beat anyone on a given night, and there is a good chance that four boys teams out of this conference will stand a good chance to sweep the regionals. I can't wait for this hoop season to start.   

BigLion10

Quote from: bbfan89 on October 16, 2015, 05:44:19 pm
Riverside girls and EPC boys will both be much improved. The ladies at Riverside will be better this year but 3A better look out next year as there will be a lot of great talent move up to SR high to go along with some very talented sophomore and juniors.  Nobody will out work Hoffman. He has the support of the community and throw in that he brought along two very talented daughters and there should be a bunch of wins in Riversides future.  EPC boys have two very good additions and improved depth to go along with X Reed and a number of other experienced players. It could be another big  year in LA. BIC will be good. Earle boys are crazy athletic, MT could beat anyone on a given night, and there is a good chance that four boys teams out of this conference will stand a good chance to sweep the regionals. I can't wait for this hoop season to start.
read the thread topic before you post lol

ghjoe

How has Blevins played this year?

sixthman

Quote from: ghjoe on November 04, 2015, 12:37:39 pm
How has Blevins played this year?

I heard they beat Kirby by 20 or so. That's all I've heard about them, but will get a first hand look tomorrow night.

Ice Water

Who and where do they play tomorrow?

sixthman

Blevins beat Umpire as badly as they wanted to. Not that it would have made much of a difference, but Umpire was missing their leading scorer.

My report on Blevins; good team speed, great outside shooting, and execptional passing by the point gaurd. They are small, though, and think a good defensive team with size could handle them.

hawgfan15

Quote from: sixthman on November 06, 2015, 05:06:15 pm
Blevins beat Umpire as badly as they wanted to. Not that it would have made much of a difference, but Umpire was missing their leading scorer.

My report on Blevins; good team speed, great outside shooting, and execptional passing by the point gaurd. They are small, though, and think a good defensive team with size could handle them.

I think your analysis is pretty spot on. Blevins has 3 kids (Gomez, Henson, Yingst) who can really shoot the basketball. The other night against Acorn the PG Reed was lighting it up from outside. They are going to live and die by the 3 this year. They are not a very big team but I feel like they will have enough inside to compete with just about anyone. A true low post scorer will give them some problems. This senior group has won a lot of basketball games over the last 6 years and are very well coached. Very disciplined.

HORNET-MAN

Quote from: hawgfan15 on November 13, 2015, 12:32:51 am
Quote from: sixthman on November 06, 2015, 05:06:15 pm

I think your analysis is pretty spot on. Blevins has 3 kids (Gomez, Henson, Yingst) who can really shoot the basketball. The other night against Acorn the PG Reed was lighting it up from outside. They are going to live and die by the 3 this year. They are not a very big team but I feel like they will have enough inside to compete with just about anyone. A true low post scorer will give them some problems. This senior group has won a lot of basketball games over the last 6 years and are very well coached. Very disciplined.
Sound like its gone be a great match up when They play Mineral (Davis) is a load to handle inside or outside.

#1Rattlerfan

First game of the season coming up Friday for the Rattlers. Ready to go beat the Oden Timberwolves! Come out and watch the favorite to win the boys 7-2a west play. Fang 'em Rattlers!!!!!

hogfan32

Murfreesboro is the favorite to win the west....? In boys....?  ???

MSHS FAn

Quote from: hogfan32 on December 01, 2015, 11:28:39 am
Murfreesboro is the favorite to win the west....? In boys....?  ???
To the people in Murfreesboro they are the favorites.

hogfan32

Lol I guess cause they revamped their gym they assume their teams will be that much improved  ;D mineral boys or spring hill/ mineral girls should win conference

The_Devils_Advocate

Quote from: #1Rattlerfan on November 30, 2015, 05:06:02 pm
First game of the season coming up Friday for the Rattlers. Ready to go beat the Oden Timberwolves! Come out and watch the favorite to win the boys 7-2a west play. Fang 'em Rattlers!!!!!

Score?

Cheek

Quote from: hogfan32 on December 05, 2015, 08:00:05 am
Lol I guess cause they revamped their gym they assume their teams will be that much improved  ;D mineral boys or spring hill/ mineral girls should win conference

What about Foreman girls.  They were very good last year.

hogfan32

Idk what they're coaching at Murfreesboro, but those were the most unsportsmanlike & dirty playing girls I've ever watched. All besides number 24 who scored 26 of their 31 points against SH. They could be a decent team if they didn't get hacked and play out of control onnce they face adversity. Even worse when you see Parents encouraging their child to foul and injure another player. Intensity is one thing, but what the Murfreesboro girls did Thursday night was out of control. Take your butt kickin' like a champ and do better next time.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas