• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Van Buren @ Alma - Tuesday, January 13th

Started by AT, January 10, 2015, 10:44:34 am

Previous topic - Next topic

AT

I won't start many game threads for individual games, but I think this needs one for awareness.

I'm hoping for a great atmosphere at the Palace on Tuesday...

WPWells

AT

I'll be there. Hoping the guys come out and play hard. Love that this team has embraced their role of winning games any way possible even if it's ugly.

jking7

Should be a great game! I'm super impressed with Alma and the way they defend. The 7A/6A Central is probably going to come down to Van Buren and Alma.

CincyGuyintheFort

You know its a good big game if I choose it  as my game of the night ...  8)
I am on my way to the Palace @ Alma Hills now.
I am laying the line as Alma(-4)
I'm looking forward to a great game

AT

CincyGuyintheFort

Real big game. Had to park 3 blocks away dang near

AT

AT

Boys

Alma - 9
Van Buren - 9

end of 1st

Alma started off 5-0.

Van Buren responded with a 9-0 run.

Alma ended the quarter with 4 points.

AT

CincyGuyintheFort

Alma got a bit sloppy in the second. Austin Lee kept it close with 9 2Q points. VB movin the ball really well. Lead 23-18 at half.

AT

CincyGuyintheFort

Van Buren came out to play here in the second half. They are sending some of the Alma faithful to the parking lot a bit early.
This has been a fairly impressive performance on both sides for VB. A nice road win for them. Never easy to win here. Alma has just felt flat for most of the game for whatever reason. Austin Lee of Alma and Mitchell Smith of VB high scorers.

And wow that says a lot, Austin Lee , down 14 with 2min to go just went over the scorers table head first going for a loose all. What great hustle. He seems he is ok now thankfully

AT

Van Buren - 48
Alma - 35

FINAL

Played the defense to win the game, just wasn't there offensively tonight.

backatyou

I thought the Van Buren student section out perform Alma which really surprised me they had more Students and was a lot louder the whole game from begining to end!

CincyGuyintheFort

Quote from: backatyou on January 13, 2015, 09:26:54 pm
I thought the Van Buren student section out perform Alma which really surprised me they had more Students and was a lot louder the whole game from begining to end!

Oh I totally agree, that shocked me. VB student outnumbered Alma student 5 to 1. Alma students should be ashamed of that

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas