• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

6-2A

Started by Ventman, September 02, 2015, 04:44:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Ventman

Who are the favorites this year for girls and boys?

JJYahoo

Girls Top 3
Carlisle
Clarendon
Hazen

BrianfromCarlisle

Boys top 4 should be

Clarendon
Brinkley
Kipp Delta
Carlisle

BrianfromCarlisle

jbtiger73

BrianfromCarlisle

Yeah. I think they build off of last year.  Coach Perry has the girls playing hard for him.  And they have some talent.

BigLion10

Clarendon had some talent in girls last year could build on it as brian said

BrianfromCarlisle

The girl that moved up at the end of last season can play. 

BigLion10

Yes she can can jump too

BigLion10

If Carlisle can get some help for the sophomore sensation they will be a top team imo

mustang12

They only won 4 games last year and lost their best player. Don't sleep on Marvell or Augusta. We still have some weapons.

BigLion10

Who lost there best player?

mustang12

Carlisle. It was the big post

BrianfromCarlisle

BrianfromCarlisle

September 03, 2015, 09:54:53 pm #14 Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 09:56:54 pm by BrianfromCarlisle
They have talent. And the new coach will bring out the best in them. There was too much I in last years team.  That won't be the case this year.  Just suffice it to say that this team will surprise with just how good they can be.

BigLion10

mustang12

Augusta still has size plus the 6'8" kid. They also move up a very good point guard. Don't understand how you keep them out of the top 4?

BrianfromCarlisle

They didn't play as a team last year.  They don't utilize the big guy at all.  Unless that changes, no reason to do so. 

BigLion10

The big kid didn't impress me hardly at all the times I saw him play

BrianfromCarlisle

mustang12

Didn't they finish 3rd last year and get to the 2nd round of state??? Impressive if they didn't play team ball.

BrianfromCarlisle

Imagine if they would've used the big man.

Bildo

Carlisle girls won the conference last year and are not losing a starter. I would think it is theirs to lose. Clarendon has talent and is well coached. If they stay on the roll from last year they can definitely contend. Carlisle, like last year, again has only one senior this year. They were very young last year and will show improvement.

BigLion10

Tell the phenom girl at Carlisle she is always welcome to come compete for a title at England :D just messin with u brian u comin over to the game tonight?

BrianfromCarlisle

September 04, 2015, 02:29:48 pm #24 Last Edit: September 04, 2015, 04:10:06 pm by BrianfromCarlisle
I will be there.  And she is just fine in Carlisle,thank you very much!!!  Lol

BigLion10

Lol I hear ya man. We have a freshman this year who could possibly be as good as the twins were but we'll have to see

Bildo

The sophomore from Carlisle says she is allergic to purple. lol😅😅

BigLion10

That's a shame lol

MomaLion

Quote from: jbtiger73 on September 03, 2015, 08:17:58 pm
Clarendon girls????
You better believe it, our girls are really good with the addition of JT who holds numerous track state titles as a 9th grader and can dunk.

MomaLion

Quote from: mustang12 on September 03, 2015, 10:16:51 pm
Augusta still has size plus the 6'8" kid. They also move up a very good point guard. Don't understand how you keep them out of the top 4?
The big guy plays too soft.

MomaLion

Quote from: mustang12 on September 04, 2015, 06:42:00 am
Didn't they finish 3rd last year and get to the 2nd round of state??? Impressive if they didn't play team ball.
They have athletes and that will always help, but when they come against a disciplined team, they go down.

Silky Johnson

When Bay routed Augusta last year at the NEA they were giving the big guy the ball but you didn't really have to guard anyone else. They had some decent guard play but not much exceptional shooting.

Bildo

The Lady Bison also have players moving up from Jr. High that played on last year's undefeated Conference and District Tournament Championship team that will provide some added depth and scoring. They have 4 All-Conference and 1 All-State players returning. Should be a great season...

BrianfromCarlisle

One thing is for sure Bildo, there will be competition this season, which should greatly benefit teams heading into postseason. In years past, the lack of real competition in conference has hurt the Lady Bison come postseason.

Bildo

Agreed, and by looking at the restructuring of the regular season next year... We are gonna have our share of really good teams.

BigLion10

I keep telling yall you're best player will be wearing purple in the coming year. Just messing with ya brian

Bildo

You're a hoot!!  She just looks better in black and gold

BigLion10

Gotta pass during the week sometime lol. Hopefully we meet up sometime in the year with each other

BrianfromCarlisle

I was able to confirm that she actually IS allergic to purple.  So, for obvious health reasons, she will be staying in Carlisle! 

BigLion10

Well darn guess I'll be up crying myself to sleep all night :D Good Luck to the lady bison this upcoming year

BrianfromCarlisle

Same to the purple lions!!

Bildo

September 09, 2015, 06:50:47 am #41 Last Edit: September 09, 2015, 03:47:32 pm by Bildo
Ditto, good luck! We're going to need a little more luck than yall. England returns some very good talent and has a proven track record

JJYahoo

I say Carlisle Lady Bison make the state tournament this year and after you get there you never know what could happen.

mustang12

I agree with that. Lady Bison finally break through and make some noise in state. With all that talent it would be disappointing if they didn't.

Bildo

Their first two games of the season are against Lonoke and Poyen. That should provide the answers to a lot of questions...

BrianfromCarlisle

Carlisle's senior point guard informed me that she has been working out.  She will throw down a few dunks this season!!  😏

JJYahoo

From what I have heard from various sources is that they have been coming in the morning at 6:45 and working hard!

Bildo

That is true. There has been a lot of focus on getting better defensively. I like seeing good defensive play, no matter what sport I watch. By dictating the game on the defensive side, should help in getting more people involved on the other end.

BrianfromCarlisle

That's great news!  that has always been an achille's heel in years past.  This group of girls are athletic enough to dictate a game defensively.

BigLion10

Lonoke and poyen will be two early good tests for the lady bison

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas