• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2a-2 boys

Started by NEAscout100, August 24, 2015, 07:05:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

NEAscout100

Anything on Sloan-Hendrix boys this season?

ab24

Apparently not much interest in the 2A-2! Probably go 0-4 in regionals again

NEAscout100

Thought Sloan and walnut ridge boys were good this year?

Tigger

Walnut Ridge is probably the favorite to win conference.  They have three really good seniors.  Sloan has potential, see if they improve in Cudes second year.

Silky Johnson

Sloan-Hendrix isn't that good.

BoxNOne

This conference will have a hard time getting out of regionals this year with the likes of Earle,EPC,Marked Tree and BIC waiting.

Ctucker

Conference will probably go 0-4 in regionals walnut ridge is favorite.wcc will still be tough 3 starters back and sixth man will start three guys between 6-3 to 6-5

NEAscout100

Sloan this summer beat Westside 25+ beat Tech and some other good teams.. I heard there supposed to be good, have 4 startes back including a tall group of sophomores that will help with size.. Supposed to be a crazy good back court with Murphy, Wilkins, and Johnson

Silky Johnson

Bay beat Sloan 50+ this summer. Those games don't count though.

Tigger

The four non-football schools start playing in two weeks, got any thoughts or predictions on how the conference plays out this year?

ab24

from what it sounds like, no matter how this conference finished, they will all be done after 1 game at regionals

NEAscout100

Sloan is looking really good, went to open practice today and Cude has them looking really sharp.. Seems to me they are being alittle under rated. First game Monday night the black and gold games.. I'd come out and watch them if you've got time, very exciting and entergetic team to watch..

Greyhound24

1 Walnut Ridge-Have everyone back i believe from team that was runner-up in conference and district last year.
2 Sloan-Has almost everyone back and have some 10 graders that should help district runner-up in jr high. Talented guards should be fun to watch.
3. WCC-3 starters back and size will give teams problems not much coming up from jr high. Dunn and Glass are really good
4.Tuckerman-Returns everyone and has talented group of 10 graders coming up to play. Won conference and district. Went 26-2 I believe last year in jr high.
5-7 is a toss up between Pangburn, Midland, and Salem

Tigger

This conference should be fun to watch this year.  Don't think Salem or Midland have much of a chance, but the remaining five teams will be competitive. 

Mustang Fan

Quote from: Tigger on October 07, 2015, 10:07:48 pm
This conference should be fun to watch this year.  Don't think Salem or Midland have much of a chance, but the remaining five teams will be competitive.
[/quote
Pangburn has a chance??  They will prob finish at or near the bottom

Tigger

That's your opinion about Pangburn,  but I bet if you asked the coaches in this conference if they thought Pangburn will finish at the bottom they probably would not agree with you.  We will see come February.  Good luck to everyone and hope everyone stays healthy.

NEAscout100

Sloan opens there first season with a win by 41 against Ridgefeild. Johnson led with 21 Wilkins 18 Murphy with 12 Dill with 10 and McCain, Stallings, Deshazo, Meigs, Vance, Gohlson all threw in some points for Sloan.. First quarter was close. Didn't play good defense. But when Cude got ahold of them.. It lit them up and it was a very good press defense. Looking good. Next game will be on the road at Mammoth Spring next Friday

Silky Johnson

Ridgefield is definitely one of the worst teams in the state.

Mustang Fan

Don't count the Mustangs out just yet. Last two coaching hires have been. Well let's say big mistakes.  This time we have hired a coach who knows basketball and actually played. He has several seniors on the team that are ready to prove themselves and upset some folks. Go Mustangs!!!

pootnscoot

Sloan Hendrix boys by about 30 over  Viola tonight.

NEAscout100

Sloan goes to Armorel tommorow, any thoughts and predictions?

pootnscoot

Silky Johnson

Missco

Baller_34

Wow, I figured Sloan would win

pootnscoot

Sloan continues to have a hard time on the road.

NEAscout100

Sloan beats Pangburn tonight at Pangburn 93-65 absolutely solid performance by them. Thats the best ball they played all year. Still gotta work on some defense to me, but other than that looked good. If they play like that every game gonna be a tough team to deal with.

Baller_34

Seen Pangburn last week and they are not very good, nothing against Sloan but they should've won like that. Happy for Cude.

NoPlace2

November 17, 2015, 11:46:11 pm #28 Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 08:33:55 am by NoPlace2
Salem Boys over Mammoth Spring 55-41
Salem Girls over Mammoth Spring 70-42
First game of season for Salem's Teams

NEAscout100

Wcc at Sloan tommorow. Gonna be a fun one to watch. Who yall got?

Baller_34

hsindian

Quote from: NEAscout100 on November 19, 2015, 10:10:06 pm
Wcc at Sloan tommorow. Gonna be a fun one to watch. Who yall got?
WCC

Ctucker

I don't no who wins this one we haven't played many games. Maybe short one starter.We got a lot of size I've only got to see one game so far beat quitman pretty bad at that game. Seem like we got a hand on ever pass that night,we still play tuff man to man if we can stay out of foul trouble we will have a chance.

Ctucker

WCC 22 Sloan 22 at half.

NEAscout100

Ctucker

Well it was bound to happen WCC lost first game in 2 years in conference to somebody other than ceader ridge!

TheOfficial

Quote from: NoPlace2 on November 17, 2015, 11:46:11 pm
Salem Boys over Mammoth Spring 55-41
Salem Girls over Mammoth Spring 70-42
First game of season for Salem's Teams

Has Salem played anymore since this?

NEAscout100

Sloan has two always games next week. Monday @ Tuckerman and Tuesday @ Midland. Any thoughts and predictions

Ctucker

I would say they win both. Midland just beat Timbo by 11. Have not seen much on Salem don't know what they got. I would say the conference will end up walnut ridge ,Sloan,WCC and Tuckerman as top four don't know what order they will end up.

BoxNOne

Sr boys

Tuckerman 86 Cedar Ridge 77 ot

Austin Reaves with 51 in a losing cause

NoPlace2

Salem's 2nd game is Tues 11/24 at home against Walnut Ridge.

pootnscoot

White County looked slow last night and had difficulty shooting the ball outside the paint. Very early but they are going to have a hard time beating Walnut  Ridge or Tuckerman.

Ctucker

That's why I said I don't know what order they finish.

Greyhound#1

Watch out for Salem boys.  They are deep.

NEAscout100

Sloan wins at Tuckerman. Close one but there looking pretty sharp this year. At midland tommorow.

NoPlace2

Sloan seems to be playing pretty good - any win at Tuckerman is a good win - it's usually 5 vs 8 there - Cedar Ridge ended up 2 vs 8 the other night from what I heard. We'll see what Salem has tonight -  at home against Walnut Ridge. Only second game for Salem and I don't think WR has played but one or two so far. Big advantage for non football schools at begining of season - some have played a dozen games already. Salem is much better than last year - how much better is still unknown.

NEAscout100

Mustang Fan

Depends on how Midland handles the full court pressure that Sloan likes to use.  Midland is a lot bigger and more physical. If the Mustangs can break that pressure early it could be rough night for hounds!

NoPlace2

Walnut Ridge Boys 66-27 over Salem
Salem Girls 71-51 over Walnut Ridge

Mustang Fan

Sloan beat Midland in OT 84-81. Zach Holt led the Mustangs with 24 and Sophmore Kegan Tharp end game with 20. If Midland is able to hit a few free throws game ends in regulation.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas