• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4-2A West boys

Started by MICHAELSPAPPY, October 02, 2015, 07:43:32 am

Previous topic - Next topic

MICHAELSPAPPY

October 02, 2015, 07:43:32 am Last Edit: October 07, 2015, 07:21:15 pm by HF
Magazine is going into the season with more optimism than I have seen in a long time. They finished strongly last season, and lost only a few key players.

Hustler_Pride

Eureka boys will be stacked again. They return most of their team. Hartford will be good, also watch for UCA.

Madmax

Magazine did come on strong at the end of last season for sure.  Eureka only lost one starter from last season, and they have a junior transfer from Berryville stepping into that position with no drop-off in talent.  In addition they'll have more depth this season. Not as familiar with how Hartford or Hackett will look this season.  JC Westside and Decatur will likely be down this season because they were both senior laden teams last year.  UCA will be pretty strong, they have that one kid who shoots lights-out.  I'm assuming Mountainburg will look better this season, I think they were a pretty young team last season if I'm not mistaken.  Just from what I know I would say Eureka and Magazine would be favorites to take the conference this year.

Hustler_Pride

October 06, 2015, 08:11:28 pm #3 Last Edit: October 06, 2015, 08:14:05 pm by Hustler_Pride
Hackett will be bringing in some pretty good 10th graders but they will be down. Hartford only has 2 seniors with a majority of their players seeing playing time last year. Definitely could be a sleeper in the conference.

Hornet4ever

I think Hackett will be better this year then last to be honest. New coach (finally) and optimism is high right now. Starting center is back, 6'3 or so. Played well last year, look for him to step up and take over as a leader.

RATTLER43

Should be optimistic.   Our senior boys were District Champions in 2012, 2013, then runner-up in 2015. Our junior boys were champions the past two years and runner-up the year before that.   But none of that will win a title this year.  Talent, hard work, and effort plus execution will.  I think we will make a run at the title. But titles must be earned.  Looking forward to a great season. 

MICHAELSPAPPY

rebelfootball

J.C Westside has one player returning and he is  the point gaurd.

Hornet4ever

Going to be different without Hartford in the mix. Believe they are moving down to 1A ball.

groundgame

Hartford doesn't move down til next year

Hornet4ever

Quote from: groundgame on November 03, 2015, 09:13:17 am
Hartford doesn't move down til next year

Ah, I see. I'm sorry I was misinformed.

Hustler_Pride

Hartford is still 2A until next year. We are playing the extra games that the non football schools get. They are looking promising even though they are still missing two game changing guards.

Hornet4ever

Quote from: Hustler_Pride on November 04, 2015, 09:44:05 am
Hartford is still 2A until next year. We are playing the extra games that the non football schools get. They are looking promising even though they are still missing two game changing guards.

I figure Hartford will still be fairly good. Usually always pretty good in basketball.

rebelfootball

They were horrible last year.. We mercy ruled them both times

Hornet4ever

Quote from: rebelfootball on November 07, 2015, 12:59:07 pm
They were horrible last year.. We mercy ruled them both times

Usually pretty good. Must've had a down year.

alaskanstorm

Quote from: RATTLER43 on October 17, 2015, 11:32:53 pm
Should be optimistic.   Our senior boys were District Champions in 2012, 2013, then runner-up in 2015. Our junior boys were champions the past two years and runner-up the year before that.   But none of that will win a title this year.  Talent, hard work, and effort plus execution will.  I think we will make a run at the title. But titles must be earned.  Looking forward to a great season. 
This explains the last two football seasons.  As punishment y'all should have to delay the start of basketball season, if you can bring yourself to call it a season, to the first week of December.

Hustler_Pride

Hartford boys were never mercy ruled last year. The girls got mercy ruled a few times. Boys went 14-13 last year and are returned 2 of their top 3 scorers.

future_coach®

Quote from: Hustler_Pride on November 08, 2015, 02:29:18 pm
Hartford boys were never mercy ruled last year. The girls got mercy ruled a few times. Boys went 14-13 last year and are returned 2 of their top 3 scorers.

Never? Hartford boys lost at Eureka 75-41. The other 2 games weren't within 20 either...

MICHAELSPAPPY

I saw Magazine's intersquad game tonight. Miles ahead of where they were at this point last year. Much more depth. A couple of bona fide shooters.

Hornet4ever

Hackett senior high boys won last night at Cedarville. This is also without 3 starters I believe.. New coach seems to be doing well. Really blending with the kids, that's what we needed. Former coach was a little tough and didn't do well here.

MICHAELSPAPPY

I saw all four Magazine teams against WYC last night. Both senior teams appear to be ahead of where they were last year. Girls' inside game is really impressive. However, they lost one of their starting guards to an ACL, so that will hurt. The boys are miles ahead of where they were at this point last season (when they were absolutely terrible). They have some shooters, and the main thing is they are not turning the ball over 120 times a game.

MICHAELSPAPPY

Magazine decided they would piddle around for a quarter before they started playing, and spotted Lavaca 10 points, then lost in a close one. Threw this one away.

Prouddragondad

Well mtburg finally got there football boys on the team now and play cedarville tomorrow. I believe the boys will take this one. Burg looks to have a good team this year with 3 starters back plus getting a kid back that had to sit out all last year with knee injury and a good group of sophomores that moved up. Should be able to go about 9 to 10 deep.

Hornet4ever

Hackett now has all football boys. Looking to have a break out year... New coach, new aspirations, and better atmosphere. First game with full roster tomorrow against Booneville. We shall see! GO HORNETS

Hornet4ever

Hackett boys lost to Booneville tonight. Booneville isn't all that, but boy they don't miss one free throw and do not miss their threes. Hackett has some work to do, first game with full players though. Lots of season left.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas